It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is coming!

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Please read the post here properly and click the link and you will see how your slagging of Daz backfired on you when you used his so called 'garbage sources' to prove your point later on that thread!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread and for all of the contributions! It has been quite laborious sifting through all of the Elenin hype. For the longest time I couldn't understand what made this comet special. It has been largely linked to a brown dwarf, which just wasn't looking at all realistic. But rather than throw the baby out with the bathwater, I decided to keep reading in to it. Mostly because it seems there is an effort to stifle any serious discussion about Elenin, which is highly suspect. Also, when things are looking this chaotic on Earth and the news is so ominous, I look to see if there is any correlation to what is going on in the sky, which led me to you good folks here.

After reading through many threads and watching many ridiculous youtube videos, I think I've come across an area of substance. Am I correct to conclude that the most intriguing (science based) aspect of this comet is that it could prove the validity of the "electric comet theory" as discussed on the Thunderbolts thread that I believe the OP posted a link to same pages back? That it looks like there is a decent chance we will pass through the tail and we have no idea how a negatively charged comet tail will affect the earth's magnetosphere or atmosphere? The science behind the electric comet theory is actually pretty plausible. The comet will be interacting with the sun. The sun will be interacting with Earth. Earth is already in a highly vulnerable state due to an amalgamation of epic proportions. Perhaps it really is time for the Earth to be tilled and replenished, just like my garden.

Is anyone familiar with this electric universe stuff? If so, here's my question - In an electric universe, would we have to pass through the tail for there to be an effect on our magnetosphere or atmosphere? Or would the interaction it has with the sun be enough, whether we pass through the tail or not? Thanks!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thinkingthing

Yes Link 7TH PARAGRAPH DOWN NASA

Comets also have a tail of electrically charged particles (ions) that is usually fainter and is pushed away from the Sun by the solar wind, a thin stream of electrified gas that blows constantly from the Sun.

i hope this helps YOUR LINK DENIES IGNORANCE www.thunderbolts.info...
DENY IGNORANCE DENY DISINFO
www.wired.com...

Recently, one of the country's most popular science and technology websites, Wired.com, outlined a serious challenge to a key tenet of modern cosmology. Reporter David McCandless authored the article, "They Sing the Comet Electric", which noted the successful predictions registered at the Thunderbolts.info website prior to the climax of NASA's Deep Impact mission -- the collision of an 820-pound projectile into Comet Tempel 1. These predictions were based on the belief that comets are electrically charged bodies, and not the "dirty snowballs" of popular theory. If comets are proven to be electrical in nature, this could force the most dramatic re-assessment of cosmological theory since the age of Copernicus and Galileo. McCandless displayed an even-handedness and candor rarely seen in popular media. Most journalists, perhaps afraid of falling out of NASA's good graces, are far less likely to think independently, and tend to accept official statements from mainstream theorists as unquestioned truth (see CNN's space "coverage" for a prime example of this). Not so with McCandless, who thoroughly investigated the Deep Impact event, and imparted the facts in a fair and balanced light. McCandless wrote: "Prior to the July 4 impact, the Electric Universe group published a detailed chain of events they expected to see when Deep Impact struck comet Tempel 1... "The prediction said there would be two impact flashes: a small flash as the projectile penetrated the comet's electrified atmosphere, followed by a huge impact flash that would be 'unexpectedly energetic'. And that's exactly what appeared to happen on July 4, in an impact that astonished NASA investigators."

The test

edit on 4-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

Please don't select out of context statements. The garbage sources I was referring to were the ones he posted before the legitimate link. I did not refer to the NASA link as garbage. That is a lie. He did not post the NASA link until the post in which he admitted the previous links were garbage. I then addressed his claims about the NASA link.

These are the garbage links.
tmgnow.com...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
edit on 3/4/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I've been reading a lot about science, but hardly ever seen anything written about the electric model of the universe. It sounds like fringe science. www.chem1.com...

Well, let's see what the comet Elenin will tell us about this theory.

