It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STATE of the UNION Address, 1-25-2011

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

Wow you guys in here are ridiculous! i almost never post on this site but this is just too much, most of you are anti-who-ever-the-hell-happens-to-be-in-power, it could be jesus or mohammed and you would still cut him down at every opportunity...

It was a good state of the union, Obama did a very good job, you guys are the ones who are brain washed to believe that no matter who it is as long as they are in power they are bad, will you ever be satisfied with anything?

Everyone uses a teleprompter, Bush didnt and he sounded half retarded all the time, this is insane, you wont even listen to what he has to say because he uses a teleprompter and didnt write his speech? so why listen to anyone, who writes their own speaches? They have a general message they want to get out but its always written by a speach writer, thats how it works!

It makes me physiclly ill to read all this dismissive cynical tripe spewed on here with no regard to reality

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I thought it was brilliant, and the delivery was flawless.

His genuineness in his desire to help the country is there for anyone who opens their eyes to see.

Easily brainwashed much?

It was about as genuine as plastic fruit

Actually, no I'm not. You? Your hangover has certainly blessed you with an elegant way of speaking.

I read your post above. You are one of the ones I was referring to. You took every genuine thing he said, and twisted it,and reversed it to meet your own notions. You can see your own words here. I wonder if,in a year, you will be proud of them.

tsk tsk. Sad. He's doing everything he can do to reunite the country, but some people, won't have it. I wish you would take some time to read skepticoverlords thread on the link I posted above.
You might gain some insights -- or not. It's worth a try.

We are in for many more hardships ahead. Some people, I think, are trying to do better, in understanding a joining must be achieved, or we will have an even rougher path.

Right now, Barack Obama is President of the United States.

We have to try. I am. Are you?
edit on 1/26/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: Repair tags.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BDIZZLE356

lol. Yes, well. Nobody can criticize a Harvard graduate better than a high school student, right?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Just pretty much tell 'em everything you think they want to hear, even Obama can't ignore the looming debt crisis, it stands as an impetus to his dream of bigger government. He still actually thinks government is the solution to all our problems. Won't be long before this whole mess comes tumbling down and lands squarely in "third world status land". Heck we already have an upsurge in TB and a lice epidemic in parts of the nation.

I thought Rand Paul gave a pretty sensible response to the address:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

If they were allowed to get into power, we have to assume we know who they are really working for, and this is not the voters.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Cleary Obama has folded like a cheap camera to the republican philosophy of tax reductions for the rich and destruction and serfdom for the middle and lower class.

He has done this for one reason . . . to get re-elected in 2012.

He concedes to the propaganda that all we need to do is cut government spending and taxes and everything will be fine even though this supply side methodology has never worked in the past and will again only provide succor for the wealthy and continuing poverty for the declining middle class.

Obama talks glibly about job creation but makes no mention of where all the jobs he claims that will be created, will come from in light of the continuation of the outsourcing of American jobs and the trade policy that favors corporate profits over American jobs. Indeed, Obama is lying to the American people in that there will be a continuing decline in good employment opportunities in America simply because the jobs ARE NO LONGER THERE.

This will soon become apparent as this recession will grow worse because the country is being deceived to believe the republican nonsense that everything will be great after we cut spending and cut taxes for rich people.

This propaganda of austerity is a republican lie and exists to cover up the scandal that the American employment picture is dire and can’t resurrect because of the corporate stranglehold they have on the government that gives us things like NAFTA, and refuse to reign in the globalist corporations that have gutted the American economic machine.

The scam that is running on the American people is clear and simple.

They are telling us to expect austerity with massive budget cuts in state and federal governments along with the idea of cutting taxes for the rich in order so they can create jobs. That won’t work because the economy can’t expand because there is no demand; and there is no demand because people don’t have the money to raise the demand because they no longer either have jobs or are afraid to lose the jobs they have therefore they won’t spend. A vicious cycle that won’t be cured by more austerity.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bigrex

Right cuz they werent voted in..... rrrrriiiiiigggghhhhttt, how can a president who won overwhelmingly not be supported by the voters? he was voted in!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BDIZZLE356
reply to post by General.Lee

Wow you guys in here are ridiculous! i almost never post on this site but this is just too much, most of you are anti-who-ever-the-hell-happens-to-be-in-power, it could be jesus or mohammed and you would still cut him down at every opportunity...

