It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STATE of the UNION Address, 1-25-2011

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I want someone to raise the point that he said we were giving subsidies to oil companies and to banks and that by ending those subsidies we would be able to subsidize new programs for new technology. My question - if that were true, and the Democrats had a super-majority in congress and the presidency since Jan 2009 why did they not think to end those subsidies in the past 2 years - why during that speech do we suddenly learn of it?

Well this says among other things that they are going to subsidize a whole new industry that cant sand up on its own two feet yet. More industral welfare. A fancy way to cram windmills and electric cars up the bunghole of the american public. Cant for the life of me figure out why the oil firms need subsidies for thier black gold texas tea. Thats where they need to spend this money developing the domestic oil situation.

As far as why the dems didnt take care of this....they need leverage aganist the republicans. They can at some point make it look like republican oil intrests are holding up change and foot draging on new interest better for the nation. This may be nothing to worry about just more flibidy flab. Plaus the dems can use this to make it look like they are putting it to the republicans. Have to wait and see how this plays out. But we certainly dont need to redirect the funds to more wastefull projects.

Overall, I thought he did a good job - lots of smoke suitable for 5-10 second clips on the news and I'm sure that tons of Americans will eat it up. It was completely disingenuous though - I didn't hear one thing that would lead me to believe that I will be leaving a better America for my children.

Hay but that high speed rail! Our kids will have that! lol

He said that times have changed and we have to accept that our industrial jobs are gone. My Question - Where did they go? It seems to me they went to China and India - the countries suddenly in position to compete with us. His answer - accept it and move on, focus on high technology jobs.

Well he didnt start this. He sounds like a mouthpies for the PTB that sold these jobs down river years ago. Maybe they will shut down coal someday and the mountain jacks can all go back to making moonshine. Which reminds me that spirit sales were up last year! Moving a lot of that stuff as folks try to drink themselves into a state of forgetfullness.

The 2009 US GDP composition by sector shows the following:

Agriculture : 1.9%
Industry : 21.9%
Services: 76.9%

This is a disaster in the making. The entire economy now hinges upon the fact that the USD is the world reserve currency - take that away which is only a matter of time not if, and the service sector is going to collapse. It isn't about what he said in the SOTU, its about what he didn't say, what none of them have said for 50 years. His plans signal the death knell for the US.
:

Yep that service number is way to high. Its so very dependent as you know. I can tell you that the type of service that I provide is taking a pounding as are many others. I wonder if that includes the sex industry?
edit on 26-1-2011 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This was typical Obama style. First, he separated the parties to make it more "bipartisan". What this translates to is, "I love partisanship when my party is in control, otherwise I'm going to silence it".

This clown completely ignored the will of the people and the Republican party before the election. The people overwhelmingly rejected his healthcare and he rammed it through. He created an unprecedented number of czar positions and filled them with partisan hangers-on and extremists, (think Van Jones). Quite simply, he was as partisan and stubborn as any president I've ever seen, and NOW he wants everybody to play nice.

I hope the Republicans tell him to stick it up his arse.

The coverage was a joke as well. Chris Matthews was practically drooling over him in his commentary before the address started. He claimed Obama saved thousands of jobs by bailing out GM. And all of the small suppliers that would have gone under without GM. So, somehow it is a good business decision to steal from the American people to keep a corporation afloat? It's not like he pulled the billions of dollars out of his own pocket. That money is extorted from you and I. Let's see, take MY money and give it to somebody else. That's how we save jobs? So my payroll is going to fund somebody else's payroll. Only in the liberal mindset would this qualify as a savvy business decision. In any other world, it would be deemed a complete failure.

Only in the mind of a liberal would they take credit for a negative; ie. jobs that weren't lost. By those standards, we could ALL take credit for the millions of jobs that weren't lost in the last year. That's like saying, "While I've been president, millions of jobs weren't lost". Please. This guy is as big of a joke as he was before he was elected. A talking head. A nobody.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vortiki
He was doing alot of talking on bringing governmental groups together and "redesigning" government. If you ask me this sounds like steps in the direction of globalism. It starts with the combining of various government run groups such as the CIA and the FBI, next thing you know there's UPU2 everywhere.

I heard the exact same thing we he brought up that we have a government rooted in the past. I think the underlying meaning was (a) that the founding principles do not apply any longer and (b) that he wants the reigns to completely redesign the government in his image. I don't disagree with him though that the government has done a piss poor job and needs to be reformed I just want those useless and overstepping agencies to be eliminated - he wants them consolidated, strengthened, and controlled along the lines of the DHS - that worked out real well for us lowly citizens.

