It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is coming!

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by admiralvenderfry

This is not by way of complaint but could I just clarify for those of us who are not American, are you referring to an American date format here or a European date format?

I have assumed you are American and thus the "during the 3/11/2011 thur 3/12/2011" is in genealogy format "11 Mar 2011 through 12 Mar 2011", or are you using European dates and thus we are looking at "03 Nov 2011 to 03 Dec 2011"?

If possible, in order to avoid confusion, it would be preferable to quote a month as text thus 3/Nov/2011 is just as easily identified as Nov/3/2011.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ni91ck
reply to post by Antoniastar

I think we never now it before something happens to us??? If, and i say IF a comet smashes in our backyard. ther wil be dying a lot of people. Including our soldiers that have to protect us!!!!

Hi ni91ck,

You bring up a good point. No matter how closely we monitor NEOs and even mathematically calculate the odds of space debris burning up in Earth's atmosphere as well as the ones that make it through and the outer limit objects, according to the math, that are "supposed" to be there, but remain otherwise undetected, the likelihood of a comet crashing into someone's backyard, especially taking into account the bow of Earth's natural protective shield, our magnetosphere, is a good one.

People perish due to comet impacts. And it wouldn't surprise me if there's an early warning system in place for those in-the-know that plan to coral people reserved for the new world (both military and civil) to predesignated areas. It's all been worked out well in advance. That's my opinion.

If you're able, protect yourself and those around you, especially the children and the clueless. Get the children to help you with the clueless and all should have a better chance at surviving sudden calamity. Unless you're sleeping and the comet lands in your bed.

Now that would be a serious bummer.

edit on 13-2-2011 by Antoniastar because: of a typo.

edit on 13-2-2011 by Antoniastar because: of sentence structure.

edit on 13-2-2011 by Antoniastar because: I changed 'will' to 'plan to'.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Credit to Anton for seeking this out. I think Drummers memory deserves an applause on this one. Excellent team work. The both of you.

Hi randyvious,

Well good I'm glad to know I'm on the team!
Thanks you, I try.

Anton, I like your strategy. Drummer, nice memory.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antoniastar

Credit to Anton for seeking this out. I think Drummers memory deserves an applause on this one. Excellent team work. The both of you.

Hi randyvious,

Thanks you, I try.

Gosh,.
thanks,.
Im getting all teary
But really the credit shares with Puterman,.

I am feeling somewhat ....... flakey

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This video predicts what would happen if comet Elenin passed too close to the Earth: www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Now how am I going to ever get to sleep tonight after straining my eyes reading 27 pages of frightening information?

Thank you everyone for collecting it all and making it easy to find in one place. Its what I have come to love about ATS the fact that people take the time to find information and then explain it in layman's terms.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntManBee
This video predicts what would happen if comet Elenin passed too close to the Earth: www.youtube.com...
Wow

Funny and interesting
Hard to say,. we will see

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Awkward.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by Antoniastar

Hi randyvious,

Thanks you, I try.

Gosh,.
thanks,.
Im getting all teary
But really the credit shares with Puterman,.

Yes it's understandable. You are a great contributor to this thread. And it's a good thing you're not too old yet. The memory gets a little rusty after about a hundred years.

Flakey eh? Concentrate man! We don't wanna lose one of our best guys.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntManBee

Good one!
Nice little outfit. Goes good with the light saber.

In case of impending comet: 1) Break glass. 2) Flip switch of saber to 'on' position and, 3) this is the most important part, pack a diaper, because when the dude with the rotating neck finds out you're in town, you'll need one.

For him, not you.

edit on 14-2-2011 by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I think you all diserve some extra credit for the good work, afterall some of you make a extra good contribution and make some work off it. I think when you bundle the extra brains from these people you get a proffesor mind? It just take a large head to put them in hahaha lol
Keep up the good work fooks!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Question to the "Nerds" (no offence) in this Thread. One which i asked numerous Times but never got an Answer.

Q1: With the Solar Maximum our Sun is getting into now (and the projected Path of `Elenin´),could a Sunflare or something else the Sun spits out during those Cycles,alter the Path of the Comet?

Serious Question.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Q1: With the Solar Maximum our Sun is getting into now (and the projected Path of `Elenin´),could a Sunflare or something else the Sun spits out during those Cycles,alter the Path of the Comet?

Good question actually. I have no doubt the chief Nerd (no offence C.H.U.D) can answer this better than me but my immediate observation would be that the closest Elenin will come to the Sun is around .24 AU which is (very) approximately 20,000,000 miles. I believe that the CMEs are not anywhere as long as that, but I could be wrong.

