It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We Need to Vibrate at a Higher Frequency." A meaningless statement?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by VirtualParadise

I felt someone should respond to your assumptive, judgmental pre-conditioned thinking.

It is not anyone’s contention that spirituality or an aspiration towards the esoteric or metaphysical is somehow not a worthwhile pursuit or calling. In fact the reality may be quite the opposite. The problem is that much ‘bandied’ about words or phrases become meaningless unless there is complete clarification at the outset. Too many quasi-spiritualists and so called ‘seekers' use these terms as if the words themselves have some intrinsic value and lend authority to their user. The true spiritual teacher will use words carefully and define the context in which they are being used. I have a little insight into what might be termed ‘spirituality’ or ‘whatever’, but I cannot use that term as if anyone knows what I mean. It is too vague. My idea of spirituality may not be yours and vice versa. So the truth is that these terms do become nonsensical and ‘hippy dippy’ when thrown about or used in a casual manner or indeed as if the user had anything really useful to impart.

edit on 25-1-2011 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Jeez a lot of naive responses posted in here. It is alright to be skeptical, but to be so outright dismissive you're only hurting yourself.
The 7 Hermetic Principles are:
Mentalism
Correspondence
Vibration
Polarity
Rhythm
Cause & Effect
of which the first 3 are the most important to understand. If you spend the time researching these principles and come to realize they are true, a statement like "vibrate at a higher frequency" will make a whole lot more sense. The skepticism you have is because "vibrating at a higher frequency" doesn't fit into the paradigm you have how/what the universe/reality is. So you're striking down an idea because it doesn't fit into your beliefs when it should really be your beliefs you are reconsidering. Even if you can not grasp the Hermetic Principles, science has shown that everything vibrates so de facto it is possible to vibrate at a higher/lower rate

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
In my early years 70s and 80s, as a young man seeking wisdom and Spirituality, I would constantly hear the words, "Find your Center". Well what on earth did that mean? I would close my eyes, I would do breathing and still there wasn't a "Center" of my own. It really was frustrating because I felt I was missing out on some grand thing.

"Find your Center" LOL I still crack up when I hear those words.

The thing is, as long as we are on this planet with our feet on the ground and our minds open then we are already "Centered". It was silly that it took me years of studying and years of wacko's to finally realize we are all already "Centered".

The realization of this was like a weight off my shoulders, and then I was able to begin to open to my own Path and not some moron's who wanted something that I didn't have, Money!

I see this vibrational thing the same way. I also see Ascension and anything similar to a "Harvest" as nothing more than someone "feeding" off of us. We are exactly where we are suppose to be at any given time, exactly, we can choose to be anywhere and be anything, we just have to realize that right now is where we are and that is simply because we are suppose to be here. So we must cut out the fantasies and cut out the "role playing", the pretend worlds of escapism, and just live for the moment for all it is worth.

It isn't too hard to figure out whether or not something in your life does not feel good. If it feels bad it is bad, for you, and if it feels good than it is good; just as long as neither of these negatively effects another.

(let me plug this in there since I feel like a Rant) World of WarCraft people, if you cannot cope with being in this reality then you might consider Vibrating to a Higher Frequency! LOL, in other words this is the Real World it is time to wake-up and get over this mindlessness! Time is too short to be lost in a Computer Game. (there, I feel better!)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

WOW!! First off the responses here are scarey!!! We are PURE energy! This is a FACT. I actually photograph that energy and have factual living proof that some people vibrate higher than others. Now that does not mean that the person vibrating at a lower level is less than. We are all exactly where we are supposed to be in our vibrational frequency. I will say this.....the reason for Earth needing to raise "her" vibratory level is so she can make t through the 2012 transition.....and not be left behind. You see Earth is a living organism. And she is the only living element here with us humans today, that really didn't have a choice through intent. In order for her to make it through this window of opportunity her vibratory level needed to raise. And since her vibratory level is reliant on humans vibratory level. I'm certain your radio guy was referring to humans becoming more enlightened. See there had to be enough humans reaching enlightenment in order for Earth to be pulled through. And since she didn't have a choice......this is why people have been all about SAVE THE EARTH over last generation. Most didn't even know why they were saying and rallying for this. It was instinctual at a sub-conscience level. Along with your vibration comes color and shape. But a subject for another time.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

I came across this spiritual philosophy when studying quantum mechanics. The hermetic principles really seem to be backed up by modern science. There is actually scientific evidence to support these frequency claims. Here is a documentary that explains it pretty good.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by crystalbeing

Well thanks for giving me your first post...and the link...I think.