When things like this are said and certainly durring a SOTU they should be splained some what. But alas we are talking about bullsctitters and chin flappers. And by government does he mean bureaucracy and agency or the actual consitutional frame up? He couldnt say anyway becouse THERE IS A MAD ICE GUY HOVERING THE EARTH WITH A SUPER WEAPON AND WE DO AS WE ARE TOLD!

Anyway this was a speech. Reminded me of another speech. A famous guy said once...."it puts the lotion on its skin of else it gets the hose again".

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
This was typical Obama style. First, he separated the parties to make it more "bipartisan". What this translates to is, "I love partisanship when my party is in control, otherwise I'm going to silence it".

This clown completely ignored the will of the people and the Republican party before the election. The people overwhelmingly rejected his healthcare and he rammed it through. He created an unprecedented number of czar positions and filled them with partisan hangers-on and extremists, (think Van Jones). Quite simply, he was as partisan and stubborn as any president I've ever seen, and NOW he wants everybody to play nice.

Another and yet at a time one would not expect it, another great show of HOW FIN STUPID they think the american public is. He is a stubborn dem as most are thick headed ram it on down the shoot type of meg type a-holes.

The Dems and some pugs have it in the blood and all through thier system that the "will of the people" is a stupid and quaint notion that the masses chew on like cows to the cud. This world is run by elites and the sooner we understand this the sooner we can get along with real living and real government.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Look on the bright side, at least when we have high speed rail they will be able to ship all of the hungry and destitute to their nearest FEMA locations for hot soup and re-education much quicker than they can now.

Or maybe the Chinese business executives can travel on our beautiful scenic high speed rail system as they shop around for cheap land and homes to purchase at bargain discount prices.

The future doesn't look bad at all

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Nonsense...trash...garbage...unrealistic...fake...written by writers...prompted by big interests..and a big screen to read from. The only reason he was speaking at all...was because he had to...and it was expected of him. Too bad it wasnt his own words, ideas, thoughts or concerns.
the only thing missing was the strings.....

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Sounds like something Rollins would say.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
reply to post by Logarock

Or maybe the Chinese business executives can travel on our beautiful scenic high speed rail system as they shop around for cheap land and homes to purchase at bargain discount prices.

The future doesn't look bad at all

Maybe even buy the estate of some guy that shiped his F500 company over there to begin with along with all the little estate homes of the folk that used to work in his plant.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I was a young teen when Reagan was around and I admit I loved him as a President, because he gave great speeches. I was always a reader and writer, even at a young age, so to be able to speak well and inspire with words was impressive to me. I have fond memores of that President.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I thought it was brilliant, and the delivery was flawless.

His genuineness in his desire to help the country is there for anyone who opens their eyes to see.

The first person in power to break the news that the corporations and lobbyists are running the country, and he wants it to stop. Note to self: Not a single rich republican stood up to applaud this very bold and historical moment. It flew by, just another moment in time. To take from the elite is always resisted. The insinuation and bold assertion blown off like yesterday's newspaper.

But then, I guess I'm on the wrong thread.

Anyway, eta, much of it reminded me of this thread, by SO.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

For anyone who hasn't seen this older thread, it's really quite excellent. One of the best, imho.
edit on 1/26/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by Vortiki

Anyway this was a speech. Reminded me of another speech. A famous guy said once...."it puts the lotion on its skin of else it gets the hose again".

So, Obama's State of The Union speech reminded you of a fictional serial killer?

Strange.....
edit on 26-1-2011 by marker3221 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I agree. I also noticed John Boehner's face when Obama said he wanted to cut the cash going to the oil companies. Old John wasn't happy with that one at all, I wonder why?

Clearly bought & paid for.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It seems, that the United States is facing an economic downturn or an upswing. I credit the Obama administration, for taking us away from the cliff precipice, that W. Bush was so pushing so hard to take the U.S. and the world over.
Overall, I thought it was a good State of the Union Address by President Obama. Though, I was very disapointed that the closest thing to ET disclosure, was "our generations Sputnik moment."
"President Obama argured on Tuesday evening that the politics of austerity, mindlessly applied would amount to a pre-emptive surrender to China, India and a raft of smaller competitors who are investing while Americans are cutting."
I liked the voluntary date night idea for the seating arrangements between the Repub's and the Dem's. But I so badly wanted Mitch McConnell, to come out dressed as a drag queen, and have him sit next to Barney Frank.

