It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We Need to Vibrate at a Higher Frequency." A meaningless statement?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Why not just think of it as a metaphor. Ya'know, for various virtues that we all know are good to think about. Compassion, mercy, love, forgiveness. That kind of thing.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

You got the sense of what you think is being conveyed.
Such vague terms, as proven by the posts in this thread, are a virtual Rorschach test.
Essentially meaningless in any objective sense.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

I couldn't agree more. I just found it slightly entertaining when it talks about how animals vibrations affect its environment, and how a burning candle will change colors with certain frequencies. Speaking of Zeitgeist, I just got done watching Moving Forward. Money money moneyy

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

Itis not essentially meaningless as I understood what was meant. I bet you have no understanding of poetry or mystical verse. However you may have a more usefull skill writing technical manuals.

Rorscharch blots cannot be applied to the intelligent use of language.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Well yes and no, it has become a sort of catch all term for enlightenment. They say it like it can just be turned on by deciding to turn it on. There is however a more esoteric meaning to it and it refers more to a higher state of consciousness and expanded view and knowledge of how the world works beyond just the physical, but also including the physical too.

For a correspondence think of a child and his simplistic view of the world around him. He has no idea how it is going to change and expand when he grows up. he can't even fully comprehend the possibility of how is view and understanding will change when he reaches a certain point

That is how we are right now, one day we will grow up so to speak even more and have an expanded view and understanding of the world on several planes and not just the physical. However just like the Child will not make the leap until he has reached a certain level in growing up neither will we until we have a reached a certain level in our evolution.

There are several things we need to master and gain control over in our lower or animal natures so to speak and not be subject to our urges and impulses but have control over them, also we need to master our emotions. We need to have right motive, a desire to serve humanity etc., we need to learn to control and direct our will, meditation and breathing can help with this but it also takes a focused mind. We have spent many lifetimes to get where we are now and we have overcome much and are almost there, but we still have a ways to go.

It can all be summed up by saying we must always follow the highest we know. By doing this when we are each individually ready for the leap into a higher consciousness it will come. The new energies coming in to the earth now do help to stimulate us in these directions but we have to do the work, there is no magical transformation from the energies alone. This is where many miss the mark thinking they can just turn a switch say a few aums and boom instant higher consciousness/vibration.

edit on 25-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

How can you possibly know if you understand what he meant if what he meant is not discernible at all, thats not understanding that's just projection of your own ideas onto whatever he says.
Thats why it's such an effective way to speak, because it means nothing it's almost impossible to disagree with
edit on 25-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Perhaps you would lose that bet. But you did make me laugh.
And intelligent use of language is certainly not what you are exhibiting here.
Still if you’re happy…

I would hazard a guess that I’ve forgotten more about poetry and mystical verse than you will ever encounter.

Sigh...

"Rorscharch blots cannot be applied to the intelligent use of language."

Yet that is precisely what you are doing.
edit on 25-1-2011 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Just think about the statement for a second "vibrate at a higher frequency" there are so many things that don't mean anything without qualification that the whole statement becomes meaningless. A) What bit of us is Vibrating? and how is it vibrating? I'm almost sure that my body as a whole isn't vibrating or I may well have noticed at some point

Well science agrees that we are all vibrating. That may be an over simplified word to use, however the electrons of every atom in your body are flying around the nucleus perpetually. Same thing is happening even in a rock. We appear solid but there is mostly space between our atoms etc. So it is not wrong to say we are vibrating because everything is. Vibration is what makes the world go around so to speak

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I use the term sometimes and here is why.

You know for example when your about to go o.b.e how your whole body feels like it is vibrating, and the frequency is variable like when in fear you feel it slow and when in love you feel the frequency pick up etc. As someone who meditates i'm sure you know what I mean, well how else do you describe this feeling of vibrating energy without using the word "vibration". Sure your body may not physically be vibrating according to another observer, but its a good way to communicate sensation between spiritual seekers. When in a good mood for instance free of fears and full of joy and love the best way I know in my very limited vocab to describe the sensation of the energy is "high vibe".

