It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police fear 'war on cops'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Do you guys think that this union leader even saying this is a bad idea? That it might draw more of the same or escalate tensions nationwide? Was it responsible to say with this little (relatively speaking) of a trend? That's something I can't quite wrap my head around.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I don't think its the best idea to call for violence against police officers.. Actually it's a very dangerous thing for all of us...

Yes they may be overstepping their bounds and even abusing power, but I don't think violence is the answer here.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

So you think the third President and author of the Declaration of Independence was a conspriracy theorist? I believe all the founders of this country were considered "terrorists" by England- but remember, History is always written by the victors. I do not advocate the killling of LEO's, but lets not pretend that they have not had a run as of late of questionable killings themselves. This is a mad, mad world
edit on 25-1-2011 by inbound because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The only difference between big city police and the mafia is that the mafia actually provides 'protection' for the money they extort.

Perhaps if the police have not had an ongoing contempt and abuse of their power over the civilians then they might not have to fear a 'war on cops' The police have declaired war on non police often enough - just look through the youtube videos.

People are at the breaking ecnomically, mentally and spiritually. The fact that the person hiding behind a badge is probably getting paid more than the civilian is, has the best health care, has incredible benefits, will retire at a relatively young age with those same benefits and the civilian is paying for all of it and getting treated like dirt on top of it.

The police are not there to help, They do not protect or serve. They are there to raise revinue period.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think it has to do with the these stories going viral after the Arizona shooting. Notice how Obama is not holding a political rally for these officers. After the Arizona shooting, it is more news worthy to report on more shootings. The fact is, shootings happen all the time, and while this does not excuse it, it does show how politically motivated some of the shootings are, and others are ignored by the media. So I don't think this has anything to do with a war on cops as the shootings are too spread out. Now maybe the population is becoming more hostile to police but that has nothing to do with an active conspiracy just simply a rising tide of hatred against authority, which could be any number of reasons, economic comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

What is truly disgusting to me is people who advocate this sort of action against Police officers. People who are for the most part patriots themselves, people who want to protect others.

People who would use a Thomas Jefferson quote in order to advocate killing police officers in my opinion are disgusting human beings and shouldn't be praised but shunned.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
cops are the biggest slaves in a system they dont understand, alot of them will be goin to hell (or where ever evil things go after death)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: /

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by PsykoOps

Yea, like every freaking cop that joins the force becomes corrupt
and all Muslims are terrorists, and all Republicans are Nazis too

Umm all police officers are corrupt. Id bet more than half of the current laws are unconstitutional, yet they will still lock you up for breaking one. Didn't they take an oath to defend the constitution? If I am carrying a concealed firearm, without a permit, will the officer arrest me? Damn right he will. What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand? Every single officer and judge is breaking the oath they took, wether they realize it or not, by enforcing unconstitutional laws. Period. I am not a cop hater, just stating the facts.

Deebo
edit on 25-1-2011 by Deebo because: Edited to add

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think this is gonna start to happen more and more.... as more jobs are lost and unemployment benefits get dried up .......your gonna see average everyday Joe's who can no longer support their wives and kids begin to take it out on Gov't, cops, politicians. Its just a historical fact in recessions/depression and you can see it in history books.

Plus with budget cuts to Gov's, many cops are laid off resulting in a shrunken police force.

This is just the begining ........its gonna get alot worse from here on out......................

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Well you certainly can't try to blame this on Palin either.

But you can put the blame on people like Ice T.

www.lyricsfreak.com...

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 24-1-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

Well I guess that's it then, it's Ice-T's fault!
That guy and his lyrics, if only he would've been stopped, none of this would've happend.....'LOUD COUGH'

edit on 25-1-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Look up a few I have Ice t

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What worries me the most aren't the cop killings, or the MSM hype surrounding them. What worries me the most is the reckless abandon that some of our members here at ATS are showing concerning fellow human beings. Just as some cops consider themselves the judge, jury, and executioners, some of you here are showing the same traits. What makes your judgment so much better than theirs? I know plenty of good cops in my area that have ousted the racist, woman-abusing, power-hungry pigs in our local PD forces. These people are your neighbors, your brothers and sisters, your fellow human beings. Yes, there will always be rotten apples, and they will always be rotten apples. These people go into a job knowing that they might not come home to their wives and kids at the end of the day. Some of them know that they may have a toe tag on them before it's their time. Why do they still do it? It's because some of them believe that they are still making a difference in the world.

I spoke to a friend of my stepfather's not too long ago. He is a Deputy in the Sheriff's Department in my county. I began discussing such matters as martial law, complete government takeover, etc. Do you know what he told me? He said that more than 90% of the force in my county (and others surrounding ours) would gladly take up arms next to a citizen if it meant preserving our concept of liberty. These men and women talk about it as much as we do. Many of them are concerned and believe that the blame is being falsely placed on their shoulders. They are trying to make a living just as any of the rest of us are. Does it excuse some of the more ridiculous acts carried out in the name of the law? Absolutely not. But let's not throw the baby out with the bath water in this case. These very men and women might be your last line of defense (and arms supply) if the SHTF in this country.

Some of the comments disgust me, but also show me how desperate things have become not only in our country but around the world. We're looking for someone to blame. Well maybe it's time to start looking in the mirror first, and then at the top of the "food chain" next.

My $.02.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker
edit on 25-1-2011 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

I've been snubbed and beaten by the police one too many times to give a crap about any one in a uniform. I've never ever once been helped by the police, they have been a constant source of dismay in my area and people get what they deserve. And no the cops arent my last line of defense or arms, I have plenty of weapons and I spend plenty of time on the range with alot of bigger and badder things then a worthless police model 40 cal or 9mm
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: ahem

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Yeah that doesn't sound good a cop with an itchy trigger finger and the inability to tell who is an actual threat and who isn't? I have had some experience with this actually.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Absolutely and very well said. I don't understand why this is such a hard concept to try to get across. But you did it well.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well it's cool and all but not everyone has your perspective. Just because it's how it is your town,city,state w/e doesnt mean anything to people who arent you living your life and experiences, You arent automatically right because you want to be it's not how it works.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
its what happens when people get tired of corruptness..everyones seen cops assault kids, little girls, skateboarders, passerbys..YouTube has brought a lot of this out, but lord forbid you record a cop doing any of this, its "eavesdropping" and could land you in federal prison..maybe if they stepped back into their oath to protect and serve, no one would fill the need to defend their selves against people who are SUPPOSED to be helping.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

Fair enough. You really have no idea about my background or experience, where I've lived, what I've seen, but I'm going to let this slide for personal reasons.. But more importantly, the post I replied to really does cover the response to your point very well, so there's nothing left to add. We have come full circle.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjt1ngle
its what happens when people get tired of corruptness..everyones seen cops assault kids, little girls, skateboarders, passerbys..YouTube has brought a lot of this out, but lord forbid you record a cop doing any of this, its "eavesdropping" and could land you in federal prison..maybe if they stepped back into their oath to protect and serve, no one would fill the need to defend their selves against people who are SUPPOSED to be helping.

now i dont agree with the shooting of cops, or any of the violence towards them, i understand its a hard job and sometimes they put their lives on the line, but they know that going in...if they cant handle the stress of it, they shouldnt have signed up.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join