It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore - People own guns because they're fearful racists.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I find it curious that so many people revile and condemn folks like me for owning a gun or guns.
Nobody sees my weapons. I don't take them out to show people. I don't carry them down the street or display them in the open. I doubt most people I know even are aware that I have a gun. I have never used a gun to threaten anyone or to endanger anothers safety. I'm very responsible with firearms. It's simply the way things are.

But,

....for some strange reason I'm always seeing someone in public, on tv or in a forum like this, who has never met me and knows nothing about me, tell me why I'm such a sick twisted loser for owning a gun.

Is it jealousy masquerading as moral superiority?
Is it an actual belief that a person with a gun is mentally unstable?
Is it an absolute ignorance of the fact that my life hundreds or even thousands of miles away may be different than somebody elses life?

Quite honestly, I'm glad some of these anti gunners don't have any guns. They don't seem to have the ability to control their own emotions and many of them come off as much more unstable than the local "Gun Nuts".

Blind hatred of something you don't understand is neither enlightened nor superior.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
*that's the title of the article.
Weapons or politics?? Kinda both so I'm not sure where to put it.

Video of him speaking is found here -
Michael Moore - people own guns because they're fearful racists

Appearing on MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow Show, liberal filmmaker Michael Moore expressed his bewilderment as to why the United States is such a “violent” country and wondered aloud why anyone would want to own a gun. According to Moore, people only own guns because they’re racist and “afraid” of “people of color.”

More of the clip - www.youtube.com...

My response -
The race card is SOOOOO tiresome. His far left anti-gun bias is SOOOOO devoid of facts. And this carries into everything this fella does. We, and all the gun owners we know, own them for self protection and because it's our constitutional right. One family we know owns them for hunting. The more of us solid citizens that own guns, the more careful the gov't is about taking away our liberties. Gun rights is our protection from the government, as well as protection from 'the bad guys' who come in all sorts of shapes and colors.

Michael Moore .. your comment is

to Mr.Moore i say the words of my personal quote... I don't hate everyone because of their race or color, I hate them because I hate them. so if you own a gun you are racist and scared of people, then what is a knife

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I didn't even read the post.
I just wanted to say that i'd like to see Michael Moore bash the Russian,Cuban and Chinese government instead of the American,wich is the latest trend.If someone agrees with me,say it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Sorry Mike, but your wrong on this one.

Americans like their guns because of the sick addiction to watching someone die/suffer.. that or they like the testosterone flowing when they know they could end someone’s life, if.... they..... wanted....... too!

These school kids shooting up other kids in the playground, their parents should be put on trial too.

edit on 19-1-2011 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

Yep and everyone from Australia wrestles crocodiles, has no teeth and is illiterate. See I can generalize too.
I have guns because I like to shoot, and enjoy knowing that I can protect my family. People that are against firearms are in one of two categories. 1.) They are afraid of them and the power they command. 2.) They live in a country where they are restricted and envy US freedoms.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Yeah, but most jackaroo australian's do that mate..

You can protect your family with a baseball bat and good locks on the door, you don't need a semi automatic or a shotgun. Also, Afraid of them and the power they command? im not afraid of guns, and I know how to handle them. I spent months training and shooting the F88 Austeyr & F89A1 Minimi.. but I do not envy US Freedoms either..

Maybe I'm just someone who believes if society doesn't allow guns, you'd have less people being killed by guns.

call me stupid, but it sounds pretty logical to me.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Moores just looking for a new film is all. hey, its capitalism at its finest, at least the mans making money where there is none.

as far as the gun? I personally think stupid people shouldn't have guns. as far as responsible gun possessors? sure! just don't be dumb and you're good to go

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I didn't read all the posts, but let me guess:
Blacks that own guns - not racist
Hispanics that own guns - not racist
Jews that own guns - not racist
Whites that own guns - RACIST!
*Sigh*

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

You ever take on someone with a bat that has a gun on you? I am guessing the answer is no because your here typing nonsense. Locks are meant to be defeated and are very easy to bypass. You cannot make a house that I cannot get into on a typical budget. Your argument that there is no place in society for guns is moot. It does not matter what form of weapon you remove there will forever be criminals and other weapons. Stay armed because I don't think the criminals will be willingly giving up their professions any time soon.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
Moores just looking for a new film is all. hey, its capitalism at its finest, at least the mans making money where there is none.

as far as the gun? I personally think stupid people shouldn't have guns. as far as responsible gun possessors? sure! just don't be dumb and you're good to go

I think personally he should worry more about fast food issues than gun control - but that is just me.

I agree he's after so free publicity; there are professional ladies who do this with a provocative dress (I forget what they are called.) - I have more respect for their profession than his though at least they have a product to sell and not some BS.

I carried a gun for 24 years as a Soldier I am not about to give that right up at this point.

As a retired Army Officer from Special Forces I think I am more than qualified to safely carry and use a firearm and have the judgment on when to use it – glad the Sheriff agrees and allows me to carry concealed.

I could still carry open in Missouri as it is an open carry state. Meaning I don’t need anyone’s ‘permission to carry a visible loaded firearm in my car or on my person anytime I want. It’s still America here apparently.

I have taken a life it is not something I itch to do again - ask anyone who has I dare say unless they are psychotic it haunts them at night regardless of the legitimacy of the engagement or circumstances.

