It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the 21st century, why does Freemasonry still discriminate against women ?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
We're in the Aquarian Age now. The Piscean ways are now antiquated, retarded, and too-conservative. Now I'm not condoning degenerate libertinism or lefteousness at all. However we have to understand that ultra-conservatism also leads to degeneration.

Again (see the links in my previous post), the lodges should have listened to Cagliostro when he said that Women should be included in Masonic Lodges.

I hardly call the Order of the Eastern Star a real acceptance of Women into Masonic Lodges. Also, the Order of the Eastern Star often utilizes an inverted pentagram, which is negative.

The Eastern Star should always be Upright, similar to this:

From the first link in my previous post:

"In France, after the revolution, there was a split in the masonic lodges. Some adhered to Cagliostro's Egyptian rite (the right way) which reincorporated a Priestess in their temples. Others (like the idiots that denied Blavatsky) still stuck with their Piscean, foolish ways of excluding the Priestess. They are just like the modern so-called Christians (which are Piscean in nature) that still practice stagnate rituals without a Priestess! If one is to consider the symbolism of the ritual without a Priestess...it is disgusting. Again refer to "The Revolution of Beelzebub" and the "Perfect Matrimony" by Samael Aun Weor for more info regarding this."

edit on 24-2-2011 by Tamahu because: added link

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Mother and grandmother would go to Eastern Star meetings and affiliate events, while Grandfather went to the Masonic events. Sometimes, and I didnt and still dont know why...they went together. All of the females have the
Eastern Star on the tombstones, and next to those...are the males of our family and Masonic emblems on theirs...and all are buried in a Masonic cemetery...which until recently and just before filling-up ....was Masonic and Eastern Star exclusive. It still has those 2 emblem-logos on and at the main gate.

Im not saying I understand any of it, just that our family....everyone...belonged or does belong...to each.
(I know youre thinking this so...Methodist, Baptist, Protestant and in later years...one or 2 Catholics)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
Here is an article from Masonic Info:

I enjoy reading Bro.'. Ed King's Masonic Info website as I find it to be educational and informative, however I find some of the arguments in this essay to be spurious and contradictory. When he states that "people who say that Freemasonry is evil and ought to be destroyed then turn right around and complain that women are not accepted into membership", it suggests that only those who hold such beliefs about the fraternity think that women should be Freemasons and yet later in his essay he discusses the "progressive" Masons who created Adoptive Rite which admitted women under GOdF which clearly did not have any such desire to destroy the Fraternity and indeed have carried the Tradition of mixed gender Freemasonry into the 21st century.

Another argument in favor of mixed Lodges is that "it became clear that a known fact of human interaction might become the downfall of Freemasonry". As if somehow men and women can not possibly work together as Freemasons but are we not taught to subdue or passions, keeping them in due bounds? Also, in his own essay he talks not only of the mixed Lodges but also of the Order of the Eastern Star, which is "different from but philosophically similar and organizationally tied to Freemasonry", which are clear evidence that men and women can work together and have for many, many years.

The argument of Tradition also doesn't hold up as the ancient Freemasons were actual stone Masons and at some point they made a break with this tradition because they wisely saw the benefit of sharing their Fraternity with a larger society. Cultural Traditions must continually develop and evolve or they risk becoming irrelevent in the host community, for example, American Lodges adapted to Prohibition by disallowing alcoholic beverages after their meetings.

Which brings me to Bro.'. King's only viable argument in favor of male only Lodges, that of the sociological need for bonding with one's own gender. It is hard to argue against that, men and women often seek they company of their same gender friends for guys/girls night out. In fact in many tribal cultures there are secret societies of men only or women only who meet to teach the skills, values, and roles of that tribe to the young as they are recognized (initiated) into manhood/womanhood by their elders. It can't be denied that a strong friendship develops between a candidate and their mentor in the Craft and perhaps this is something lost in our society, acceptance or recognition as an upright man by a respected elder.

Formerly, I was a twenty year member of mainstream or "Regular" Freemasonry, who made the decision to dimit from Regular Freemasonry in order to affiliate with a mixed Lodge because I felt it was better aligned with my own ideals. I prefer to meet on the Level, as equals, with Brothers AND Sisters. This decision was very difficult for me to make because I knew that some of my Brethren would no longer see me as a Freemason although I continue to see them as my Brothers and I would fly to their relief if it was asked of me. I do see the benefit of male-only, female-only and mixed gender Lodges. I do believe the day will one day come when all Chartered Lodges will recognize each other as Freemasons but ironically I think that the dawn of that Light will shine last in the U.S.A..

