It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STATE of the UNION Address, 1-25-2011

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE
Does everybody hate Obama....I'm not to political, but I am all for the sh!t he is addressing.... Eduction, free energy, stoping big oil companies, improving technology, rebuilding america....whats so wrong???

Nothing.....

Except the "Free energy" deal you got wrong.

But all of those who have been slamming the US day in and day out are out in force.

Nothing new they attacked Bush just as hard.

Get used to it.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Does everybody hate Obama....I'm not to political, but I am all for the sh!t he is addressing.... Eduction, free energy, stoping big oil companies, improving technology, rebuilding america....whats so wrong???

Nothing.....

But all of those who have been slamming the US day in and day out are out in force.

Get used to it.

Slayer, you know I loves ya, but I for one am not attacking the US.. its calling out the president who talks sweet but delivers little. This country and our people deserve more than empty promises and BS.. specifically in the middle of an economic crisis. I for one am sick of nice speeches.. Id like to see some action.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I don't know whether I should feel sorry for the average American or smack one for allowing his/her country to reach this point by voting these idiots in to power.

I mean, come on, if your leaders are not up to question time every time they rant another of their speeches, something is horribly wrong!

Perhaps next time round the Americans might support an unlikely independant and hound them all the way up to filling out your ballots on election day.

There is no difference between a repubican and a democrat. Got it?

V for the Americans!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Couple of nice snippets:

Mr. Obama called for:

(i) Cutting corporate taxes

(ii) Spreading high-speed Internet to all corners of the nation

(iii) Boosting spending on research, technology, and education

IN an effort to keep the US ahead of China, Europe, and other economic competitors.

We measure progress by the success of our people. By the jobs they can find and the quality of life those jobs offer,” said Obama.

What America does better than any other nation is to spark the creativity and imagination of its people.

The US is the nation that put cars in the world’s driveways and computers on the world’s desks; it’s the nation of Edison and the Wright Brothers and Google and Facebook.

“Innovation doesn’t just change our lives. It’s how we make a living,”

edit on 26-1-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Complete Transcript accessed....

here --> Transcript: Obama's State Of The Union Address

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15
Couple of nice snippets:

Mr. Obama called for:

(i) Cutting corporate taxes

(ii) Spreading high-speed Internet to all corners of the nation

(iii) Boosting spending on research, technology, and education

IN an effort to keep the US ahead of China, Europe, and other economic competitors.

]

And it all sounded great to me too. Why hasnt it been done in the period of time that he has had the power to manipulate things? Even his supporters have to admit, we are kind of used to him claiming he will do something and never following through. He has plenty of time to cut all of this crazy spending or slow it down to get the ball rolling on the above things by now. I guess my gripe is that we have heard all of the promises before.. why is now any different? Its been failed move after failed move.... bank bail outs, stimulus checks, and BS so far. How can he possibly make all of these promises with having put nothing in order to accomplish them so far and spent us into a position where we cant do it all? Its no great secret our education system is a joke.. a global joke. Why no action concerning this and then claiming we will be in any position to compete globally? College simply does no good when youre churning out illiterates with a diploma.

Hey, I will put a big fat I love Obama sticker on my car.. and I HATE bumper stickers.. if he pulls off half of what he claims he will. I pray the guy makes good on the promises.. Id love to see a turn for the better in the country. Im just not ready to join the lovefest until I see some action in a positive direction for my country.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Are you serious? This is the same bulls*t other world leaders ranted and raved about in their speeches 10 years ago.

Obama really needs to get with the times. Even fast broadband was part of our PM's speech 5 years ago and again 2 years ago.

Has'nt Obama got anything original in his armour? Perhaps what he CAN do is stop foreign money lenders from looting your country so you can have some money for some real projects. Problem is, it's too late for that now. Money gone.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Are you serious? This is the same bulls*t other world leaders ranted and raved about in their speeches 10 years ago.

Obama really needs to get with the times. Even fast broadband was part of our PM's speech 5 years ago and again 2 years ago.