This does not take into account any effects under the electric comet theory (peace C.H.U.D) and to be honest I have no idea what those might be. It is something I am researching at present.

Sorry I can't be more help than that.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostsock
Now how am I going to ever get to sleep tonight after straining my eyes reading 27 pages of frightening information?

Thank you everyone for collecting it all and making it easy to find in one place. Its what I have come to love about ATS the fact that people take the time to find information and then explain it in layman's terms.

That is very cool you read the whole thread. The thing I take note of the most, is the silence, of the mainstream .
That in it self, is the biggest cause for concern there is at the moment. They have everything teetering on the tips of several different icebergs at the moment. With only a certain percentage of the population able to discern that..
I think even the intelligence, by wich they move, is even a giveaway, at this particular moment in time..
Hope you don't lose to much sleep though.

Puterman

Ys Drummer, Puterman is push'in back that 300 mark for flags. I figure he dosn't need the credit anymore.

Go! Puter!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Shenon

Good question actually. I have no doubt the chief Nerd (no offence C.H.U.D) can answer this better than me but my immediate observation would be that the closest Elenin will come to the Sun is around .24 AU which is (very) approximately 20,000,000 miles. I believe that the CMEs are not anywhere as long as that, but I could be wrong.

This does not take into account any effects under the electric comet theory (peace C.H.U.D) and to be honest I have no idea what those might be. It is something I am researching at present.

Sorry I can't be more help than that.

Hm,thanks for the Answer. Hopefully someone can answer that.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I am more concerned with Large Rocks than
little snowballs.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

If you raid the thread than you now that a comet is NO snowbal!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon

No offense taken.

This actually comes under solar radiation pressure which I talked about earlier. There simply isn't enough force exerted on a solid object that is the size of a comet nucleus in order to change the orbit significantly, although I would not be surprised if a *tiny* change in orbit was the result. If there was a change in orbit due to a CME, I doubt we could measure it.

We actually saw this scenario unfold in front of our eyes with Comet Encke in 2007. Click here for a video animation of the actual event.
As you can see, the CME ripped the tail off Comet Encke.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Kinda off topic but there was just an X class flare,.
cool,.. the next few days will be interesting.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Just found a little bit of new info about our lovely Elenin.

15 February 2011

Comet Elenin: Harbinger of What?
We had a chat with the Cassiopaeans the other night and got in a few questions about Comet Elenin, to wit:

Q: (Andromeda) Is the outburst of asteroid 596 Scheila related at all to Comet Elenin?

A: Yes. And other bodies. See McCanney.

Q: (Andromeda) So what caused that asteroid to become a comet?

A: It became electrified!
In case you don't know, 596 Scheila is an asteroid that suddenly began behaving like a comet this past December. See HERE for some nice images.

As I've mentioned before, James McCanney's Plasma Theory of Comets is quite interesting and deserves some consideration. I understand from a few people who have written to me about it that McCanney isn't the only one approaching the problem from this direction: there is also Wallace Thornhill and David Talbot, but I haven't yet had time to explore what they are saying.

Anyway, in respect of the above remarks by the Cassiopaeans regarding McCanney's theories vis a vis 596 Schiela, my astronomer friend made the following comment to me in a private communication:

The activity of Scheila started roughly at the same time as the storm on Saturn. Can it be because of an alignment Saturn-Elenin-a few belt asteroids-Scheila?

He included a graphic showing the alignment:

Well it just gets more strange, we even get the size of it?????

Now, what does all this mean? As it happens, there were other questions asked about Comet Elenin in that session that may be rather concerning especially in light of the recent superstorms on planet Earth, and possible future storms, not to mention the fact that we may spend some time in the tail of Comet Elenin towards the end of the year.

Q: (L) Next question. (Andromeda) Will Comet Elenin interact with and cause a major disruption of earth this year?

A: Possible yes.

Q: (Perceval) It's probably not possible to know exactly when. (L) Yeah, I think it depends on the conditions of the planet and so many other variables. It hasn't even gone through the asteroid belt yet. That traversal... The asteroid belt is between Jupiter and Mars, and it won't go through that until March and April....

A: Elenin is already taking its toll.

Q: (Perceval) How big is it?

A: 500km diameter along the long axis.

Q: (Perceval) At least it's not Venus...

A: It is growing.

Q: [discussion of answer] (L) Anything else about it?

A: And that is only the core.

Well is this the ramblings or crazies or could it be true???

The article also talks about the storm on Saturn and that Elenin has an affect on it?!

Anyway here is the link:laura-knight-jadczyk.blogspot.com...
edit on 15/2/11 by boo1981 because: bla bla

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join