It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Cop repeatedly punching a 53 year old woman in the face

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
When a motorist has to be blocked in by police cruisers for a traffic stop, while facing charges including drunk driving, alluding arrest,and assault charges, what do you expect?? ROYAL TREATMENT?!!

A person over 50 years old, should know better. Her NUMEROUS bad decisions caused officers to react in an aggressive way to ensure their own SAFETY.

This is why you FOLLOW THE RULES AND ABIDE BY THE LAWS!!

edit on 23-1-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

So you don't agree with the cops actions but you do agree with shooting him what planet are you on?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Why should people.. when the police officers don't abide by the laws they enforce? Are they above the law, is that what you're saying here?

edit on 23-1-2011 by disfugured because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

I'm not opposed to harsher punishments at all. I can find common ground with you on that point. Where I disagree is where you want the punishment doled out. It should not be in the cops hands to punish based on common sense. Every person has a different amount of common sense and cops giving out physical punishment based on common sense would cause more problems in my opinion. I think it would also cause more people to run from police and be scared of them rather than respect them. I think if there was harsher punishment, it should be given out the same way it is now. Fair trial, determine the punishment. Caught stealing? Jail first time, lose hands for second offense. Please tell me that after seeing another point of view that you can agree that the cops shouldn't give the punishment? If not, I hope you agree at the minimum that it isn't just as simple as giving them the power to use common sense for beatings as you suggest.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Excessive ,yep I think so,if that was his excuse so she wouldn't drive off why did he continue to punch her over and over one punch from a big guy like that would more than do the job,besides she was kind of boxed in so his excuse is quite lame.If he is that afraid of a 58year old woman maybe he shouldn't be a cop!!!shame!shame!shame!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthXninja

Ok I don't agree however I really can see your point, I would quite happily come half way with you and say yes ok let's keep the cops as they are now not dealing punishment only if like you said stealing first offence jail second offence lose a hand and punishments like this should be thought up for every eventuality.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So basically cops should use force like this but it has to be in hand with common sense
a lot dont have common sense , there are numerous incidents like this now what about the people who have been tipped out their wheelchair , a cop smashing the @#$$ out of a bartender, tazering people the list goes what on .

There are more cameras now to record these horrible events yet they seem to happen more ??? are they trying to tell us something ? maybe ,,, imagine a future with a boot stomping on your face for ever .

NWA WERE RIGHT !!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

No I'm not, I'm saying if your breaking the law the cops should be rough with you.

I'm not saying force for force because if that was the case you could say a person driving a car under the influence is a deadly weapon so you could shoot them.

Shouldnt there then be some civility and respect shown upon intial contact to make sure that what youre calling 'rough' doesnt become excessive and then create a new crime itself?
Stern, and Sure does not translate or become permissive to Rough and Violent simply out of 'wanting it to be acceptable', there has to be a NEED to engage at that level and there clearly was not,
the examples can be endless, and you already know that.
Rough, does not mean Right.
I'm not saying cuddle up and handle every situation like pre school day care, but there has to be a balance,
and with the rise in a military type approach to law enforcement there will come a tipping point to where
enforcement becomes incitement and escalation, and the preconcived view of LEO's will degrade to a point of fear and disrespect thus creating a situation prior to any involvement by the citizens that,
'cops are bad theyre all out to get me, dont trust a cop',
and once that saturation point has been reached, once society as a whole retains that view, you will by nature of perceived default enter into a mindset of lawlessness.
One of rebellion prior to engagement, one of perpetual conflict and threat of conflict.
Rough, is not right,
Rough should be reserved,regulated and of a last position to employ.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

I'm sorry but all I can say to that is don't break the law and this wouldn't happen, cops just don't go round doing that with no reason just for a laugh!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
YES BUT GUYS this is the problem no middle ground , extreme eg but if a child has stolen an apple because he is poor he has to either starve to death tomorrow or lose his hand . law is a very tricky thing to balance is it not .

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ok I think we are all going off track a tad, does anybody know what happened previous to this footage was filmed? It might explain why the cop acted like he did?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

I definitely agree that more crimes deserve a harsh punishment. I think the only fair way to do it is with a trial. If it was left up to individual cops, they would all have different opinions on how to handle everything. It's only fair that everyone gets an equal and fair trial of their peers before losing their hands or another extreme punishment. I agree that there would need to be specific harsh punishments set for all offenses that were deemed necessary. Some crimes would not require such harsh punishments which is why it could not be left up to an individual's opinion each time. Cops are not some superior being. They are just people, doing a job. Being a cop doesn't make you any different than being a janitor, computer programmer, etc... If a cop can choose how to punish a criminal, why not anyone else who is wronged?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
YES BUT GUYS this is the problem no middle ground , extreme eg but if a child has stolen an apple because he is poor he has to either starve to death tomorrow or lose his hand . law is a very tricky thing to balance is it not .

Well like I suggested, things remain as they are but the punishments would be harsher rather than just jail time. People aren't scared of jail. It's no different than it is now in regards to children. They aren't tried as adults. A harsh punishment for a child could be time in juvy, boot camp, some hard work... Their minds are young and moldable. If they don't learn their lesson as a child, they might lose their hand as an adult...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

I dont know but theres not many things that would justify his action are there really ? only threat of guns and i only know a few grannies who carry desert eagles so thats unlikely

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Whatnot the chase had been going for miles nearly killing an endless amount of people that would justify it but we don't know what happened previous

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthXninja

your right ninja prison is a joke its a badge of honour to some low lives ,you hear about americans and english that get imprisoned in places like thailand ? They should be like that in our countries places you wouldn't wana visit let alone stay or brag about how gangster you are cos u were on lock diwn lol .

PEACE !!!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

www.deseretnews.com...

here's the article from the newspaper

I smell poop!
Nasty excessive Poop.

edit on 23-1-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
yes but simples in that case if i was the cop i wouldn't wana risk killing the perp (not that im he man lol ) Id rather see him rot in jail for a long time so he can think about what he /she did and the families would feel like justice had been done , you know what i mean ?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples

Whatnot the chase had been going for miles nearly killing an endless amount of people that would justify it but we don't know what happened previous

I think the point is that just because she ran, doesn't justify the beating. Citizens are not allowed to take the law into their own hands. We just aren't. Cops are just citizens and being a cop is just their job like anyone else. They also don't have the right to take the law into their own hands. I know you think they should, but the point is, they don't. They are breaking the law too when they abuse their power. There is a difference between thinking they should be allowed to and actually being allowed to. You must understand that. Even though you want them to have that power, they don't. It kind of contradicts what you are saying about being harsh on people for breaking laws when you are defending other peoples law breaking...
It's just like if someone killed one of your family members. As much as you would want to kill the person that did it, you would be breaking the law if you did. You would go to jail for punishing them yourself and taking the law into your own hands.
edit on 23-1-2011 by stealthXninja because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join