It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is coming!

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

I look to everything. I believe reality displays a clear interconnectedness. Supervenience has always made a lot of sense to me. I don't understand the resistance to holistic thinking. Perhaps religion and superstition has forever marred these concepts. But again, there is no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater. And by the way, it was often supposed fringe science that led to our biggest breakthroughs. The electric universe theories don't seem that far fetched to me.

Anyway, I didn't think it would be prudent to list all of the things I believe are responsible for the current state of our biosphere because they wouldn't be relevant to the thread. I'm pretty sure I said it was an amalgamation of epic proportions, meaning there is a metric ton of factors involved. Yes, of course we should always look to ourselves and all else that is obvious. No, I don't think the sky holds all of the answers by any stretch of the imagination. But checking for a correlation shouldn't be controversial. Especially when it comes to our sun and its effects on Earth. In fact I was just reading an interesting article about their relationship. Sounds From the Sun Make the Earth Dance - So very interesting.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Thanks for the info! I need to figure out what makes this so controversial. I guess I need to look in to what theories an electric universe would make irrelevant and what implications it would have on our understanding of things. I had never heard about it before today. New frontiers of science should be explored, not shut down. If you come upon any other good info please let me know. It's very interesting stuff.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thinkingthing

Thankyou the debate over Elenine is so hot because of its recent appearance on the cosmological stage and although theories abound there is science information out there and evidence to the wanderings of comets straying from their norms around the sun when cme`s erupt ,which has perplexed scientists but is now being understood more fully.Comets diving into the sun was a dillema recently but is now understood as comets having electro-magnetic properties either buffering(orbiting ecliptically) or attracting toward the sun(diving).
Peace and positive vibes and light

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

also reply to Phage -

Could you two please hash this out in U2Us so the rest of us can focus on the thread please. Not trying to be rude but your argument is not exactly relevant to the discussion.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker
reply to post by kalenga

also reply to Phage -

Could you two please hash this out in U2Us so the rest of us can focus on the thread please. Not trying to be rude but your argument is not exactly relevant to the discussion.

Thanks.

Agreed, im going through pages to try to catch up on this subject, and all i see is bickering and complaining about something or another, real frustrating when your trying to catch yourself up on the TOPIC at hand. Not trying to be rude, but just take it somewhere else please?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
There are Seven established dates, that correlate to the Appointed Times of the Almighty with mathematical symmetry this year.

These dates should be honorable to know and to be aware of by anyone who claims to be a believer in the GOD of Israel and His Messiah YESHUA, given to us by Him, so that we may know the times and season of His Coming and for Signs.

In this link are those appointed days, using each of those days as the marker, the calculated earth distance of Comet Elenin and the Sun Distance of Elenin determined the verse, Amazing / see the X flare 2.2 sign on 2/15 an Incredible display of His providence in All things.

Nothing is to hard for the maker of Heaven and Earth

solarcycletwentyfour.blogspot.com...

the wise shall shine like the stars of heaven...... none of the wicked will understand

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

The only "hashing out" I've done is to point out a lie about what I had said. I would prefer that be public.

I'm commenting on and trying to provide some information (which may or may not be accepted). I am not engaging in conversation about ATS members or their perceived attitudes.

edit on 3/4/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

Bravo, you have got my point in that I have came across loads of threads where phage derails and keeps getting away with it. I will never rant ever again as I just got so fed up with seeing this happening one time too many....

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Some have no humility and in the decorum section clearly states

The Above Network Sites Are Not For Everyone Let's face it, many people spend time in online discussion boards expressly to entertain themselves with their audacious and rude behavior. Others may feel many of our topics are important, but simply aren't able to moderate their rhetoric and/or passion to fit within the confines of civilized debate. Our sites are not for these people, and in fact, these groups also have a difficult time understanding our intent. However, there is no shortage of venues for these types, sad as that may be.

I hope this reflects the word rhetoric and rude behaviour not fitting in with relevant debate.Please move on ,for continued rhetoric leads to threads being un discussable on the topic,which seems to be more so focused on when discussing comet elenine.i say no more the infos there but destracted by nonsensical chatter,its like talking to a webbot or hal from the film 2001 space odyssey,and they had to pull its battery out because of its rhetoric.No human person can win against a webbot its soul function is to assimulate everybody else to its programming.
Locutus STAR TREK
From now on you will serve us
Peace
Give us a break its not a war for boyscout points.

