It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Gripped By Anti-Government Riots; America Next?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

I do concur with your post. S+F
It has been long overdue that we as true patriots as american citizens should revolt against an oppressive government. I among many of my friends are getting more tired of ignorant voters placing a smiling untrusting politician into office. I've witnessed myself the economy dwindling with unfullfilled promises and debt rising due to an influx in spending of taxpayers money. We need another Thomas Jefferson to lead us into another uprising as his famous quote, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants".
We need to inform the masses of the opression in this police state we call america. I will not tolerate another 1941 Gustapo on our families. I will wave my stars and stripes til they pry it from my cold dead patriotic hands!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
If it does happen in the US, it'll give the govt an excuse to implement martial law, that the chicken little's have been screaming about since i joined this site in 2005.

Maybe this is the "kick in the pants" that the U.S. needs in order to actually fix something, Not just vote for officials who say they will.

edit on 28-1-2011 by LunchBocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RiddlinKid85

Agreed completely. The people saying "Oh, well other parts of the world have it worse that's why they're revolting," while that may be true, are they just going to sit on their asses and watch as our government slowly unfolds into a dictatorship? Why not stop it before it happens. The signs are all around you.

WAKE UP PEOPLE. This country is turning into a police state. 15 YEARS IN PRISON FOR AUDIO RECORDING AN OFFICER, Police brutality while they get a paid vacation and don't get tried for crimes, cops that torture, politicians that sit smiling as they read a teleprompter and LIE TO YOUR FACE. "Change, hope" we hear it over and over. I SEE NO CHANGE, AND I HAVE NO HOPE. My only hope is that America wakes up before it's too late. Full body scanners in airports, wire tapping our phones, monitoring our internet use, cameras everywhere you turn. Always watching, waiting for you to make the slightest move that gives them the next chance to infringe on our natural rights, enact oppressive laws, or send our people off to die in hopeless wars that are only fought for corporate benefit. We get poorer, we bleed, while they sit on their money laughing at us. Drugs in our water, toxins in our food, toxins in the air we breathe. All for their sick benefit.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The US revolution started before the Tunisian revolution. The reason why you don't hear about it is pretty obvious, duuuh. US has a powerful propaganda machine.

Let me ask Americans one thing, do you think the US would implemented the Patriot law if there wasn't any backlash against the government? You answer the question, as an American.

The Patriot law is described as a Nazi law by the X-CIA official, because it undermines freedom of Speech, freedom of expression, liberty, freedom in general and goes against human rights.

You can be locked up indefinitely without any trial or conviction under the patriot act or the anti-terror laws, without any trial, conviction, or any wrong doing.

Americans know this, but Americans also know that their fascist dictatorial government is too powerful and too control freakish, they have given the police extra rights to terrorize the population without any accountability, for submission.

I can go on, in 100 more paragraphs, but no point, I'm not an American.

I respect Americans, and their courage to stand up against their viscous, deceitful, inhuman government.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
If america would go into some sort of revolution... it would be a dream come true for me. Sadly i'm one of those american whom deals with having to blend into society so you are not socially out casted and thrown into jail. If things started to hit the fan anywhere in America; i would be one of the first people to drop everything.. stock up and help the side i believed in the most. And I doubt that i would help our corrupt gov.

Its really sad seeing everything go downhill so fast, and how 98% of the community doesn't realize it because they are brainwashed into eating out of Big Brothers palm like its coc aine laced candy.

where is our " V " hero?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mrcheezel

Don't conform brother. Speak up. This is where it starts.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

I'd like to see the list of people they called before I declared this to be a good cross section of America!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by Anttyk47

Maybe to someone who's asleep

Defend your infowars. I won't listen to someone yelling at me
edit on 28-1-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

Defend your ignorance

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
America next? Nope. There's no clear or unified vision here of what we want all this to look like on the other side. Don't believe that? Look around. Rioting in the streets? To what end? We can't even agree on what the problems are...good luck with agreeing on a solution.

The people rioting in other nations are doing so to get what we here already have, problems and all, no matter what some peoples' perceptions might be. And even though what we have is not perfect by a long shot and is getting worse, it's still better than what they're starting with and dealing with on a daily basis. We are more than likely their heroic vision.

Yet this other heroic vision of revolution via rioting or force or bloodshed to take our country "back" clearly hasn't been too well thought through by those pushing this agenda. It's simply not a sane or fast or easy way to fix what really ails us as a nation. It's a projection that grows out of frustration. And it won't go anywhere either because there's no real direction to take it in.