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

Mods, I want to edit this post but it says that I have exceeded the four hour window but I have not...look at the time-stamps.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Ill admit Im unclear as to the real purpose for the Eastern Star, but mom and Granny made it a big deal when I was little. They were a sort of fraternal, and did group events of sorts. Real secretive back then, but I know I was told that "Grandpa has the Masons, and granny and I have the female part: Order of the Eastern Star'

I will delve deeper into my family and the importance of the Eastern Star. I do know as well, they had their equivilent
to the Masonic Heirarcy and ways to move up within the ranks.

Ill reply back at a later time.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
reply to post by iamaperson

In Britain, boys who are scouts are always known as ''boy-scouts''.

It may be different in other countries.

I was a Boy Scout or Brussel Sprout as we were known

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

www.masonic-lodge-of-education.com...
It seems that the staunch opposition to women is a relatively newer idea.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Excerpt from the (translated) minutes of the initation of Maria Deraismes, 14th January 1882

INTRODUCTION

Maria Deraismes was initiated into Lodge Les Libres Penseurs in the Orient of Le Pecq. This Lodge had received and passed the following proposal for initiation:-

"The undersigned, active members of the Lodge Les Libres Penseurs du Pecq, all in possession of the degree of M.'.M.'., propose the initiation of Mademoiselle Maria Deraismes, resident of Paris, of 52, rue de Clichy.

Le Pecq, 25th November 1881"

Upon her inition, the W.'.M.'., W.'. Bro.'. Houbron, spoke.

"Too long, in our opinion, have our mothers, sisters, wives, and daughters been kept away from our meetings, where, people say, mysterious things happen which must remain unapproachable to women. We, however, think that nowadays this exclusion is out of date and is at the same time an insult to them and we have resolved, as far as we are concerned, to bring it to an end. We are impressed with the idea that the natural state of society cannot be effectively improved without the co-operation of women, the first educator of the child, to combat prejudices by abolishing them, to combat them with ethics and through the enlightenment of Freemasonry, is a peaceful way to prepare for social freedom.

The moral aim pursued by the first philosophers of antiquity and which is still pursued by Freemasonry is to realise that the greatest advancement for the benefit of the whole of humanity is to impress upon it first of all the wisdom of the maxim:

'Right thought, right speech, right action.'

Zoroaster, the Persian philosopher, considered of greatest virtue he whose sentiments were upright, who was generous towards all others, whose eyes were not drawn towards wealth and who practised good towards all men.

The precepts of the ancient wisdom, transmitted from age to age, are also those which, like our predecessors, we are upholding and from which arose that inspiring command:

'Love one another.'

They form the true spirit of Freemasonry.

To lift the veil with which Freemasonry has been concealed from the eyes of woman and to invite her to our meetings on a perfectly equal footing, after having initiated her into our mysteries, appeared to us a worthwhile cause, convinced as we are that her intellectual liberation is of such a nature that, through our Institution, she will be guarded against the delusions and prejudices of all kinds that are not only born of ignorance but also encouraged by all sectarian denominations for their own benefit.

We believe that whatever many self-seeking people, together with our opponents, may claim, the intellect of woman matches that of the man and like ourselves, she has the right to take part in the work of Freemasons who are the propagators of progress through the study of practical skills, the sources of all light and truth.

The Freemasons, the Liberal Thinkers, are fortunate, Mademoiselle Deraismes, to be able to confer upon you with esteem the title of 'Sister' today, and we express our thanks to her that she has had the courage to overcome the Masonic barriers and now leaves the way open for the other women who wish to work with us for the common good, herald by intellectual liberation."

NOTE: The complete article has previously appeared in 'Lux Orientis' in 1921, and in 'Hommage a nos Ainés' in 1954.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

The eastern star has some very interesting history. You could go to the local chapter and ask all kinds of questions. Some people might no know how much they can tell you and act secret squirrel like, but if you find a knowledgeable person, you will get a wealth of information. It's all very biblical. And having that many older, I mean experienced women around, there is bound to be some good cooking going on.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Thanks Network dude. Am still unclear why Gr Ma and Ma has stars on their headstones even tho both were inactive members for a long, long time. But it is a Masonic Cemetery.
Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

as long as thy paid their dues, they were still members, or it's even possible to be voted as a lifetime member. (in that case, you no longer have to pay dues) There are members of masonry that go through the degrees and never set foot in the lodge again, while they might forget most of what they learned, as long as they paid their dues, they would be masons until death.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Maybe they want to get away from their wives, ever consider that? They may want to drink beer and light their farts on fire and talk about who has the best ass on tv. Get away from the old battle axe for a bit. I can't help but think of NO MA'AM.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sbc650mike

A Funny comment. Certainly, men enjoy the male bonding experience in regular Freemasonry but the ceremonials of Freemasonry are more dignified than that.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I am a mason, and YES the order of the eastern star is a concordant body of freemasonry and women are certainly allowed to join if they have a family member who is a freemason.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join