It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop repeatedly punching a 53 year old woman in the face

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
reply to post by PsykoOps

I agree shooting her would be a bit too far but again brings me back to this again how do you know she wasn't drink driving just because the charges were dropped?

She wasn't drink driving because the charges were dismissed. That's how the system works.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
She may have been "drunk" which sometimes can mean one beer depending on the person.

She could have been running because she knew she would get a DUI for only having a beer.

I'm not sticking up for her, just saying we can't assume she was piss drunk riding the sidewalks.

What I can say, is that the officer was obviously acting out of anger. If the window was down, what was preventing him from (as another member said), turning the car off. Or even simply opening up the door and pulling her out?

So her head was used as a boxing bag and on top of that she was tazered. It's like a pack of wolves that caught a sheep.

I guess I agree with the outcome. Loss of job, charges dropped. He shouldn't work in law enforcement. Maybe a bouncer.
edit on 23-1-2011 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Demand to see a link that says charges were dropped because she wasn't drunk then I will Apolagise and admit i was wrong about the drink drive thing.

Other poster ref brain wash I am not even going to respond to you

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ok let's start a discussion on something else.

Why do you all think the cop did it? What prevoked him?

link   
reply to post by simples

I can't even argue with you... You're so extreme... Unfortunately for you, this isn't the way the law works. That cop broke the law too. You should probably go find him and beat him so he learns his lesson. Who determines what laws require a beating? You say all of them... I actually don't believe you to be honest. If your wife got beaten by an officer for going 5 over the speed limit you would be furious... If not, you have no human compassion. I can just see the conversation... What happened to your face? I got beat for driving 5 over the limit. Well, looks like you learned your lesson.... I'm sure any chick would stick around for all that compassion.

link   
reply to post by simples

Try watching the video. I dont demand your apoligies.
edit on 23/1/2011 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Charges have also been dropped against people that have been on trial for murder when all the evidence points at them so what's your point?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'm done in here bored now no point trying to discuss things with you lot.

Thank god I hear you say

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
this disguists me. The obvious perception of abuse of power is palpable to say the least.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Question:

IF each vechicle manufactured had within it a control system that when activated
1) engaged the brakes and shut down the engine
2) locked the doors and windows

would this be an acceptable form of ending high speed chases, securing violators and alleged criminals inside their vehicles and introducing a new 'protection' barrier between LEO's and Civilians?

OR

Would that also be an infraction against your civil rights?

I have a hard time understanding full out punches to a 58 year old womans head in this situation, even if she was drunk!
It's stupid.
What would
a) keep her foot from tromping down on the gas pedal as officer assjack performed fist surgery to her supposed booze filled head?
b) provide clear proof in any video of professional behavior during the stop, when clearly captain knuckles is wailing away at her head without ANY form of verbal communication and any immediate threat.
c) CLEARLY it's once again overkill, just way over the top, massive adreneline infused reaction, by someone holding power that they should NOT be wielding, shouldnt even be near.

I'd be looking for 'systems' as I mentioned in the beginning of this post to start becoming standard on vehicles soon,
remotely activated, shut you down, lock you in, and then IF the "bad guys" break out windows and continue to engage officers it becomes a different story.
Am I for it?
Nope not at all,
but the idiots on both sides of the issue on this will bring it to a head and something will be done,
once again,
thanks to the idiots !

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

Oh come on.... I feel like you're just backing out because there were points made that you can't defend... If that's the case, at least just say, I was wrong. If that isn't the case, then stick around! That's what these boards are for. It's okay to disagree, it's inevitable. I hope you weren't feeling attacked, as that wasn't my intention. I'm just discussing opposing views with you.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
That officer did use excessive force without a doubt. The woman could have been apprehended without the use of that type of force.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
you shouldn't have told us your a hired gun it explains why you are like this , shoot 1st ask questions later sorry but life isnt always black or white , its irelevant if the woman was drunk because we are talking about the cops action here which i CANNOT defend .
what if the police are looking for a motorist that matched your wife description ? she knows she is not speeding or breaking the law ? what would happen next if your crazy crazy idea of life was in some iota real?
ps care to reflect on what you ignored earlier when i mentioned weak sentances etc or did the brainwash comment activate some trigger that made you forget everythin else

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

So you are saying that it should be ignored ?!? Big deal it was a 53 years old woman !?! Let the police spank everyone who is stupid right .

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

The ghostviking why you gotta het personal about the brainwash thing is this your immaturity or your insecureness?

I don't feel attacked lol look if I'm wrong about the drink driving fine I'm wrong I'm not afraid to say when I'm wrong but it still stands IMO that cops should be like this and to answer another question about a description of a person was giving that is like my wife, well in situations like this you have to use common sense if you can't 100% ID the suspect then the laws we have now have to stand that goes without saying I think.

So basically cops should use force like this but it has to be in hand with common sense

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

Simples,
Are you saying that 'force' responded with, should be equal to 'force' confronted with?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The charges were dismissed because crime is now tried in the media.

If it had been a young black man or a guy in a cowboy hat and pickup then it never would have hit the news.

That is absurd, if they had a breathalyzer and and cognitive test done, they have all the evidence they need to get a quick guilty verdict and it would help to justify the cops actions....but apparently they were not justified. I tell you, if that had been my mother or fiancee, that cop wouldn't be able to rest his head at night.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Your remarks are disgusting and thankfully most Americans are not like you! Unreal! Riight, let's shoot people for minor traffic violations! I should say, 'suspected' traffic violations to boot.

link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I was shocked at this, but as a matter of fact, this is not the first video of police brutality I have seen of late. You asked me to draw my own conclusions. Well, here they are. I think everyone on the road needs to be armed, and if a cop tries that kind of thing, shoot them in the face, drop them right there. A citizen of America has a perfect right to protect themselves from an armed thug, and that is exactly what that cop is, an armed thug. I know there are two kinds of police officers, and only two. There are Peace Officers, charged with keeping the peace, and there are Policy Enforcers. when I get stopped, I always ask , which one are you? It puts them on the defensive. And always ask for a business card, and name and phone number of their surety bondsman. No bond, no armed officer.

link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

No I'm not, I'm saying if your breaking the law the cops should be rough with you.

I'm not saying force for force because if that was the case you could say a person driving a car under the influence is a deadly weapon so you could shoot them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join