As for looking for things in the sky when something happen on Earth, people have been doing it from ancient times, inventing gods, superstitions, rituals, etc. Of course there is a certain scientific aspect of cosmic radiation, meteors and asteroids falling to earth, etc. But when people to this day attribute wars or famines to a comet in the sky, it is really silly. We should look at ourselves and our planet, not at things that are too far away to have eny effect.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Pity Party Mode- You have no right to slag people off the way you do? Just because you get caught out? I hope others do not believe your lame explanation?

link   
reply to post by wildespace

Its not fringe science Nasa conducted the test on the above post with links,no more DIS INFO PLEASE okay i will post it again

Recently, one of the country's most popular science and technology websites, Wired.com, outlined a serious challenge to a key tenet of modern cosmology. Reporter David McCandless authored the article, "They Sing the Comet Electric", which noted the successful predictions registered at the Thunderbolts.info website prior to the climax of NASA's Deep Impact mission -- the collision of an 820-pound projectile into Comet Tempel 1. These predictions were based on the belief that comets are electrically charged bodies, and not the "dirty snowballs" of popular theory. If comets are proven to be electrical in nature, this could force the most dramatic re-assessment of cosmological theory since the age of Copernicus and Galileo. McCandless displayed an even-handedness and candor rarely seen in popular media. Most journalists, perhaps afraid of falling out of NASA's good graces, are far less likely to think independently, and tend to accept official statements from mainstream theorists as unquestioned truth (see CNN's space "coverage" for a prime example of this). Not so with McCandless, who thoroughly investigated the Deep Impact event, and imparted the facts in a fair and balanced light. McCandless wrote: "Prior to the July 4 impact, the Electric Universe group published a detailed chain of events they expected to see when Deep Impact struck comet Tempel 1... "The prediction said there would be two impact flashes: a small flash as the projectile penetrated the comet's electrified atmosphere, followed by a huge impact flash that would be 'unexpectedly energetic'. And that's exactly what appeared to happen on July 4, in an impact that astonished NASA investigators."

Heres the test by nasa

Theres no debunking it,it was conducted

So evidently science is wrong and a conspiracy ensues to debunk nasa which is backing the electric universe in initial principal study.

link   
reply to post by randyvs

All I know is, this fact, you can debate, debunk, deny, disprove or any other "d" word comes to mind, Leonid Elenin, amateur astronomer discovered this comet. Now, If I discovered an object, and it was named after me, I would be so proud that I would look at and photograph it and show it off to the world as often as I could, I would eventually, after it passed, put out a ELENIN Comet picture book, autographed by the man who discovered it.
Where are the pictures?
NASA, who apparently, dropped the ball on this one, as they above anyone else, basically owns the sky with their technology, and resources, should be ALL over this, since they are able to observe a brand new object, aren't they all about space exploration? They should be taking the best photos, of anyone and posting them for all to see, if for nothing else, proving that they are relevant and still need funding, since Obama defunded them.
Where are the pictures??
That is why this is soo strange. There is so little on the subject, it has been 3 and half months since this discovery and only a handful of pictures, a JPL site that shows a predicted orbit of ELENIN, that may or may not be the actual orbit, as it wobbles, and could be closer or farther away.
Hell, they don't even now for sure what comets are made of anymore. all of a sudden there is this "electric comet" theory, comets are made of solid metal, not dirt, and frozen water, like what was once thought, and they do not want to study this one? Come on. Something is weird, about all of this.
Now add all of the other things, the orbit, which we do not know how may miles it takes to revolve, or if it is a one time deal. Sprinkle in a little, "Hey, we may have found a brown dwarf", Nibiru, symerian legend, hopi prophecies, November 2011/ 2012 prophecies, and it is easy to see how there could be a lot of concern, AND blowing things out of proportion. That being said, I am very interested, and would love to see more pictures, and learn more information on this particular event. Obviously, I am not alone.
So, where are the pictures??
Oh, yeah, I forgot, NASA would never lie.

edit on 4-3-2011 by thorazineshuffle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

www.sis-group.org.uk...

The course of the comet may actually change in the next few months - it has to negotiate the attraction of Jupiter, for example, and it could possibly be deflected by one of those dark objects lurking in near space (see yesterday).

edit on 4-3-2011 by kalenga because: problem with images

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalenga
reply to post by Phage

Pity Party Mode- You have no right to slag people off the way you do? Just because you get caught out? I hope others do not believe your lame explanation?

