It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is coming!

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Nice article
www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I wonder why no one is panicking about Honda-Mrkos-Pajdusakova.

Oh really Phage, come on now. It is easy to run around screaming "Elenin is coming, Elenin is coming, We are doomed"

Now try the with Honda-Mrkos-Pajdusakova!

edit on 5/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

Take a deep breath in. Now exhale slowly. Look into my eyes. Elenin is not Nibiru. Nibiru is not real. Calm. Peace.

There that's better.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Brillliant had to laugh,fever,fever !I happened to notice that it is stating a asteroid came 3400 miles close to earth and caused concern.www.examiner.com...

Astronomers only get really nervous when objects are projected to come within the orbit of the Moon. Asteroid 2011 CQ1 came within 3400 miles of Earth just last month (Feb/2011). Continue reading on Examiner.com: Comet Elenin - comet fever is alive and well - Aurora astronomy | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

Oh well this one will be definetly be of concern yu55 coming within 149,000 miles of earth.on 9th november..mmm and I was put in the hoax corner for alerting people about it ,interesting WHY? You may ask,check it out and learn.
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
The thread .is this dishing a alert or what www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Compliments to Thorfourwinds for the initials of alertingwww.abovetopsecret.com...
reply to post by gringoboy
Greetings Earthlings, Other Assorted Visitors, gringoboy..another great thread.

Perhaps this may interest you also.

This updated version of a previous post is intended to provide additional eye candy to attempt to draw your attention to the relevant information contained herein. This is a test, people. Please open your workbooks and sign in and thank you for your undivided attention. Seatbacks in the upright position, buckle your seatbelts...onward through the fog!

"OOPS...we have a problem, Houston."

Without warning, the relatively calm solar atmosphere of our seemingly benevolent Sun can be torn asunder by sudden outbursts of a scale unknown on Earth. Catastrophic events of incredible energy...stretching up to halfway across the visible solar surface, suddenly and unpredictably open up and expel their contents, defying the Sun's enormous gravity.

This is a coronal mass ejection (CME), a massive burst of solar wind, other light isotope plasma, and magnetic fields rising above the solar corona or being released into space.

Coronal mass ejections are often associated with other forms of solar activity, most notably solar flares, but a causal relationship has not been established. Most ejections originate from active regions on Sun's surface, such as groupings of sunspots associated with frequent flares. CMEs occur during both the solar maxima and the solar minima of sun activity, albeit with decreased frequency during the minima.

Coronal mass ejections release huge quantities of matter and electromagnetic radiation into space above the sun's surface, either near the corona or farther into the planet system or beyond (interplanetary CME - remember this term and look for it in the MSM). The ejected material is a plasma consisting primarily of electrons and protons, but may contain small quantities of heavier elements such as helium, oxygen, and even iron. It is associated with enormous changes and disturbances in the coronal magnetic field. Coronal mass ejections are usually observed with a white-light coronagraph.

Recent scientific research has shown that the phenomenon of magnetic reconnection is responsible for CME and solar flares. Magnetic reconnection is the name given to the rearrangement of magnetic field lines when two oppositely directed magnetic fields are brought together. This rearrangement is accompanied with a sudden release of energy stored in the original oppositely directed fields.

On the sun, magnetic reconnection may happen on solar arcades—a series of closely occurring loops of magnetic lines of force. These lines of force quickly reconnect into a low arcade of loops, leaving a helix of magnetic field unconnected to the rest of the arcade. The sudden release of energy in this reconnection causes the solar flare. The unconnected magnetic helical field and the material that it contains may violently expand outwards forming a CME.

This also explains why CMEs and solar flares typically erupt from what are known as the active regions on the sun where magnetic fields are much stronger on average.

IMPACT ON PLANET EARTH

When the ejection is directed towards the Earth and reaches it as an interplanetary CME (ICME), the shock wave of the traveling mass of Solar Energetic Particles causes a geomagnetic storm that may disrupt the Earth's magnetosphere, compressing it on the day side and extending the night-side magnetic tail. When the magnetosphere reconnects on the nightside, it releases power on the order of terawatt scale, which is directed back toward the Earth's upper atmosphere. THIS CANNOT BODE WELL FOR THE LIVING CREATURES ON EARTH...ya think?.

