It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Gripped By Anti-Government Riots; America Next?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Come on now dude... First you would need to get enough people to actually revolt. Secondly lets just say 10 percent actually marched on washington with intent to physically remove folks from office.... Local police with the help of the national guard could lob some tear gas in and poof..

gas gas gas... No mass revolt will ever work in the US.

And who would want one anyway... We still have cable tv.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Ben, you have no idea if anything "worked"...we have yet to see what the government will look like in Tunisia...it could be a 100% more oppressive government...at least to some group of the people.

And Egypt isn't going to fall...a lot of civilians are going to die...and people on here will cry about the Egyptian Military killing "innocent" civilians. Well you know what....they aren't innocent...THEY are inciting this violence...not the Military.

So please...let's not have any threads of those poor Egyptian rioters after the smoke clears and lots of civilians are dead.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Ben81

Ben, you have no idea if anything "worked"...we have yet to see what the government will look like in Tunisia...it could be a 100% more oppressive government...at least to some group of the people.

And Egypt isn't going to fall...a lot of civilians are going to die...and people on here will cry about the Egyptian Military killing "innocent" civilians. Well you know what....they aren't innocent...THEY are inciting this violence...not the Military.

So please...let's not have any threads of those poor Egyptian rioters after the smoke clears and lots of civilians are dead.

if they start shooting the protestors then they loose all support and its really over for them

it will be a government for the people who will think for their country in first second and third place

they will have to find someone that the people trust .. or it will be more protest
why would the mass allow another more opressive government to be put in place after that .. yeah right

edit on 1/28/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by TREASONFX
It will get messy fast if ant anti goverment or revolution happens in the US it really will be like the wild west

No it won't...it will be like any other "riot"...idiots will act like idiots...get beat down by the police...and then cry about "police brutality".

If you guys think it is that bad and want to go riot....then DO IT. Stop trying to get other people do what you are too weak to do yourself. This whole thread is nothing but trying INCITE a riot by other people...because none of you have the backbone to do it yourself.

So please...go take to the streets this weekend...there is no Football on this weekend and I need something to watch. Police cracking some heads should hold me over until the Super Bowl.

I disagree because there is a lot more nutters with guns in the US. So what your saying that if any revolution or anti goverment rising in the US in the same numbers will be the same as a group of demonstrators without guns ?

edit on 28-1-2011 by TREASONFX because: wrong quote

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

if they start shooting the protestors then they loose all support and its really over for them

Ummm....I don't think so. You kill enough protestors and the rest are going to go home. I have seen the videos and pictures in Egypt...compared to the population...there is a very small amount of people protesting. I would bet anything the majority of the population is just wishing for the violence to STOP.

And who started teh violence??? The protestors did. So when the government puts a stop to it...people will be thankful for it.

it will be a government for the people who will think for their country in first second and third place

Well that is some fantastic naive thinking from you.

they will have to find someone that the people trust .. or it will be more protest
why would the mass allow another more opressive government to be put in place after that .. yeah right

Because with no formal plan...when rioting and protesting collapses a government...the easiest form of government to slide into place is a dictatorship that has an agenda of his own...not concerned about the people. And if they want to protest some more...I'm sure a heavy handed dictator would have no problem killing them all.

Your views seem a little ideal in nature.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
America is the ultimate slave state.

People around the world have a sense of camaraderie. That is absent in this culture.

Add to that the chemical and technological sedation programs.

America is truly the most oppressed country.

Infowars is a joke, too.

Addit: Here's some articles that really opened my eyes to how people are engineered against each other in this grand state. www.happierabroad.com...
edit on 28-1-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TREASONFX

I disagree because there is a lot more nutters with guns in the US. So what your saying that if any revolution or anti goverment rising in the US in the same numbers will be the same as a group of demonstrators without guns ?

You have demonstrators in the US show up with guns and start using them....and watch how quickly the public calls for the government to squash them.

Because those demonstrators with guns...will be firing on AMERICAN CITIZENS. Everyday people doing their jobs...police officers.

