It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumbest thing i've read today.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The military are not fighting for my freedoms or to keep me safe, they are the iron fist of a ruthless and corrupt oligarchy...there is nothing moral or righteous about what they are doing or have done in the past many times before. In saying that i know that if there ever was a real and present danger to my freedoms or safety it would be the same men and woman who are fighting tooth and nail against that threat.
edit on 19-1-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

They did get a choice in the what, where and when... it's called not joining the army! Killing under the cloak of war is no different than murder.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
We are all soldiers in the war called life. If you are not willing to fight for your freedoms, what ARE you willing to fight for?

People will always fight for freedom; it is in our nature to reject slavery of any kind. When it comes down to it we will all fight for our freedom if he have to; soldiers just happen to be the ones volunteering to fight for such freedoms...but if it came down to it, we would all fight for our freedoms

When the fight comes to you, you will do what you ahve to do......most of us won't be volunteering to do the fighting though unless ablsolutely necessary...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Here's some appropriate lyrics, written by Buffy St. Marie. I like to sing this song with my guitar sometimes. We live in a hippie town.

Universal Soldier

He's five foot-two, and he's six feet-four,
He fights with missiles and with spears.
He's all of thirty-one, and he's only seventeen,
Been a soldier for a thousand years.

He'a a Catholic, a Hindu, an Atheist, a Jain,
A Buddhist and a Baptist and a Jew.
And he knows he shouldn't kill,
And he knows he always will,
Kill you for me my friend and me for you.

And he's fighting for Canada,
He's fighting for France,
He's fighting for the USA,
And he's fighting for the Russians,
And he's fighting for Japan,
And he thinks we'll put an end to war this way.

And he's fighting for Democracy,
He's fighting for the Reds,
He says it's for the peace of all.
He's the one who must decide,
Who's to live and who's to die,
And he never sees the writing on the wall.

But without him,
How would Hitler have condemned him at Dachau?
Without him Caesar would have stood alone,
He's the one who gives his body
As a weapon of the war,
And without him all this killing can't go on.

He's the Universal Soldier and he really is to blame,
His orders come from far away no more,
They come from here and there and you and me,
And brothers can't you see,
This is not the way we put the end to war.

========

Also, @Kangaruex4Ewe, your signature with your lovely quote (which I do quite love) is slightly incorrect. I like to see quotes given proper credit, and Willy Wonka was not the originator of that wonderful line.

Ode by Arthur O'Shaugnessy

We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;—
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
edit on 19-1-2011 by lunarcrystal because: darn formatting... >:]

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It is the soldier, who killed the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

It is the soldier, who killed the poet, who has given us freedom of speech
www.google.com...=psy&hl=en&rls=org.mozilla&q=poet+killed&aq=f&aqi=g1g-m2 g-v2&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=fd0f73886609171d

It is the soldier, who killed the politician, who has given us the right to vote
www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&client=firefo x-a&hs=jdI&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&q=politician+killed&aq=f&aqi=g-m4g-v1&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=fd0f73886609171d

Just a few thousand hits with stories from before the Romans till today on what the reality is. From Roman poets being killed by puppet soldiers because of being critical about the regime to Reuters journalist being brutally murdered in our own lifetimes....

So much sorrow and misguidance in between.... lest remember that soldiers are mere humans that fell victim to their misplaced pride and blind believe in something as silly as nationalism. But still lets not give up on them.
edit on 19-1-2011 by no special characters because: links

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Soldiers are the WORST people EVER!

I don't care if your an American, Russian, Chinese soldier if you go out and try to kill another human being, you are awful.

Just stop and think about it.

Why try to kill someone?

I would gladly give up my house or car rather then kill someone who has a family or children.

I the soldiers would just stop fighting and killing other humans because they get paid or like power or feel patriotic to fake made up borders (borders are imaginary) then I think we would all be WAY better off.

edit on 19-1-2011 by Kargun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

It could be argued of course that it is also the soldier who makes it possible for certain people to come on boards like this and spout drivel.

Couldn`t it?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm sure the British Soldier in 1775 was thinking along those same lines. The German army was worshiped too, even by some of the nations it conquered - that is, until they started lining them up against the wall and shooting them.

