It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore - People own guns because they're fearful racists.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Moore was pressed from the exact same mold as Rosie O'Donnell, Whoopi Goldberg, and Janeane Garofalo. They're smug, impudent creeps who think they are all-wise and all-knowing, and despise anyone who would even presume to have a difference of opinion. They claim to be liberal, yet they are in fact the most close-minded idiots I've ever had the displeasure of having to watch for 5 seconds while desperately grasping for the remote control to change the channel, my stomach turning all the while.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

I'm talking about private citizens owning guns, I thought that was obvious.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

No. That is the EASY way out - and you most likely didn't read everything I wrote - so go back an read it instead of reading the last line of my post.
and BTW:

Law enforcement and anti-crime activists regularly claim that the United States tops the charts in most crime-rate categories, but a new international study says that America's former master -- Great Britain -- has much higher levels of crime.

and

The International Crime Victims Survey, conducted by Leiden University in Holland, found that England and Wales ranked second overall in violent crime among industrialized nations.

and

After Australia and England and Wales, the highest prevalence of crime was in Holland (25 percent), Sweden (25 percent) and Canada (24 percent). The United States, despite its high murder rate, was among the middle ranking countries with a 21 percent victimization rate," the London Telegraph said

Go get some guns.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

The Islamists are winning in the UK. A man was arrested for burning a Quran in Carlisle, apparently. I was just on another thread where the guy posted that. YET, if the Islamists burn a "Holy Bible" they are just told to go away. Where is the justice there? Yeah, let the rest of the world bow to Islam... I am starting to see a MAJOR similarity between Islam and Communism. "Do what we want or die." is basically what they are saying.

Americans having guns will prevent other nations from attacking us by land, that much is true. How about through idealogical rhetoric? I think the world is at a point where a choice needs to be made. Do we sit and let terrorist regimes control the masses? The answer... YUP!

To many people are too concerned with being PC with everything that they are allowing other people to control their thoughts.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Seriously the 2nd amendment or gun control debate is one of thoughs extremely annoying things that just distract people from REAL problems. Personaly I'm for guns, don't like 'em? Don't get 'em, simple as that.

Below is my dabate to keep guns, if you don't want to hear my point on it please don't read the rest...

If there was gun control and I wanted a gun I'd just buy them from the black market. Weed is illegal, yet I got projects right behind my house the sell it. EVERYONE at my school knows but no one says anything (because 80% of my school does weed and this isn't even and urban area). Lets take this scenerio with guns. Guns are illegal, projects behind me sell them. Since they're illegal anyways there's no age restriction, just don't get caught.

Alchohol is illegal to thoughs 21 and under, how many teens do you think really follow that law?

Smoking is illegal 18 and under, how many teens listen to that?

All your doing is make the people who don't want to risk being arrested harder to get them. If I wanted to shoot my neighbor and guns were illegal, I have two options.

1) Get my bowie knife and ring their door bell. Have them let me inside when no one else is there and gut them.

Or

2) Do same thing but with a gun. Since its illegal it may take me a bit to get contacts but if you live in an urban area with gang activity there is bound to be some black market gun seller. Ironically its the people in these areas that think gun control is gonna stop someone from pulling the trigger. And Hey! Since Its black market I'll just buy a silencer while I'm at it. It's already illegal to murder, what makes it so diffrent if I have a gun? Gangs already get drugs from smugglers, so I have no doubt they'll get their guns from smugglers.

Hey! Citizens don't have guns! I can rob a store and not worry about the neighbor getting a gun on me. If I find out someone called the cops I bet I got at least 5 mins or more to get away. Unless your dumb enough to rob a store right next to the police station.

Another thing that annoys the hell out of me are when people from some country with gun control post on threads like this saying...

"Oh, we we have gun control here I don't see why American's don't. Cause we Are happy with it and don't have as much crime."

Smart one, Russia has DOUBLE more murders per capita than the USA, and OH MY GOD! THEY HAVE STRICT GUN CONTROL!

One of the reasons for crime in the US is because of the massive gangs and the war on drugs. Gangs compete with each other and are not affraid to litterally KILL the compition. Instead of going after Citizens rights go after the gangs that accually kill people...
edit on 20-1-2011 by Passafist because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by Passafist because: Added more

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

This is an international website with members from all across the globe. Trying to tell me that as a 'foreigner' we don't understand and should therefore not contribute shows not only a complete lack of understanding about the world around you, but also arrogance.

