It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Book Celebrating Suicide Bombers Found in Arizona Desert

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

I've said many times that the vast majority of Muslims are not involved in any way with terrorism.

However, you are burying your head in the sand if you don't recognize a connection between the strict fundamentalist Muslims and violence.

This was a post about a book of Muslim Martyrs which usually means that they killed themselves along with others. People were suggesting that this book was planted. The article that I referenced involved a Muslim cleric who Canada considered radical enough to deport and he was caught sneaking across the Mexican American border.

Don't try to paint a simplistic picture of me as a bigot. That's a cop-out.

The Mexican American border is porous. If you were a terrorist, who wanted to gain access to the US, how hard would it be to walk across this border like so many Mexican do? Why is it so difficult to believe that this book was found near the border?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
I knew someone of the liberal left was gonna complain about the source....not legit info, if it isn't a source of their liking~ The blind will always embrace ignorance~

I agree, the blind do embrace ignorance.
BTW

Authorities told Fox News that there were no people in the area at the time the book was found, and no arrests have been made in connection with it.

Since when is it illegal to own a book in the US? I'm calling this thread out for fear mongering, trolling and Constitutional Shredding.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hmm, there's been a hankering for war against and within Iran for a while...

Anyone consider how this book got there? Let's face it, terrorists aren't old-school Batman villains the type to explain their nefarious plans in great detail only to be scuppered at the last hurdle because of it...

To all those wanting their borders shut, please do - remember that cuts both ways, bring all your troops home and line them up along the border to Mexico, but please don't forget those pesky Canadians and let's not forget you'll need to close your airports for non-domestic flights.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

Fed can print more money if there are more people living in the states. Each individual is an asset who can contribute to the wealth of the fed. And on top of that, the US has not been owned by the people since 1913. You just don't know what's going on. And they have the power to keep the congressmen who follow their orders in their position.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

On a another thought, is this another attempt by the media or politicos to blame it on the book for Jared Lee Loughner's actions and somehow tie it to a terrorist organization recruiting weak minds in the US? A possible agenda and objective to be met by feeding the public what it needs to hear? and approve the Border Building Budget ?

edit on 28-1-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Here we go. Can we PLEASE close the FREAKING BORDERS???

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I might be wrong, but the 911 perpetrators were all here legally. it amazes me how republicans and the right wing, all use the same argument in defense of closing the border, that the left uses for gun control. making it illegal to be here does not stop them from coming, it just gives us the worst possible immigrants. just as making guns illegal does not stop people from obtaining them. it only makes it the worst sort who acquire them.
edit on 28-1-2011 by sacecowboy because: Oops

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Bunken Drum

If being God was a democratic elected position, on the basis of this post, I would vote for you Bunken Drum.
Just bloody fantastic old chap, really!
Starred.
Thank you. I try. It rarely works out as well as I intend, but what can you do but strive on with diligence?

As it happens, I've recently had a short posting ban for denying a particularly common form of ignorance in terms which I shouldn't have, since they were clearly against T&Cs. Nevertheless, despite my contrition, I find that the level of my ire towards common ignorance is elevated. I expect it'll simmer down soon, but in the meantime, I'll not be surprised to find myself coming down on it like green goo on NY State. I make no apologies.

This OP article isn't journalism, its button-pushing; the tags being "terrorism", "Iran" & "Mexican border". If Fox did have informing their audience as a goal, they'd have stuck to the journalists' creed: "who, what, when, where, how?" & only then moved on to the editorial "why?".

Who: what is the background of the alleged finder of the book? What other agencies are active in the area?

What... is the provenance of this particular copy of the book?

When... did it become possible for overstretched border guards to do more than drive around hoping to spot people, making finding a book lying around very unlikely?

Where... was this book supposedly found? Just lying around b/c some dopey terst forgot to pick it up before heading off to kill Merkin babies?

How: just how many Iranians visit/live in Mexico? Have any Iranians ever been caught crossing the border illegally? If so, how many?

There's really no point even discussing what a Fox editorial "why" that was backed by proper journalistic research would consist of, b/c no matter how bizarre or nonsensical we might conjecture, they most certainly could go 1 better.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Ummm, didn't even make it through the first page and I have to reply to this one. You're not speaking for "the nation". I think Arizona has quite a good following of level headed people.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sacecowboy

You make a valid point, in that the term of Closing the Borders-as stated.

I will take this opportunity to explain how I feel about the term-in hopes of clearing up any confusion.

The term Closing the Border is not simply putting a fence up and armed patrols etc. It has to do with Enforcement and Compliance of the current/existing Immigration Laws already in place. Air, Land, Sea, Electronically and so forth.

I think in all the heat of passionate battling between the two sides of the arguement that the point I made ofter gets lost and/or forgotten about.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

kool story bro. But people can read what they want.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You know – I used to watch Fox News. Years ago, I watched it because of the superb coverage of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Now that I don't watch Fox News – I feel that a heavy weight has been lifted from my chest, and I can actually have rational and complex thought patterns about the world around me. I have noticed that I am more accepting of people and their cultures. I do believe Fox programs its listeners to their agenda, and whilst people believe it to be a “conservative” one – it reeks of nationalistic propaganda and even diabolical intent.

