It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumbest thing i've read today.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

No its just a statement of fact my friend....no offense intended.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
Your half right...you do have the freedom to do these things because you are indeed a human, what your failing to understand is that you are allowed to express your God given right of free speech because you live in a country that protects your right to do so...if you were in China you might have a different perspective as the secret police crash in your door and arrest you for expressing your mind concerning their military or government.

He's 100% right not half.
If.. its always "IF"
If you lived in china,....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

Actually i have the right to tell you guys because of free will, because i as a human being can do and say whatever i want

Not because you're Human, because of The Soldier.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

No its just a statement of fact my friend....no offense intended.

No offense was taken. Just wanted to now if I can start printing tomorrow.
Thanks for the go... Thank goodness a soldier in Iraq is fighting for my right to make T-shirts too.
Man I got it easy.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm a bit surprised by both the tenor of this thread as well as, what appears to be the majority of responses that share the OPs sentiments. I think that this is a case of misplaced anger, to be honest. If you waste your time dishonoring the soldiers or villifying them, you're going to miss the greater point.

I served in the US Army for 9 years. In that time I met some of the greatest, most noble and dutiful people I have or will ever know. They weren't evil, they were patriots and men & women of great sacrifice.

Since I've been out of the Army (a disabled veteran), my eyes have opened to the men behind the curtain (hell, it's why I'm on this site), but it has never made me turn an eye to my history and the people that I knew there with even a modicum of disrespect. If you lived a day in the life of a soldier, what they do for little money in life-threatening situations seperated from their loved ones...I think you would gain a little more understanding.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by savageheart
It is quite obvious that you have a lack of understanding when it comes to these matters of protecting you and yours. What is it that you think should happen when a person threatens you, your life, your family and or your freedoms? Perhaps you should delve a little further into just what that statement means that you posted previous to making such a ridiculous judgment about it.

I have never asked for or needed the protection of soldiers or policemen. My taxes pay for bombs and bullets that kill people I have no quarel with. They also pay for the police car that hides in the bushes to give me a ticket on the way to work.
I don't give a rats a** about Afghanistan and if some crackhead comes through my window I'm not going to waste time looking for the telephone.

link   
If ever there was a reason for an anti-flag, this thread would be the epitome of it!

So, I suppose it is the keyboard commando that is responsible for human rights protections? Maybe the ACLU lawyer? Is Johnny Cochran responsible for our freedoms? I suppose you call a pacifist when someone is breaking into your home? Or...maybe in your world there is no violence, no need for ever a harsh word? Maybe you live under a mushroom with smurfette and your world is all rainbows and skittles?

As for me, I am THANKFUL FOR OUR SOLDIERS!!

But, your title is correct, this is certainly the dumbbest thing I have read today.

link   

That statement simply isnt based on any fact, your argument is founded in your emotions and little logic. Honestly, you and I would agree to much about the government...but you need to base your point on something solid not general statements like being arrested for giving your "2 cents". Honestly, bring some solid examples and I would be more than happy to even possibly share your sentiments.

I hope you are trolling me right now, but incase your serious just goto google and type in "protesters arrested" and you'll find plenty of articles on the matter.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Every time you respond to me with that kind of statement you proove my point of your inability to grasp the points of this issue. If you can't see what I'm trying to say by comparing the freedoms experienced in the United States as to the lack of freedom in China, then I'm not sure what to do for you.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
yes it is the soldier who gave us our freedoms...the revolutionary war soldier. As for the ongoing wars, not quite. I think the world war 2 veterans maybe but I don't see how a clandestine CIA operation in Afghanistan really gives us freedom of the press.

I agree. Those who differentiate between a soldier and a mercenary are becoming as rare as hen's teeth.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Every time you respond to me with that kind of statement you proove my point of your inability to grasp the points of this issue. If you can't see what I'm trying to say by comparing the freedoms experienced in the United States as to the lack of freedom in China, then I'm not sure what to do for you.

