It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumbest thing i've read today.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

I've posted a new thread in reply to this one:

What freedoms are you talking about???

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
reply to post by Trublbrwing

I can't believe that you're praising someone who is partly responsible for the extermination of 10 million people, 6 million of the being of Jewish or of Jewish descent.

To the OP: Just who is responsible for free speech and free press? It sure isn't a whiny protestor.

I'll type slow for you, so you don't get confused again. I did not PRAISE anyone, I quoted a soldier, who despite his affiliation made a brilliant statement on the futility of war. The color of your uniform does not reflect what is in your heart, there is good and evil in equal measure on both sides of a battlefield.
That isn't war you see in Afghanistan and Iraq, neither country has a standing army, it is oppression and slaughter fueled by greed.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by dalan.

Complete and utter rubbish.

You're a hypocrite, you know that?

The standards of living you enjoy is due to our military might. That's common freaking sense. You have a problem with what our military does, gtf out of this country. Else you're just a hypocrite who's enjoying the fruits of our military might.

And your mind is narrow. The standards of living of our Union has nothing to do with our military....and I don't live in your "Country" and you would be hard pressed to kick a state out of the union.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Also I would like to add that you have simply lowered yourself by doing nothing more than trying to insult me.

"Condemnation before investigation is the height of ignorance" - Albert Einstein

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

reply to post by dalan.

Complete and utter rubbish.

You're a hypocrite, you know that?

The standards of living you enjoy is due to our military might. That's common freaking sense. You have a problem with what our military does, gtf out of this country. Else you're just a hypocrite who's enjoying the fruits of our military might.

If these so called "high" standards of living (are you #ing kidding me?) comes at the price of thousands of innocent people dying on this pointless war, whose purpose is for nothing but to protect the USA's corporate interests, then guess what?

I DON'T WANT IT.

And neither should you as a decent human being, else you're the hypocrite.
edit on 19-1-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thyhorrorcosmic
From a person on facebook:

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech
It is the soldier, not the politician, who has given us the right to vote
It is the solider, who salutes the flag, serves under the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives the pro...tester the right to burn the flag...

typical soldier attitude: "i fight so that you can have freedom"

I swear i get sick to my stomach every time i hear that.

You forgot one...

It is the solder guarding th poppy fields in Afghanistan that give us the right to send heroin to America so the CIA can make the big bucks providing illegal drugs to our youth.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I love our soldiers because they are every day working class Americans who have sucked it up and sacrificed for the good of us all, in defense of our country.

The people who manipulate our lives and make us suffer are the same ones who send these men and women to die in god awful, far off lands in defense of economic and corporate expansion.

Our fighting soldiers are our loved ones, our fathers, sons, daughters, brothers. They are there of their own free will, attempting to honor the job at hand and do what's right. They have no say in their assignments, no choice but to deploy and perform.

The men to blame are the fat ass beuracrats and wealthy money moguls who send their kid's to Harvard and Yale, while they send our children to die for oil and defense contracts.

Have you ever risked having your legs blown off for $17K USD per year? Ever been forced to kill people that you had no ill will against, for reasons that you dont even agree with?

Honor our soldiers and Marines and place the blame squarely on the ones who deserve it. The grimy old bastards who are pulling the strings.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

All solders today are there because they chose to be there...no one forced them to go fight in an unjust war.
Adults need to take responsibility for their choices.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

I can't believe that you're praising someone who is partly responsible for the extermination of 10 million people, 6 million of the being of Jewish or of Jewish descent.

To the OP: Just who is responsible for free speech and free press? It sure isn't a whiny protestor.

I'll type slow for you, so you don't get confused again. I did not PRAISE anyone, I quoted a soldier, who despite his affiliation made a brilliant statement on the futility of war. The color of your uniform does not reflect what is in your heart, there is good and evil in equal measure on both sides of a battlefield.
That isn't war you see in Afghanistan and Iraq, neither country has a standing army, it is oppression and slaughter fueled by greed.

You didn't cofuse me. I'm not the one who quoted Hermann Goering. Someone who deserves no respect. You gave praise to him despite what you may think. He deserves no recognition for anything he said.

Here's a part your post:

I believe Hermann Goering summed it up best.....
"Of course people don't want war, why should a poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best thing he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece?

If this isn't praise then you're in denial. Like I said, you didn't confuse me. I know praise when I see it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

It is the solider, who salutes the flag, serves under the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives the pro...tester the right to burn the flag...

