It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore - People own guns because they're fearful racists.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
You know I actually used to respect this man for the work he did to expose the corrupt healthcare system but its good to know when a sheep shows his true colors. All he cares about is licking boot to make himself as much money as possible.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I'm sure this has been said already, but I don't have the patience to read though that back-and-forth bickering about Moore.

Guns do not hurt people. NO GUN has even said to any person, "Hey you! Yeah you (insert racist name)! I don't like you or any of your kind. I am going to kill you!" BANG. That does not happen. Guns are tools... to be used as the owner see's fit. Shooting for sport or hunting for food are both legitimate reasons to own a gun. MAYBE I just like to shoot for fun.
MAYBE I DON'T WANT TO BE SCREWED if some criminal, who obviously doesn't care about laws or morals, breaks into my place and tries to kill me or people close to me.

Screw you Michael Moore! You are the biggest douche to ever become a 'popular' face in the media. Glad most people are finally seeing you for the arrogant 'Moore-awn' you truly are!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
reply to post by FlyersFan

because it's our constitutional right

i am sick to death of you people saying this...
who gives two #s, u hang onto this constitution thing and forget everything else
if u didnt have guns youd be better off.
wheres the progress in following something written 200 years ago
"The United States Constitution is the oldest written constitution still in use by any nation in the world"
err that is not a good thing.

you think your country was free when they wrote it??

Gosh, Spanky. Guess that makes the Magna Carta pretty useless, too, hmm? 1215 was almost 800 (that's like an 8 with two zeroes after it!) years ago.

Do you do Christmas? Hope not, since the Bible is quite older still. No use in following that hide-bound howler.

Come to think of it, there's really no form of government you could endure, is there, since Plato and Socrates wrote about democracy and the idea of self-government some 2500 years ago. Ta heck with that old crap, hey, Zero?

Plus, I hope you're never involved in any legal actions, as the Latinate legal glossary — stare decisis, culpa in contrahendo, pacta sunt servanda, exempli gratia (that's a Latin joke, there) - also pre-date by centuries any modern or even Enightenment-era political thought.

Hell, justice at all is something you probably can't stand, is it, since the Code of Hammurabi, widely recognized as the very first (at least, the first remaining) written legal code, dates back almost 4000 years! But hey, it's so OLD . . . anything there should just be thrown out, right, Einstein?

(/sarcasm)

Our country was not free when the Constitution was written, and that's the point. It was in the hands of a tyrannical and nutty monarch, whose power had absolutely nothing to do with being chosen from among the people. The Constitution and the Bill of Rights were written when imperialism and classist superiority were as common as breathing and falling down. They were written during a time when the belief was that some people were born into privilege and wealth and some weren't, and those that weren't either accepted it or died. Golly, sports fans, who'd ever want to change that?

The governmental system constructed in the Constitution has been the model for all political progress made in the last 200+ years (with varying degrees of success, depending, including us.) Without it, you'd still be wallowing in muck out on His Lordship's peat bog someplace, Junior. Its lineage dates back to the writings and ideas mentioned earlier - you might want to google them if you can spell "google" - and was the end-product of dozens of Enightenment writers' and philosophers' ideas. But that stuff has big wurds, so yu prolly cant eat dem, huh?

Bozos like Michael Moore-oon are simple rabble-rousers who prey on low-IQ illiterates whose minds are so empty they can only go with what somebody tells them is making them mad. Sound familiar?

So step away from the crack pipe, Georgie, pull the greasy purple hair out of your bloodshot eye and start paying attention in class. Ignorant people are burdensome, especially when you type. If things keep going your way, you'll soon be chained to a s#!+wagon along with your other spikey-neck pallies, earning your moldy bread and stumpwater by not dying. Kinda like it was before this Constitution thing happened.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Anyone else find it ironic that he uses his own made-up stereotype to condemn people who stereotype others?

Why are people some people so scared of guns? They're inanimate objects- they can't think, they can't act, they can't load themselves, they can't do anything by themselves. Take a gun from a criminal, he arms himself with something else. That something else can be a bow or crossbow, which also releases a very fast projectile and can be accurate out to 40 yards or more. People can also train themselves to throw knives accurately. You can't prevent those intent on doing harm from doing it. Even sticks can be sharpened into spears. The determined mind will find a way to achieve what it's intent on achieving.

People fear guns because they don't know anything about them. In an interesting turn of events, regarding the topic of this thread, it's the people who fear guns who are more like racists. The fear something they don't understand and are unwilling to learn about- just like racists do. So, just ignore Moore and others who share his belief- they're just ignorant and using the same logic as ignorant racists.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

"The more of us solid citizens that own guns, the more careful the gov't is about taking away our liberties." Well so far various liberties have been taken away... And more liberties are under threat.

Anyway Michael Moore should seriously consider carrying a gun for himself given the edxtreme dislike of the man. I am left of centre and find his comment stupid.

