It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police fear 'war on cops'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
''Umm, we would all still be serfs. The only thing that enabled our ancestors to be free was gun powder. Much like the agricultural revolution enabled the construction of cities/permanent residences''

Having a firearm at ones immediate disposal, I imagine, can offer a heightened sense of power, of autonomy and perhaps an altered sense of justice. There are no other weapons that are as psychologically dangerous as firearms.

To use a knife, a cross-bow or even a tornado kick requires skill and control whereas a firearm requires somewhat less, in spite of its fatal capacity.

A weapon is for fighting an enemy, to have any enemy is not to be truly free.

Gunpowder is not a tool of freedom, although I understand you probably meant it as a defence, but against what?

Gunpowder!

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
lol...

sorry hang on

ok, sorry back to the article.. it was the video where they are afraid...

I am saying and, the only thing I am saying, is I told you... It was coming... the whole thing is going to get worse.. if your a cop on the street cya to the extreme... I am not making threats... I just see people getting more and more stressed... This is going to cause more issues... more police are going to get blamed for more bad issues...

you will want to read...
www.docstoc.com...

just wait too... The numbers say this will start in the bigger cities, because there is more people... simple odds...

it started (this curve) when the politicians closed doors to their constituents... it made the people feel their was no conection to the people. Try and argue your way about it... It stands as is.. Id suggest fixing it..

If I was a local pd I would start a hearts and mind campaign. ASAP... if you think you have a good one then that is the sign your wrong... completely... If they will not start one, transfer

Do not think I am trying to say anything I am trying my best with what little I know to prevent as much as possible for as long as possible... hearts and minds..

edit on 24-1-2011 by ripcontrol because: self censorship

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

You know what, cops are legally held responsible for any crimes they commit. Not only in the criminal courts, but also the civilian courts as well.

I think a lot of people had a bad experience with a cop at some point in their lives and think that all cops are like that. Well sorry some cop took your bag pal, but some cop takin' your stash does not equate to an atrocity.

A cop wasting a gang member for pulling a gun on him is not an atrocity, it's called self defense.

A cop busting a drunk driver is not an atrocity, it's enforcing the law.

Don't let ATS fool you, there are a lot of good cops out there just trying to do their jobs, and trying to make this country a safer place for everyone to live in. Sure some cops can be dicks, but hey, so can anyone else, just because they have that uniform on doesn't make them a robot, they are still human and as a human they have emotions.

Most of the time I have found if you treat a cop with respect and dignity they will return the favor.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
Oh poor cops.

I'll feel bad about a war on cops, when they stop punching women, tazing helpless people, and shooting pot smokers.

They don't just shoot pot smokers, they shoot people that have nothing to do with drugs, like this pastor.
www.drugwarrant.com...

Police Departments use SWAT teams to serve warrants on non-violent offenders. All part of justifying their budget expenditures.

A few weeks ago, the cops raided a medical MJ dispensary in Michigan. They took all of the shop's money, as well as the money of all the customers ! No arrests made or charges filed. Basically the cops just committed armed robbery and got away with it.

I constantly see them illegally parked, or running red lights when they just don't feel like waiting. Most think they are above the law.

Originally posted by Anttyk47
Ehh thought it'd be 365 or so. It's more closer to 150 acutally.
Anyways these don't just happen once every 3 days, they happen in spikes.
But i'm not an expert.

Being a cop is not nearly as dangerous of a job as the public perception sees it. I saw a list a few years ago, per capita, more chimney sweeps and commercial fisherman lose their life on the job than policemen. They don't face anywhere near the risk of a soldier/marine deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan.

For every honest to god criminal they catch, there are hundreds of speeding tickets and moving citations issued. I respect a homicide detective, but most cops on the beat are simply tax collectors for city hall.

Obviously I don't support violence against them, but the idea of a "war against cops" seems ridiculous to me.
In bad economic times, people become more desperate. Simple as that.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Here is a quote from the link provided.

"The bad guys are not afraid of cops," Roberts said. "They’re rarely rational. You get that combination, when you ID yourself as a cop, it does not scare them away; it makes it more dangerous for you."
-Richard Roberts, spokesman for the International Union of Police Associations.