Im yet to hear better words to describe these vibrations, if I do then ill use 'em. The point of communication is to say things in a way the other person knows what you are talking about, so even if there was a better way to say it the guy in the radio was probably still gonna use that one because everyone knows what he's talking about.

Sadly our language seems developed to facilitate commerce, not philosophizing and seeking truth.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
They are indeed nonsense statements, but then so much of that kind of thing is, the language is used simply as a smoke screen to hide the fact that they don't actually have a clue what they are talking about.

Just think about the statement for a second "vibrate at a higher frequency" there are so many things that don't mean anything without qualification that the whole statement becomes meaningless.
A) What bit of us is Vibrating? and how is it vibrating? I'm almost sure that my body as a whole isn't vibrating or I may well have noticed at some point
B) At what frequency am I vibrating now? how did you come to that conclusion and how is it possible to change it?
C) What is intrinsically better about higher frequencies than lower ones? and how did you find out which frequencies were better?
D) How about amplitude? what amplitude am I supposed to be vibrating at?

While people that use these phrases usually reject the scientific method in evaluating their claims they are more then happy to steal concepts and words that derive from it's application when it suits them

I now fully expect to be told that I'm spreading "negative energy"
edit on 25-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Exactly!

There are a lot of great responses in this thread, but this one is my favorite. It is exactly this kind of skepticism, and these kinds of questions, which would keep this field grounded and centered if we'd allow it.

The flakes and spiritual pipe dreamers in the personal growth and metaphysics business are the ones who don't like being asked these kinds of questions or who answer them evasively.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

The things these people always miss is that there is good and evil, there really is.

Thats why all these people always get this wrong, and what ever above knows what we do. I have never committed any crimes in my life, and i know what ever above knows that.

I do not know about your life.

link   
I can't believe how many closed minded comments I'm seeing, come on people!

Everything with a waveform has a vibrational frequency, matter, light, sound, energy, thought etc.. so as most (maybe everything) of what we know is a vibration, then of course it has meaning, but It only has more meaning to those who apply the concept to their pattern of reality, it's obviously not going to appear to have meaning to you if you've never thought about it yourself, like any thought or concept, but it will once you start thinking about it and applying your own meaning to it

The seemingly logical reason (for me anyway) why words like this would be used, is that you can interpret it in your own way to gain understanding, because personally I can't think of any words to describe most of the profound feelings and experiences that I have inside - wording is very difficult when applying internally rather than externally, probably because words are put into greater context when some sort of visual reference can be added for a further understanding. I talk a lot to people about reality and everything that goes with it, and as anyone knows, it's easy to find yourself knowing what you want to describe, but not being able to find the words to allow it to make clear sense to another person.

Higher vibrational frequencies lead to more complex patterns, you live in fear and that boxes your possibilities and apparent "options", sort of 'pausing' the evolution of consciousness, but if you live in love for life and people (not objects) sharing knowledge and experience, then consciousness can only grow.

People seem too quick to jump to conclusions when something doesn't make sense to them instantly, but remember that they're not your words to begin with, so you'll have to got involved a little to understand what's being described, otherwise speculatively fighting against it straight away will show closed and conditioned minds.

Peace and Love ..v,

link   
vibrationlevels change.
I somehow came to the point realising molecus vibrate and its the same with the molecules we are build by. Somehow altering the vibration of your molecules.. whatever can happen.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by VirtualParadise
I can't believe how many closed minded comments I'm seeing, come on people...

...People seem too quick to jump to conclusions when something doesn't make sense to them instantly, but remember that they're not your words to begin with, so you'll have to got involved a little to understand what's being described, otherwise speculatively fighting against it straight away will show closed and conditioned minds...