Do you have the right to lie?
I was not "caught out".
edit on 3/4/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

You meanwww.holoscience.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Deep Impact mission had nothing to do with the electric universe, sorry.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Yes, Gringo, I was trying to put that image up but no luck! Thanks...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

IS that Elenin with 3 objects around it?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle
reply to post by randyvs

All I know is, this fact, you can debate, debunk, deny, disprove or any other "d" word comes to mind, Leonid Elenin, amateur astronomer discovered this comet. Now, If I discovered an object, and it was named after me, I would be so proud that I would look at and photograph it and show it off to the world as often as I could, I would eventually, after it passed, put out a ELENIN Comet picture book, autographed by the man who discovered it.
Where are the pictures?
NASA, who apparently, dropped the ball on this one, as they above anyone else, basically owns the sky with their technology, and resources, should be ALL over this, since they are able to observe a brand new object, aren't they all about space exploration? They should be taking the best photos, of anyone and posting them for all to see, if for nothing else, proving that they are relevant and still need funding, since Obama defunded them.
Where are the pictures??
That is why this is soo strange. There is so little on the subject, it has been 3 and half months since this discovery and only a handful of pictures, a JPL site that shows a predicted orbit of ELENIN, that may or may not be the actual orbit, as it wobbles, and could be closer or farther away.
Hell, they don't even now for sure what comets are made of anymore. all of a sudden there is this "electric comet" theory, comets are made of solid metal, not dirt, and frozen water, like what was once thought, and they do not want to study this one? Come on. Something is weird, about all of this.
Now add all of the other things, the orbit, which we do not know how may miles it takes to revolve, or if it is a one time deal. Sprinkle in a little, "Hey, we may have found a brown dwarf", Nibiru, symerian legend, hopi prophecies, November 2011/ 2012 prophecies, and it is easy to see how there could be a lot of concern, AND blowing things out of proportion. That being said, I am very interested, and would love to see more pictures, and learn more information on this particular event. Obviously, I am not alone.
So, where are the pictures??
Oh, yeah, I forgot, NASA would never lie.

edit on 4-3-2011 by thorazineshuffle because: (no reason given)

*sigh* I posted this several times, but I'll post it for you once again:
www.aerith.net...
gustavomuler.fotografiaastronomica.com...
gustavomuler.fotografiaastronomica.com...

There is plenty information on the Internet.

en.wikipedia.org...
ubasti.cfa.harvard.edu...
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
www.skyandtelescope.com...
www.suite101.com...
spaceobs.org...

Electric universe it fringe science not currently accepted in the mainstream. Stuff about brown dwarfs, Nibiru, etc are just wild speculations by new ageists and tinfoil hat people.

It's not that difficult to separate serious science from crackpot stuff.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Yep you cannot read or sinapses are in denial ,thats called ignorance,its already posted above on thispage,dates and experiment are matched and the infos outthere as typing,no not disinfo,INFO you know the stuff we read and learn..
Sorry try once again read and observe the experimental data thats what scientists dowww.holoscience.com...
Phew this is crazy the information is there that nasa scientists observed more dynamic energy than should be expected.This is definetly a disinfo agenda going on here.Shame really if the comet has electromagnetic properties then it will be perturbed like a magnet with whatever polarities the sun throws at it,and if they are highly charged negative particles the perturbelance will be lesser I.e opposites attract.+ to - whereas greater - to - polarirties repels and finally explains why comets behave so odd ,like diving into the sun ,or changing direction quickly. !Hence the concern about solar cme activity.

So are people gettin it now.Peace and light

DENY IGNORANCE DENY DISINFO

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

Here is another time gif animation that Leonid approves of:

edit on 4-3-2011 by kalenga because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I saw this already, Thank you, for reposting.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nit picking, it is just your style. You try and argue black is white, no apology to the writer, just hit them and run.
You will never get constructive conversation if you carry on like this? I go on these threads to be informed, not to be attacked with a schoolboy bully?
I always just pass your posts as a lot of the times you are inaccurate but I am just fed up of your nonchalant attitude to peeps on here innocently passing their time trying to learn more.
Did your teachers shout and through insults at you as you were trying to understand a concept?
Well, that is what you do very well? I am hoping a character like Michio Kaku comes on here and blinds you away with science way above your intelligence level?
Any takers, please, please????

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Nice find on the thunderbolts link thinkingthing. Another layer of the proverbial onion to peel. Awesome keep it up.....

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join