It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumbest thing i've read today.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
how are you free, every citizen in the world is free, except people in prison.

you go anywhere in the world and people go to work, school, eat dinner, sleep.

because you're not killed or put in prison for some things like worshipping God, doesn't make you free.

if your mind is enslaved with red, white and blue propaganda, then you're no different than the millions of n.koreans who worship their "dear leader".

edit on 19-1-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo
reply to post by Advantage

Nice job twisting my words. I would never blame a contraption over a humans action. You probably think I'm some "leftist hippy" don't you? Go ahead and throw me a label...

As for Katrina, notice I said CAPABLE Americans. Pretty much the opposite of the wonderful folks who were affected by it. I still don't understand why they needed military action for that. Is it the military's job to oppress the undesirables for the interest of corporations? I honestly haven't seen anything other than that in my lifetime.
edit on 19-1-2011 by havenvideo because: (no reason given)

People of N.O werent capable? What? Were they monkeys or something? Do you believe the propaganda with all of those uneducated poor black folks staggering around is what it was all about? Capable Americans did not come to the aid of others in the floods of 93. Capable Americans did not come to the aid of others in the tornado swarm in the 70's. on and on. The point is that capable Americans arent so capable. I doubt your neighbor has any equipment to defend or aid you or you them in the event of any number of disasters or war scenarios. WHo does? Our oh so horrible military. I dare say that you and no other american is capable or has the equipment to defend in the event we would have war on our soil. If you think it cant happen youre really not thinking. Our unjust political wars have pissed off enough people that its probable.If you think your "arsenal" can defend you or anyone else against military grade weaponry, youve watched too many movies.

You didnt read my post.. or dont understand what a standing military is. Our soldiers arent the bad guys here. They dont deserve your hate. The people that use them for unjust wars do. They are wrongly used to promote this corporate BS and dictatorial nonsense. When or if you ever need the military, and there is always a chance you will, you may be glad there was ever a standing military and Americans who are willing to lay down their lives for you with the equipment, training, and backing to do so.
Do not blame the soldiers, blame those who are using them wrongly and killing them off.. which none of it is what they were in place to be used for initially.

BTW I didnt twist your words, its called an analogy.
edit on 19-1-2011 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The dumbest thing I've read today -

Note the one-eye illuminati symbolism.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I never blamed any soldier, just the military as a whole. I wish soldiers would realize what they are really killing and invading for. The sad part is almost everyone I know in the military is in it for one reason - the paycheck. The sadder part is most of them blow that paycheck on booze and drugs quicker than they can say dishonorable discharge.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by savageheart
It is quite obvious that you have a lack of understanding when it comes to these matters of protecting you and yours. What is it that you think should happen when a person threatens you, your life, your family and or your freedoms? Perhaps you should delve a little further into just what that statement means that you posted previous to making such a ridiculous judgment about it.

Perhaps some others should read up on their own recent military history.

We invaded Iraq on falsified evidence. There were no weapons of mass destruction, remember?

There is a BIG difference between defending your country and being a pawn of your leadership in their quest for dominance in attacking others.

When another nation attacks your, you defend your nation.
Iraq did not attack you.
Pakistan did not attack you.
Afghanistan did not attack you.

Is it the soldier in Tunisia defending the people? Nope.
The people there have risen up and continue to fight against their own military on the streets. Yeah, the Tunisian army are real heroes huh?

America, Britain, Europe... they're all the same. The same scenario would happen in all of these countries with just a little propaganda and a couple of false-flags.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The soldier does not give anything to us they just make sure no one else takes those rights away.I do not think you understand the moral fibre 98% of these men are made out of.You want to know why this country is so demoralized right now well it is because all the men and women of high moral values felt a call to duty followed through w it and are now overseas in theatre.The individual soldier holds this country dear and if you dont like them get out and if you need help i'll give you a little push. Thread not turning out how you wanted?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
You know. The OP is your average joe who has an obvious misunderstanding about how it works. BTW..nice topic to lure inquisitive people like me here just to find some anti-military type or more less getting bent out of shape about something so retarded. If someone says..."Hey, dont talk to me that way because its disrespectful" does that sound better for you? Or how about. "Shut the F@#K up!"...that might be even better over "You have the right to talk that way beause a Marine is getting his A@$ shot off right now so you can make some imature fuc#ing comment on ATS."

The real question here is where is it that you read this? Post it so we can maybe see where you are coming from. Otherwise you are just complaining because you hear it a lot or read it a lot.