This process can cause particularly strong auroras in large regions around Earth's magnetic poles. These are also known as the Northern Lights (aurora borealis) in the northern hemisphere, and the Southern Lights (aurora australis) in the southern hemisphere. Coronal mass ejections, along with solar flares of other origin, can disrupt radio transmissions and cause damage to satellites and electrical transmission line facilities, resulting in potentially massive and long-lasting power outages.

Humans in space or at high altitudes, for example, in airplanes, risk exposure to intense radiation. Short-term damage might include skin irritation. Long-term consequences might include an increased risk of developing skin cancer.

This has happened recently, albeit on a smaller scale.

On 1 August 2010, during solar cycle 24, scientists at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CfA) observed a series of four large CMEs emanating from the Earth-facing hemisphere. The initial CME was generated by an eruption on August 1 associated with sunspot 1092, a sunspot which was large enough to be seen without the aid of a solar telescope. The event produced significant aurorae on August 4.

Read more at:

en.wikipedia.org...

I also find the following to be of significant interest and I share with all. I think Clif is on to something here.
Into the rabbit hole we merrily skip, eyes wide open, humming a tune..."Ticket to Ride?...

>

I hope some of you are still in the saddle, because it just gets better...check this out:

"ALTA Process"

Here at Half Past Human, we forecast the future.

We are not alone in forecasting the future, all humans do it to some degree. Just a quick search of the internet will provide dozens of forms of future forecasting. Some use astrology, some use other methods.

We employ a technique based on radical linguistics to reduce extracts from readings of dynamic postings on the internet into an archetypical database. With this database of archtypical language, we calculate the rate of change of the language. The forecasts of the future are derived from these calculations. Our calculations are based on a system of associations between words and numeric values for emotional responses from those words. These 'emotional impact indicators' are also of our own devising. They are attached to a data base of over 300/three hundred thousand words. This data base of linked words/phrases and emotions is our lexicon from which the future forecasting is derived."

Read the entire file here:

www.halfpasthuman.com...

Also, to further your journey down this particular rabbit hole (this is, IMHO, a false flag to draw attention to the real possibility of an "event" in mid to late October which involves Elinin and a recently-found new guest to the table...2005 YU55...which arrives just in time for the "11-11-11" prophecies (the actual date is 8/11/2011).

The rock, 2005YU55 has been documented at about 400 meters/1312 feet in size and inbound at about 15.5 kps/34 672 mph/50 853/sec.

Compare this to Elinin: NO SIZE, and inbound at 23.7 kps/53 015 mph. To make it something to actually relate to (can you actually conceptualize 53 000 mph?), it is 25 918 yards per second...about 260 football fields laid end-to-end PER SECOND.

Now, here is where it gets interesting. It has not exactly been frontpage news in the drive-by media (thanks Rush) that 2005 YU55 will come inside the orbit of the moon. The moon being about 384 403 km/238 857 miles distance from Earth, 2005 YU55 will whiz between the Earth and the Moon at a distance of 315 000 km/201 714 miles.

Question? Do these figures indicate that 2005 YU55 will pass by the Moon at about 69 403 km/371 miles distance on 8/11/2011? That's only 12 780 605 488 inches. Seems close to me. Just saying...

How about the fact that there is here-to-fore NO PUBLISHED evidence of the size of Elinin, but it is described as a comet. And we have no telescopes cabable of accomplishing this? Or, TPTB have something else in mind for the sheeple.

"A comet is an icy small Solar System body that, when close enough to the Sun, displays a visible coma (a thin, fuzzy, temporary atmosphere) and sometimes also a tail. These phenomena are both due to the effects of solar radiation and the solar wind upon the nucleus of the comet. Comet nuclei are themselves loose collections of ice, dust, and small rocky particles, ranging from a few hundred meters to tens of kilometers across. In the case of Temple1 (foto below), it happens to be 4.6 MILES by 3 MILES, and weighing in at 70-110 BILLION TONS.

Comets have been observed since ancient times and have historically been considered bad omens.

Ya think?

Time is getting short.

Thoughts, anyone?

In Peace & Light

Reputation intact no matter the agenda the infos there for all to see.
Peace

edit on 5-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

Elenin has already passed Jupiter and is currently negotiating the asteroid belt. She should be clear of may by May.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/334bb62e307d.png[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Deep Impact mission had nothing to do with the electric universe, sorry.

