It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STATE of the UNION Address, 1-25-2011

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Thanks to all who enjoyed my blow by blow. I am sorry I missed the ending, but it wa sliterally more pro am rhetoric and propaganda.

All in all this was the same old shanizzle as usual.

Very good, cute, and thanks

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
#1 for the person who claims he spoke of FREE energy.. unplug your ears. He mentioned so-called CLEAN energy. And believe me, there is nothing free about it. I swear.. LISTEN.. DIGEST.. UNDERSTAND..

#2 didnt Nancy look like she was about to have an orgasm? At least we didnt have to look at her the entire time hopping up and down like a psycho jack-in-the-box with that demonic grin . SHe scares me.

#3 Is John B constipated or what? Biden is definitely on ecstasy.. he WAS rollin wasnt he. LMAO!

#4 at least he was truthful between the lines about expanding government, spending us into oblivion, and expecting us all to be okay with keeping unconstitutional policies while packaging it as reform. He was wrong thinking that anyone with a working brain buys into the chicken in every pot speech though. Job creation? Laughable.

I could go on and on.. the bottom line is that no one seems to really understand what a "state of the union" is. its not a political rally campaign speech as this was. Bush sr nor jr ever gave one either. Clinton got pretty close.
It means a discussion about the state or condition of the union or our country currently. A kind of accounting of whats been going on and outlining the good, bad and what the plans are. If I wanted to hear a campaign speech brought to me by a teleprompter with no meat and not to hear one damned thing about the true state of our union/country.. Id watch a youtube of his campaign lies.

Stop believing this BS.. Just because it makes you feel good doesnt mean it IS good. He didnt tell you how much all of these "job creators" would cost us did he? He might want to turn us into Europe... Im not so pro on that idea.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Oh yeah.. and how dare that jerk joke about the TSA pat downs..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Wow, thanks hotbakedtater, for the minute to minute of the 2011 SOU address.

What an awesome read! I loved all the cute comments too. Very entertaining.

But I am REALLY glad I didn't watch it now.

edit on 1/25/2011 by sodakota because: duh

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sodakota

Be glad you didnt. Have you ever seen that kid show Barney the dinosaur.. that big purple thing? Know how he talks about giving and sharing and being a good person... then sells overpriced crap toys and mind controls toddlers?? Same thing.. only with a guy in a suit and not purple. Or a dinosaur.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I felt like I was wasting my time too!

My friends and I had a great time watching about 15 mins of the speech, near mid-point. I saw the speech had been leaked, so I looked it up, and then read it.... synchronized to B.O... live! Funny accents, evil laughs, etc

My friends rolled laughing, and a great time was had by all

Aahhh, the freedom of the persuit of happiness!!!

edit on 25-1-2011 by masterofnone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'm listening now to the full speech....so far it's pretty darn flaky.

The USA can't no longer compete with the big dragon of China; that ship sailed already.

For the USA to reinvent themselves, this will take time and a whole lot of money. The coffers are empty and the national deficit goes in to many trillions of dollars (growing hundreds of millions every second) so where is the money coming from?

America has'nt fallen to 9th in the world for education but last time I looked some weeks ago it's 14th in the world. More and more foreigners are seeking university spots in the USA because other nations like Australia and Asia have rised their standards for applicants.

Australia is so way ahead of the USA in Math, Physics, Engineering.

USA pumping out the highest graduates in the world? Good luck with that....China, South Korea, Sinapore, Finland and Australia are years ahead.

America's infrastructure got a D.

The food is not safe to eat, the water is not safe to drink and the air is not safe to breathe. Someone forgot to tell Obama that!

The worst of the American recession is over? It's only just begun!!!!

Making the rich give up their tax breaks in leu of scholarships for poorer kids - like thats going to happen!

Putting Govt expenditure online? Is that before or after they've cooked the books? Why can't the American Public question those expenditures?

Obama's comment on Iraq & Afghanistan....is it April Fool's Day? (even the military generals in the audiance did'nt look convienced). If Obama wants other nations to give up WMD, then so should the USA?.