Thank's

Erno
edit on 26-1-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marker3221
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I agree. I also noticed John Boehner's face when Obama said he wanted to cut the cash going to the oil companies. Old John wasn't happy with that one at all, I wonder why?

Clearly bought & paid for.

Actually there were quite a few people around the room with some Wha? moments.

And what's with some of them taking notes, like there's going to be a test later.

I think the Public would have more satidfied if it was only 5 minutes long telling how and when he's going to put all his bankster buddies in jail. But then all the folk in the chamber won't be applauding and cheering then.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

That was funny thanks for laugh

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sodakota
I didn't watch it... Does that make me a bad person?

I haven't watched him since I found out about the teleprompter.

In that case, I'm guessing you never watched Bush's speeches...Ever.

I don't blame you. Watching that guy try to speak was more devastating than watching the WTC fall down.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I said it last time Obama gave a speech and I'll say it again; I've never seen as much self-congratulatory, pro-state, arse slapping in all my life.

Honestly, if an event like this happened in any other nation, the government would be slammed for pushing propoganda and attempting to indoctrinate with nothing but patriotic rhetoric. It's like something you'd see in a propoganda movie.

The level of propoganda and indoctrination is just insane, but alot of you have grown up with it and don't even recognise it's out and out propoganda. On par with the sort of stuff you'd see in old Soviet Russia.

It's crazy as hell. Not to mention half of what he said was nonsense. More saber rattling at Iran. Most importantly for me, I learned Obama supports violent revolt! He supports the revolution in Tunisia, just as he supported the protests in Iran. Despite both being bloody and violent. So it's practically confirmed now, Obama loves violent protest and we're morally justified in getting high and tearing sh/t up! Or, actually, we're not. Because violent protest is only good if the people do it in some enemy state.

Disgust at Obama and the American establishment. Disgust at anyone who watched that speech and felt any sort of pride in your state.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I thought it was brilliant, and the delivery was flawless.

His genuineness in his desire to help the country is there for anyone who opens their eyes to see.

Easily brainwashed much?

It was about as genuine as plastic fruit

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Originally posted by sodakota
I didn't watch it... Does that make me a bad person?

I haven't watched him since I found out about the teleprompter.

In that case, I'm guessing you never watched Bush's speeches...Ever.

I don't blame you. Watching that guy try to speak was more devastating than watching the WTC fall down.

LEAVE GEORGE ALONE!!

I loved watching and listening to Bush, he was a real hoot. He couldn't put one sentance together without stuffing it up. He was so uncoordinated, it was like watching a Train Wreck, except this wreck was funny. George could even make people dieing of cancer see the funny side life.

And to make it even Funnier, the Public didn't just vote for him once, they voted for hime Twice!!!, this is funny stuff.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
I wonder if he'll be using anything from my own past vision for the future

Originally posted by NewAgeMan (posted back in November 2010)

Had I been POTUS instead of Cheney/Bush, this would have been my thinking:

INSTEAD of making a run at the throne of the earth ie: global geostrategic hegemony, by authorizing the muder of 3000 of my own constituents, in order to wage resource and domination wars as per the PNAC (with a soft c) recommendations, and sacrificing another million innocent souls in the process to a Satanic doctrine..

..I would have looked into the future of the 21st century and noted that the whole world was on the very cusp of entering the technological age, and on the basis that we had a severe CRISIS on our hands, in education and technological innovation, and were about to lose our competitive edge in an increasingly competitive global marketplace, I would have spent that TWO TRILLION dollars on all manner of infrastructure, including a REAL information superhighway in the form of terrabit bandwidth fiber optic cabling to every school and home in the country, as well as various Civil Infrastructure initiatives, including high speed and light commutor rail corridors between all the major urban centers, improving dramatically the speed of exchange of people and goods and services, as well as the continued joy of community living, or a MAJOR national upgrade in other words, on par with JFK's landing on the moon initiative.
Then we could have turnedd our attention to the Education System, recognizing that our HUMAN INTELLECTUAL CAPITAL development, is indeed our greatest national asset and latant potentiality, for securing a vital edge within the larger context of an emerging global civilization / global village.

In other words, I would have tried to discern and do the will of God, instead of Satan, simple as that.

I honestly think there might have been GIVEN the wrong blueprint for success by the wrong people, people like Cheney, Bush Sr. and their ilk. &/or whoever they take their marching orders from..

May there be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth...

If I'd added in a reorg of the departments of government, and deficit reduction, without forsaking innovation, then there it is!

It's common sense of course, and only reasonable, as the demands of a new age..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join