It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police fear 'war on cops'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
knock knock knockin on heaven's door.......

Bob Dylan

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Im going to add a good cop story in here,

Driving to work one morning, I found myself trapped in the right lane with cars parked infront, In lieu of being stuck waiting, I started to accelerate faster then the cars to my left, suddenly a van slammed on his gas to block me in, I slowed down and carefully slipped in behind him. As my awareness reached out and safety was assured from the speeding van, I noticed a speed trap up ahead. "AHAAAAaaa" I thought, the van is gonna get it good.

Nope...He only had his radar gun on my lane, missed the van going 90, and flagged me at 71 in a 60.

With great shame, I rolled down the hill and just felt depressed as the cop very politely read the speel, quickly went to the cruiser with my details, came back and waived the ticket. I didnt do anything special, I didnt shout or defend my rights, the cop was just a nice guy, he was a human being, doing a job.

I drove away without a speeding ticket.

During that entire time, I could feel his razor sharp perception - They are on full alert, as if they are approaching a rabid dog. Im a gun owner, Im a large 6'3 male. Why shouldn't they be on edge?

He watched my hands,every movement of body language he looked right in my eyes, using professional assessment skills and I felt like a rabbit being observed by a hawk.

A good cop, but still ready to rip my guts out if even the slightest instinct was triggered.

Its very quickly turning into a game of Us VS Them

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well..........? I have seen a lot of discontented folks lately that absolutely hate the government since Obama took office. And any type of "police actions". I don't think they're tied together in any way, but somehow this smacks of media politics to me. The case in Washington for example was officers simply returning fire after the stupid robber took several shots at them. Libs want "gun control",(which of course will not work), but my theory on gun control is that I hit what I aim at.
I am thankful for officers that are in harms way every day. There are always going to be a couple of "bad employees" no matter where, or what type of job you have. Even cops. I just think that since we have more cameras and technology now as compared to the past, that people are just now realizing how many criminals are actually out there. But for this guy to protect his life and possessions, then having his "stuff" confiscated, well, that's sounds a bit phony to me. If true, I'd sue the hell out of 'em.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The Police asked for it, they are being protected by the Government, and they are given more powers to violently assault and even murder without any accountability.

They deserve it.

This will spread all across the world where the Police are torturing, killing and violently assaulting innocent members of public, without any accountability.

It seems the cops are only good for protecting the rich these days. I swear in my life that never in my life have cops helped me. I have been jumped, I have been assaulted, I have been robbed, but the police have never helped me, but when I fought back for the first time, the Police made my life a living hell and charged me with assault with weapon, even thought it was self defense.

Let the revolution against the arrogant cops begin.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Ummmmm...........................just love your attitude, and I quote........"mostly........ if you treat an officer with deference and respect, then he will treat you with the same"...................Howabout.......YOU...treat..... US.......... with deference and respect.....first...hmmmn... and we might.........cant guarantee it, after having been under your boot for so long.......return the same.
Listen up leo, you hav'nt.......earned..........my respect, so keep your phallic symbol to yourself.......cause mines bigger............
Leo.................. just another four letter word...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I read this article earlier today and thought it nothing more than a way to get people all riled up about there being some kind of coordinated attack when there was absolutely no evidence of it. If anything, it was a poor choice for an article title. The article was also nothing more than a way for law enforcement to complain about the current issue of underfunding, and rightly so, I might add. I think the title was simply an attention grabber.

If one were to read the article, one of the first things it says is that we are right on track in January 2011 for 2010 January numbers so there's no reason to believe there is some kind of increased violence going on. It seems more of a coincidence than anything else.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Police fear, because that is what they are programmed to do.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
First...I am not suggesting in any way that anyone should pick up a weapon and try and kill or hurt a cop. I'm not supporting that idea at all! Second, I really feel that society at large has pretty much had enough and won't put up with much more for much longer. People have been beaten, tazed and put in jail falsely by cops in this country for years, and honestly? What did the cops expect? For people to just tolerate it and go along with it?
Sadly, I think it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'll have to say most cops don't show any compassion for someone's life their #ing up.

If anything, their stupid to be cops if you ask me.

I don't like cops, it prevents social justice.

Does anyone really like cops unless your a weasel.

Their an elitist program to protect themselves.

I will not kill a cop but I would tazer one entering my home for no justifiable reason.

That's where I am on the subject.

The police are getting to have to much power to ruin lives and not care.

What if you got pulled away from a job for something stupid like a recession stressed out time in this country? See what I mean and all for an elitist agenda to protect themselves.

Cops= Control System.

I realize it's just stupid to be a cop right now.

If your going to be a scanner face the wrath tough hyenas.

Hyenas that scan for a living are sitting ducks but I'm protecting my home.

That's all I will say for now as I'm blacklisted anyways am surviving how many are surviving, barely.

Wake Up folks. Welcome to the Merry Matrix, hope it's all a digital dream but don't think it is people.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity
[more
Ummmmm.............actually i was'nt even talking to you.........however........let me be quite.......lucid.
If you dont like my observation of the current state of affairs then you might want to try debating it......you might want to consider that I dont "freak out" (your term).............I'm very calm , very cool........very...........collected... and one of the things that I've collected is an accute sense of how much freedom has been erroded by "the department of homeland security", "tsa", "the patriot act", and those that carry out it's mandates.........dont you love how..........."fusion center"............ just seems to roll off the tongue?
Try practicing a little......... lucidity...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muzeam
hope it's all a digital dream but don't think it is people.