Perhaps as it is your first post, it was intended for the OP really.

Anyway, I have only commented on how terms and phrases are used as if they mean the same thing to everyone without first establishing some common ground. I have not stated my own beliefs, or non-beliefs about anything. Or even if I have any beliefs at all. Oh and lest I forget...welcome to ATS.
I will watch the video later.

Regards Midicon.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I asked the same question in a slightly more open way in a thread earlier.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I still think, even though it's based on Hermetic principles, that it's more of a catchphrase for wannabe "enlightened ones".

It's very similar to when crappy managers use the term "cloud computing". They don't know what it means, but they know they've heard it a lot.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by midicon

No offence intended but that statement is a fine example of the OP's premise.

No offence intended but trying to explain what astral projection feels like to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to verbally describe a susnset to someone that has never witnessed one.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
"We Need to Vibrate at a Higher Frequency." That is what she said.

I never understood these kinds of arguments. There is nothing that can change on a macro-cosmic scale because a few new-agers try to "change their vibration"... This is all a way to describe positive intention, which only effects the individual and those directly in contact with the said individual.My $.02.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Here's an amazing video on the effect of sound on salt.

Yes everything is frequency and vibration. How many times have you gotten away from someone because they have a bad "vibe"? How many times have you met someone with a good "vibe". Is the good vibe higher in frequency? Is the bad vibe lower?

who knows?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

I have no idea why you felt the need to post that analogy.
Do you really think I needed to hear that?
However since you have taken the time to quote me, I will reply.
Although I do fear for my sanity

I will assume for the moment you have at least half a brain
Preferably the left half…Let me quote…myself

“The spiritual monologue that spiritual teachers recite has to be interrupted at the first deviation from the practical and applicable. Clarification has to be established at the outset otherwise we are merely somnambulistic listeners using vague terms to reinforce an already flawed spiritual mindset.”

Seems simple enough to me

And please if only for the sake of common decency
Don’t bring up astral projection.

Regards Midicon.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
There's plenty of truth to this statement. When I began meditating, heavily, I immediately felt the urge to stop doing drugs and smoking cigarettes. I also removed a roommate and his parasitic friends from my life... they got quite heated about that, but I told them to f*ck off and couldn't care less. Their emotions and drama had no effect on me, I was immune. The inner peace was great. That was heavy meditation, though...

Truth is, on a larger scale... OUR vibration is raising constantly. The Earth itself is raising in vibration, taking everything with it. Plently of people are awakening to higher levels of consciousness and yada yada yada. Some people like to hype it up, but that can create major conflicts and insecurity within people who aren't 'feeling' it. To that, I just say be yourself and do what you enjoy. The act of bliss is a good start.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

Word Mayabong. Things are getting crazier everyday.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

That could also explain the ice caps melting. When things vibrate faster, they get hotter. Simple enough.

I'm all for it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
as hawkiye, polarwarrior, and a couple of others have pointed out these terms are legitimate

in their proper context.

borrowing scientific terms is legitimate as well, as long as it is clear that one is using an analogy.

midicon:

The spiritual monologue that spiritual teachers recite has to be interrupted at the first deviation from the practical and applicable. Clarification has to be established at the outset otherwise we are merely somnambulistic listeners using vague terms to reinforce an already flawed spiritual mindset.

well spoken!

or as Ophiel would put it "money supply/practical stuff first, twaddle talk later"

re vibrations the physical/material plane is the lowest frequency/vibration and the freq/vibe increases as one "moves up" the higher/inner planes [etheric,astral,mental,etc.]

that said i would like to point out that this "newage" thing is for the most part a half-assed mishmash or to to use the proper term a syncretism, basically it's just an occultism lite smorgasbord for the lazy.
to many folks want to develop psychic powers or LD or AP or whatever and ignore the rest, many of these only focus on an attainment/siddhi and are then frightened/confused when the rest of the Occult comes to visit, sorry but it is not like that at all, as i have pointed out to others once you get into one aspect of the Occult there is no going back, in brief "it's all connected".

so don't let the many charlatans/false prophets get your vibes down.

to paraphrase from Ruroni Kenshin: "Let us continue to walk together, on our own separate paths."

edit on 25-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional clarification

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I tend to agree, and yet...

the 5th dimension is a higher frequency than the 3rd (see platonic solids resonating in water), and gamma is a higher frequency than alpha or theta..