I was a Marine and served in combat in Fallujia, Iraq and several other places. I damn sure didnt get shot up for you bro! I've saved lives and probably taken lives (cant confirm) all for my friends and fellow team members...my platoon. Its because those guys sacraficed with me...I ate dinner with their wives and kids, we all take care of one another and when rounds fly and my friends get hit and scream in pain. Those bullets came from someone who wanted to kill me and my friends...simple as that. My guys didnt shoot first and ask questions later...thats not how we roll. We shoot when we've aquired a legit threat (they have a gun and are making attempts to shoot at us or are shooting at us.)

"The war this and the war that"...its all the same political madness in the world we live in. I seriously almost have more respect for the guy that tried to kill me...then you man. Because its takes balls to try and point a weapon and shoot at my team...we rolled deep and heavy and we chew up those guys.

Lets face the hard truth. I dont care if you have a family member or brother or whatever who "served in (fill in the blank)" those are just stories to you and thats it. Maybe you only think you have a better idea of war because you actually paid attention to it now that a family member was at war...or told you a war story.

Its all the same. If you havnt been there..good. If your irratated by the retorical military-gives-you-freedoms speech...trust me...I get it. But I guess its the disrespect that I sense from your topic that has me commenting. You may have the right to say whatever but do you seriously have the ethics and standards to be disrespectful to guys like me because we fought a war and you didnt? Thats seriously unhonorable bro.

I've been on both sides and everywhere in between. The thing that gets me the most is that the Soldiers or the Marines that get sent over there and just sit on a base doing their job hearing a few incoming rounds once in a while come back and act like they are war heroes or seen months of combat. Thats Crap and just as unhonorable...thats even worse in my eyes.

Oorah!
Reconer-

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
While it is certainly your right to feel the way you do OP, I have to strongly disagree with you. As you have chosen the term soldiers I will use it also, although when I do say soldiers in this post I refer to all personnel who have served.
First I will say that the wars going on now in the Mid East, and previously in Asia are ones that I don't really side with the US Government for our military involvement. That said however does not reflect on my feelings towards the personnel who are fighting those battles. I have nothing but respect for those who serve their country and fight the battles they are ordered to fight. Many brave men and women have died so that you don't ever have to hear the heavy rumbling of enemy artillery as it approaches or the gunfire and shouting voices in foreign languages as the enemy secures what used to be your hometown.
Yes the freedoms you and I share are indeed due largely in part to soldiers.

Without soldiers, America would not even exist as it's own entity.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

Actually i have the right to tell you guys because of free will, because i as a human being can do and say whatever i want

Oh Really?

Try robbing a bank and murdering someone, then see how that free will works for you.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I guess it has been repeated 'ad nauseum', that the soldier is not to be blamed personally, but I emphasize it nonetheless.

History teaches us that our modern view of personal "freedom" has its roots with the Magna Carta of 1297. The revolutionary war is not an example of a fight for "freedom", as the British already subscribed to the Magna Carta (heck, they came up with it!) and defended personal liberties.
The revolutionary war was fought over who received and dispensed the spoils of taxation.

I would argue that only a war fought on home soil can truly be one of "liberty" and/or "freedom".

I leave you with this well known quote by the most highly decorated war "hero" of his time: (well known by those here at ATS at least)

"I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents."

(U.S. Marine Major General Smedley Darlington Butler, "War Is A Racket", Round Table Press, Inc., New York. 1935)

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

I have no idea what your talking about lol

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Soldiers of this century are nothing but pawns on a chess board of special interests.

I respect their courage, but that's where it stops.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

Pure rubbish attitude, i live in london that a life every bit as bad as anything the stasi did to there citizens. So no one fought for my freedoms, and i believe ww2 was just a waste of time, and it was only to get rid of german sovereignty.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thyhorrorcosmic
From a person on facebook:

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech
It is the soldier, not the politician, who has given us the right to vote
It is the solider, who salutes the flag, serves under the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives the pro...tester the right to burn the flag...

typical soldier attitude: "i fight so that you can have freedom"

I swear i get sick to my stomach every time i hear that.

well if you realy think about it is the soldier that kept the usa free. civil war, WW1, and specificly WW2. if you lived in another country youd have your hands cut off if you wrote something they didnt like or worse. all im sayen is if this is the dumbest thing you read today consider yourself lucky. im sure i could find somthing much more dumb.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
Don't know about the rest of you, but a soldier does not give me my freedoms.

I have freedoms because:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

lol.. we will see how true that rings.. I wish that EVERY Soldier would stand down and that away the numbers drop and they have to re instate the DRAFT lol.. I was a Soldier.. some times I wondered if it was worth it.. some times I wondered if it was worth it.. than I see people like this person and the OP and I say to my self.. I wish they would have bought the farm instead of my friends and family.. who died for you guys.

and to the guy who wrote this qoute.. above mine.. lets see how long those words last if their was no soldiers to protect them...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
reply to post by robinmorningstar

like religious people defending their religion they have a vested interest in it.
you are the same just a different 'religion'

your argument is biased from the get go.