Or do you want to go the Loughner route...just start shooting politicians...yeah you see how well that worked out for whatever cause he had. The public really got behind him there, huh?

And yes...I will compare what is being discussed to Loughner...and I'm sure you guys will come here and say "That is totally different...he was insane". Well insane or not...he did EXACTLY what you guys are talking about...and he has ZERO SUPPORT.

Keep dreaming guys...your little revolution fantasy isn't going to become reality.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATC_GOD
reply to post by Ben81

Come on now dude... First you would need to get enough people to actually revolt. Secondly lets just say 10 percent actually marched on washington with intent to physically remove folks from office.... Local police with the help of the national guard could lob some tear gas in and poof..

gas gas gas... No mass revolt will ever work in the US.

And who would want one anyway... We still have cable tv.

Ha ha...you really should learn your history. That was precisely the number that participated in the American Revolution....10%

Also, as a 12 year veteran of the US Army I can assure you that most if not all National Guardsmen would join their families before shooting them. In fact, the true sign of the SHTF would be when UN troops gathered on US soil. That would be the true enemy against American protesters.
edit on 28-1-2011 by OnTheFelt because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2011 by OnTheFelt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
America is the ultimate slave state.

People around the world have a sense of camaraderie. That is absent in this culture.

Add to that the chemical sedation program.

America is truly the most oppressed country.

Infowars is a joke, too.

Addit: Here's some articles that really opened my eyes to how people are engineered against each other in this grand state. www.happierabroad.com...

I wish I could give infinite stars.

Mayura is spot on. We are so oppressed believe me, that 75% of the populus doesn't know it. I'm sure most of you understand what it feels like to tell family members about this. I remember the FIRST reaction I got when I told my aunt about FEMA camps. "
" then she ate her dinner, as I sat traumatized.

The truth is, Most Americans have too much problems daily to devote the next few years to changing America. I am amazed at how many people watched the SOTUS. At least we're dragging our arse, but are we doing it fast enough?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt

Ha ha...you really should learn your history. That was precisely the number that participated in the American Revolution....10%

Also, as a 12 year veteran of the US Army I can assure you that most if not all National Guardsmen would join their families before shooting them. In fact, the true sign of the SHTF would be when UN troops gathered on US soil. That would be the true enemy against American protesters.

QFT.
alot of people fail to realize the soldiers are just people too, especially the ones here, if you were asked to shoot women and children, could you? would you? not me. nor the majority of civilians.
like OnTheFelt stated, UN soldiers would be a big deal.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
//// "Besides AMERICA there has barely been an area of the globe that hasn’t been hit by riots and unrest in the last six months, as the fallout from the economic collapse begins to be felt amongst the victims of the financial terrorists that launched an assault characterized by falling wages, high unemployment, spiraling inflation and food prices as well as crippling austerity cuts.//// quote from infowars article

Anyone who has been to Cairo noted the squalor and poverty of a 3rd World country which stretches farther than the eye can see to the city limits with the background noise of teeming millions upon millions that quickly drives people crazy, and thus, ear plugs are a necessity.

Similiar to the massive protests against the VN War in America it's the disenfranchised youth in Egypt that took to the streets largely because having nothing, they had nothing to lose. Only after the kids started the ball rolling did the older folks reluctantly join the fray.

It's important for people to remember that despite the years and years of protests in the US against VN, the war continued largely unabated, and in fact, Nixon was elected on a platform of "ending the war;" and then reelected 4 years later on the same platform because we still weren't outta there.

Thus, when you see Hillary calling for the Egyptian govt to allow "peaceful protest" what she's really saying is "allow the people to think they have a voice, placate them in many small ways but give nothing except the illusion, and then continue business (in power) as usual."

Therefore, if there's revolution (or change) in America it must begin with the youngsters who have nothing, and little hope of ever having anything, and thus wake-up to the fact that there's nothing to lose. Meanwhile their parents will continue to suck all value out of the country they built and until the wealth is drained they have no reason to get involved.

