It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt: Internet down, police counterterror unit up

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
But wait,

Wont this make more people come onto the streets? Without phones of internet the whole county will come outside..

Ex

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I am struck by the number , or the absence of ,women in this demonstration.
I would also like to note that they waited till nightfall to release the military.

edit on 1/28/2011 by Ex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
One thing that keeps popping into my thoughts is the ancient history of Egypt.

i can only wonder what the Egyptian government has been hiding all these years.. All the sites that they have refused people to dig in 9like the suggested chambers under the sphinx), the ideas that much data is hidden and covered up in order to stop people learning the truth of the matter...

would all this be uncovered for the greater good once this current controller is gone?

I can only hope something majorly good comes out of this for the people of Egypt, the history and future of mankind and a BIG lesson to other governments of the world that we have had enough.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I hope you look at this!

Here is a live link too the protests english.aljazeera.net... Police and gov buildings are burning plus cars and trucks.

The military has showed up but have not done anything yet.
The curfew has past by 45 min so it is getting bad.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BluePillOrRedPill

TY!!

Alerting everyone I know - my prayers are with them.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by blangger

The fact the military hasn't really done anything yet is surprising.

This makes me wonder what their actual motives and goals are.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Gunshots ringing out in streets of Cario, Army on takeover. God bless the protesters my prayers and thoughts are with you.

live.reuters.com...

Thanks,

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I just heard that the police is surrendering.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
imagine how other authoritarian regimes in the area are reacting to this, considering that most of the Middle East consider Egypt to be their cultural and ideological capital.

The Arabs see themselves as the cultural/religious center. The Iranians are Persians and outside of being a Islamic State there isn't much in the way of connections. The Iraqis are descendants of Sumeria etc...and the Palestinians are looking for their next meal.

So please let's not muddy the waters with hyperbole

edit on 28-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
got this from twitter..

Egypt's ruling National Democratic Party headquarters in downtown Cairo on fire

twitter.com...#!/BreakingNews

Being reported as breaking news in this link too
english.aljazeera.net...
edit on 28-1-2011 by Extralien because: to add the link for breaking news

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thoughts on Egypt's activities regarding Iran and how they [those activities] may be influencing this [what is happening in Egypt, particularly] in respect to [how] other nations in the Middle East, specifically oh hmm maybe Saudi Arabia [might view this]? I'd say Turkey might be in a similar position here soon.

edit on 1/28/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

He looks determined.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc44c7758916.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
who needs the internet? Who needs cell phones? What about good old CB radio communications? That was one of the first social networks in the world...

I have to say I am impressed. Seriously.

This little spark of thought that something just isn't right with the governments and elitists is going global. People are becoming so sickened by the removal of their rights as individuals that literally thousands of people are taking to the streets to improve their lives.

As we see the USA in decline economically, and as we see more and more job loss, more home loss and watch our fellow man/woman/child suffer -we have to ask ourselves if we too have had enough.

What politician in our current age actually works for the people? What corporation has your best interests in mind?

I do believe the social unrest will eventually come to the USA – but we usually take a while to get off our collective butts to do anything.

Good for Egypt!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Does this relate to my question? I'm confused. I didn't ask if someone was determined? Sorry my mind maybe be on overload here, so I reworded my question.

edit on 1/28/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by blangger
I hope you look at this!

Here is a live link too the protests english.aljazeera.net... Police and gov buildings are burning plus cars and trucks.

Yeah, I am just watching the military being hailed by the protesters around one miltary APC vehicle - the miltary forces seems to be totally passive so far!

Maybe they'll join the people and will refuse their orders?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
HILLARY CLINTON LIVE NOW!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The US giving Egypt advice..Ha!
edit on 28-1-2011 by BluePillOrRedPill because: spelling

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
have you ever thought that it's quite funny that in all international cases everyone just has to know what 'USA' thinks about it... What USA say about it..

I mean does their oppinion matter more than others????

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hillary clinton making a statement now.. urges Egyptian authorities to allow peaceful protest and to stop the blockage of communications. but violence will not stop the problem. Is a partner of the USA. Asking to provide a better future for all ..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Originally posted by blangger
I hope you look at this!

Yeah, I am just watching the military being hailed by the protesters around one miltary APC vehicle - the miltary forces seems to be totally passive so far!

Maybe they'll join the people and will refuse their orders?

They stated that the military is there to prevent further damage and they will be the ones too replace the gov. IDK tho..

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join