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3bbaf538616f.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is one more wonderful track imo, which I've found goes well immediately after doing one of the others, especially the Bach one, since it entrains to a Gamma wavelength, as a simulation of the Yogi Masters, and this higher frequency brainwave entrainment, is said to have phenomenal integrative properties, and it's what the Tibetan Yogis were recorded by EEG to be entraining to during their Metta Bhavana Meditation, which translates to "Loving Kindness".

Two things worthy of noting:

One) Tibetan Monks are known to have meditated between two slightly differently tuned bells, producing the binaural beat entrainment effect.
Two) The warmth experienced during this meditation perfectly simulates that experienced by the Tibetan Yogi Masters who are known to melt a circle of snow around themselves even when relatively scantily clad for the climate of the Himalayas.

Without further adeiu, here it is

Compassion Metta Bhavana

Introduction to lovingkindness meditation
The Metta Bhavana is a meditation for developing lovingkindness.

“Bhavana” means “cultivation” or “development,” and “Metta” is a word that means “love,” “friendliness,” or “lovingkindness.” So this is a meditation practice where we actively cultivate some very positive emotional states towards others, as well as to ourselves.

www.wildmind.org...

The Compassion soundtrack utilizes, at a subliminal level, the actual Metta Bhavana meditation, in English, which is as follows:

May I be well

May I be happy

May I be free from suffering

May my friends be well

May my friends be happy

May my friends be free from suffering

May those beings I do not personally know be well

May those beings I do not personally know be happy

May those beings I do not personally know be free from suffering

May those I thought to be enemies be well

May those I thought to be enemies be happy

May those I thought to be enemies be free from suffering

May all sentient beings everywhere be well

May all sentient beings everywhere be happy

May all sentient beings everywhere be free from suffering

I am kind

I am patient

I am loving

I am caring

I help others.

Brainwave Frequency Listing

Testimonials from ATS'ers

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
An update on my experience with these meditations!

I have been using both th bach and compassion for two days straight now and i must say ifeel fantastic, i reached a state of trance in notime at all and had a little look inside my mind, what i saw was phenomonal

I have just finished todays meditation and feel in a state of bliss, the worlds tones seem alot clearer to me now and i feel a deeper connection to alot more people

Thanks again guys
peace and love to you all xx

Originally posted by bonthan
Oh man just tried your Bach to the Future. Amazing work. I tried some commercial relaxing binaural audios and so far non of them achieve this level of relaxation. When the ocean waves hit I felt like I was floating. Great work to you and miss_silver.

Edit: I wonder if this is good for lucid dreaming.

Originally posted by seataka
In Tibet, monks would travel from monastery to monastery, to meditate in each monastery, sitting between the pair of bronze temple bells... Each bell was detuned from the other just slightly... a few Hz, to tens of Herz... add to that the overtones of the shapes of each monastery, add to that styles of humming from a room full of monks...

No two sets of temple bells were identical.. so monks would spends lifetimes traveling form monastery to monastery. Until the advent of Robert Monro's Binaural Beat Hemi-Sync tapes, one would have to travel from temple to temple throughout Tibet to experience what one can get out of a few dozen of Robert Monroe's tapes.

Robert Monroe was first to use the phrase OBE, Out of Body Experience in his 1966 book on the subject.
Link to the Monroe Institute (Which does not do any advertising of any kind)

I have been doing Monroe's tapes since 1992 and cannot recommend them highly enough... I'd suggest their "Gateway Series".. which also creates some defensive habits (using repetition and invocations) for safe travels).

I do not talk about my experiences as I now believe that telling you would make me thief - as I would be stealing from you some of the joy of discovery you will experience as you do The Gateway Series...

Unlike other belief systems and *ologys etc, who can only at best, rearrange the furniture in your mind, Robert Monroe's HemiSynce shows you where the door is.

