It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We Need to Vibrate at a Higher Frequency." A meaningless statement?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
So tonight I was listening to Coast To Coast AM and the guest was this guy:

Gary J. McDonald

He was talking about 2012 and prophecy and blah, blah, blah and among other things, he stated that we need to vibrate at a higher frequency. He equated vibrating at a higher frequency with all that is good and virtuous, and implied or stated that it is somehow bad or harmful for us to vibrate at lower frequencies.

I've been hearing this from new agers my whole life. Am I the only one who thinks these statements are simplistic, meaningless rubbish?

Before you conclude that I'm just uninformed, please know that I spent years and years of my life practicing meditation and Tai Chi and have also taken classes in reading and healing from a psychic school in San Francisco. So I'm no stranger to the idea that there are mysterious, subtle energies underlying and infusing everything we think and do, and everything that we are.

But this "we need to vibrate at a higher frequency" crap? It's just rubbish!

There seems to be this infantile notion that a higher frequency is somehow synonymous with morally higher behavior and that a lower frequency therefore is somehow connected to "low" thoughts and deeds.

Makes about as much sense as thinking that eating spicy or "hot" foods will cause you to think "hot" sexual thoughts and eating cold breakfast cereal will cool your sinful desires!

I don't care if you're talking about radio frequencies, electricity, rays of light, or whatever: In science, engineering, telecommunications, broadcasting, astronomy, medicine, and damned near every other area of existence, you need a wide spectrum of frequencies. Stuff couldn't exist, and you couldn't get things done, if there were not high, medium, and low frequencies!

I have no idea what "level" I'm "vibrating" at right now, but I guarantee you, regardless of whether it's high or low, my moral and spiritual fiber are the same!

Thank you for listening to my rant.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

Well I suppose you could take your pick from these as well.

Cosmic consciousness
Astral plane
Lower fourth dimension
Akashic records
Ether
Channeling
Spirit orbs

Ad infinitum...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

"vibrating at a higher frequency" statements are just crap that some new age hippies say to sound "deep", "insightful" and from an "ascended plane" (Another example of meaningless statements). Before ensuing posters attempt to devalue my comments because "i am un-aware" or bla bla bla, I must say I come from the same boat as the OP. I practice meditation, and I read into philosophy/religion (currently the bhagavad gita), but some things are just pointless statements of which their sole purpose is to provide a form of ego masturbation for the person that sais it.

Text 6 "Karma Yoga" from the Bhagavad Gita: "One who restrains the senses of action but whose mind dwells on sense objects certainly deludes himself and is called a pretender"

I believe the people that say empty statements like "vibrating at a higher frequency" are pretenders in that they are only stating these things to seem "higher" and more "wise" for "material" gain (which so far in the book has been classified as most mundane human things like ego and greed). They are just merely pretending.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I have never heard of this idea until now.

Your moral and spiritual fiber is what produces the frequency, I assume. Not the other way around. So, as long as you maintain your moral creed, then your frequency won't change I suppose.

Now. There is definitely a difference between what one might consider good and bad morals.

There is also a difference between high and low frequencies.

Do they somehow correlate? I have no idea, like I said this is a new idea for me.

Matter is in constant motion, so I suppose you might say we are constantly vibrating depending on your perspective.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Vibrating at a higher frequency is a matter of common sense. The more you read into any texts you read, the more you let it apply to your mind, the more you will find yourselves utterly consumed by a hateful point of view that totally corrupts your morality. Morality, by the way is a concept of the mind.

The mind is a tool, not a weapon. Philosophy dictates what you choose to do, to regard yourself above a small animal is a stupid argument if any of you think a creator actually gave us animals. If there is a creator, then logically you'd have to assume the viewpoint that perhaps all life was planted here. The missing link in human evolution is missing...

Just sayin. Archaeologists still largely have a lot of discovering to do. But much astrology points to 2012 being a peak time in the electromagnetic waves.
Another theory too, is how did the first nuclear bomb affect the core of this planet? Could an impact such as that had a pull over the whole planet due to electromagnetic occurances unpredicted by einstein's equations?

Just saying, don't flame me. Cause unlike the tea partyers...I don't condone "Fire against fire.". I'd rather use a water gun.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Well i think it's a matter of approach to living.

For example, it can be said that someone who is lazy, or only capable of thinking at the basic level, (food, entertainment) are vibrating at a low (lame?) frequency.

If that is the case then we can have a better idea of what vibrating at a higher frequency means.

We have individuals who actively go out of their way to learn new things or make a difference in the world on one end, and those who just care about what's popular and..... twilight or justin bieber on the other.

The world is starting to split itself into those who are aware and those who are not. That's what i think the difference in vibrational frequency means- they just function on different levels.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Whenever dealing with these issues, one should remember that the world isn't like it shows itself to us. Even some of the most famous physicists have admitted that they don't understand at all how the universe works and the human race probably never will. We see only a fragment of what we call "reality".