What would this revolution look like? What would be the result? Who would win it?

Would the scales just tip to the the other extreme? Who would be our president? What would Congress look like? What would the military do?

What happens when opportunistic countries who have been waiting decades for us to waver swoop in and take advantage of the chaos?

What happens when our self-created, self-fulfilling internal strife really does bring those jackbooted thugs and FEMA camps down on us? And for that matter, who really runs these camps?

Who's the enemy here? Is it other Americans who are being just as manipulated as you are by forces preying on and using our differences, whatever those may be, to their every advantage?

How do you put a face on it? Does the face become those in government and the police? Yeah...that's exactly what your manipulators are using to shield themselves with.

Who does this benefit? That's your real question, and that's your real enemy. It also happens to be who you can't touch with riots or traditional revolution. Recognizing this is critical.

Nope. Won't happen. There's no clear vision here, no clear enemy, and no clear leadership either.

Articles like this really do make a person wonder who's manipulating who and to what end.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

You have to have balls to do these things and frankly i have yet to see anyone with a pair in this country! So while other people in other countries fight for their rights, unfortunately i dont ever see the same happening here in the US.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
While I understand that it goes higher up than the government, if we disposed of our government, wouldn't it be true that the puppeteers wouldn't have their puppets to put on the show so to speak? Either way, you can't have one without the other right?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Indeed, i think the whole world is long over-due an oppression breaking action!!

2nd

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

In order to accurately assess where is most likely to be hit by the wave of popular uprisings , one must first understand the state of the nations in which previous events have occured, and also to understand the general overveiw of the attitudes and mindsets of people in a nation which may become the site of a new uprising.
Let us take Tunisia as an example. Tunisia was under the control of its ousted leader , President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali, for twenty three years. A relatively peaceful and properous nation, when compared with its neighbours in the region, Tunisia was none the less rife with corruption, a lack of freedom of speech, and during recent years suffered under food inflation issues which lead to food shortages and lack of availability.
When a street vendor named Mohamed Bouazizi had his cart of produce confiscated by police, he set himself aflame in protest, and this sparked a popular uprising against the government by the great majority of people in the nation. This is a key point, the proportion of the population who were active in the protests , and those who supported the actions taken by protestors.
Without wide scale support, and numbers which represent the great majority of the population, a protest of this sort cannot achieve anything, and people who have understanding of this issue will not act, unless they are aware that the majority of people will be out in the streets. Getting your head beat in with police batons, your eyes seared by tear gas, and risking getting shot, are only worth the doing, if there is a reasonable chance of the numbers being great enough to achieve the stated aims of the protest after all. Now, in Tunisia , the numbers told, and will continue to tell until a brand new government is elected, and things change for the good in the nation.
I do not believe that a similarly effective protest, or a proportionaly similar sized protest, could EVER be organised in the United States of America. The reason I believe this, is that when you compare Tunisia and America, in terms of who is effected by what, and what Americans think about what thier government should and should not do, you find that where Tunisians pretty much were united in thier aims, the US population are so disperate and split about the direction they want to see the nation go, that no effective, and single minded approach can possibly be taken.
You see, where almost all Tunisia was effected by the harsh conditions that they protested about, there are great swathes of Americans who like thier nation just the damned way it is thank you very much. The population of the US has so many political schools of thought, religious elements, rights activists and lobbies for and against who knows what, that getting any group to protest under one banner, which would be large enough to mount an effective and powerful nation wide protest, is just utterly improbable. It is the division of the American society which prevents wide scale, effective, challenge and protest toward government , from ever becoming a reality.
Let me give you an example of what an admittedly large , but none the less largely ineffective protest is. In the UK before the Christmas holiday, there were protests organised by students and teachers, against the insane increases in University Tuition fees. Students of ages from university age, to secondary school age were present, along with thier teachers, and former students also. Along with these were an active but small group of anarchists and trouble makers, but they accounted for only a small portion of the crowds, and it has to be said, a large portion of the damage that was done when the protests turned to riots (largely bought on by police tactics being frankly unethical and preventing the people from performing thier right to march).
Although some of the protests during that period where well attended, the changes against which the protests where organised, went through, and in reality, all the protests did, was show the nation and the world that the government were not listening to the people who would be effected by the changes.
The reason this protest can be veiwed as unsucessful, is simple. Its aim was to prevent by wieght of opinion, the passing of new rules about tuition fees. The rules were passed anyway, therefore the protests can be said to have failed.
Now, if the protests had been attended by not just the students but by students, teachers, bus drivers cab driver, lorry drivers, builders, plumbers, court clerks, bank managers, fitness center employees, fast food workers, road layers, locksmiths, goldsmiths, steel workers, car manufacturers, artists, poets, game designers, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Mormons, Jehovahs Witnesses, retailers, small business owners, scientists, and persons literaly from EVERY stripe and walk of life, then the numbers would have been greater. If the protests had emptied entire towns and villages of thier residents, and been attended by the majority of people in the nation, like in Tunisia, then maybe the protests would have been more strident and had more effect. However, the groups of people I have mentioned may not all agree that the students issue was worth the protesting over.
Now, had the issue been the general cuts being made by the ConDem government here in the UK, then more folks would have turned out, and perhaps greater numbers would have been able to effect real challenge to the government position.
Now Im not saying that the states will be protest free going forward, but what I am saying, is that any protest is likely to be incapable of representing enough of the population at once, to effect any change in either policy or indeed the make up of its government. The numbers of people required to have proper effect, would require groups which have no commonalities of purpose and are polar opposites to one another, to put aside thier differences, some of which are very pronounced, in order to effect the sort of scale and power of the protests seen elsewhere. In comparision to Tunisia, the protests you will see in the states are likely to be tiny, patheticaly ineffective, and will serve only to highlight which individuals act in support of which political positions, which has obvous pitfalls associated with it.
There would have to be a massive shift in general opinion, from various different political groups, and idealogical organisations, in order to effect a workable amalgamation, capable of effective protest, and without such a change, a big powerful event just isnt possible in my view.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Good post, star for that. But I do have to say, don't say never. While Americans are divided in their views right now, all it takes is for the government to make one major slip up, one thing. Pissing off the wrong person, or the wrong group of people could be a game changer. And then the game of follow the leader begins. It's a domino effect, it will happen fast, and it will be hell. More and more people are slowly starting to wake up, that's a fact
edit on 28-1-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WraithXV