No, sorry to you. It very definitely did but not because of NASA.

You will find information about the 'electric' part of deep impact here

As gringoboy has already mentioned the bright flare just before impact was predicted by the Electric Universe theory but was not expected by the NASA scientists.

Put aside the cold hard science for 5 minutes and take a look. It has some merit.

Should Elenin flare, which I believe she will if the Electric Universe theory is correct, then that will be another confirmation of the theory.

Electric universe is fringe science not currently accepted in the mainstream

So was mainstream astronomical theory until accepted by mainstream astronomy if you see what I mean. After all 'fringe' astronomy said that the Earth went round the sun when everyone knew that of course the Sun went round the Earth. After all it says so in the scriptures! (Qu'ran)

Because something is called 'fringe' by the mainstream is no reason to not look at it. An enquiring mind should explore all aspects and not stick rigidly to dogma as I have said before in this thread.

Watch the videos. If you then do not agree that is fine. I have no problem with that and would be interested to know why you think the theory is wrong. If on the other hand you choose not to view the videos than you do not have the tools to hand to be able to decry the theory. (Not that I am saying you are by the way)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
STOP with the bickering, or I will release my hamsters of war on you.

Seconded

As for the electric model of the universe, why doesn't that guy present his findings and calculation to the scientific community for review? Just because there's a website, a book and a video (no matter how well-written and convincing they sound) doesn't make it real science yet. Electric universe is a woo-science.
edit on 5-3-2011 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

www.plasma-universe.com...

Do not be so quick to deny. It is not just a web site and a video. There have been learned papers, but you know what sort of cliques are formed in mainstream science. Take a look at Further developments In fact even though it is Wikipedia read the whole page. I am not saying it is completely right but there certainly seem elements that make sense.

It is no more 'woo-science' than the preposterous idea of a black hole. So this black hole is so dense that nothing can escape, but something does escape and so the astronomers have to come up with another invention to try and explain that? Bear in mind that black holes are theoretical anyway.

It is no more woo-science than the equally preposterous notion of a 'neutron star' rotating at 30 times a second or even faster.

Do me a favour please and do not call it woo-science again until you have looked into it. If you still disagree with all of it you may then call it woo-science.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

I am hoping a character like Michio Kaku comes on here and blinds you away with science way above your intelligence level?

Michio Kaku?
If he is talking about his own field yes, but all the other things he gets involved with he would do better to be quiet and stop making a fool of himself.

No more arguing please. We are all here to learn, to have a bit of fun, and a bit of doom if you want it.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

As someone who is not an expert in these things, I'll wait until EU becomes the subject of discussion in publications from universities, labs and space agencies. I don't want to be wooed by a video or an article someone wrote.

A comet flaring up when close to the Sun doesn't contradict the accepted laws of nature, so I don't see how it's gonna be a score in EU's favour.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Ah, that's why I could find anything about EU on Wikipedia, it hides under the name Plasma Cosmology. Thanks for the link.

As for black holes, there is observational evidence of bodies so small and so compact that the only known explanation is that they are black holes. I don't know of any other possible mechanism for such high orbital velocity of stars and such powerful gamma and X-ray emissions. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Any idea how big yu55 is? I just saw how on the 9th, it gets 0.0023au from earth, thats freaking CLOSE. Why are we not discussing this? All this talk about the 11th, is for elenin right? So we would have both right next to us at that point then? Would there be any chance of yu55 and elenin somehow hitting each other? Sorry to bombard you with questions, i just find it interesting that we dont discuss yu55 even though it seems like its on a direct course to us in november. Crazy stuff man. Stars for you!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

That is a pity. You should enquire. Never mind.

A comet flaring up when close to the Sun doesn't contradict the accepted laws of nature, so I don't see how it's gonna be a score in EU's favour.

But unless I am mistaken this is not explained by mainstream astronomers who seem surprised when this happens. So what is the accepted law of nature, given that it does not happen to all comets?