In David Morehouse's book, Psychic Warrior, he describes the protocols used at the remote viewing project at Ft Meade (across the highway from NSA).. in it he refers to "Cool Down tapes" used before RV sessions. Those tapes came from the Monroe Institute

Originally posted by Destroyed
The power of the emotions I go through when I listen to this unbeliveable. Thank you oh so very much.

Originally posted by seataka
re Pineal gland or seat of the soul

Intruiging factoid
I read somewhere that the Pineal structure has rods and cones (Like your eyeball uses to see with) facing the interior which is filled with a semiconducting gel.

Originally posted by BazzeMan
Well, this one got me to finally sign up to ATS after lurking for a year or two. This track is wonderful!

I've been having trouble getting to sleep all my life but after listening to this beautiful peace of work I sleep like a baby. Last night i even had a lucid dream!

Thanks Thanks Thanks a lot to the people who created this!

Greetz from Holland.

Originally posted by nunya13
I have a serious problem getting my mind to shut up. I try not to force it. I try to focus on my breathing and it works for a little bit only to find myself talking things out in my head again and then I will go back to concentrating on my breathing. This pretty much goes on the entire time with nary a true moment of complete relaxation.

I guess I should include the times I do "meditate" while going to sleep by concentrating on my breathing and that actually helps me go to sleep alot better. Sometimes I just plain forget to even do that though.

Onto my experience with this track:

Downloaded it onto my MP3 player, got into the bathtub with a lighted candle and some lavender oil. Popped the phones into my ears. I love the beginning song. I can't explain the emotion it gives me. It's so beautiful.

I found the abrupt breaks between some of the tracks a bit jolting. I think I had too much going on with the candle light flikering and I put a little too much lavendar oil in the bathtub. I had to try not to concentrate on those things too much.

I did feel very relaxed. I had slight visions of what space looks like pouring into a blackhole. I found this to be relaxing as well. I still found myself having to get away from talking in my head and focus again on my breathing. There was a brief period that I noticed my breathing changed to being shallow and it was as if I could not control it (didn't feel like I wasn't breathing right though). I only did half an hour. I forgot that I should have done it for 15 then sat for 15. Instead I listened for half an hour and then I had to basically bring myself to even be able to pull the phones out of my ears. It seemed to take some effort, though not too much. The first time I opened my eyes they popped back closed but I forced them open because the water was getting cold and I need to GET OUT!

I felt very relaxed and calm for the rest of the night and it has carried over to today, for the most part. I'm a high strung person, meaning I get worked up, stressed out, and excited easily. But I've felt closer to "even-ness" today.

Some additional tip would be good and maybe, if there's any, some assurance that it's normal to have trouble quieting my brain?

Edit to add: Is it normal to hear those background sounds that I assumed were there to induce the different brain waves? Kinda sounds like a pulsating humming tone that slows down or speeds up sporadically (or seemingly sporadically)?

Originally posted by mandrake
Thank you so much! this is by far the most useful thread I've ever come across during all my time here.

I tried meditating while listening to this music and the result was amazing.

First - It took me minimal effort to achieve a state of meditation. Normally when I meditate without this music I concentrate on my breathing but I have problems because negative thoughts ad worries always distract me. But when listening to this music, it's as though all those thoughts and worries were all blocked out and left only a state of peace.

Second - I don't know if anyone has the same experience but while meditating with this music I seem to envision a bright white light in front of my eyes. Normally when I meditate I do have these bright lights but they were never as bright and brilliant as this and it was also associated with a sense of peace and relaxation.

That was my first time and I tried it for only 10 minutes
I'll try it again tonight for 30 minutes, it should be wonderful

Originally posted by truthbknown
reply to post by OmegaPoint

New member here so please excuse spelling, grammer etc!

I've been doing meditation for about two years now with and arey
of different music, sounds etc and I just finished the Compassion
Meditation. WOW!!

Here is what my experience was......first thing that happened was
my Amygdalas started clicking with out me thinking of doing it which
stimulated my frontal lobe region. This feeling went to the roof of my mouth and my upper row of teeth(no idea why I just said that)lol
Next my body temp. was really warm which hasen't happen before
in my meditations, and the thirty min. seemed like only fifteen min.