You've got problems if you really think it would be bliss. Mass Death, Rape, Torture, Starvation, Genocide. These are the things that would result if America started on that road.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I understand where you are comming from, and largely speaking I agree with you on the point you made about how delicate the balance is in the US. However, the way I see it, the balancing act thats going on in the US is more carefuly and strictly controled than to allow for such a mistake as you suggested might set off the chain of events which could lead to a major change.
The reason I see it as unlikely that such a big change would occur, is that the tipping point would be a bad descision that affects nearly all people in the States, in a serious and immediate way. It would have to gut the rich and the poor, smash asunder the connections between business and government , and render the entire system of justice and law and political power useless. It would have to be that big of a deal to motivate such a large number of disperate groups to link up under one ideal as far as I can make out.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Overthrow Obama and his govt. before he adopts Iranian style tactics that helped put down the protests and the revolution.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Compared to these riots and revolts, anon's DDoS "attacks" seem downright benign.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Anttyk47 -Infowars is very fearmongering IMO and putting the words Fearmongering and "World Gripped By Anti-Government Riots; America Next?" together makes for bs :O

And are we to assume that your source's of information are far more relevant and legit than info wars? And how does one dictate one media source more valid than the other? Especially when it is known FACT, that CNN, MSNBC, CSPAN and the like, are leaning way left~

LifeInDeath-The President has a 55% approval rating. There needs to be a lot more discontent than that before you get major riots, I think.

I would seriously question those numbers, especially when they are administered from CNN, a left leaning media station to begin with. I'm not suggesting those figures are wrong, but seriously, when was the last time a poll of any sort was accurate?

Many of you on this thread, make valid points and arguments. McNamara, said it best in the documentary titled, " Fog of War ", where he states;

I'm not so naive or simplistic to believe we can eliminate war. We're not going to change human nature anytime soon. It isn't that we aren't rational. We are rational. But reason has limits.

I think this quote ties into the " aggression " of the public, maybe not so much as " war " that is illustrated within the quote above. But my goal was to point out that though we are all rational, ( for the most part ), everyone's sense of " reasoning " does have limits. So with that said, imo, I think the limits of reasoning has been pushed to the bitter end.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

Dont want to go to school, my friend? Simple. We come up with some BS crime and throw you in jail.

Student sent to jail for not attending school

Don't want to pay taxes?
Tax Evasion sentence for Councilman

There are so many BS laws and things they can thrown in jail for, sooner or later they will resort to just killing the non-compliant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join