Has'nt Obama got anything original in his armour? Perhaps what he CAN do is stop foreign money lenders from looting your country so you can have some money for some real projects. Problem is, it's too late for that now. Money gone.

Hmm read my post again Blue.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

ahhhh, let me get my glasses on this time LOL

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

ahhhh, let me get my glasses on this time LOL

No harm, no foul...ya goofball.

Im waiting for the part of things where there is some real action and not pretty words. Im also dead serious, I will happily eat humble pie and ask for seconds if he follows through... I will youtube it and share it here on ATS even.
All I want is something actually done to get us out of this hole and pave the way for future improvements.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The SOTU did have a few laughs here and there but it was nowhere near as funny as the GOP response. How long has this kid been in politics two days? But I would like to see his thoughts on education come true because the cost of sending a kid through collage now is just outrageous.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The state of the union address...what a joke.

Nothing but a bunch of well dressed skeletons and trust fund babies sitting around pretending to give a damn, pretending to have a plan to fix this disaster they have created, pretending as if the whole thing isnt a make believe farce of stupidity and greed.

They all chuckle at Obamas jokes and they stand and applaud vigorously and pat each other on the back for doing such a swell bang up job.

It is painfully obvious that this is all for show. It is also painfully obvious that these people are completely out of touch with the daily struggles of the American people.

One day we will all sit and wonder how we as voters managed to pass over the best and the brightest of our society in order to elect a bunch of millionaire corporatists and career politicians who couldn't possibly have our best interest further from their mind.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
He has plenty of time to cut all of this crazy spending or slow it down to get the ball rolling on the above things by now. I guess my gripe is that we have heard all of the promises before.. why is now any different? Its been failed move after failed move.... bank bail outs, stimulus checks, and BS so far.

"Spending" has become a straw man with no real meaning. Most people agree that without bail out and stimulus we were facing a much, much larger probability of just stalling and diving into a very real depression. There is a huge gap in logic (and sometimes a sign of hypocrisy) that people bash Obama for not doing enough for economy and then in the same breath bash him for intervention and stimulus. Pick one.

SOTU is dead on arrival with the current Congress in power. How can you get moving on any of these initiatives when it will be branded "more spending and more government" by the Repubs? I mean, if you look at any success story in public infrastructure, there is a great deal of governance and public finance ans guarantees involved, this applies to any country including the US in the past. How did China manage to built more high speed rail in 1 year than the Unites States in 30? No seriously? Answer -- by not doing things the Republican way.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
reply to post by buddhasystem

He couldn't do much with a packed full of liberals congress.

He could have followed the suggestion of Warren Buffet and tax the top 1%, for example.

Don't you think?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Tax cuts for corporations???
Catering to your overlords are we??

The google and facebook line made me wonder if I heard that right.

I think its obvious the internet is a big priority.
Cough cough (Assange) cough cough.

Now...read between the lines and ask if you have been properly represented and whose interests he has in mind??

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

I'm sorry I have to agree but I really watch with excitement hoping that the teleprompter has a malfunction and he is left up there holding his peeper. That way people can really hear him speak his mind.

I bet he would sit there and wait for the prompter to come back up to avoid the risk of looking like a donkey.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

He knows that america cannot be the same again, if they want this nwo, the usa will have to share he world not steal everything like it has done in past.

By the way america is the same as the whole of europe, and europe is just as inventive and as much leaders as usa has been.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Nothing.....

Get used to it.

Slayer, you know I loves ya, but I for one am not attacking the US.. its calling out the president who talks sweet but delivers little. This country and our people deserve more than empty promises and BS.. specifically in the middle of an economic crisis. I for one am sick of nice speeches.. Id like to see some action.

Everyone would like to see some action but it's kind of hard to get things done when one of our political parties has a just say no attitude. All politicians need to start working for whats best for all the country not just a small part of the country.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
OBAMA LEARNED FROM GEORGE BUSH THAT AS A REPUBLICAN STAYED 8 YEARS IN POWER FOR THE GOOD OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Translation of speach : B.O.H.I.C.A... People need a shovel to listen to the rubbish obama spouts..

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join