If it is, could someone please tell me his name!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Maybe it's some mythical Arab living in a cave that's causing it?

edit on 25-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: sp

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Police officers have become merely pirate revenue collectors for the city/state. The worse ones like to abuse their authority. Like I have mentioned in similar threads, there will be a lot more once our troops come home from Iraq and Afghanistan. Their military training fits nicely with this police state culture.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This is what i say "YES!","YES!"

No matter what you say all of you "Be peacfull " people. This is the reality. its going to get worse. and the police are going to get more and more out of controle and break the law and trample your constitutional rights " OH WAIT THERE IS NO CONSTITUTION" any more.

Oh thats right. you can be put in jail for defending your self agenst dudes in ski masks attacking your home with molitovs, imagine just imagine trying to defend your self aganst the police if they are attacking you!

So stop spouting peace when there is none.
DONT YOU ALL KNOW WHAT THIS IS!!
ITS A SOFT WAR!!! a soft war on all of us the american people.
this isnt a full fleged hot war with a line drawn. its a war fought in one on one battles every day on our streets. they kill us for no reason, they imprison us for things you know to be nothing, thay take your property away , they use media sensationalisom to attack our right to bear arms, and the propiganda is coming out my as*,

but none of you see it THE WAR IS ON and they are winning, ask your self wheres your retirment ,wheres your social security, sh*t wheres our countries gold?
Its all gone and they are just winning this war while you all stand guard at your p.c.'s and playstations, thats how they are going to find you ,sitting right infront of a device and theyll have to pry you from it to take you away to be nulified!

So please pleasE stop thinking you can vote your way out of this that time has gone. and I would laugh right along with tptb watching you line up to cast a vote thinking it matters. fool me once and all that, but how would the saying apply to us "fool me infinite times" and we'll just fall for it. dosnt make for a witty saying . its sad really cuz its true.

So PLEASE PLEASE SHUT YOUR PEASE SPOUTING MOUTH, YOUR ALREADY BEING WARED ON. YOUR SO UBSERD CALLING FOR PEASE ON THE FRONT LINES WITH BULLETS FLYING BY YOUR HEAD AND YOUR NEIGHBOR DIES. your the fish on the shelf at the market still talking about swimming up stream.

I know they are just going to shoot first and shoot again then ask questions. and people are going to one up then they are going to one up , oh people its on ,

Signed " Waiting for a revolution to come to a theater near you this summer" GOING TO BE A BLOCK BUSTER!!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Video cameras and YouTube are to blame.

Forget gun control, make cameras illegal, prohibit the exploitation of photographic and video evidence of police abuse on the internet, and news media. Then there will be no more incitement to violence against cops.

LOL... some states are attempting this rather than deal with corruption and abuse.

If there is ever a war with the police, I'm putting my money on the people to win.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Quoting Thomas Jefferson. Saying it's karma or they got what they deserved. Wow!
Someone needs to get out of the basement and from behind the computer. If you want to make this country better,get off your fat butts and make it better. I doubt you big talkers will do anything besides hide behind your monitors.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
Oh poor cops.

I'll feel bad about a war on cops, when they stop punching women, tazing helpless people, and shooting pot smokers.

Th police definitley have it coming to them. Pretty much everyone I know agrees that cops are stepping way over their boundaries in this society.
edit on 24-1-2011 by theendisnear69 because: grammar

You are correct, people are getting fed up. It used to be that the police did the bad things to THOSE PEOPLE, now they have finally seen that eventually in a police state everybody becomes those people if not connected.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

Ummm.........obviously I can only speak for myself, I dont hate.......you..........not the person that you are, or aspire to be, not the father, teaching his son how to play ball, baiting a hook for his daughter, bringing flowers home to his wife.......knowing........that look in her eyes of solemn relief that you actually......did........come home. I could never hate that........not ever.
Hatred is such a foreign thing to me, I have always tried to be.......other, I think, perhaps, that the weight of all that is occuring, has beaten down the simplistic wall.....the core of my compassion is tainted, my foundation.......crumbled. I was happier when I did not know, you see, ignorance truely is bliss.
I do not hate you sir, however when you stand there in your uniform, I despise what it represents, I detest, that you would stand there against the citizenry, in favor of and prosecuting the unjust and unlawful dictates of a corrupt and tyrannical regime.......Keep your oath.........sir. If you do nothing else..........keep your oath.
If you do this, then good men and women will stand with you..........You are supposed to be our first line of defense against tyranny......not it's right hand. You are supposed to uphold the rights of free men and women, not the corporate charter...........Where did you go wrong.........sir........did you forget us?.......Just turn around...turn around......help us to make it all right again...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I'm not advocating the random killing of police officers.

I'm saying people need to defend themselves when the tools of the system become corrupted, and interfere with personal liberties and freedoms.

You people really believe they're still protecting us. We should be protecting ourselves in the first place anyways. Not relying on the system to keep the bad guys away.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Supposing that Americans 2nd Amendment rights are on the verge of being infringed upon further due to these developments recently...

This is borrowed from a friend...
How accurate is this information?

******A LITTLE GUN HISTORY In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------ In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------ Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------ China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated ------------------------------ Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ---- ------------- ------------- Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------ Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ----------------------------- Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million. ------------------------------ It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in: List of 7 items: Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent. Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent. Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)! In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns! While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed. There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it. You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join