Us 'foreigners' or 'slaves' as you seem to think we are, understand the need for gun control moreso than Americans ever will having never experienced this themselves - to use your logic.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

How is it International? It is based in the US I believe. Just because it is open to people worldwide, does not mean it falls under international laws or thoughts.

This is a US issue, that a worldwide issue.

I really don't see how people from outside the US can inject their opinion on US citizen matters, revolving around freedoms that you don't have nor understand.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
Break into my home while I'm there.
Present a threat to my family or myself and you will die, not be wounded but die.
Invade my country and you will die, not be wounded but die.
Be a part of a government that rises against its people and harms, kills and enslaves them?

And I hold the same belief in those rights for every human on the planet.
Unless your part of the 'bad guys club' you got nothing to worry about,
It's bad guys and good guys,
You want to live in speculative roll the dice someone will save me fantasy land, that's your business,
You want to rely on someone being there to protect you, then I suggest you support and allow that condition to exist.

I have a fire extinguisher too, but I dont plan on using it, but if I need it................it's there !

and

thisguyrighthere
If they don't know and don't care they'd be best served by not sticking their heads in and spouting off uninformed and baseless opinions like "you sick Americans and your guns are evil" crap that's been filling threads lately.

I don't pretend to know a damn thing about another nations history or how the people in that nation should live their lives. I wouldn't do that to a neighbor let alone a nation on the other side of the world.

You could close this thread with those two comments! I believe both of these things to be true myself. I WILL protect myself and my family at all costs.....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If it is International, would someone please come retrieve Michael Moore? The US really does not want him.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You assume I have no respect to foreigners. I never said I hated foreigners nor acted as though they were slaves. You took what I said and took it out of context. My point is its annoying when people make these small posts and don't even add much to support it. It's ussually just a simple line and nothing else.

If they said,

"I don't support gun laws."

Or

"I support gun laws."

I have no problem with that. But they add their country into it and assume just because it works in their country it works other places. What works for the UK won't work as well with the US.

Norways doesn't have many gun control laws, and they have the lowest crime rate the Europe. UK has the highest according to this...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Though I'm not sure exactly how creditable it is. I'll let you decide.
edit on 20-1-2011 by Passafist because: Spelling

edit on 20-1-2011 by Passafist because: Edit

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You know what you know... So stop trying to pretend you are qualified to openly argue rights of Americans against Americans. I understand this is an international site... which is why I specifically stated I won't tell you how I feel your country should be run.

As far as 'slave' go, you are putting words in my mouth with that statement. I own a firearms business, so I understand what laws are in place.

We already have it set that no person convicted of a violent crime is allowed to own a gun. Felons are also not allowed to own a gun, nor do felons have voting rights. We have laws governing what types of weapons can be sold, and what types of licenses are required to bye, sell, own, and carry (open and concealed). I will reiterate that for you: We have gun regulation laws in place already! We are comfortable with our laws as they are now. What we are saying is that we DO NOT want anymore.

Can you understand that? Or are you still going to complain that the USA is not the same as the rest of the world? If that is the case, then realize that is why we, as Americans, are arrogant. Because we stand against the cookie-cutter mold of the rest of the world. Sadly, we are slowly being converted though, because of people like Moore, and a current president who lacks a backbone.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

More American arrogance. So it's ok for your country to play World Police and stick your nose into everyone elses business, yet when one single person from another country wants to have an opinion on America thats not allowed?

At least I've seen your true colours.

Oh and the whole thing about ATS being an international site has been covered extensively by many of the moderator staff on numerous occasions. A simple search will prove my point.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Passafist

I have no problem with that. But they add their country into it and assume just because it works in their country it works other places. What works for the UK won't work as well with the US.

Which is precisely why it is completely illogical to use gun-death statistics from various other countries to prove a point about guns in America, like many in this thread have tried to do.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by macman

More American arrogance. So it's ok for your country to play World Police and stick your nose into everyone elses business, yet when one single person from another country wants to have an opinion on America thats not allowed?