Pointing out that a statement is meaningless, or not sufficiently grounded in supporting information, does not make a person close-minded. Furthermore, nobody is jumping to conclusions because something didn't make sense instantly. You'll notice that several people in this thread have agreed with me that new age hippie-dippy types have been spouting this nonsense for years. We've been hearing it for years, and we've grown weary of it.

edit on 25-1-2011 by flightsuit because: added a word or two

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
What if I reach a meditative state where my breathing has slowed, my heart rate has decreased, my mind has become quiet, and my nervous system is relaxed? Wouldn't it be fair to suppose that any vibrating I might be doing would be at a lower frequency than when I'm in my normal waking state, going about my daily affairs?

Should we then conclude that mediation is an undesirable thing, despite the heightened state of awareness I might be experiencing?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The spiritual monologue that spiritual teachers recite has to be interrupted at the first deviation from the practical and applicable. Clarification has to be established at the outset otherwise we are merely somnambulistic listeners using vague terms to reinforce an already flawed spiritual mindset.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
What if I reach a meditative state where my breathing has slowed, my heart rate has decreased, my mind has become quiet, and my nervous system is relaxed? Wouldn't it be fair to suppose that any vibrating I might be doing would be at a lower frequency than when I'm in my normal waking state, going about my daily affairs?

Should we then conclude that mediation is an undesirable thing, despite the heightened state of awareness I might be experiencing?

Surely you must of felt a surge of energy that feels like its vibrating faster coursing through your body at some point, of course not actually vibrating your physical body, the vibrations have nothing to do with your physical body actually vibrating as though you have the shivers or something. Its more like a sensation. It feels like your soul is vibrating.

edit on 25-1-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

"It feels like your soul is vibrating. When your cage of a body is still your soul is free to fly high, and it feels like its vibrating faster before taking off."

No offence intended but that statement is a fine example of the OP's premise.

edit on 25-1-2011 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Ladies will be scandalized if I explain what it means.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit

Originally posted by VirtualParadise
I can't believe how many closed minded comments I'm seeing, come on people...

...People seem too quick to jump to conclusions when something doesn't make sense to them instantly, but remember that they're not your words to begin with, so you'll have to got involved a little to understand what's being described, otherwise speculatively fighting against it straight away will show closed and conditioned minds...

Pointing out that a statement is meaningless, or not sufficiently grounded in supporting information, does not make a person close-minded. Furthermore, nobody is jumping to conclusions because something didn't make sense instantly. You'll notice that several people in this thread have agreed with me that new age hippie-dippy types have been spouting this nonsense for years. We've been hearing it for years, and we've grown weary of it.

edit on 25-1-2011 by flightsuit because: added a word or two

Thanks for the reply, but I wasn't saying everyone was closed minded by any means, and it doesn't matter who agrees with you, it just means they're 'in the same boat as you', but you did just demonstrate closed mindedness when you replied still calling it 'nonsense', generalising 'Hippy-dippy types', and arguing against something I said which you quoted when the rest of my comment which you didn't quote explained how abstract and personal this subject is, and it's not as easy as just 'showing some documents to prove it' or anything external. I was targeting conditioned minds, offering no judgement (saying they're conditioned isn't a judgement as it's literal and not opinionated) as from experience it appears that many people tend to question their reality when a statement is put forward rather than a question, as a statement can force the heart and genuine self to decide whether it feels right, wrong, or whether it's worth further self investigation (depending on the interest and understanding of the receiving mind - if you have no interest in it, then stop putting your energy into it). If a person can't understand or relate with it, then they're probably still too "in the ego/brain" (again, not as a judgement or insult, but in literal terms)

I think you're thinking too physically about this subject, the electromagnetic spectrum is less than 1% (If I remember rightly..?) of all the energy that can be detected, and visible light is less than 0.5% of that, so it's not going to be felt physically like shivering or anything, it's something that people seem to build on once they've started to become connected to higher consciousness through meditation, realisation, epiphanies, paranormal experiences, anything that can act as a catalyst to allow the mind to wonder deeper and break outside the box of reality that they're currently familiar with.

If you pursue this understanding then I wish you luck on the journey, it's a profound one :-) If you wish to stay fighting it however, then you need to ask yourself if you actually have any interest in the subject you're putting negative energy into, as to me, THAT sounds like a waste of energy

Peace & Love ..v,

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join