So, I just want to get this straight. I set off with a sense of service to our nation as a young man, served with honor for 9 years, came out a disabled veteran, and because of that service my opinion no longer counts or is worth considering? Buddy, you're a jerk.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I can actually see both sides of this argument. I do think that the government and corporations are behind much of the dealings that the USA's troops are involved in - but I also realize that the soldiers are paid employees of their government and are only doing their job. Every person knows what they are getting into when joining a branch of the military.

Freedom? How much freedom have you lost lately - lots.

What people need to do instead of arguing about silly petty things like this - they need to logically add up what has happened within just the last 20 years and see how much freedom they actually have left.

Threads like this are just another aspect of how easy it is to keep the masses confused and unable to unite for the common good of our freedoms. Most of you fail to see how easily people are manipulated because the "soldiers freedom" message OP posted stirs feelings on both sides. How easy it is to control a population that is fighting about: Race, 911, culture, war, terrorists, TV shows - you name it... funny thing is - I wonder how long it will take for people to actually wake up and see that they are already living in the NWO. I should start a thread huh? LOL

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reconer
You know. The OP is your average joe who has an obvious misunderstanding about how it works. BTW..nice topic to lure inquisitive people like me here just to find some anti-military type or more less getting bent out of shape about something so retarded. If someone says..."Hey, dont talk to me that way because its disrespectful" does that sound better for you? Or how about. "Shut the F@#K up!"...that might be even better over "You have the right to talk that way beause a Marine is getting his A@$ shot off right now so you can make some imature fuc#ing comment on ATS."

The real question here is where is it that you read this? Post it so we can maybe see where you are coming from. Otherwise you are just complaining because you hear it a lot or read it a lot.

I was a Marine and served in combat in Fallujia, Iraq and several other places. I damn sure didnt get shot up for you bro! I've saved lives and probably taken lives (cant confirm) all for my friends and fellow team members...my platoon. Its because those guys sacraficed with me...I ate dinner with their wives and kids, we all take care of one another and when rounds fly and my friends get hit and scream in pain. Those bullets came from someone who wanted to kill me and my friends...simple as that. My guys didnt shoot first and ask questions later...thats not how we roll. We shoot when we've aquired a legit threat (they have a gun and are making attempts to shoot at us or are shooting at us.)

"The war this and the war that"...its all the same political madness in the world we live in. I seriously almost have more respect for the guy that tried to kill me...then you man. Because its takes balls to try and point a weapon and shoot at my team...we rolled deep and heavy and we chew up those guys.

Lets face the hard truth. I dont care if you have a family member or brother or whatever who "served in (fill in the blank)" those are just stories to you and thats it. Maybe you only think you have a better idea of war because you actually paid attention to it now that a family member was at war...or told you a war story.

Its all the same. If you havnt been there..good. If your irratated by the retorical military-gives-you-freedoms speech...trust me...I get it. But I guess its the disrespect that I sense from your topic that has me commenting. You may have the right to say whatever but do you seriously have the ethics and standards to be disrespectful to guys like me because we fought a war and you didnt? Thats seriously unhonorable bro.

I've been on both sides and everywhere in between. The thing that gets me the most is that the Soldiers or the Marines that get sent over there and just sit on a base doing their job hearing a few incoming rounds once in a while come back and act like they are war heroes or seen months of combat. Thats Crap and just as unhonorable...thats even worse in my eyes.

Oorah!
Reconer-

Alright...you said it all, my friend. I can't add anything better to that. I'm out of this stupid thread. Peace...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I could tell you what the dumbest thing I'VE read today is.... you might find it a bit ironic.

Why is there such hatred for our soldiers? Last I checked the soldiers didn't get to actively vote on the what, where, and when, of their next mission. I appreciate thier heart.

Now if you want to talk about how sick it makes me that the government uses these men and women as disposable assasins... whole other story.

Last I checked hitmen don't get to actively vote on the what, where, and when, of their next mission.

What's your point? Makes me laugh when the pro soldier types wheel out this nonsense about how they're just following orders, as if that's a defense. These people were not forced into the military. They joined of their own free will.

The only difference between terrorists and army is government support and weaponry.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
As for soldiers defending our freedoms and keeping us safe. I can say without a doubt I have less freedoms now, and I'm far less safe.

The pro-soldier rhetoric is just state propoganda. Every country does it.

I'd go as far as saying soldiers are responsible for the war, as they'd be none without soldiers. And I don't want to hear about how regular citizens like me and you would be forcefully drafted, because it wouldn't happen. The government aren't forcefully drafting anyone to fight bunk wars. The people wouldn't allow it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join