All of this ridiculous soldier worship is propaganda from the criminals engaged in these bloody wars of conquest. It took years for the soldiers in Vietnam to come to this realization, but those were different times. Now the military is voluntary and our country in large part worships the ground they walk on.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You're quite right there I am sick to death of this "hero" crap that is being forced down our throats day in day out.
They're not heroes,they are doing their job and there is no way that anyone can convince me that the war being waged,primarily against innocent civilans it seems, in Iraq and Afghanistan ensures my continued "freedom"
I speak as a former member of the British Army.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thyhorrorcosmic
From a person on facebook:

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech
It is the soldier, not the politician, who has given us the right to vote
It is the solider, who salutes the flag, serves under the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives the pro...tester the right to burn the flag...

typical soldier attitude: "i fight so that you can have freedom"

I swear i get sick to my stomach every time i hear that.

I completely agree

I am sick listening to people claim that the military "gives" us our rights. I don't ever remember reading in the Declaration of Independence that....

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their military? with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness...

Lol.

The military does not give us anything. Especially not our rights...which we derive NATURALLY simply by being human. Period. We especailly don't have to thank the US military for anything. The only American soldiers worth thanking would have been any of the US soldiers from the civil war and before. Everyone after that has simply been corporate mercenaries.

I don't need someone to "protect" my rights as I am fully capable of doing just that on my own.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by savageheart

But, see, today they're not really protecting us anymore. They're protecting corporate interests in the Middle East and soon Asia. Who protects me here is law enforcement...especially from terrorists.

I think we should keep it real.

While you can make the claim that they're not protecting us anymore, it's nonsense to say they're only protecting corporate interests. The wars in the middle east kept the USD as the reserve currency for another decade, and also helped to secure our economies necessity for oil. Without the US exercising their military might, Iraq would have set a precedent for other countries to abandon the petrodolar. If that happened, our phony economy would have collapsed, and our standards of living would have plummeted.

So in all reality, the military protected OUR interests as arrogant Americans. That's not really debatable. The corporations don't force you to purchase their products. We choose to. Those products need a lot of oil to get to the shelves. It's just as easy as that.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Soldiers no more deserve worship than any other person. And few of the men and women who serve want that worship. So when I come to ATS and see so many "military" posters demanding others bend knee to them, one word comes to mind.

Liars.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Excellent post, and you are absolutely correct. Militias are the true "freedom fighters" as opposed to standing armies, which throughout all of history, have been the tools of tyrants.

I searched through the entire thread to see if any of the OP's opponents had replied to you and I am not surprised in the list bit by their silence towards your post. Tis better to simply ignore the truth than to have to face it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

We stopped replying to his idiocies because the fool never learns, so what's the point

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

We're left with the freedom to breathe -----is that what they're protecting?

And if they're protecting us then, line up around the perimeter of America and make sure 19 Arabs don't crash planes into our buildings again.

Protecting us is a LOT different than preemptive strikes in other countries. Because these soldiers are doing exactly what they don't want to happen here! An invasion.
Not a very good example and quite hypocritical ain't it?

What we REALLY need is protection from this government. Any volunteers?

~9-11 was an inside job~

edit on 19-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by dalan.

We stopped replying to his idiocies because the fool never learns, so what's the point

Don't use ad hominems to avoid the argument that the poster was making. He has an extremely valid point regarding the difference between standing armies and militias. Militias were the backbone of the American Union and we did not adopt a standing army until after the civil war. Study history. Standing armies are just mercenaries fighting for corporations, NOT the interest of individuals members of our dead republic.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Complete and utter rubbish.

You're a hypocrite, you know that?

The standards of living you enjoy is due to our military might. That's common freaking sense. You have a problem with what our military does, gtf out of this country. Else you're just a hypocrite who's enjoying the fruits of our military might.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What if freedom is a myth?

What if freedom is a myth?

I think of the monkey born in the zoo. The poor creature has never known freedom. It is fed every day, and its offspring are sold to other zoos. The poor beast is docile in its cage and does tricks for the zookeeper.

What if we have never known freedom and have been taught to embrace our bondage, to fight for it, even to worship it. What if we accept our cage as freedom?

My personal opinion: If you can't pick up your stuff and go live in Japan, France, New Zealand or elsewhere today, without no financial and legal consequences... Then you are not free.

Simon Black is free.

I am not free. Are you???

edit on 19-1-2011 by TheBandit795 because: More comments..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

Dumbest thing I ever heard:

"I created the internet" , Al Gore

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Your also in america because of greek philosophy, lol.

So what was more important the greeks, or your american military to how your living today?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join