Saying the word Bah...humbug does`nt make immunity.
edit on 4-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Hal from 2001- A Space Odessey, I get your drift.....LOL
I will never rant ever again, gringoboy.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle

I saw this already, Thank you, for reposting.

Maybe he believes, that if he posts it a bunch of times, it might have the same effect as what was the norm for NASA.

Thank you Thor Somebody did see what I was getting at..
...................................................................................................................................................... .............

From JPL

February 01, 2011

PASADENA, Calif. -- NASA's NEOWISE mission has completed its survey of small bodies, asteroids and comets, in our solar system. The mission's discoveries of previously unknown objects include 20 comets, more than 33,000 asteroids in the main belt between Mars and Jupiter, and 134 near-Earth objects (NEOs). The NEOs are asteroids and comets with orbits that come within 45 million kilometers (28 million miles) of Earth's path around the sun.

NEOWISE is an enhancement of the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer, or WISE, mission that launched in December 2009. WISE scanned the entire celestial sky in infrared light about 1.5 times. It captured more than 2.7 million images of objects in space, ranging from faraway galaxies to asteroids and comets close to Earth.

In early October 2010, after completing its prime science mission, the spacecraft ran out of the frozen coolant that keeps its instrumentation cold. However, two of its four infrared cameras remained operational. These two channels were still useful for asteroid hunting, so NASA extended the NEOWISE portion of the WISE mission by four months, with the primary purpose of hunting for more asteroids and comets, and to finish one complete scan of the main asteroid belt.

"Even just one year of observations from the NEOWISE project has significantly increased our catalog of data on NEOs and the other small bodies of the solar systems," said Lindley Johnson, NASA's program executive for the NEO Observation Program.

Now that NEOWISE has successfully completed a full sweep of the main asteroid belt, the WISE spacecraft will go into hibernation mode and remain in polar orbit around Earth, where it could be called back into service in the future.

In addition to discovering new asteroids and comets, NEOWISE also confirmed the presence of objects in the main belt that had already been detected. In just one year, it observed about 153,000 rocky bodies out of approximately 500,000 known objects. Those include the 33,000 that NEOWISE discovered.

NEOWISE also observed known objects closer and farther to us than the main belt, including roughly 2,000 asteroids that orbit along with Jupiter, hundreds of NEOs and more than 100 comets.

These observations will be key to determining the objects' sizes and compositions. Visible-light data alone reveal how much sunlight reflects off an asteroid, whereas infrared data is much more directly related to the object's size. By combining visible and infrared measurements, astronomers also can learn about the compositions of the rocky bodies -- for example, whether they are solid or crumbly. The findings will lead to a much-improved picture of the various asteroid populations.

NEOWISE took longer to survey the whole asteroid belt than WISE took to scan the entire sky because most of the asteroids are moving in the same direction around the sun as the spacecraft moves while it orbits Earth. The spacecraft field of view had to catch up to, and lap, the movement of the asteroids in order to see them all.

"You can think of Earth and the asteroids as racehorses moving along in a track," said Amy Mainzer, the principal investigator of NEOWISE at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif. "We're moving along together around the sun, but the main belt asteroids are like horses on the outer part of the track. They take longer to orbit than us, so we eventually lap them."

NEOWISE data on the asteroid and comet orbits are catalogued at the NASA-funded International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center, a clearinghouse for information about all solar system bodies at the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory in Cambridge, Mass. The science team is analyzing the infrared observations now and will publish new findings in the coming months.

When combined with WISE observations, NEOWISE data will aid in the discovery of the closest dim stars, called brown dwarfs. These observations have the potential to reveal a brown dwarf even closer to us than our closest known star, Proxima Centauri, if such an object does exist. Likewise, if there is a hidden gas-giant planet in the outer reaches of our solar system, data from WISE and NEOWISE could detect it.

The first batch of observations from the WISE mission will be available to the public and astronomical community in April.

"WISE has unearthed a mother lode of amazing sources, and we're having a great time figuring out their nature," said Edward (Ned) Wright.

...................................................................................................................................................... ............

Now I pulled these out of the above as they are the main points of interest.

In addition to discovering new asteroids and comets, NEOWISE also confirmed the presence of objects in the main belt that had already been detected. In just one year, it observed about 153,000 rocky bodies out of approximately 500,000 known objects. Those include the 33,000 that NEOWISE discovered.

