It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is coming!

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, not *really* close, 5.5 million miles, but closer than Elenin. I wonder why no one is panicking about Honda-Mrkos-Pajdusakova.

I'm sure someone will be now

To me, that still sounds like way too far away to worry about, but people like to worry themselves into a frenzy for some reason. If something comes at us out of the sky, there probably isn't much we could do, so worrying isn't going to help.

Now, if you ever tell us to panic, duck and cover, run, whatever, THEN I might start to worry a little.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Closer than I would like to see. I do not know why no one is very interested in this comet. I am concerned about ALL of them. lol.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle
]

what about this comet??!!?? its going to be close, REALLY, close in August 18, 2011.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 1-3-2011 by thorazineshuffle because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2011 by thorazineshuffle because: (no reason given)

The orbital diagram is a bit incorrect, the close approach will be on Aug 15. The close approach will be at 0.06 AU (9 million km or 5.5 million miles). The comet is 1.6 km in diameter, and will have apparent magnitude of 8.05 (too faint to see with the naked eye).

When it come to close approaches, some asteroids come a lot closer. Asteroid 2009 BD will come at 0.00231 AU from us on June 2. ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle
reply to post by Phage

Closer than I would like to see. I do not know why no one is very interested in this comet. I am concerned about ALL of them. lol.

Then this link is just for you ;-) www.spaceweather.com...
Scroll down to the table of the upcoming close encounters.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Yes it is. Silly me should have checked first.

So now all the Nibiru followers can calm down. Nibiru is said to come from the South first so chill cos Elenin is just a normal comet.

No Nibiru this time

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Okay this is all very new to me. Very interesting, I'm going to be reading this thread for a very long time apparently. Which is a shame because I have laundry to do. Time waits for no man, and dirty socks wait for no comet.

Now if you want a odd occurrence, a song called 'The Fifth Extinction' just came up on my music play list. Long story short, a alien race decides to try and preserve their dying race by seeding a planet with DNA laced on a comet. The planet in question is Earth. Nice.

However, that said, apparently there have been a good number of comets and things that have come as closer or closer then we are expecting this to come to.

Besides which, if it does hit, there's really not a whole lot we can do about it. I suppose we could always shoot nukes at it. That's always fun. Who knows what that would do. Maybe it would vaporize part of it and cause it to go off course, that would be preferable, or maybe it'll just shatter and irradiate it, causing our planet to get hit with high radiation interstellar buckshot.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

NASA buzzroom video! Comet Elenin - its coming very CLOSE - Less than 40k miles?! March 3

One thing I know for sure, with all of NASA's lies, and censor blocks on cosmic viewers, and photo alterations, they have less credibility than Sorcha Faal.

They obviously know more than will ever say, and anything we hear is just whatever they think we will buy into.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Russian Warning Issued Over “Controlled” Comet Headed Towards Earth

I came accross this article about Elenin, i don't now if this named before?

Earth-Issues posting about a chilling report prepared for President Medvedev by Minister Serdyukov of the Russian Defense Ministry on the building of an additional 5,000 underground ‘bomb’ shelters in Moscow warns that even though progress is being made, the appearance of the new Comet Elenin in our Solar System means“additional resources” will have to be added “immediately” as the 2012 timeline for completion “may not be soon enough”. Sparking the fears of Minister Serdyukov, he says in this report, is that based upon the new orbit calculations for Comet Elenin, it appears in “all likelihood” that this celestial object is under some type of “intelligent control” and will approach our Earth “much closer” than originally thought this coming fall season.

thewatchers.adorraeli.com...
edit on 3-3-2011 by ni91ck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

Leave it to the Russians to report what no MSM westeren reporter would.

Fantastic. A aimable comet.

Actually man, I think that article needs it's own thread.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Vaykun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
For your reading pleasure: my.opera.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

Could make a thread on his own, but ishare with others in this thread. I think it need more attention what is really going on??? Let's see where this ends?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ni91ck
reply to post by Vaykun

Could make a thread on his own, but ishare with others in this thread. I think it need more attention what is really going on??? Let's see where this ends?

thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

[Ed. Note: Western governments and their intelligence services actively campaign against the information found in these reports so as not to alarm their citizens about the many catastrophic Earth changes and events to come, a stance that the Sisters of Sorcha Faal strongly disagrees with in believing that it is every human beings right to know the truth. Due to our missions conflicts with that of those governments, the responses of their ‘agents’ against us has been a longstanding misinformation/misdirection campaign designed to discredit and which is addressed in the report “Who Is Sorcha Faal?”.]

Sorcha Faal is a well know hoaxer.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

Stories about Elenin will be many and varied as it gets closer.

Most of them will be complete BS like that site. Steerable comet

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I like it how there are two threads side by side in this Forum: "Comet Elenin is coming!" and "Comet elenin is not there?"

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

See that's messed up. Nick you did the right thing posting your findings here. If every one made a new thread
everytime new information waqs released Then you have no consolidation of information. I could have made a thread with some of the info I've posted here. Out of respect for Puterman puting this awesome thread up I just refuse not to post it here. Good job nick. That's how it should be, so there arn't bits of info scattered from hell and back.

Vaykun

Actually man, I think that article needs it's own thread.

See if you like a topic enough. You don't want the info spread all over Gods creation. Sure you can usually do what you want, to a certain extent. There's just not much reason to do that, since spin offs never do that well anyway. It's only a matter of integrity.
edit on 3-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Dont know if anybody is interested but here are some figures i worked out according to the JPL browser. I don't know how accurate JPL is but when there is nothing else to go by I guess it will have to do.

All start from January 1st in each year..

1600 a.d - 1700a.d - travelled 52.556 a.u
1700 a.d - 1800a.d - travelled 58.644 a.u
1800 a.d - 1900a.d - travelled 69.849 a.u
1900 a.d - 2000a.d - travelled 101.346 a.u

From 2000 - 2005 travelling from 1.6 a.u - 1.9 a.u per year, From 2005 - 2010 travelling 2.0 a.u - 2.9 a.u per year.
In 2010 - 2011 Elenin travelled 3.555 a.u in this year. From the 1st of January til September 11, Elenin will travel 3.490 a.u in this time.

I gather it is normal for a comet to speed up as it gets closer to the sun. This object is humming, Has anybody found out how big this thing is? If the tail is as big as what I have heard, this Comet must be a big one. The Orbit of this thing is unbelievable. The oort cloud is roughly 50,000 a.u away from the sun, this comet according to JPL goes out 320 a.u. and that isn't even the complete orbit.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

We need to get a visual on it. Certainly, more than one person has a telescope large enough to view it, wouldn't you think?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
You should worry more about asteroid (2005 YU55) as its trajectory is 0.0022AU from earth a mere 205,000 miles / 327,000 km / 0.85 lunar distances away from earth on November 9 2011:

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

Some photos here: www.aerith.net...
Time-lapse animations: gustavomuler.fotografiaastronomica.com...
gustavomuler.fotografiaastronomica.com...

Comet Elenin is estimated to be 3-4 km in diameter, relatively small for a long-period comet.

An yes, anything that approaches the Sun from far away will speed up, then slow down again as it gets further.
Elenin might be a "one-off" comet, coming here for the first time and never returning again. In this perspective, the estimates for its orbital period have no real meaning.

By the way, freshly-updated data at JPL: ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Thanks for the info! you would think that there would be daily photos of elenin, well, if i had a large enough telescope, i would post pics everyday. lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join