I just can't wait to hear the spin they put on the Egyptian protests...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Here's an idea:

Remove the troops from the Middle East and put them at the Border. Could help and be cheaper, no?

Obama follows the Bush policy: "We're fighting them over there so we don't fight them over here." Mr. Obama, they're already here.

Also, for those who protest the idea of security checks at the Greyhound bus stations: THIS is why it's necessary. Time to come back to reality folks: there are individuals out there who want us dead. Accept it and take action.

Yea best thing to do is kill all brown people eh as they "might" be a terrorist.

"Those that give up their freedom for security deserve neither" Benjamin Franklin

Really? You had to take my comment out of context and add racism to it?

Well done

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm going to call BS on this one. I think it was planted there.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar
reply to post by Crakeur

Ummm, didn't even make it through the first page and I have to reply to this one. You're not speaking for "the nation". I think Arizona has quite a good following of level headed people.

Now that is a Great Reply to an individual that I believe works or lives on the East Cost,,,,,Likes to Flaunt the Site Administrator picture, instead of a, (disclaimer, HI, I'm posting like a member, this thread interest me.)

But the point is, maybe, just maybe some individuals are worried they'll lose their Maids, Kitchen Help, Drivers, Favorite Taxi Driver, Lawn Maintenance man, Pool Man or even the Private Masseurs, Who knows what their line of thinking is, other than it would possibly effect their personnel life, If we closed our borders and started to really Scrutinize who is in Our Country.

I need to remind most of you, If you don't live in or near a border town or city, don't believe everything you read or hear, travel to or talk to more than one of us border city dwellers.
You have this impression that these people come here and hide or fade in to the wood work and are not seen or heard of again. You Could Not Be More Wrong.

Sure it was only a book, Really nothing more than a book to you and me, but do you know anyone who has been a Suicide Bamber?
Many middle eastern people do know just such people and in their family too. These may have been a book that was a connection to their father ot brother and now adays maybe even their sister.
A plant by the evil Fox News or a Border Patrol Guard. Give Me A Break,,, Grow Up or At Least Wake Up, I can take you to on entire part of Phoenix that is 60% middle eastern people and they don't like you or me driving in their neighborhoods.

anon72, Great Thread, but you'll always have the American Citizen that believes we get what coming to us.
You'll always have the American Citizen that believes no one is here to arm us, it's all made up by the power to be, so they can start wars and kill people and make money. You would ever change their simple minds, they will go to the gas chambers believing it just shower time to kill the lice and fleas.
They go on believing that people are good and loving and want to hold hands and kiss and hug and airplanes fall out of the sky because it was Gods Will.

I'm done Ranting, Sorry, the wife is out shopping and I know That's Going To Cost ME!
Try and remember, that book didn't grow legs and walk their by it self.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
I knew someone of the liberal left was gonna complain about the source....not legit info, if it isn't a source of their liking~ The blind will always embrace ignorance~

And the fear-mongers will always count on people's fear to override their judgment and logic. This is exactly the kind of thing that fox news covers because it suits their agenda to make people scared and give them someone to look to for answers.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Am I the only one smelling another propaganda campaign? Only in america do these natural coincidences seem to occur. You never know though, maybe this is real.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Racist or not, it was absolutely ridiculous. You want the military patrolling greyhound bus stations because someone might be reading a book you find questionable.

Think about that for a second.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Wow a book was found in th desert. So if someone found a Bible in the desert does that mean the Christians are about to take over? Actually think was this discovery means... not what all the doomsayers think it does. For Petes sake people you can get 10x whats in that book on the internet!!!!

Why is ATS a feeding ground for the paranoid?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
PROBABLY PLANTED THER BY FEDS and anybody who doesnt see this is ignorant --i could probably buy 1 and plant it near canadian boarder, so what, means nothing except to the weak minded sheep who cant see through this for what it is.
Big deal! I suppose the [close the boarders] nuts think we could only have terrorists come from mexico -how ignorant. Terrorist are home grown also and could come from anywhere.cant belive people fall for such crap.
LETS BOMB IRAN you hero worshipping of the soldier scum bags. [**^%*##] Anybody who believes this crap should be taken out back and beaten sensless.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have to believe this is tried in with the O P some way or at least should be, Here is your Muslim that doesn't come across the border according to some of you.Controversial Muslim cleric caught being smuggled into U.S. over Mexico border

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

U.S. border guards got a surprise when they searched a Mexican BMW and found a hardline Muslim cleric - banned from France and Canada - curled up in the boot.
Said Jaziri, who called for the death of a Danish cartoonist that drew pictures of the prophet Mohammed, was being smuggled into California when he was arrested, along with his driver Kenneth Robert Lawler.

I know, I know he wasn't really there, This is just a Make Believe New Story About Our Southern Border!

I'm not trying to get off topic or derail the thread, This is related, one couldn't one of his followers or at least another Muslim have dropped that book?

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join