NEOWISE also observed known objects closer and farther to us than the main belt, including roughly 2,000 asteroids that orbit along with Jupiter, hundreds of NEOs and more than 100 comets.

When combined with WISE observations, NEOWISE data will aid in the discovery of the closest dim stars, called brown dwarfs. These observations have the potential to reveal a brown dwarf even closer to us than our closest known star, Proxima Centauri, if such an object does exist. Likewise, if there is a hidden gas-giant planet in the outer reaches of our solar system, data from WISE and NEOWISE could detect it.

...................................................................................................................................................... .............

Funny how well these three paragraphs seem so ment for each other.

Anyway I just want to make sure Wilde and Phage are aware.of what NASA has seemingly come very close to admiting. You gents want to speak to this a little if you havn't already . I would be very interested in what you or anyone for that matter might bring to the table.:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalenga
reply to post by Phage

Please read the post here properly and click the link and you will see how your slagging of Daz backfired on you when you used his so called 'garbage sources' to prove your point later on that thread!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nothing back fired on him. Daz first links he posted were what was called garbage. Later Daz posted another link and comment from a NASA site and it just so happened that then Phage also used this site (not the former sites he called garbage) and used the NASA site as a source to support some info (because you all kept on him about not using sources).....then you guys came back and claimed he used the same links of info that DAZ posted earlier in which phage claimed was garbage and it was clear that Phage did NOT link those former links from Daz....he linked the later link which was of NASA that DAZ later used.

You guys called him out on NOTHING. That is a total lie.

This has gotten far beyond ridiculous.

If the shoe was on the other foot...I would of stuck up for you or Daz either way. There were many rude comments to Phage when all he did was calmly try to explain alot of things that made sense.

You all kept calling him a bully and disinfo agent which was totally uncalled for. The ones being rude on the thread were you and daz. Phage was never rude. He stuck to the topic...never made any personal attacks (which you both claimed he did as well as claimed he was being a bully).

What are you two doing here if you cant take someone challenging your thoughts or sources?

It actually ruined a whole thread and I feel sorry for the other poster that opened that thread.

Absolutely nothing....backfired on Phage. It looks like you and daz dont like being challenged and cant handle it in a calm and kind way...then you turn around and say the other person is a bully and is attacking you.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalenga
reply to post by Phage

Nit picking, it is just your style. You try and argue black is white, no apology to the writer, just hit them and run.
You will never get constructive conversation if you carry on like this? I go on these threads to be informed, not to be attacked with a schoolboy bully?
I always just pass your posts as a lot of the times you are inaccurate but I am just fed up of your nonchalant attitude to peeps on here innocently passing their time trying to learn more.
Did your teachers shout and through insults at you as you were trying to understand a concept?
Well, that is what you do very well? I am hoping a character like Michio Kaku comes on here and blinds you away with science way above your intelligence level?
Any takers, please, please????

Seriously...you have posted this here as well as in the other thread!!!! Get over people bringing other thoughts to threads!

You and another poster were the attackers and the bullies.

You can not show me one post in that other thread where Phage acted as a bully or attacked you or any other poster on there.

I think what is the problem is he actually can explain things without copy and pasting sources. This is some of the most BS waste of space I have seen in a long time.

When someone is confident of their stance...they are calm and collected. Show a little maturity at least and dont make claims of other people that are completely false to make yourself look better. There was no attacking or bullying. He did call a couple of the threads garbage but that is not a attack or bullying. You went on and on about him being a disinfo agent and his whole purpose is to derail threads. He constantly stays ON TOPIC!

Phage...thank you for sticking around and staying calm and continuing your reply's and posts.

Im not saying anyone was right or wrong with their points....Im saying the immaturity of it all was defiantly not from Phage and I enjoyed reading both sides of peoples thoughts (though I had to skip over many many cheep shots by other posters based on their personal feelings against a certain poster.

It was all very uncalled for. And then to find it all going on in another thread!!!! God LORD!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
STOP with the bickering, or I will release my hamsters of war on you.

Right, where were we? Oh yes, comets diving into the Sun. I see nothing abnormal with that, since that's what gravity does. A collision course is just as possible as a non-collision course.

As for the electric model of the universe, why doesn't that guy present his findings and calculation to the scientific community for review? Just because there's a website, a book and a video (no matter how well-written and convincing they sound) doesn't make it real science yet. Electric universe is a woo-science.
edit on 5-3-2011 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvsMaybe he believes, that if he posts it a bunch of times, it might have the same effect as what was the norm for NASA.