At least I've seen your true colours.

Oh and the whole thing about ATS being an international site has been covered extensively by many of the moderator staff on numerous occasions. A simple search will prove my point.

Woe woe woe.
You think that by linking the US Govt interjection into foreign countries has anything to do with the debate of private gun ownership? Really?
That's your retort? Come on. You make yourself out to be a lot smarter then that. But, I guess that projection is wrong.
I don't control the day to day operations of the Govt. Trust me, if people like me were, things would be better and different.
You follow the steps in Rules for radicals. Attack and deflect.
I don't care what you think or what your country has in regards to gun laws. That is your issue.
This is an issue for the US citizen.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Your putting words into my mouth again with policing the world which is an Entirely diffrent topic. If you want my opinion I believe we should get our troops back home. We have no business in other countries affairs. Our founding farthers even warned us not to get intangled into alliances or mess with other countries affairs.

That's another thing, not just foreigners but even Americans. They assume the choices of the government should decided the personality of its people. I may remind you American's doesn't really elect the President. They are elected by the eletorial college, the popular poll is just there for thoughs in the electorial college to use as judgement.

We do elect senetors and such but most just follow their party more than the country.

And I have no problem with opinions. If you believe in gun control do so, but I'll keep my opinion. It's just you assume all Americans are arrogant with your last post.

This is all I'm saying, cause this is one of thoughs "he said she said" arguments that never end because people have diffrent beliefs (Or someone is jsut trolling). I end my arguement aggreeing to disaggree.

That is all.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Ok, so we end up back at my original point in this thread - being that if you want your gun rights to defend not only against criminals, but also tyrannical government, then why are you not doing so? Your freedoms are being taken from you daily at an accelerated pace and yet nothing is done about it.

I said it before in this thread, if Americans actually put their money where there mouth is and took action against the deprivation of your freedoms, then I will eat my words willingly.
edit on 20/1/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Moore is a clever chap.
Anyone whom riles up government enough to where they have to counter him with lies is doing something right.
I found it sweet when the health care guy apologised to him for lying also to try and discredit his sicko film...hoped moore would forgive him for a blatant character assassination that health care corporatists were told to do in order to supress truth.

In regards to this thread. he never said that actually, however it is implied if you add 1 + 1. the racist aspects seemed unnecessary and detracted from the better question of why in general..getting past the talking points, if you ask some country person why he has a handgun or two in their house, it is indeed a case of fear for breakins, without any clue of the statistics of home invasions in the USA.

I find it ironic that people here on ATS scream against governmental fear tactics to make the people paranoid into reaction, however the same general group will not only support, but help fuel NRA's same marketing scheme sent through neocon nonsense commentary to fear your neighbors.

But whatever...some people are simply toting the company line.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
They're smug, impudent creeps who think they are all-wise and all-knowing, and despise anyone who would even presume to have a difference of opinion.

Interesting. So, what do you think about what he said then in this interview in context to the thread subject?

Isn't it funny how what he said is almost exactly the same reasons given here by pro-gun owners..truth hurts I guess...makes the stomache turn

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by macman

Ok, so we end up back at my original point in this thread - being that if you want your gun rights to defend not only against criminals, but also tyrannical government, then why are you not doing so? Your freedoms are being taken from you daily at an accelerated pace and yet nothing is done about it.

I said it before in this thread, if Americans actually put their money where there mouth is and took action against the deprivation of your freedoms, then I will eat my words willingly.
edit on 20/1/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

Because we believe that the need for armed revolt is the last resort. We believe that we, the voters can still change the issue through the ballot box.
You are tight about or freedoms being taken. I only hope that we don't end up with the same restriction of rights that you have.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Passafist

I was just thinking about the very statement you made while having a cigarette; agree to disagree.

This is truly an issue that is not worth debating with anyone from another country. Its useless to argue in public, since nothing but more anger will come from it.

I will keep an eye on this post for a day or two... but as for actively engaging in anymore talk, I think I will refrain. Its just not worth the frustration. Its like trying to explain to a child why we must pay taxes. We just have to, just like we must continue to have gun rights and FAIR gun control. It is part of being American. Again, something a foreigner just can't understand unless they have lived in this country for more than a few months.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join