It was a good state of the union, Obama did a very good job, you guys are the ones who are brain washed to believe that no matter who it is as long as they are in power they are bad, will you ever be satisfied with anything?

Everyone uses a teleprompter, Bush didnt and he sounded half retarded all the time, this is insane, you wont even listen to what he has to say because he uses a teleprompter and didnt write his speech? so why listen to anyone, who writes their own speaches? They have a general message they want to get out but its always written by a speach writer, thats how it works!

It makes me physiclly ill to read all this dismissive cynical tripe spewed on here with no regard to reality

True, but there is good reason
Everybody says, it doesn't whether you vote for the red or blue team, there all the same. That is also True.

It also doesn't matter if it's OZ, UK or US the red and blue teams in all these countries are also the same. The best solution is to not vote Red or Blue, but anybody else. Even better to Ban Team Voting altogether, that is the only way to ensure their no collusion / threats / bribes when Passing Laws. They should also ban Corporate Donations.

As these are Democracies, you can only vote for a Red or Blue Team, and you don't even get to Pick who the leader of the Pack is, it's already been chosen for you. And as Jesse Ventura said once, the only difference between a Democracy and a Dictatorship is a Democracy has one more party.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

He may have been voted in, but if he doesn't do enough of what the powers that be say, or stay out of their way, he ends up dead. The office of the President of the United States has been reduced to a public relations job with the American people to give the new world order a snow job to hide behind. Obama's reduced to shining shoes on the Titanic or else he gets chucked overboard. Nothing is going to change for the better and the waves will begin washing us under.
edit on 26-1-2011 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Actually, no I'm not. You? Your hangover has certainly blessed you with an elegant way of speaking.

I read your post above. You are one of the ones I was referring to. You took every genuine thing he said, and twisted it,and reversed it to meet your own notions. You can see your own words here. I wonder if,in a year, you will be proud of them.

tsk tsk. Sad. He's doing everything he can do to reunite the country, but some people, won't have it. I wish you would take some time to read skepticoverlords thread on the link I posted above.
You might gain some insights -- or not. It's worth a try.

We are in for many more hardships ahead. Some people, I think, are trying to do better, in understanding a joining must be achieved, or we will have an even rougher path.

Right now, Barack Obama is President of the United States.

We have to try. I am. Are you?

What have I taken and twisten. The only part of the statement I commented on was his support for violent revolt in Tunisia. How is that twisting anything? It's a statement of fact. Obama supports violent protest and revolt in enemy states, but slams it in his own country.

I don't need to gain any insight. I follow politics, not the MSM and propoganda of government. You seem unable to grasp the concept of deceit.

The Union adress was nothing but 'Yay-America' arse-slapping state propoganda. You're so indoctrinated into this false sense of patriosm that you can't even see it. There isn't a nation in the world that matches America for propoganda, this adress confirms it. It's North Korea style state propoganda.

Obama said absolutely nothing of merit. Nothing. We must pull together? Basically you must smile and wave and be a good little imbecile while the government sexually molests you.

The whole address was Fox News propoganda. I thought I was watching a tanned Glen Beck.

And I'm British. Why would I try to pull together with a nation that practices imperialism and the mongering of war. I'd sooner kill myself than aid the American government in their terrorist ways.
edit on 26-1-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Originally posted by sodakota
I didn't watch it... Does that make me a bad person?

I haven't watched him since I found out about the teleprompter.

In that case, I'm guessing you never watched Bush's speeches...Ever.

I don't blame you. Watching that guy try to speak was more devastating than watching the WTC fall down.

LEAVE GEORGE ALONE!!

I loved watching and listening to Bush, he was a real hoot. He couldn't put one sentance together without stuffing it up. He was so uncoordinated, it was like watching a Train Wreck, except this wreck was funny. George could even make people dieing of cancer see the funny side life.

And to make it even Funnier, the Public didn't just vote for him once, they voted for hime Twice!!!, this is funny stuff

Bush was a great speaker. He pretended to be an idiot to win votes from the common idiot. And it worked.