Therefore, during the 2007 outburst of Comet Holmes the coma was a sphere wider than the diameter of the Moon's orbit around Earth. On 2007 November, the coma had dispersed to an area larger than the sun, briefly giving it the largest extended atmosphere in the solar system.[2][12]

The cause of the outburst is not definitely known. The huge cloud of gas and dust may have resulted from a collision with a meteoroid, or, more probably, from a build-up of gas inside the comet's nucleus which eventually broke through the surface. However, researchers at the Max Planck Institute suggest in a paper published in Astronomy and Astrophysics that the brightening can be explained by a thick, air-tight dust cover and the effects of H2O sublimation, with the comet's porous structure providing more surface area for sublimation, up to one order of magnitude greater. Energy from the Sun – insolation – was stored in the dust cover and the nucleus within the months before the outburst.

Source

Since not one single comet that has been visited has been found to be a 'ball of ice' this explanation seems unlikely.

As for black holes, there is observational evidence of bodies so small and so compact that the only known explanation is that they are black holes. I don't know of any other possible mechanism for such high orbital velocity of stars and such powerful gamma and X-ray emissions

Electric Universe/Plasma Cosmology?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Is the comet really going to be closest on 11/11?
If it is, I am really weirded out by that. I am one of those 11:11 people. I have been haunted by this # for a year now.
With all the current turmoil in the world along with other threats i.e. comet, cme's, EQ's, etc, how can anyone say the Mayans were wrong. If this isn't a time of great change, I'm a gnome.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

The comet will pass by on between mid september /late october but will be closest on the 16th october.However the asteroid yu55 which is reported to be passing between earth and moon on the 8th november(8/11)at a distance of 149,000 miles,rate of speed 34,600 ish mph,and size 1340feet.This is the thing ,were will be the moon on its transit,thats the dillema.The moon is 238,857 miles. from earth and current figures put the asteroid to within 12 million inches of the moon in itsorbit as both transit at the same time.
If this impacts the moon then the planets water will be perturbed and a deluge will ensue.However take comfort that nasa predicts no impacts with earth for 100 years,remember earth,not the moon.
edit on 5-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Comets have different compositions. An outburst when near the Sun may be caused by large amounts of gas and volatiles in the comet heating up and breaking out of the nucleus though sublimation.

As for EU, I'm a fence-sitter. If it does pick up in the scientific community and is researched more widely, I'm all for it. Until then, it's just some guy's suggestion.
edit on 5-3-2011 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
echo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Estimated to be 400 meters in diameter.
Close approach to Earth on Nov 8 at 0.00217334704781391 AU.
Close approach to the Moon on Nov 9 at 0.00160247976572088 AU.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

THE GREAT QUAKE IN NEW ZEALAND PREDICTED
By now most of your readers will have heard about the devastating earthquake last week (Feb 22) in Christchurch New Zealand. What is significant about this event is that a prediction was made eight days earlier that a major earthquake was likely within a ten day window. The man who made the prediction is a New Zealander by the name of Ken Ring, who for many years has been predicting the weather, up to a year in advance and often far more accurately than our Met service.
This time, Ken posted on his website an earthquake prediction based on the phase of the moon, alignment of planets with the sun and a coronal discharge from the sun. And, sadly he has been proved right. On his weblog there are many people who are saying they are alive and well thanks to the fact they listened.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

What a good, detailed, well put together post.

I would say that the sun, with its cme's, the alligments, and moon cycle, all of this would also affect orbits of comets, for example. In addition, who knows what they're picking up near the sun, that "sundog" and that seems to be the right position for the SOHO orb that was there as well?

I also don't understand why there are two dates of significance with this "comet", ie. May 15 keeps coming up, my brother who doesn't follow online news, and thinks everything on the computer is entertainment and ignores me now is bringing up May 15th as a date connected to the comet, and of course the end of Oct, that one is the Mayan Night. Also, Comet Honda is coming nearish Aug 11, 2011 as well.

Comet Honda flung meteors at Venus out of its tail last pass.

I think of this will be powered by the sun, and affected by flares, and other things.

Ultimately ALL OF IT is affected by our consciousness, and the polarity of our planet. We have to start undoing the WAR AND STARVATION THING we've let the bloodlines get away with.
edit on 5-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Provided nothing perturbs it between now and november yu55 should be a safe passby.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Comets have different compositions. An outburst when near the Sun may be caused by large amounts of gas and volatiles in the comet heating up and breaking out of the nucleus though sublimation.

Shame the actual inspection of comets does not show any of this but never mind. You may fall down on the EU side of the fence one day!

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join