It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore - People own guns because they're fearful racists.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The far left loons like Michael Moore want to make it an issue and are exetremely arrogant with thier behavoir.Michael Moore has to be one of the most absurd liberals I have ever seen.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
How much dumber can some of these liberals possibly get.Somehow we are the most violent nation in the world that ever existed which tries to stop violence.Give the most to the world to help solve the problems.Sacrifice the most,have the best economy in the world.Help the muslims and the jews when they are being murdered,we stop ruthless dictators from getting out of control.We do more to help when natural disasters happen than anyone else.Michael Moore gets worse and worse with His crap.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This video is my answer

Guns are awesome. You can shoot them in the air for fun. You can hunt with them. They can save your butt from bears or burglars. You can do target practice games. Shooting is an olympic sport. They make any movie they appear in at least marginally better. Even the really awful B movies can be mildly entertaining if there is a gun battle.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

My only comment is that its clearly a miracle that an idiot like Michael Moore could be highly regarded in any way. There have got to be hundreds of people who've done similar documentaries to hardly get any attention at all. I can only figure he must be in some kind of secret society that helped his low-grade nonsense come to some point of achievement.

I'm happy for him that despite being a complete idiot he is a millionaire. Its a rare feat of luck and I congratulate him sincerely for that.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I wouldn't describe myself as a liberal, but plenty of other people would. I care about the environment. I support gay rights. I want universal health care, an end to the "Global War on Terror", and a guaranteed living wage. And you know what? I also own guns- several of them. It's really annoying to see all of the sloppy stereotypes that get thrown around on a board that supposedly promotes critical thinking. Not everyone with a left-leaning political ideology hates guns.

And to all of you who keep quoting the Constitution, and saying that it gives you the right to own a gun-- NO IT DOESN'T! The Constitution is a piece of paper. It didn't give you jack shiat, and neither did the people who wrote it. You don't seem to understand what a RIGHT is. A right is something that is natural and inherent, "granted by God" if you believe in that sort of thing. So do you have a right to own a gun? Of course you do. Every living being has a right to defend itself, and in modern human society, that may mean owning a gun. But the Constitution didn't GIVE you that right. The Constitution says that the government has a duty to protect your rights... because they are YOUR RIGHTS, not a privilege given to you by a piece of paper.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by operatorkos
I wouldn't describe myself as a liberal, but plenty of other people would. I care about the environment. I support gay rights. I want universal health care, an end to the "Global War on Terror", and a guaranteed living wage. And you know what? I also own guns- several of them. It's really annoying to see all of the sloppy stereotypes that get thrown around on a board that supposedly promotes critical thinking. Not everyone with a left-leaning political ideology hates guns.

I care about the environment and have participated in 2 groups concerning it for years, want appropriate healthcare ( not obamacare) and serious healthcare reform, I want a workable welfare for elderly and ill with none for able bodied men and women who should be employed by the state ( or something new I have ideas about) rather than sitting on their as for a check and benefits, I want our soldiers to stop being misused and killed in unjust wars with battle plans that are absurd to begin with.. and maintain a standing military ( id love it if we pulled out of every country we are in right now fighting and close all of our bases in most other countries, I want our borders sealed and illegals thrown out and put to the back of the line on immigration ( I hae a cure for anchor babies too! ) , I want rights for gays and some form of union guaranteeing them the same rights as heterosexuals,I want racial equality that means even application of the law for all races and the right to express racial pride without being called a racist, I want people to be able to call BS without being penalized concerning this PC gone mad nonsense, I demand a wage that is appropriate to cost of living, higher minimum wage,... I own guns, believe fully in the right to bear arms, demand personal accountability rather than blame when someone misuses firearms..... and many more mixed bag of both liberal and conservative views...
.....and I was a young republican through out 8 yrs of college, became a very active republican in my adult life, woke up to the BS that left and right are THE SAME and became a libertarian minded constitutionalist sorta person with no real label or party affiliation in my 40's. Oh yeah, I liked clinton ( kinda) and ross perot( kinda) too.. I hated both Obama, McCain and Palin

If people want o be pidgeon-holed let them. If people want to stereotype let them. It only shows that they have no concept of being able to think freely and not tow a party line.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by isitjustme

I liked the first way you put it myself.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Man i completely agree with you. Michael Moore has really shown his true colors since he fell from the lime light. I really wish he would just go away now.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by fianna

Man i completely agree with you. Michael Moore has really shown his true colors since he fell from the lime light. I really wish he would just go away now.

I really dont know anyone personally who ever liked him..though Ive seen a following online of his. I too wish he would just go away.. his 15 min ended a LONG time ago..

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I'm all for the people on the left disarming themselves, I think it's great! More Please

edit on 20-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: sp

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssenSieMich
I'm all for the people on the left disarming themselves, I think it's great! More Please

edit on 20-1-2011 by EssenSieMich because: sp

Reasons why I would never ever move to your backward country Part 1.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Sigh. Haters gunna hate. Why is this even news worthy? No man makes a statement so dumb. It just proves that he is bought. Which was already known.