However, I carry a weapon every day with me for lots of reasons:
1) To protect me and my family from harm by others
2) To protect my property from others (yes, In Missouri I have the right to use deadly force to protect my property – one of the reasons I chose to live here.)
3) To protect me, my family and my animals from snakes, or other harmful wildlife
4) To protect the rights of others should I be witness to a crime
5) To end the suffering of any fatally injured wildlife oe livestock in pain or distress
6) Because I still can…

I also took an oath and I still believe in that; I will die before I give up the only hedge I have against tyranny.

We are getting perilously close to my personal tipping point between words and actions - I hope we do not continue down this path.

I am a proud member of: Oath Keepers

We need no fear our own Soldiers either I know many who believe as I do and will not follow any order to enforce martial law.

To fat-fatty I have to say - take your crap elsewhere to sell...

edit on 19/1/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/1/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Micheal Moore is a whiny, fat man who apparently believes the government will save you from violent folks who mean you harm. BTW, I live in New Orleans. The very large majority of gun owners here are black. And most of the people they kill(frequently) are also black. Where does that fit in his equation? I walk around this potentially dangerous city all the time, most of the time without fear, because I always try to be aware of my environment. But if you don't have a gun in your home in this town, I have to question your rationality. A friend had a home break-in & burglary WHILE SHE WAS HOME! She wasn't personally injured but she was violated & hasn't felt safe since. A simple CLICK--CLICK of a shotgun being loaded probably would have been enough to send them looking for easier prey. Don't be a victim.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
moore has some good things to say but he can be dead wrong on some of his topics. i own guns because i like to make things go bang, hunt, and for home protection from other people that are crazier than i am. im not racist. that simple...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

as a responsible parent i'd never have a gun in the house where my child sleeps.

allowing guns in America are what have led to constant school shootings in which your kids are being slain.

... and the answers more guns?

hell with it, lets assign each baby a pistol on their first birthday, kind of like a booster shot or allergy test eh ?

yanks and their guns.. it's sometimes so clear to the rest of the world why there are races, religions and nations that want to wipe you of the earth..

guns have a place in society, in the holsters of the police, army and security guards.
purely so they can defeat the crooks.

If you start allowing every tom, dick and harry allowances to arm himself for WW3, you'll enevitabley end up with common people turning into criminals.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I'm not worrying about Moores grand standing. he can barely pull his own pecker let along pulling enough people together to ever form any allegiance.

I was born with a gun in my hand and will most likely leave with it

no worries

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChopas a responsible parent i'd never have a gun in the house where my child sleeps.

Why will the gun do something evil during the night - might it sprout legs and walk off to commit crime?

I am a responsible parent and quite the contrary I have taught my kid to safely use the weapons in the house; several of which are positioned in strategic places and loaded at all times. We live rural and its 45 min for the law to come here - long time to wait if you are being raped or assaulted. She knows what a gun is for and how to use them and where to shoot a person - good little shot too got her first turkey this year. She's 13.

Originally posted by Agit8dChopIf you start allowing every tom, dick and harry allowances to arm himself for WW3, you'll enevitabley end up with common people turning into criminals.

Actually the opposite is true - here in the state the places with the least restrictions on ownership and use (meaning the no retreat clause of the law) have the lowest rates of violent crime.

Criminals prey on the weak and unarmed - it's just like politics and the jungle weakness attracts aggression not compassion.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

No, but your child might like to see if he's as strong and brave as any one of his TV hero's!
Hell, you might get drunk one night and think bringing it out to show your buddies is a good idea.
Who knows..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
We, and all the gun owners we know, own them for self protection and because it's our constitutional right. One family we know owns them for hunting. The more of us solid citizens that own guns, the more careful the gov't is about taking away our liberties. Gun rights is our protection from the government, as well as protection from 'the bad guys' who come in all sorts of shapes and colors.

Gun rights have done 0 to protect you from your Gov. Freedom is only a word in US now. The concept is long dead. It's amongst the worst facist countries in the world. Guns lost the fight against big money and political powerplay.
Disclaimer: I love guns. I'd have them if I could. I would love to have them for the fun and sport and maybe few collectables. They however do nothing against the power of governments.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

funny to see these australians ranting about guns after they basically acted like pussies in letting their government take theirs.

Complete bollocks. We gladly gave them our guns because we saw the potential of what they could be used for in the wrong hands - aka the Port Arthur massacre.

BTW you're acting like we have gun-toting idiots everywhere because us 'pussies' gave up our rights to 'defend ourselves'......let me just look out the window and see if I can spot some of these gun-toting maniacs you reckon are everywhere down here.....wait a sec.......hmmm........still looking.........nope cant see any. I feel safer here in Australia than I would going to your country and facing the threat of everyone owning a gun and some mentally disturbed person deciding to go on a rampage.........

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Americans like their guns because of the sick addiction to watching someone die/suffer

That is absolutely untrue.

Prove it - oh you can't, simply because the evidence speaks otherwise.

Ever noticed how it ONLY the Americans whinging about gun rights? You don't hear ANY OTHER PERSON from ANY OTHER NATION ON EARTH whinging and moaning about "Give us our them there darn guns so we can go shoot some stuff and talk about protecting ourselves from tyrannical governments but never actually have the balls to stand up to them......."

Hypocrites.
edit on 20/1/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The day that I see the American people proving that their word is true and they actually DO use guns to fight against a tyrannical government who is actively ripping their freedoms from them - that will be the day I eat my words about Americans and their guns.

Until that day arrives I will stick to my view that gun rights advocates are just a bunch of hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

And how is that working out for you so far?

Did your guns protect you from the Patriot Act? And every other law passed since then that destroys freedom?

Thank you so very much for pointing out the harm that the Patriot Act has done to the freedom of all Americans.
We as Americans need to get rid of the Patriot Act.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join