I also seemed to seperate the wave sounds from the binurial beats
which is new to me. Sh*t I hope I can sleep tonight

and last I had a vision of me atop a hill over looking a large town or city and at the other end of town was a mountain, but the top wasen't covered in snow it was covered in gold!!!

Well thats all I have for now, going to try to sleep, wish me luck!
and feel free to comment.

Love&Light

edit on 7-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: editing

So while I too hate certain "new agers" using this terminology for no reason than to parrot some hippy garlboldigook, at the same time, it might have a valid application, particularly given the recent findings that the whole of creation operates based on frequency, even chemical reactions are frequency vibrations, whereby the quantum movement of valence electrons from one sphere to the next follow a musical or sound frequency theory. So there is something to it..

edit on 25-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It is my understanding that higher frequency resonance is generative of both an increase in complexity in living organisms, as well as unitive experience in consciousness. So as much as I hate to admit it, having also detested the new age hippies saying "hey man, ya just have to you know VIBRATE at a higher frequency", I suspect that it's true to a degree, and that indeed we need to vibrate at a higher frequency whereby even our DNA begins to oscilate and dance to a new tune..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Still ,you really don't have the science as to what you speak. Raising your frequency is an easy way of getting across without a lot of heavy scientific explanation of explaining how to increase the spinning of the bands that surround ones body. For instance, when they are spinning extremely fast, a zero gravity field is created. Hence levitation. When they spin even faster than that, you disappear. Even faster, you shift into alternate realities. I don't care what school you have gone to, no one is teaching this, except one and I will not share that name with the unenlightened.

Our government understands all of this and uses this technology. If you don't think our government doesn't have this knowledge, think again. Currently, our gov't is too busy building underground bases to save their asses to care about what the likes of you or I think about this. If you can dream it, it can be done. I won't waste my time or energy trying to convince anyone to understand this. Your very survival depends on you understanding and learning the ability to raise one's frequency. Your harsh judgements tell me that you are still living in a polarity; not a singularity. I would be concerned if I were you.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TmTrvlr I don't care what school you have gone to, no one is teaching this, except one and I will not share that name with the unenlightened.

So you posses secret knowledge? Should we assume, therefore, that you are enlightened? Do enlightened people generally make a habit of posting messages on the Internet to inform the rest of us that we're not enlightened and therefore not worthy of knowing the name of the secret school where we could learn how to levitate and teleport?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelicdefender2012

WOW!! First off the responses here are scarey!!! We are PURE energy! This is a FACT. I actually photograph that energy and have factual living proof that some people vibrate higher than others. Now that does not mean that the person vibrating at a lower level is less than. We are all exactly where we are supposed to be in our vibrational frequency. I will say this.....the reason for Earth needing to raise "her" vibratory level is so she can make t through the 2012 transition.....and not be left behind. You see Earth is a living organism. And she is the only living element here with us humans today, that really didn't have a choice through intent. In order for her to make it through this window of opportunity her vibratory level needed to raise. And since her vibratory level is reliant on humans vibratory level. I'm certain your radio guy was referring to humans becoming more enlightened. See there had to be enough humans reaching enlightenment in order for Earth to be pulled through. And since she didn't have a choice......this is why people have been all about SAVE THE EARTH over last generation. Most didn't even know why they were saying and rallying for this. It was instinctual at a sub-conscience level. Along with your vibration comes color and shape. But a subject for another time.

The only thing scary here is the fact that you find it frightening when people don't endorse the model or reality you subscribe to. Given that there are billions of people who don't share your beliefs, you must be in a constant state of terror.

Tell me please, what do you think is going to happen if we fail to raise our, or the Earth's, vibration in time? You say "she" won't make it "through" 2012. What does that mean? Do you think the Earth will disappear or explode if its vibration is too low?
edit on 25-1-2011 by flightsuit because: fixed typo

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit

Originally posted by TmTrvlr I don't care what school you have gone to, no one is teaching this, except one and I will not share that name with the unenlightened.

Do enlightened people generally make a habit of posting messages on the Internet to inform the rest of us that we're not enlightened and therefore not worthy of knowing the name of the secret school where we could learn how to levitate and teleport?

Of course! We can't have everyone levitating and teleporting or nothing would get done, and the inexperienced and uninitiated would simply float away or disappear without return.

edit on 25-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: spelling error, must not be infallible, oh well.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join