I'm only reposting this because people keep saying there are no pictures or any other info about Elenin, whereas there clearly is. But it's ok, I'm can be patient.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Sorry but there are a few holes appearing and it is a critical discussion,that affected a member in the heat of debate, here are some answers.
No more discussion on webot type behaviour .Views are expression but changing answers is not and is disracting .The discussion is about comet elenine and orbitals that change observational data .Rhetoric is one thing but u-turning is another,end of previous anomaly !Wildespace your pics are awesome !
Peace and light

edit on 5-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

"Sundiving comets—a.k.a. "sungrazers"—are nothing new. SOHO typically sees one every few days, plunging inward and disintegrating as solar heat sublimes its volatile ices. "But 25 comets in just ten days, that's unprecedented,"" says Battams." - Nasa Science News

Yes, they have a pretty unimpressive looking website, but they have a ton of pretty impressive references at the bottom of the page here. Electric Theory Website
Definitely enough to get started researching the matter, if that is what you are interested in doing. I know I am.

I'm all for theories that employ reason and observation rather than relying solely on abstract math. Mathematics does not represent an end, it represents a means. Though math is associated with ending in a discovered value, or a proven truth, it is not synonymous with finding “proven truth.” Mathematical objects are not physical objects, they are based on objects we’ve constructed through our cognitive processes. In other words, mathematics is not the end all be all. Don't get me wrong, I love mathematics and what it can do, but I think there is more going on in the Universe than math alone can explain.

Anyhow, If you read through the science that they base their theory on, you might find it's a lot more plausible than black holes and dark matter and a lot less counter-intuitive. I'm not suggesting that it means that they are right, only that they are on to something that warrants critical thinking and investigation. I find it more exciting that it's a largely unexplored area.

If their theory turns out to be correct, I can only imagine what it means for Comet Elenin.

As far as its philosophical implications...this is what I have been looking for. It would explain so much. In the subatomic world, the anomalous behavior of electrons has always intrigued me. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. Endlessly fascinating.

Reminds me of this song...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thinkingthing

This is ultimately the dilemma, there are currently 10 theories that answer the universe as it is and ,well all are abstractably testable and the constant and quantum,holographic being the only ones observable.It is true maths equating has its limit to ajoining all that scientists now see and observe but need testable observed data to then figure out how to piece the jigsaw together.
It is the hope of science to find that equation,however it is as elusive as allways.Currently M-brane theory (multivrese)is a good forerunner.However yet again the dillema ,the universe just got bigger !
I am comfortable elenine will be a once in a lifetime event for many and is definetly the spectacle of this year....oops ,watch what i am saying timewave theory !

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Sorry but there are a few holes appearing and it is a critical discussion,that affected a member in the heat of debate, here are some answers.
No more discussion on webot type behaviour .Views are expression but changing answers is not and is disracting .The discussion is about comet elenine and orbitals that change observational data .Rhetoric is one thing but u-turning is another,end of previous anomaly !Wildespace your pics are awesome !
Peace and light

edit on 5-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

Ack! I had a response about all of this and just lost it all.

So to sum it up short...I did not see what you are saying happened above.

I saw 2 different points being made about the difference in Apollo 10 and Apollo 13 missions.

The point of that was because someone said this asteroid could be a direct hit and another said it could not.

The direct hit was based on a assumption that the object could enter the area of the moons orbit where it could get sling shotted to earth.

No one was denying that a sling shot method was not possible IF a object was on the right path for such an event to take place.

The the debate went off topic about Apollo 10 and 13 and which one used the sling shot method. Instead, I would of loved to see some solid ground that this object that was being discussed COULD be close enough to enter the area in which is COULD be slung to earth but I dont recall seeing that.

I did not see what you claim to of seen about going back on what one had already said...>I only saw a clarity of what was being discussed.

I watched your link btw about what you said was a slingshot but to me that did nto look like what a sling shot event does. Can you help me understand this?

From what I understand, when something performs a slingshot....it does not go around the object (moon or planet) several times. Something can enter the moons orbit in a certain direction to slow down or even get sped up....but when someone orbits the moon doesnt the angle of the object have to change to remain in that orbit and if it was to slingshot....would it stay in the orbit and go completly fully around the moon or planet.

Im sorry for my lack of explaining what Im trying to say well...

Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join