It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt: Internet down, police counterterror unit up

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Why is she on instead of the Egypt president anyway. Is he scared? Did he give a call over to her and say help me out Hilary!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The thing that's really scary about this is that ordinary citizens around the world will demonstrate and die for freedom and democracy while citizens in America sit on their hands fully aware of rampant corruption in Washington, and on Wall Street, while their freedom and prosperity is being stripped away.

Does anybody remember reading about the mass demonstrations, millions of people, against the War in VN? What will it take to get Americans to do more than impotently complain on internet forums if 20% unemployment, massive foreclosures, outsourcing, depression and 3 generations of uneducated kids won't do it????

At least Americans had "balls" 50 years ago and sad for the mass castrations that have occurred here don't you think? But the most significant thing about Egypt and Tunisia is that the internet has been shut down. That'll be the first sign of civil unrest in the US as well. But who cares??

edit on 28-1-2011 by Brown Bear because: spelling

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Hillary clinton making a statement now.. urges Egyptian authorities to allow peaceful protest and to stop the blockage of communications. but violence will not stop the problem. Is a partner of the USA. Asking to provide a better future for all ..

I was actually shocked to hear her say this.
I expected her to come out and side with the current power in Egypt, but instead she stayed pretty neutral in her response or almost pro protesters. Could this be political positioning to be ready to openly accept a new regime if a change takes place?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
CNN showing a live picture of an area where a bridge crosses a river. Thousands of protestors still on the streets there and its well past the curfew. Reporter thought he heard automatic weapons. Egyptian soldiers trying to get crowd to settle down. They are surrounding a light armored vehicle and the soldiers are not doing anything to them! They are standing on the vehicle with the soldiers! Will the Egyptian military turn on the Egyptian government, or is this an 'isolated' incident? The Egyptian 'security forces' are backed by who? Who backs the present Egyptian president? What 'defense contractors' are involved in supplying training, equipment, and weapons to the Egyptian 'security forces'?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thoughts on Egypt's activities regarding Iran and how they may be influencing this in respect to other nations in the Middle East, specifically oh hmm maybe Saudi Arabia?

This will get a whole lot of flack but, I'm sure they're in there helping the people mix it up.
Just like the West was helping mix things up in Tehran a while back. Tit for Tat

How Are The Protests In Egypt, Tunisia's Jasmine Revolution Being Viewed In Iran?

"The Islamic world is ripe with major new developments and Khomeini's Islam is the engine of these events," Iran's hard-line daily "Kayhan" wrote in a January 27 commentary devoted to the recent wave of protests in the Arab world.

The daily, which often reflects the views of the Iranian establishment -- or more specifically, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei -- added that the third millennium is witnessing "the powerful [presence] of Islam under Iran's leadership."

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Cnn reviewing audio tape, they say it sounds like shots fired

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by blangger

Originally posted by Chevalerous

I hope you look at this!

Here is a live link too the protests english.aljazeera.net... Police and gov buildings are burning plus cars and trucks.

The military has showed up but have not done anything yet.
The curfew has past by 45 min so it is getting bad.

Yeah, I am just watching the military being hailed by the protesters around one miltary APC vehicle - the miltary forces seems to be totally passive so far!

Maybe they'll join the people and will refuse their orders?

They stated that the military is there to prevent further damage and they will be the ones too replace the gov. IDK tho..

Interesting developments indeed! - the military is the key factor here!

Now I'm reading that the foreign ministry has been stormed by protesters!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LanMan54

Soldiers rarely like to fire on their own citizens. They are much more likely to go against a corrupt government.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Crowds attack police station shots fire. Live ammo. CNN reporting

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The down side is that I seriously doubt Egypt will transform into a democracy. At best they will exchange one dictator for another... at worst they will become a theocracy like Iran. We all know how Islamic states deal with historic artifacts, look at what they did to the buddha statue in Afganastan.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No flack from me...they're the third ones I thought of. I think SA is right in there too, and by proxy.... Well just saying nothing would surprise me. I'm just looking at who wouldn't mind this government being out of the way.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hilary now fielding questions on CNN on tv. not on CNN.comlive

Ex

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I didn't realize that Egypt was the second largest recipient of US aid.

U.S. Foreign Aid TOP RECIPIENT COUNTRIES

Notes

Israel
-
One-third of ALL US AID
goes to Israel and Egypt.

These 2 countries receive
one-third of the total
aid, the majority of which
pays for armaments.
Yet, neither is a "developing" country.
Economic Aid (ESF)

LOOK HERE

edit on 1/28/2011 by Ex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Very interesting day for Middle-East and to world... I think this is main following thread for Egypt situation?

Hello after a while my fellow ATS friends! - Back in business

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Is this her siding with the protestors, or issuing a vague warning? Hard to tell. Talk is talk. Actions speak louder than words. If America's military thinks that this is a severe national security theat to the US then there will be action, and not in support of the protestors, especially the islamic ones. Stock market is falling rapidly. Things such as oil and natural gas are rapidly rising, which will lead to a rapid rise in everything else, especially in America, which will in turn lead to 'unrest' in this nation because people have a basic instinct, TO SURVIVE!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I hope you look at this!

Here is a live link too the protests english.aljazeera.net... Police and gov buildings are burning plus cars and trucks.

The military has showed up but have not done anything yet.
The curfew has past by 45 min so it is getting bad.

Yeah, I am just watching the military being hailed by the protesters around one miltary APC vehicle - the miltary forces seems to be totally passive so far!

Maybe they'll join the people and will refuse their orders?

They stated that the military is there to prevent further damage and they will be the ones too replace the gov. IDK tho..

Interesting developments indeed! - the military is the key factor here!

Now I'm reading that the foreign ministry has been stormed by protesters!

They now said that they have someone surrounded in their home and they can not get out.. They gave a name but I can not even say it let alone spell it. Is it the president?

They also said they think the military may have sided withe the people.
edit on 28-1-2011 by blangger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Janus, Long time no see.

Would appreciate your take on the subject....

Missed our very candid, open, honest and unbiased debates and discussions.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blangger

It's probably the opposition guy who came back to Egypt the other day!

The military still passive it seems!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Now getting reports that Egyptian military IS firing on protestors in Cairo! Guess the love in shown on CNN with the Egyptian military personel in one light armored vehicle is over! Once again the reporters on FOX are attempting to inject the muslim 'religous extremists' into the mix, but then the reporter contradicts himself calling Egypt 'desperately poor'! Is it so hard to imagine that people who are out of work, who are so poor, who live in military dictatorship supported by American 'interests', would do what they are doing in order to just SURVIVE?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Al Jazeera Tv doing a good side by side view of what they are covering(Protesters, car fires) while the Egyption tv coverage is pulled way back from the city and you can't see anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join