Anyone who seriously believes he was a stumbling buffoon needs to research him a little more. It was all an act.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Watching American politics is like watching a TV show or a movie. It's not real in the slightest. You can see how coordinated and false it is from a while away.

I'm surprised the rest of the politician scum didn't break out with the USA! USA! chants. It was that bad

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I don't blame you. Watching that guy try to speak was more devastating than watching the WTC fall down.

LEAVE GEORGE ALONE!!

I loved watching and listening to Bush, he was a real hoot. He couldn't put one sentance together without stuffing it up. He was so uncoordinated, it was like watching a Train Wreck, except this wreck was funny. George could even make people dieing of cancer see the funny side life.

And to make it even Funnier, the Public didn't just vote for him once, they voted for hime Twice!!!, this is funny stuff

Bush was a great speaker. He pretended to be an idiot to win votes from the common idiot. And it worked.

Anyone who seriously believes he was a stumbling buffoon needs to research him a little more. It was all an act.

Well, in that case....

He should have been nominated for an Oscar then, because that was damn good acting.
Best Comedy Actor for a Supporting Role in a Drama or Mini Series

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Watching American politics is like watching a TV show or a movie. It's not real in the slightest. You can see how coordinated and false it is from a while away.

I'm surprised the rest of the politician scum didn't break out with the USA! USA! chants. It was that bad

Just wondering if all those living in Tent Cities around the USA will be Saluting the Tent / Flag whatever and chanting USA USA yeah USA

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by marker3221

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by Vortiki

Anyway this was a speech. Reminded me of another speech. A famous guy said once...."it puts the lotion on its skin of else it gets the hose again".

So, Obama's State of The Union speech reminded you of a fictional serial killer?

Strange.....
edit on 26-1-2011 by marker3221 because: (no reason given)

That is odd. Barry's SOTU speech reminded me of a nonfiction serial killer.

Strange.....

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

LEAVE GEORGE ALONE!!

Well, in that case....

He should have been nominated for an Oscar then, because that was damn good acting.

Edit - misread

But yes, was good acting. But have a look into the mans history, he was brilliantly articulate. Then one day decides to become a moron.

All part of the 'regular guy' charade

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

LEAVE GEORGE ALONE!!

Well, in that case....

Edit - misread

But yes, was good acting. But have a look into the mans history, he was brilliantly articulate. Then one day decides to become a moron.

All part of the 'regular guy' charade

I must of been side tracked when early in his career he was reading "My Pet Goat" upside down on 9th Sept 2001, and this was before he was told about the event.

He mustafa done this just to throw people off the scent of being a Inside Job. Worked a treat, nobody suspected a thing.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Bravo!

I'm always stunned at how many here buy this crap. Fans of both sides parrot the nonsensical BS talking points without the slightest thought to what they are saying / repeating. Many of the politician's statements are so absurd it would be funny were they not such a vicious insult to our intelligence.

Watching American politics is like watching a TV show or a movie, I just can't tell if it is a sitcom or horror.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If Obama was persuade the big bankers who control the Fed and other economic powers to invest heavily in American infrastructure through P3's (public private partnerships), while forging a new global economic multi-lateral alliance, all on the basis that the US is still by far the engine driving the emerging global economy and that it is therefore in EVERYONE's best interest to have a growing US economy, while at the same time making good on his promise to re-structure and streamline the US government and enact education reform and illegal immigration, then that would be quite the accomplishment. Also, given that the US is unlikely to have to wage an all out war against any one nation state, while of course retaining its military supremecy as a deterrent, why could he not slash the budget for military spending by a quarter or even half in the interest of facilitating a forced transformation of the US military into an elite precision strike force employing high technology (as opposed to conventional warfare, now a thing of the past, or soon). He could then, in a second term, "win the future" for the American people, regardless of whether some people dislike him or not.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE
Does everybody hate Obama....I'm not to political, but I am all for the sh!t he is addressing.... Eduction, free energy, stoping big oil companies, improving technology, rebuilding America....whats so wrong???

I don't. Obama said when he took office he would systematically and methodically study and address each subject after the study was complete. There would not be any "from the gut" decisions.

As I see it - - that is exactly what he has done.

And if you pull up the REAL facts of what he has accomplished - - its quite a lot.

Is it perfect? NO - but name anyone who could claim that.

And he was handed a huge mess.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join