It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Book Celebrating Suicide Bombers Found in Arizona Desert

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Iranian Book Celebrating Suicide Bombers Found in Arizona Desert

www.foxnews.com

EXCLUSIVE: A book celebrating suicide bombers has been found in the Arizona desert just north of the U.S.- Mexican border, authorities tell Fox News.

The book, "In Memory of Our Martyrs," was spotted Tuesday by a U.S. Border Patrol agent out of the Casa Grande substation who was patrolling a route known for smuggling illegal immigrants and drugs.

Published in Iran, it consists of short biographies of Islamic suicide bombers and other Islamic militants who died carrying out attacks.

According to internal U.S. Customs and Border Protection documents, "The book also includes letters f
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Here we go. Can we PLEASE close the FREAKING BORDERS???

WTF is wrong with our Gov't? What are they waiting for-a bigger attack?

I guess the 9-11 total number of dead and injured wasn't enough to smack the USA into reality

It is just a matter of time. I think I better get the SHTF box updated and some new ammo.

Okay ATSers from that region. Get to work and find out additional info ASAP.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I hear ya...we needed to shut the border down, what?....100 years ago...better yet, how bout when we defeated them during American, Mexicant war.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's not like Fox news relies on fear mongering or anything to gain ratings.

2nd line!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I knew someone of the liberal left was gonna complain about the source....not legit info, if it isn't a source of their liking~ The blind will always embrace ignorance~

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Yes, I think they are making it all up.

Nothing to worry about here-go back to sleep.

Like I said, how many have to die this time before we take this crap with the terroist seriously?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well isn't this just freakin' wonderful. Chances are the Iranian that crossed the border there dropped it. I am willing to bet the government pins this on Loughner and says, "there is nothing to worry about, no American citizens are in any danger related to this latest discovery."

We can't get on a plane without being raped in this country, but 50,000 illegal immigrants can wander into this country unannounced, get a job, and live out their days in the good ol' US of A.

What do they have now, like 6 agents and a pack mule that patrol our southern border?
Oh wait. I saw that commercial where grandma takes her spiffy little motorized wheelchair to the Grand Canyon. I think she works for the Border Patrol now. Fighting crime at 2.38 mph.
edit on 27-1-2011 by IamAbeliever because: no reason

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
One of these days it's going to happen, in a mall or subway station. Hell they almost got away with it in Times Square. I blame the left and the right as well as the corporations, if anything happens they will also have some blood on their hands. I also wouldn't call this fear mongering, I would call it the reality we live in today as sad as it is.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I knew, as soon as I saw your source, that someone leaning left would come and complain...ignorance is bliss for some. Granted I'm no fan of any media, but I guess if your a follower of the oh, so unbiased like CNN, or MSNBC, etc....I guess all other forms of info are deemed non-legit...run along sheep...the wolves are among you!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

How many terrorist attacks have there been since 9/11 in the U.S.?

That's right none, do you really think that an islamic radical seeking to blow himself up would risk dying in the Arizona desert? it's 100x easier coming through the north border, and as far as I know the last terrorist attack that took place n US soil came through the northern border.

We need to start checking the documents of these people and requiring more identification in order for people to come in. We don't need to isolate ourselves from the rest of the world by closing our borders completely.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
all you americans are more likely to die from a cops stray bullet than from a terrorist attack, but i dont see anyone screaming to de-arm the police and things like that.

dont let the media control your thoughts or you will soon be like the ussr back in the 70s

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Dear Arizona,
Your penchant for being in the news, of late, is becoming a bit too frightening for the rest of the nation. You have a crazed gunman killing politicians, innocent bystanders and judges, you announce that a birth certificate must be shown if you want to run for president in that state, you have minutement killing young girls and now you find a book honoring suicide bombers near the border to mexico.

Do the rest of the nation a favor, tell the local cops to pay more attention to the reports of potentially violent students, hire the minutement to actually patrol the border instead of raiding people's home try and get every other state to go along with your birth certificate plan.

If you cannot do these things, please be advised that we, the people, the citizens of the United States of America, outside your crazy state's borders, will be forced to sell the land, and everything within your borders to mexico, where your people will be treated as they have been treating the mexicans.

Regards,
The Rest of the Nation.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
also i would like to pointy out that a terrorist would usually like to keep himself as low key as possible and would surely not be walking around with a book that praises suicide bombers with him in the middle of a desert. it just seems like common sense really, just like many of these people supposedly drink and have sex with different girls etc... to blend in with the crowd.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
OTM's (other than Mexicans) have always been as big of a threat as the illegal immigration problem...why wouldn't our government take these issues more seriously...certainly points to some other agenda ??

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

That's right none

Sure about that? Atleast none that you know of huh?

Since the 9/11 terrorist attacks, 23 terrorist plots against the United States have been foiled. This report updates a November 2007 report from the Heritage Foundation that described 19 plots that had been foiled to date since 9/11. Less than two years later, the U.S. has foiled four more plots aimed at Americans.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

You are true and correct.

The sadder thing is that MSNBC, CBS, ABC. CNN etc will not report a story like this.

They prefer to let them be paties and they play the insturments to the fools as the ship sinks into the ocean...And the Band Played On

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Apparently my post about the failed bombing of times square was overlooked, or how about the Major or Captain Hassan? Was that not murder in the name of Allah?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
...And?

Iran (And honestly, Shia in general) has this weird and rather morbid infatuation with "martyrs." You can go to any bookstore over there and pick up a big, full-color glossy photobook of the "martyrs" of the Iran-Iraq war. when an American reporter on the front stepped on a landmine in the late 80's, the Iranians tried to send his wife one of these books, as they considered him a martyr of the war, as well (his colleagues managed to talk the Iranians out of that particular faux pas.) I've no doubt that other such books exist for martyrs of all other stripes, whether they be suicide bombers, Iraqi civilians, or Sufi saints. It's a cottage industry.

And yes, it looks damned bizarre from a western perspective. However, it's not a "danger sign," it's no sort of "smoking gun."

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

That is very disturbing. I already was of the opinion that we needed better border security but this is bringing that opinion to a whole new level.

Those people are not martyrs.

mar·tyr (märtr) n. 1. One who chooses to suffer death rather than renounce religious principles.

Strapping a bomb to yourself does not fit the definition. If it was a situation like "renounce your religion OR strap this bomb to yourself" then maybe it would be a better fit.

The fact that someone dropped that book before they (possibly) hopped the border is scary.

Edit: I reread the snippet and now see that it was found north of the border. Even better.
edit on 27-1-2011 by daryllyn because: I do what I want.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Regardless of the source, so far there is no substantial evidence. A photo of the book has not been published (which also would need to be taken with a grain of salt...moreso if it is in English obviously), nor have photos been published of the other items mentioned in the article.

Additionally, for anyone to try to make their way through the war zone US/Mexico border area would be a battle in itself just to get to the US.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join