It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Gripped By Anti-Government Riots; America Next?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

World Gripped By Anti-Government Riots; America Next?

www.infowars.com

The planet is in a never-ending cycle of anti-government revolt as riots that plagued Europe last year now spread like wildfire through the Middle East and beyond, threatening to accelerate bloody clashes and force the hand of authorities as the risk of a new Tiananmen Square-style massacre grows ever likelier. Is America next in line to experience unrest that has touched almost every corner of the globe?

(visit the link for the full news article)

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Inevitably, this is a question, that as these uprisings continue to occur, will likely come up again and again in the coming times.

I do not see the situation as hitting the point of no return as of yet, but as more and more of the masses lose their homes, their jobs, and literally their ability to survive, and as tptb keep on keeping on with the idiotic policies and shafting of the masses, who knows WHAT may happen.

But I do hope that people are beginning to figure out, especially here in the states, that the GOV figureheads are not the CRUX of the actual problem---It goes higher up the ladder, to who is pulling their strings. And anyone who has been paying the LEAST bit of attention can figure this out anymore.

Wall Street Banksters...Mega-Corp heads...Bilderberger seatholders....Rockefellers....Rothschilds....Koch Brothers...

These are just a few of the folks who are dictating policy and are the PUPPET MASTERS of our puppets in the gov folks. So although we may well see an uprising here down the road as well, I do hope that folks know exactly where the ROOT of the problem and victimization of the populace lies. Removal of figureheads from office does not change the ROOT of the problem, and that is who is setting up who "rules" us.

These are interesting times we are living in people. One thing is for certain, we can not label this era 'dull'. heh-heh

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+53 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Most of our country is too fat, lazy, and busy watching Jersey Shore and listening to Justin Bieber to understand government oppression. Hopefully it happens soon though, we're long overdue

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Will be interesting to see if this moves to a non-muslim country and the leaders lose their power. I just think there's something really dodgy about all this, and if it's been manipulations by the west that have started this off it might backfire on them by hitting a lot closer to home. Maybe some people wanted a big change of power in these countries, but this could seriously spiral into something huge if several countries leaders are toppled.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Infowars is very fearmongering IMO and putting the words Fearmongering and "World Gripped By Anti-Government Riots; America Next?" together makes for bs :O

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The President has a 55% approval rating. There needs to be a lot more discontent than that before you get major riots, I think.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
If it does happen in the US, it'll give the govt an excuse to implement martial law, that the chicken little's have been screaming about since i joined this site in 2005.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Maybe to someone who's asleep

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I'm pretty excited to be honest. I remember walking through New York seeing people everywhere, and the energy of the environment was amazing. If riots where to break out in America, so much energy would be released by the people it'd be bliss.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

Note Alex Jones at 4 seconds says "military if your not with us, then declare your with the republic"

then around 1 minute, he says "and we're standing up against you, and the republic is gonna defeat you in the end, some of us personally will not make it"

Is he ust mixing his words up because it seems like double talk from Alex Jones

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
If it does happen in the US, it'll give the govt an excuse to implement martial law, that the chicken little's have been screaming about since i joined this site in 2005.

Martial law would be enforced by people with families and friends, and divisions would begin quickly if there's any over the top violence towards protestors and the general public. It probably wouldn't last long if the leaders have their troops revolting and the whole world demanding that they release power as quickly as possible. The military would be split from the off.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

I think he was just in the heat of the moment and pissed off

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Have they got a new expanded janitorial contract going at those FEMA camps yet? The Brits are likely clearing their throats to get ready to recite The Riot Act.

I doubt things would be much out of the normal here in Mexico. People have always protested the government here and street riots are just part of life.

The news picked up on a little altercation in Apatzingán, Michoacán about two months ago. What people from that town tell me, and what didn't make the news, was that government helicopters opened fire on the people there at random. The townsfolk responded by shooting down three of their helicopters from their homes. It's been kind of quiet in this state since then.

Basically it seems we are fighting the same thing here, the free-enterprise folk are responding to corporate oppression. The US people want something and enterprising Mexicans just want to supply the demand.

edit on 28-1-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
For something like this to happen in the US or any other democratic country or a country where people seem to be happy and prosperous, is extremely unlikely.

A country would need a critical mass of people who have simply had enough, a country where the leadership has not changed in 20 or so years ( Egypt and Tunisia where practically "democratic dictatorships" and people are being ill treated, discriminated against etc. Humans can accept a lot and adapt, but not quickly.

I am sure that many of you here might feel that the US or your country is similar but the vast majority of people in the US and other countries are either happy, don't see things the way you do, or simply not interested as long as they have a place to stay and a job all is good to them.

Also people who are willing to have mass riots against armed forces, Egypt, Tunisia, and even Greece lately have one thing in common I would say and that is that they are way more angry with their government than scared of them. Other countries will never be free of their dictators simply because they are more scared than angry, maybe North Korea is one of them, I don't think that it would be a far stretch of the imagination that the ruling government would even think twice about killing hundreds or thousands of North Koreans if they tried to revolt, and chances are in a place like that we might not even hear about it and if we did it would be so watered down.

An oppressive dictatorship relies on a few things, fear, police and military control, intelligence and of course total media control. If you can keep fear going and only feed the populous what you want to while having the intelligence agencies weed out any brewing opposition then you are in good form as a dictator.

Some of us on here might well see the above paragraph as somehting that is in motion in their country others might not.

From my point, Ask questions, challenge elected officials with as many facts as you can back up your argument, and trust them, but never completely. Read, watch and listen to the MSM but don't only rely on them. People have to have a balanced view of what is happening around them, we can't only take one news source to heart. The world is filled with half truths we need to be level headed enough as a people to decide which two half truths to combine.

edit on 28-1-2011 by lyndonl because: typos

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

Maybe to someone who's asleep

Defend your infowars. I won't listen to someone yelling at me
edit on 28-1-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

No yelling here friend

edit on 28-1-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
Infowars is very fearmongering IMO and putting the words Fearmongering and "World Gripped By Anti-Government Riots; America Next?" together makes for bs :O

Your idea has won the dreaded award:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0cbe228c4d51.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Don't you think that these type of riots and protests rarely lead to a desirable outcome.
Various groups use these type of events to pursue their own political agendas.
Not only that but it often gives the established regimes more power.
Isn't it sad that human beings can't sit together and plan a more effective course of action.
Action through non action would appear to me to be much more constructive.
By non action I mean of course, a carefully planned non participation in particular areas of society.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by midicon
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Don't you think that these type of riots and protests rarely lead to a desirable outcome.
Various groups use these type of events to pursue their own political agendas.
Not only that but it often gives the established regimes more power.
Isn't it sad that human beings can't sit together and plan a more effective course of action.
Action through non action would appear to me to be much more constructive.
By non action I mean of course, a carefully planned non participation in particular areas of society.

In not sure that non participation is the way to go, but it might well be in certain circumstances.
History shows us that often after a coup the government that comes in ends up being just as bad as the old one, and in a number cases like in Africa a resistance movement that gains political power via a democratic process seems to think that the entire country owes them for the freedoms that they have given to the people. Instilling a mindset in the ruling party that they can do what ever they like as they are the "Divine" leaders as such, Zimbabwe and Robert Mugabe are one of these "Divine" leaders in my opinion. What started out as a promising thing for the majority of the Zimbabwean people turned into an abusive and repressive dictatorship
edit on 28-1-2011 by lyndonl because: damn typos i need coffee

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join