Let me get this right you are advocating that in the US if you dislike someones views you can go out and shoot them and if they die it is their fault for not carrying a gun to protect themsleves.

This situation is embedded in the constitution! Wow a constitution to be admired......NOT! Your constitution was written over 200 years ago I suspect things have changed slightly since then. These kind of documents are a basis to be built upon not rigidly applied forever. Imagine the British behaving the same and rigidly applying all clauses in the Magna Carta........we would be a laughing stock. Jesus even the folks who wrote the original Magna Carta re-wrote parts of it once we stopped fighting the French!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by corquando

The person you are replying to has an above-average command of the English language for an anti-gunner.

We are supposed to be so wracked with liberal guilt for the poor minorities that we need to turn in all our guns to make them feel better. What's ironic is that when I go shooting, I usually go with two other people - an african-american guy and a chinese-american guy. I suppose they don't realize how racist I secretly am.

Maybe they will take heed of Michael Moore, a big fat white guy himself, and realize that this is all part of a dastardly plan of mine to secretly shoot them after spending years gaining their friendship and trust at the shooting range.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I swear to GOD all these gun posts over the last few weeks are beginning to drive me crazy. It never ceases to amaze me how people (usually ignorant people who are always looking for an excuse) find ways to blame guns for everything.

Kids shoot up a school. Instead of blaming the parents and their incompetence( it's NOT difficult, I repeat its NOT difficult, I repeat it is NOT difficult, I repeat it is NOT difficult to lock up your guns so that your kids can't get to them), anti gun idiots start to blame the legality of guns, which is the EASY thing to do. Pointing your fat fingers in blame is not hard. What is hard is

Is it really too hard to comprehend that only LAW abiding citizens buy their guns from a GUN SHOP. You anti-gun spouting morons have such simple, slow minds that you really BELIEVE if this country made guns illegal that criminals still wouldn't have them? It's called a BLACK market you pea brained sheeple. Criminals will find a way to acquire their guns REGARDLESS if they are legal or not, and the only ones who will suffer will be the law abiding citizens.

Stop being so damn lazy and stop ignoring the real problem: US. We are the reason why gun accidents occur and why kids shoot up schools. Maybe if parents were better at being parents then they would talk to their kids more and stop relying on video games to raise them. Maybe if people weren't too stupid or lazy to lock up their guns PROPERLY and not lazily or half assed then kids wouldn't be able to easily acquire them and take them to school.

Guns are never going away in America people, DEAL WITH IT. Stop with your mamby pamby whiny feelings and stop throwing rocks at Americans like myself and MILLIONS of others who cherish our gun rights for many reasons.

Yes, are government is taking away our rights left and right and nobody is doing anything about it, fine. Have armed Americans done anything about it yet? NOT YET, but the time is coming. Don't know when and I don't care, all I know is that it is coming. You can only tread on people for so long before they bite back. Yes, unfortunately we Americans are allowing wayyyyyyyy to much pushing without pushing back, and it's sad, but it will happen.

One day our guns will come to use and all you anti gun bleeding heart babies will wish you had yours. When SHTF and your family home is ransacked by people with guns searching for food and other goods you will wish you had bought yourself a gun to protect yourself and your family. Maybe you will get lucky though and you will be able to "talk" the people with the guns out of taking what you have LOL. When the power grid goes down and supermarkets are no longer open and you and your family are starving guess what? You and your loved ones are going to die. No one is going to take care of you and no one is going to feel sorry for you. Hopefully all of your anti gun statements can feed you then because you won't have a gun to hunt with and acquire food to feed yourself or your family. But I know, that is never going to happen and I'm crazy for thinking it will LOL.

Good luck anti gun peeps. Keep fighting your losing battle and keep thinking you know what's going on. In all reality you aren't hurting anyone but yourselves.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Nice answer from a couch commando. Clean up your house before pointing out the dirt in someone elses.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

I'm sick to death of hypocritical pro-gun threads that consist of post after post of gun nuts screaming "It's to protect our freedoms!!!" when their 'freedoms' are not only being taken away from them on a daily basis, they freaking ASKED for it for crying out loud....***cough***cough****Patriot Act***cough.....

Like I said before, the day I see Americans defending their freedoms with their guns is the day I will eat my words. Unfortunately, that day is likely to never come.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Also, you do realise that man hunted animals for food LONG before guns were invented don't you? Your fearmongering about people without guns starving when TSHTF is a load of nonsense. Anyone with half a brain can make a bow and arrows, or set a trap etc

Nice try though.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

He lost a lot of respect from me for that little pithy bit of meme pushing, what a ridiculous statement, what only Whites own legal guns, there are no white criminals, from fatass to dumbass in one line way to go Mikey.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I personally challenge you to go and make a bow (without aid from the internet and books as they won't be readily available after TSHTF) and make a video of the whole process! I KNOW YOU WON'T AND CAN'T. The process is not nearly as simple as you think.