Does anone see anything wrong with this quote????
Is it just me?
Tell ya what, I'm not even going to point out why I think this quote is soo telling of their mentality.
I want someone else to do it just to see if I am the only one or not.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Wow...it took three whole posts for the cop haters to crawl out.

I have a feeling those that talk about killing police officers or how they deserve it, would be the first to complain if a victim of a crime and the last to put their OWN lives at risk to save someone else. Words are cheap.

Thanks to the OP for the link. I am forwarding this to my police friends, though I'm sure they are already aware that now is the time to be even more vigilant.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Could be bad press. You rarely hear about the cop saving an infant, or the cop stopping a domestic violence situation from turning into a homicide. All that gets reported (especially on ATS) is how cops are jerks.

Maybe people need to understand while there are some bad cops, there are far more good cops who go out every day and put their lives on the line to try and keep the streets safe for you and me.

It's true that good people join police. However it wont take long for them to turn into bad people. They dont necessarily do bad things. However they wont stop the rotten ones in the force from committing crimes. That makes them accessories and just as quilty.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Yea, like every freaking cop that joins the force becomes corrupt
and all Muslims are terrorists, and all Republicans are Nazis too

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
As much as I happen to truly hate the police and everything those corrupted fools stand for, I could never approve of taking the life of a police officer.

Than again, they are the ones who put on that uniform everyday and are fully aware of what can and might happen to them. If you don't want to die, don't get involved in a career which puts you in danger each day, and don't support and cover up for the corrupted police you know are working along side you, and perhaps people won't be so quick to say "eff the police."

I won't shed a single tear over this, but I won't call those killing these officers anything less than filth also.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This OP title should read;
'Slave master's Henchmen worried about increased slave rebellions'

Police have no God given right to do what they are doing. They feed off of the public, stalking, harassng, hiding and pouncing and extorting people trying to live their lives peacefully. There is very little reason left to respect their so-called authority. They are considered, by many, to be the true terrorists in our country.

The fact that they are being used as agents of tyranny, is becoming unacceptable to a growing number of free people. A cop may have good intentions, and perhaps good character. But they are ignorantly protecting laws that should not exist in a free nation. Good cops are probably becoming aware that they are being included in a growing hatred for their dark counterparts. We all should pray for them, despite their ignorant pride and fruitless intentions.

I'd say, it's a bad time to be an agent of a growing tyrannical establishment.
I think it's very spooky that people allow these civil servants to wear black clothing, weapons and torture devices.

'How do they fight real violent criminals if they don't have any weapons?' When have they ever stopped a crime from happening? 99 percent of their jobs aren't fighting bad guys. They're hiding out in parking lots or dark alleys, waiting on the legal opportunity to extort us and use us as punching bags. I DON'T support or condone the use of violence on ANY human being, but a war being waged on a people has to logically be considered a two way street wouldn't it?

In my opinion, the cops have a MAJOR PR issue on their hands, by simply respecting human God given rights, they could resolve it pretty quickly. But as long as they stand around with mean faces, trigger happy fingers, electrocution devices, and fists anxiously waiting to pound flesh and bone, were not going to make any progress.

The police are simply becoming mentally insane. By design through police force indoctrination. Don't be surprised if these guys find justifiable ways to electrocute your sleeping Grandmother, beat her while she has a stroke and then shoot her for not complying with commands. YES. They are becoming that brain dead.

edit on 25-1-2011 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yeah pretty much every cop turns out corrupt. I never said anything about republicans or muslims thought. Entirely different matter. Those who dont turn out covering for their buddies end up leaving the force.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

When you are interrupting their dreams, prepare to face the consequences. Just like whats going on in Mexico. Many police officers are quitting in large numbers. Perhaps it will happen in the U.S. as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
It's true that good people join police. However it wont take long for them to turn into bad people. They dont necessarily do bad things. However they wont stop the rotten ones in the force from committing crimes. That makes them accessories and just as quilty.