The resonance is probably created by the consiousness. It's hard to say. Men (usually) have lower, women higher. Most people have very "quiet", subtle resonance, many times aggressive because of negative thought patterns etc. unless it's "activated" or "awaken" (and clensed) by meditation, yoga, etc. I think that the "bio-field" is kind of a product of consiousness, and reflects our overall health, physical and mental. It's possibly electricity, magnetism or some kind of tension.

Trust me, when you're really on fire, people WILL notice it

EDIT: I actually like to ground myself with extremely low frequencies (certain type of music), since higher frequencies feel so.. feminine and crazy
And there's nothing wrong with food and entertainment. I love to eat junk food and watch movies from time to time. Just don't do it all the time.

I think more important for now for people would be to check their attitudes, beliefs, values and not be scared and intimidated by the current PTB/status quo. There's too much a-holiness on the move right now, and it's praised like it's a virtue.
edit on 25/1/2011 by Tryptych because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
They are indeed nonsense statements, but then so much of that kind of thing is, the language is used simply as a smoke screen to hide the fact that they don't actually have a clue what they are talking about.

Just think about the statement for a second "vibrate at a higher frequency" there are so many things that don't mean anything without qualification that the whole statement becomes meaningless.
A) What bit of us is Vibrating? and how is it vibrating? I'm almost sure that my body as a whole isn't vibrating or I may well have noticed at some point
B) At what frequency am I vibrating now? how did you come to that conclusion and how is it possible to change it?
C) What is intrinsically better about higher frequencies than lower ones? and how did you find out which frequencies were better?
D) How about amplitude? what amplitude am I supposed to be vibrating at?

While people that use these phrases usually reject the scientific method in evaluating their claims they are more then happy to steal concepts and words that derive from it's application when it suits them

I now fully expect to be told that I'm spreading "negative energy"
edit on 25-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
one should remember that the world isn't like it shows itself to us.

Kymatica:
kyma - greek for 'waves'
kymatica - pertaining to waves
(yahoo)

Google video:
video.google.com...

The video is about an hour and a half long, it talks about vibrational frequencies, your spirit, etc...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
please remove
edit on 25-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I couldn't listen to the C2C program with this Gary fellow. He kept getting ridiculously sidetracked. Whenever George Noory would ask him a question this guy kept going off on a tangent that really didn't pertain to the question at hand. I agree with the op in that the phrase seems very empty and hollow. I can only say that I try practicing meditation and things of that nature. Where I should be doesn't matter, where I was doesn't, it's where I'm at right now and the journey that is important.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Well it seems the OP was having a little rant about the meaningless drivel that abounds in this field.
I merely voiced my support and threw in a few other meaningless terms for good measure.
No big deal, although perhaps it is to the essentially meaningless thinkers.
Just a bit of fun really but I certainly won’t be drawn into a meaningless argument about your essentially meaningless reply,

Which is obviously your intention.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The lower vibration is because of the sorrow and worries we have. Therefore it is not true one is not open to higher vibrations. Pray for the spirit to be with people. Change can occur very fast.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Well you are entitled to your rant. However your mind has a translations program, well I hope it does. I hear "We need to vibrate at a higher Frequency" but my mind translates it to mean "We need to up our spiritual game" or "We need to more consciously follow up on our innate spirituality". No problem there.

For the record hippy speak makes me cringe - it is so passe. I also do not believe the 2012 hype. I did make a lot of money from Y2K consulting and believe 2012 is this decade's equivalent.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
They probably mean with this resonance at a higher vibrations we are free of sorrow. Looks like someone looked into the future.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Thats the problem with such meaningless terms.
You can translate them any way you like.
But that isn't really translation is it?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I'm not one to think of my self as the resonant type. It's just not something I'm interested in.
BUT, sometimes people try to convey a feeling, thought or idea without having the vocabulary or a proper analogy to relate it to others.

Could be something to it but the term "frequency" just isn't adequate to get the point across.

I Dunno. Just sayin.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BennynTheSteelers

Interesting.. but too much mumbo-jumbo on that, so I stopped watching around 30 mins. Like "you're made to believe that you need a licence to drive a car or build houses".

Those licenses exist that any moron without any driving skills or experience couldn't jump into car and probably kill himself and others. Or that any amateur couldn't build a house and get possibly hundreds of people dead.

The logic on that film, Esoteric Agenda and Zeitgeist is completely flawed. The capital letter-thing was also completely flawed: it's just happens to be that substantives are written with caps. There's no "super-secret conspiracy" behind that. There's just too many errors and assumptions on those films to be taken seriously.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

It is for me as I got the sense of what was being conveyed. Not everything translates clearly. When Indian trantric sages tried to explain enlightment all they could say was "Neti neti" which trabslates as "Not this not this". I also understood that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join