Have you ever worn the "uniform"?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Here's a part your post:

"Of course people don't want war, why should a poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best thing he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece?

If this isn't praise then you're in denial. Like I said, you didn't confuse me. I know praise when I see it.

Do not create an ad hominem fallacy. Just because the messenger is bad, does not mean the message is.

I will let the poster defend himself, but I believe he is praising the message, and NOT the person.

If this phrase was spoken by Gandhi, would you disagree with what it says?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

Are you even looking at the quote given by Hermann Goering? Let's look at it.

Of course people don't want war, why should a poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best thing he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece?

The quote itself is a fallacy. A poor farmer wouldn't go off to war unless he was forced to. Goering trying to justify himself for his actions.

Close your eyes and imagine him saying this. He was a pompous a$$!

He also said this:

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

What he did here is he tried to say that the common man isn't smart enought to make the decision to fight for what he believes is right. This is understandable since he was a Nazi bastard and had to force millions of his own countrymen to fight for something they didn't believe in.

And Ghandi? I don't like him neither. If someone was killing his mother he'd run in the opposite direction.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

What he did here is he tried to say that the common man isn't smart enought to make the decision to fight for what he believes is right. This is understandable since he was a Nazi bastard and had to force millions of his own countrymen to fight for something they didn't believe in.

OK thanks, I understand the quote in a different light.

What I believe he is trying to say is that without the manipulation of the state, there would be no war.
The common man (on both sides of the potential battlefield) have nothing better to hope for, than to return to what they had to begin with.
Therefor it is necessary to manufacture the fear that what they have is being threatened.
Otherwise, no person in their right mind would risk losing their lives with the potential of gaining absolutely nothing.
This is the game the proverbial "powers that be" have been playing throughout history, without it, no man would choose to kill or risk being killed without any possible upside whatsoever.

I'll repost this well known quote by the most highly decorated war "hero" of his time: (well known by those here at ATS at least)

"I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents."

(U.S. Marine Major General Smedley Darlington Butler, "War Is A Racket", Round Table Press, Inc., New York. 1935)

Thanks for the discussion.

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

This mentality is perpetuated by the illusion of fear.

If we fear that we are being threatened by everyone else, the mindset of fighting for freedom makes sense. However, we are not being threatened by everyone else.

Do not believe this foolishness, it is only a lack of perspective, necessary for the globalist agenda to proceed with limited interference.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Just one more thing. Goering's phrase "poor slob on a farm" will give you insight into his mind. He thought of himself as better than his own countrymen and we all know how he felt about non-Germans, particularly the Jews.

All these fallacies are all good in a debate. Post hoc, ad hominem, slippery slope, etc, means little considering the fact that Hermann Goering was one demented and evil person.

I'm not against him. I just have nothing good to say about this POS.

Gotta go. Insctructor just caught me not doing my classwork!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Just one more thing. Goering's phrase "poor slob on a farm" will give you insight into his mind. He thought of himself as better than his own countrymen and we all know how he felt about non-Germans, particularly the Jews.

All these fallacies are all good in a debate. Post hoc, ad hominem, slippery slope, etc, means little considering the fact that Hermann Goering was one demented and evil person.

I'm not against him. I just have nothing good to say about this POS.

Gotta go. Insctructor just caught me not doing my classwork!

I definitely don't disagree that he was, as you put it "a pompous a$$", and I'm sure not many would argue that he was a demented "pompous a$$".
I would argue that it is this pompousness that led him to divulge an element of population control that was not meant to be made public.

the Billmeister

p.s.
ATS should be prioritized over classwork... Let me talk to your instructor! (kidding of course)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
People like you are the poster boys for having a draft!

second line..

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

You didn't cofuse me. I'm not the one who quoted Hermann Goering. Someone who deserves no respect. You gave praise to him despite what you may think. He deserves no recognition for anything he said.

Here's a part your post:

One more time, I praised the words, not the man. Let's see another example, an opposite.........
These are the words of Marcus Aurelius, one of the wisest men in history......
"How extraordinary are the pleasures enjoyed by robbers, parent and child murderers, dictators, just think what they are."
Seems strange doesn't it? If I told you Goering made that statement and Aurelius made the first it would make more sense, but the topics are absurd.
Do yourself a favor, shut off the television and go read a book.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join