IMO there's little to no chance for revolution in America and not even the smallest sign that it has started. The kids have no jobs and no future and continue live at home supported by their parents who either have employment or strings to the growing Welfare State. The potential revolutionaries appear to be apathetic to the hopelessness of their situation.

And also, as DHS repeatedly warns, the real threat comes from the lone-wolf like Manning who have real principles and act quietly and secretly to bring the system down from within. That's modern guerrilla warfare.

edit on 28-1-2011 by Brown Bear because: context added

edit on 28-1-2011 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Musket vs Musket....Cannon vs Cannon. That is a little different than hunting rifle vs Tank....or handgun vs unmaned drone...or even a tactical rifle vs a stealth fighter.

It's a different time...you are dreaming and romanticizing the revolution.

And you fail to mention that it was 10% that actually fought...there was bout 45% support of the revolution in general. I doubt there is even 5% in support of a violent revolution at this point in time.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bjt1ngle

alot of people fail to realize the soldiers are just people too, especially the ones here, if you were asked to shoot women and children, could you? would you? not me. nor the majority of civilians.
like OnTheFelt stated, UN soldiers would be a big deal.

Who said they will be shooting women and children???

Most likely they will be told (and rightly so) that they need to stop the revolting masses in order to protect the women and children.

And when US soldiers think they are protecting American citizens from an attack on their own country...they will fire. Sure...maybe a few will refuse...but that is the beauty of having a large army...you will always find some to follow orders...especially after those that refuse are dragged off to a court martial.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for the dollar collapse and a big riot in an american major city. Yet, it's still no show. I'm not so sure when any of those are going to happen.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yep! As Alex Jones calls them, "Two sides of the same coin"
I don't think we can ever decide how the government will be run until SHTF, because in a situation where SHTF, that's when people start standing up and speaking out. That's when the herders and the sheep will be separated so to speak and it'll become more clear to see who's right to lead our country. We need a TRUE American in power, no more of these corporate fascist pigs.

Basically, if America does go into a revolution, it'll be done so blindly. A vision in mind, but no master plan so to speak. If we know what we want, as a WHOLE, we will get it. This is our country

edit on 28-1-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Maybe you can come back here and talk when it's someone from YOUR family killed in a false flag operation by our own government. Or when it's YOUR friend who gets sent to Iraq for corporate benefit and comes home in a body bag. You enjoy America because you haven't been negatively affected directly. Out of sight out of mind, right? You can enjoy your delusional dream world while the rest of us finally begin to understand what's happening.

You must have ORDER before you take ACTION. One person going out and protesting would just look silly. You need masses, and I think that's what people are trying to do. Organize masses. You can't have this without people completely understanding what's happening. It's a process that needs to continue until enough people understand.
edit on 28-1-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Well... it's more than that.

People go through their daily schedule, exchange fake greetings, then return to their homes.

There's this constant unease between strangers.

Studies show, that the USA is the loneliness country in the world. Being a male in my early 20's, I can attest to that. Meeting people and forming relationships is hard, especially outside of school, work, or other programs. Key word: programs.

Also, there's a HUGE rift between the genders. When you no longer have the genders supporting each other, everything moral(e) collapses and that is what has happened. All orchestrated, of course...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
The President has a 55% approval rating. There needs to be a lot more discontent than that before you get major riots, I think.

That is insane, 10% of Americans or more approve of the President because a congresswoman was shot? Check out the chart on RealClearPolitics. The swing happened because of the shooting. It shows how cattle-bred those Americans have become that they have no thought at all about how this President is performing but when a little bit of political news makes it past their barrier of ignorance they handcuff themselves to the closest political icon that they can remember. It probably would have jumped 10% more if American Idol hadn't been on.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is ridiculous....
These are anti facist dictator type riots.....
These people WANT American style Democracy....
You know? The stuff you folks sitting in comfortable easy chairs anonymously behind computer screens in houses with hot and cold running water and un interupted electric power with thousands of choices of food stores....don't choose to believe in....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
No way we'll ever actually riot here in the U.S. And if we ever did, everybody involved would be immediately labeled as terrorists, and then the streets would be filled with corpses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join