That's a fair statement. If this was China those words would have fallen on deaf ears. Thanks for enlightening me on freedom and the differences with in. I am changed man. Lets send more troops.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I know your being sarcastic about "got it easy" but you do have it easy. Also, you clearly haven't been out of the country except to an inclusive resort somewhere. If you have ever traveled out to a third world nation, you would be saying something different here today...words of appreciation and gratitude instead of childish ramblings.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I think the challange to you was to provide such examples, you are the author of this thread. Don't expect me to do your work for you lol.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I know your being sarcastic about "got it easy" but you do have it easy. Also, you clearly haven't been out of the country except to an inclusive resort somewhere. If you have ever traveled out to a third world nation, you would be saying something different here today...words of appreciation and gratitude instead of childish ramblings.

Im terribly sorry to have offended you. I will get to a 3rd world country as soon as I can.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by robinmorningstar
I'm a bit surprised by both the tenor of this thread as well as, what appears to be the majority of responses that share the OPs sentiments. I think that this is a case of misplaced anger, to be honest. If you waste your time dishonoring the soldiers or villifying them, you're going to miss the greater point.

I served in the US Army for 9 years. In that time I met some of the greatest, most noble and dutiful people I have or will ever know. They weren't evil, they were patriots and men & women of great sacrifice.

Since I've been out of the Army (a disabled veteran), my eyes have opened to the men behind the curtain (hell, it's why I'm on this site), but it has never made me turn an eye to my history and the people that I knew there with even a modicum of disrespect. If you lived a day in the life of a soldier, what they do for little money in life-threatening situations seperated from their loved ones...I think you would gain a little more understanding.

I am not trying to diss the soldiers. I'm sure if i were to join the military i would also meet great people and have experiences that i would never forget...but the bigger picture and my point are the people behind the curtain are the ones that im dissing. If one has the right to diss soldiers then what about the soldiers acting like they are above everyone else? The original little poem (or whatever) i posted to me sounds like a soldier putting himself above people and saying that "you cant diss me because i fight for your freedom".

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Have you never had the opportunity to stand up for yourself, your rights? Yes? If so, then I expect that you are indeed a warrior on your own that needs no help from external sources. And if you are such a warrior on your own, why even bother? Have you had to rely on help from those who place their lives on the line every day to ensure you have the freedoms that you have in going to vote for that which you wish for, got to the local store and buy that which you wish for and worked hard to earn? Of course you have. Are you not able too speak your mind in such a forum as this without threat of being hunted down and shot in the back of the head, your body tossed off the side of the road somewhere while those who have done so plunder your little bit of wealth? Tell me, what is it that you despise so much about those who do their damndest to make sure you and your family, loved ones and friends sleep peacefully at night? Please do me the honor of explaining your self righteousness of saying what you have spewn forth with what seems to be limited knowledge of that for which you seem to think you know so much about.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

No offense here, and I'm glad to see your willing to expand your world view a little. Make sure to have your parents write you a check for the trip lol.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
yes it is the soldier who gave us our freedoms...the revolutionary war soldier. As for the ongoing wars, not quite. I think the world war 2 veterans maybe but I don't see how a clandestine CIA operation in Afghanistan really gives us freedom of the press.

I really like the way you put that and agree! The revolutionary war soldiers are the ones who fought FOR US... the other soldiers fought for other countries, in other countries... However, if they didn't fight, say in WW II, then the world might be a very different place. I do not support the current wars at all though...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I think the challange to you was to provide such examples, you are the author of this thread. Don't expect me to do your work for you lol.

My point is that it's not very hard to find examples of people getting arrested on the streets for protesting. If you are familiar with charlie veitch (even though he resides in london) he is an example of that.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by savageheart
Have you never had the opportunity to stand up for yourself, your rights? Yes? If so, then I expect that you are indeed a warrior on your own that needs no help from external sources. And if you are such a warrior on your own, why even bother? Have you had to rely on help from those who place their lives on the line every day to ensure you have the freedoms that you have in going to vote for that which you wish for, got to the local store and buy that which you wish for and worked hard to earn? Of course you have. Are you not able too speak your mind in such a forum as this without threat of being hunted down and shot in the back of the head, your body tossed off the side of the road somewhere while those who have done so plunder your little bit of wealth? Tell me, what is it that you despise so much about those who do their damndest to make sure you and your family, loved ones and friends sleep peacefully at night? Please do me the honor of explaining your self righteousness of saying what you have spewn forth with what seems to be limited knowledge of that for which you seem to think you know so much about.

It is very apparent that you believe what we are doing over seas is keeping us "sleeping peacefully at night"...go ahead and keep believing that while innocent people die for no reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join