Re the gay comment in the military; yep, noticed the military did'nt stand up amongst the standing ovation - and they were NOT smiling!

Obama's vision is always a good listen....but someone needs to ask him where on earth is all the money coming from?????????

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
lol apparently CNN.com has a poll and asked

How do you rate President Obama's State of the Union speech?

There are 4 options

Fair, Good,Bad and Didn't watch

Over 10125 57% Good
Didn't watch 26% 4581

Is it me or are the workers at CNN clicking there own website CNN Online Poll?

I think such poll questions don't reflect the entire nation.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

How, did the president go from 40% approval to 55% overnight. That has NEVER happened ever!

We are living during the propagandist revival.

HOW?

Hell, they are telling us now that Pelosi's approval has gone up?

I think they are doing this to keep the revolution from happening. They are keeping us from just kicking them all out. IMO.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Oh there were plenty of DINOSAURS present, rofl!!!

Originally posted by Advantage

Be glad you didnt. Have you ever seen that kid show Barney the dinosaur.. that big purple thing? Know how he talks about giving and sharing and being a good person... then sells overpriced crap toys and mind controls toddlers?? Same thing.. only with a guy in a suit and not purple. Or a dinosaur.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Glad I could be of some service to folks, but like others said, I agree, more campaign speechy/pro American rhetoric.

What I noticed, and jumped out at me was an undercurrent of Korea/internet. Maybe something maybe nothing.

Wow, thanks hotbakedtater, for the minute to minute of the 2011 SOU address.

What an awesome read! I loved all the cute comments too. Very entertaining.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Oh there were plenty of DINOSAURS present, rofl!!!

I definitely stand corrected.. I forgot about the botox queen for a second too. Forgive me.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Full transcript at above link, also video as well of tonights SOTU.

I wish we had a larger edit window I would add this to the OP, but here it is anyway.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

If we could only just Harness All that Hot Air coming out of Washington , we Could FUEL Da World Ma !

My American Dream for My Future,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Ever since Reagan discovered the rhetorical trick, state of the union addresses have followed the same predictable pattern: Oscillation between broad generalities on the one hand, and ridiculously specific (and ultimately meaningless) anecdotes on the other ("...All over this nation, everyday people are stugglin'. People like Mr. Joe Schmoe, who runs a little hat shop in Kalamazoo. I got a letter from Joe the other day, and he told me...").

Always missing -- of course -- are any real specifics on the nuts and bolts of digging our way out of the mess du jour.

There is also something anachronistic and almost quaint about the idea of a speech telling you anything new in this age of infotech marvels such as the Twittertubes and Infrablogs and Fazzlebook pages.

Another noteworthy point: He didn't say "The state of the Union is stronngggg," as was always de rigour in previous addresses. I don't know whether to feel relieved that this particular bit of fluff has finally been put to sleep, or worried because things have reached a point where such a statement has become a bad joke...

edit on 1/25/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I shamefully admit when a younger person I was baffled and hooked in by Reagan's speeches.. youre right you know.

Id like to hear a REAL state of the union or a truthful state of affairs for the country for once. If we knew the truth.. regardless of how bad it is.. we could adjust and try to overcome it as a nation. I HATE being kept in the dark by my own damned government. Yeah yeah, I know thats business as usual but Im sick of it.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Obama knows the USA can not compete with China and is looking for new inventions - except China will get their mits on that too and copy it at a third of the price.

Obama, in my opinion, sounded like he was grabbing at straws and at a lose at what to do really. He's allowed foreign bank lenders to loot all of America's money and now they're coming after your loose change.

I don't know what will save America now.....make more Maccas and sell GMO seeds to Africa?

I stunned your President does'nt allow question time immediately after the speech by journalists!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

I stunned your President does'nt allow question time immediately after the speech by journalists!

Well, thats because he is an arrogant ass.. not politically suicidal.
He cant control us all just yet.. he'd be slammed with a few questions about this "speech" he can not answer without sounding like a big fat liar.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Someone should sue the gov't for false advertising because the actual state of the union is not even discussed.

edit on 26-1-2011 by TexasChem because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join