And just to let him know, I personally find the contrast between sunlight on black skin beautiful. The face in my head for a robber is honestly a redneck retard on the rare occasion it gives the image a face. Otherwise, it can be anybody. And I am white. I can assure you I have seen blacks do bad things were I live. But my mind does not really have a generic image of anybody. And to state that I do is honestly offensive.
edit on 20-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Oh dear.

I used to like the guy, but he's way off on this one.

He really does like to simplify things to the most ridiculous degree doesn't he? Of all the people who should know this isn't that simple, it should be him. Did he not learn ANYTHING from his own research before making the documentary Bowling For Columbine?

It's like he's just trolling America these days.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
While I heavily dislike Mr. Moore if I may play devils advocate for a second I will say that although I'm sure he was speaking on part of the caucasians, Lets not forget this could easily be interpreted as all races fearing all other races and while I doubt that he is smart and open minded enough to think in this matter, That is where my brain took it. However being of Caucasian and African American descent could have a large part for that. Anyone else take it that way?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

If you view self defense as backwards, there's plenty ... oh wait never mind. There's no nation that's existed without some form of self defense.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Sorry Mike, but your wrong on this one.

Americans like their guns because of the sick addiction to watching someone die/suffer.. that or they like the testosterone flowing when they know they could end someone’s life, if.... they..... wanted....... too!

These school kids shooting up other kids in the playground, their parents should be put on trial too.

edit on 19-1-2011 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

Tragically (stupidly?) funny to see these australians ranting about guns after they basically acted like pussies in letting their government take theirs. Misery loves company, so now they want others to join them in their emasculated, non-defensible world.

Oh, and you've gotta love hearing this. The australian government only collected about 640,000 of the estimated 3.5 million guns owned by australians. You know what that means ...
Now only the criminals have guns in australia!

source

At the end of the buyback (31 Aug 98), Australia had paid $320M (Australian) for 643,726 firearms—only about 1/3 of the 1.5 million authorities expected to collect of their estimated 3.5 million total stock of firearms (which was only a small part of the actual stock). Don't forget the additional administrative costs of running the program. There were also some reported irregularities—like officials being cooperative in identifying firearms as prohibited ones when they weren't, and police departments selling their old firearms even multiple times.

Since the criminals have the guns and the average citizen can no longer defend themselves, this next article also says a lot about what the australian gun ban has accomplished.

source

In 2002 -- five years after enacting its gun ban -- the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime. In fact, the percent of murders committed with a firearm was the highest it had ever been in 2006 (16.3 percent), says the D.C. Examiner.

Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:

In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.

edit on 1/19/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)[/edit

Gotta agree with that,we never had that much gun crime to begin with,the government used a nut job that killed 35 people at Port Arthur as an excuse to introduce very strict gun control, the sad fact is it's easer to obtain an illegal firearm here than it is a legal one,i went the legal route,no semi auto's ,no pump action shotguns (but pump action rifle's are ok),

In my state if some one broke into my house to do my family harm armed with a knife, and i dared point one of my guns at them i would be in trouble,if i shot them i would be in deep poo,in some Australian states saying you feared for your life is an excuse to shoot an intruder,as long as its in the front of the body,not in their back as their running away (fair enough to) New Zealand has very relaxed gun laws and a very low gun crime rate,hell their police don't even carry guns,

And yes MM is a stupid fool!

edit on 20/1/2011 by Travlla because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

It's all about perception, and it's all about how one utilizes that perception and tempers words and sentences in such a way that they can thoughtlessly express their own bias. Words can be powerful.

But unfortunately in the mouths of idiots, supposing Michael Moore really did call people who own guns pansy racists, the only thing that those words reveal are the idiot's true colors and ignorance. Whenever the intelligent Michael Moore says stuff like that, a layer of his respectability and credibility as an intellectual is removed. And I don't think he has many layers left.
edit on 20-1-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The second amendment clearly informs that it is in the interest of the people's defense from outside threats and government tyranny to not take away their right of owning a gun. Next, comes the argument, 'well the government has taken away many of our other liberties that guns do not protect.' However, when you further think about this issue, most of these laws that have taken our freedoms are with intent to give the authorities a search warrant and seize one's home and assets. THAT is where the gun comes in to play. Just think Nazi.

It's unfortunate that anyone needs or uses a gun, but it is what's necessary in times like these. As long as the people are divided against each other by 'higher powers,' the true meaning of the second amendment will never be understood and there will always be argument.
It's people vs. government. Question everything they say.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by Kryties

I agree no one should have guns, but in london, its the people you should be afriad off, that have them. Glad they are not legal here, and i would not want one, even if they where.

SIck things.

Yeah, it's not good to have a gun and the ability to defend yourself against the criminal types. Best to cower in your flat.

What's sick is the attitude that you have. A mere object like a gun isn't "sick" at all, and in fact guns like cars or hammers or dogs or airplanes, can be used for good or evil.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
It's how he makes money, mixes a little truth with a lot of lies. He finds an issue that is contraversial and does a documentary on it to stir things up. It's part of the bigger picture of having one group against another. The reason most people I know own guns is hunting, it's deer season now people that don't hunt don't understand.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join