AND if you think you can do the same with traps, you are mistaken again. Any idea how many pounds of pressure are required to snap the neck or leg of an animal worth catching... such as a deer or a couple squirrels or rabbits? I highly doubt it.

Furthermore, the average person is not going to be able to get close enough to kill an animal with a spear, so that's out of the question on a large scale.

GUNS are the easiest means to take down game large enough to feed a person (other than fishing... but I can't eat fish because I am allergic). Granted, eventually ammunition will dwindle and disappear, but by then maybe people will have learned the proper ways to track, trap, and spear game. Until then, GUNS WIN! Hands down, sorry.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Also, you do realise that man hunted animals for food LONG before guns were invented don't you? Your fearmongering about people without guns starving when TSHTF is a load of nonsense. Anyone with half a brain can make a bow and arrows, or set a trap etc

Nice try though.

Gun rights in America have *NOTHING* to do with hunting.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

I still have the bow and arrows my grandfather taught me to make as a kid. I also remember him showing me how to break a rabbits neck quickly and humanely, and I was surprised how easy it was. Oh and he showed me how to make traps from pits to quick-catches requiring only a bit of twine and a bendy branch. All of this well before the Internet was invented.

Nice try though.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

Read the post I was replying to before you look even more ignorant.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seitler
reply to post by Kryties

I personally challenge you to go and make a bow (without aid from the internet and books as they won't be readily available after TSHTF) and make a video of the whole process! I KNOW YOU WON'T AND CAN'T. The process is not nearly as simple as you think.

AND if you think you can do the same with traps, you are mistaken again. Any idea how many pounds of pressure are required to snap the neck or leg of an animal worth catching... such as a deer or a couple squirrels or rabbits? I highly doubt it.

Furthermore, the average person is not going to be able to get close enough to kill an animal with a spear, so that's out of the question on a large scale.

GUNS are the easiest means to take down game large enough to feed a person (other than fishing... but I can't eat fish because I am allergic). Granted, eventually ammunition will dwindle and disappear, but by then maybe people will have learned the proper ways to track, trap, and spear game. Until then, GUNS WIN! Hands down, sorry.

I wonder how people ever hunted before the invention of guns or the internet. Rocks, sharpened sticks and the ability to outsmart your prey? Yes it takes longer and yes its easier to just aim down a rifle and kill a deer, but its not impossible to hunt without modern weapons.

Humans were created to be able to adapt and survive in their environment. We seem to forget this while we sit in Starbucks and drink our coffee.
edit on 20-1-2011 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Nice try though. [/quot

You sure about all of what you typed? You can just whip up a bow that makes you a predator who's competitive with the pair of guys that might be hunting you with AK-47's? I craft my own flatbows, and kill game with them, yet at the same time, I'm smart enough to know that for self defense, it's sort of like bringing a fart to a #fight, if I had to use it to neutralize a person armed with a firearm: I've been shooting bows recreationally and professionally for many years, far from a novice. Secondly, you should also know that wild game has almost no body fat. If you were to try subsisting on rabbits, squirrels and their rodent ilk, you'd starve eventually, especially in a winter environment. You'd need to kill deer and bears to fill that fat content need. If you truly knew anything about survival, you'd never have made your statement. Part of survival is "economy of motion", which means you get the biggest payoff for the least effort. It's not as easy to survive as you seem to think it is.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You still aren't making the bow though.

Anyway, I'm glad YOU personally will be able to fend for yourself and a few close family members. Any chance you can feed (and teach others) to feed more than 10 people? 20, 50, 100? Think about how many people will be begging for help after the SHTF.

I'm sure you're taking this as a personal attack, but do you honestly believe that the people of the "civilized nations" are going to be able to do this? Hellz to the no! I already know that if something happens, I plan on moving to the wilderness near a location that has a population of people that live off of the land. Maybe I can convince them to teach me a few tricks... but I know how to grow crops on a large scale, so I may be able to trade skilled labor in return for the help. how many people are going to be so lucky?

This is an instance when you need to think about the impact on the population at large, and not just yourself.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

That is absolutely correct. Our founding fathers had enough sense to pen a "big red reset button" into the US Constitution. Either you get this or you don't.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

Hey, jerky-boy... read the post you replied to again. I am not saying anything about history. I am talking about the future. Do you honestly think the TYPICAL and AVERAGE Joe is going to be able to survive like our great-great grandparents did? Or just even our great-grandparents for some people!?

Look... you need to realize that there are people that think chickens show up deep-fried to the local KFCs and beef has always been in the "ground" form. Very few people have ever witnessed a cow being quartered (research if you don't know the term) or have had to help in cutting the head off of a chicken. (That is a bit fun to watch, in a macabre sense of the term fun).

I grew up in the country. I lived on a farm, and lived next to a small-time rancher/butcher in PA. I know what I am talking about here. These things are NOT as easy and pleasant as you would like to believe.
edit on 1/20/2011 by Seitler because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join