It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore - People own guns because they're fearful racists.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

While there was a point where "subhuman" was used as a racist concept, that time in America is in our past. We have pop culture icons like CHUD to give us a definition of "subhuman".

i think he is referring to "subhuman" in the context of the movie "CHUD", expressing his disdain for the man.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Very compelling argument on this video.Title of video is below.

Gun Owners are SCUM.Take their Guns! NOW!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

That's horse#. I merely pointed out what a fat hypocrite Moore is by owning guns himself. Somebody needs to divorce their Modly duties from their own personal opinions.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Haven't read every page, no need too as I'm sure at least a few MM apologists are on here, trolls are on here, gung ho rednecks are on here, and sensible law abiding gun owners are on here. However, quick question, why does anyone care what this pos thinks, and who thinks he's even relevant?.....His opinion is of no greater worth than anyone elses, he's just a liberal with a stage.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I own firearms for the specific reason to defend myself from those who wish to take my freedom away and force me to live in a fascist theocracy. These people are commonly known as TEA Partiers. In my opinion they are the real threat to this country.

edit on 3/13/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Home invasion, is in itself not a crime in many states. Many states often put such on different level of category. If you look at it from the types of crimes that happen in different categories, that would and do happen in a home, the number goes much higher. The actual statistics for the US, as put out, can be reviewed here: www.disastercenter.com...
It breaks it down by type, and a part occurs in the home. So while the argument may have some validity, the question should be asked, is the reason for low gun crime rates in areas where everyone has a gun, is it cause everyone has a gun, or access to one, or is it cause the people there are law abiding citizens, not breaking any laws? While the topic of gun control is a major topic, and a hot one at that, we can not allow for fear to rule and run out lives. Guns will not kill a person, if you put a gun down, 99% of the time it will not go off by itself, it is not alive, has no feelings. Like any piece of equipment, it requires upkeep, and care, as well as, responsibility of ownership and usage. The statistics for such are as follows:
In 2007, 41,059 people were killed in auto accidents or where autos are a cause of such, compared to 35,198 people who were killed due to guns being involved. So which is more dangerous, a car or a gun?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
To Clarify the differences between gun ownership in America and Canada from a Canadian gun owner himself. I've read quite a bit of nonsense in this thread regarding this issue.

The two countries are VASTLY different in terms of gun ownership. In Canada when a person turns 18 they may apply for what is called an FAC (Firearms Acquisition Certificate) They CANNOT just walk into a sporting goods store, fill out some documentation and purchase firearms at will, there is a lengthy process in acquiring an FAC. Keep in mind this is in regards to long guns (rifles and shotguns) Handguns are a completely different ball game.

The first process in acquiring an FAC in Canada is attending a mandatory firearms training course, this usually takes place over a weekend. You are then given an exam in the handling, storage and safety practices of owning a firearm. This is actually a very good law because the last thing the public wants is stupid uneducated people handling firearms. Guns are dangerous and need to be respected, they aren't toys. After you pass this course and examination, you may then apply for your FAC. You need what are called sponsors, signatures by people in high places like doctors affirming your good citizenship standing and mental state of mind. All this is sent off to Ottawa where they decide if you are a good enough citizen to own a firearm or not. In some cases, law enforcement may question neighbours and friends regardijng your FAC request. They will ask questions regarding mental state, behavioural tendencies, etc.

When you finally do get your FAC you may then go to a sporting goods store and buy your little .22 rifle to shoot pop cans at the cottage on weekends. You then, under previous silly liberal party gun amendment laws, must register your firearm. This registry part is where it gets quite dumb and pointless seeing that criminals won't be registering their illegal firearms anytime soon and that 95% of all gun crimes in Canada are committed using firearms obtained on the black market or that have been stolen from legitimate gun owners. The serial number, make and model of your long gun is kept in a vast database where local police have access to the information. If police attend your property, the first thing they see on the computer is that guns are in the house. Police may call in SWAT (ETF here in Canada) to handle the situation even if it's just a simple argument with your girlfriend.

Hand gun ownership in Canada has basically been null and voided by the limp wristed pathetic special interest groups in this country over the last 30 years. Even with strict hand gun laws, criminals still off each other in large numbers every weekend locally here in Toronto, it's pretty funny to see actually because it's mainly one group of people who are doing it. To aquire a hand gun, you must go through the same process as the above mentioned, but you MUST have a reason for owning a hand gun, this 80% of the time is job related, mainly armed guards, fish and wildlife enforcement, etc. If you do actually manage to get a hand gun license for sporting use, it must be kept at a local shooting range, never in your own home as far as I know. When transporting that handgun, you must call police ahead of time and let them know where and when you are traveling with it.

Hope that clears things up.
edit on 13-3-2011 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2011 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

The problem in the US is that we cannot have a serious discusion about guns W/O someone getting red in the face and screeming at the top of their lungs the 2nd amendment.

It's so bad that even existing gun laws can't be enforced W/O one of these groups throwing a temper tantrum.

Then if an incedent does happen, these same groups flip out and think that "Da gubermint iz gunna take der gunz away!"

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join