I saw a federal IA type of report that broke it down like this:

20% of LEO will always do the right thing, always tell the truth, no matter what.
10% of LEO are corrupt and will lie, steal, cheat do whatever, if they think it's in their own best personal interests. The rest behave and react according to the actual situation. I have little doubt most cops will lie to protect other cops. Evidence is planted and official reports falsified more often than many naive people would believe possible. Check out that drugwarrant.com website. There was an innocent 80 year old women shot by cops. They tried planting marijuana in her basement to cover their screw up. Eventually the truth came out. Another case where the Atlanta PD set up a sting operation and sent a SWAT team to an optometrists house because he was *gasp* betting on college football games. He was unarmed and some trigger happy cop shot him dead. The cop got suspended for 3 weeks and the police union called the punishment "unduly harsh". The family of the victim won a multimillion dollar lawsuit.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
reply to post by theendisnear69

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

So you support killing cops to "water the tree of liberty"...?

I wonder why people think conspiracy theorists are dangerous...

No, but the cops seem to have no issue with shooting innocents, kids, granparents and pets to take away our liberty...
That's not mentioning the tasers and illegal searches..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I have a feeling those that talk about killing police officers or how they deserve it, would be the first to complain if a victim of a crime and the last to put their OWN lives at risk to save someone else. Words are cheap.

I'm not one of the "lets go hunt cops" crowd but do you really know what you are saying??
In 99.9% of crimes the cops turn up AFTER the event, make a report and then may or may not bother following it up..

Tell me, how many lives have been saved by cops?
How many murders or rapes have been prevented?

I'd say not freakin many because they are too busy busting drivers for a busted tail light..
Way more money in that.....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Can I say ``Titor right again``?
Is this the beginning of the armed part of the civil war Titor said would start in 2011? If it continues... We'll see.

Anyway, IF cops had to die today, I only wished they had died defending the innocent, not dying because they made a stupid move like that case where the guy was in the attic and they knew it.

Sad for their families... for the community, depends if the cops who died were scum or good people.

You know what, cops are legally held responsible for any crimes they commit. Not only in the criminal courts, but also the civilian courts as well.

Are you serious? That's all well in THEORY, but in practice, cops get away with EVERYTHING.

America calls itself ``a nation of laws``... well this is FALSE, you just have to look at what cops, bankers and politicians are getting away with.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I have genuinely never been more disgusted with the ATS community than I am right now. These officers, whose background you know absolutely nothing of, died in the line of duty. And a majority of you simply post about how they had it coming, or how they deserved it. Keyboard balls? I think so. I am certain none of you would have the testicular fortitude to tell a slain officers family that the cop had it coming. Do some officers overstep their boundaries? Of course. But at the same time, aren't some bankers greedy? Aren't some lawyers dishonest? Aren't some doctors disinterested? 99 percent of cops mean no harm. Yet the 1 percent who do wrong receive a vast majority of the media attention. Where are the stories about police saving people, apprehending murders or attempted murders. They aren't posted because feel good stories don't sell. Put yourself in the shoes of an officer. You have to be right 100 percent of the time, or you risk both your life and your career. Could you handle that every day for 25 years?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

I think that as the tyranny of our illegal police force is slowly unveiled, we're going to see more resignations and more violence. For most of us, who are unemployed and destitute, the cops are seen for what they truly represent.

The cops are becoming dangerously psychologically unstable. I treat them the same way I would treat any armed individual, wearing black clothing, loitering about in a car loaded with weapons, ammo and a backseat cage.... I stay away from them.

edit on 25-1-2011 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by awfitz

99 percent of cops mean no harm. Yet the 1 percent who do wrong receive a vast majority of the media attention.

Firstly I'd probably debate that 99% statement but it's not really the point..
The point is, regardless of the percentage, why are the "good cops" not doing their job by stopping the bad cops??

If your "so called" good cops were fair dinkum, I'd expect a lot more prosecutions of cops..FACT..
Turning a blind eye and letting crimes by cops continue is just as BAD as commiting the crime yourself..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Beyond Creation

So you think a free person isn't allowed to protect himself from a threat using the same means their attackers use.

edit on 25-1-2011 by SpectreDC because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join