It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is coming!

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I have been looking for this article but cannot find it,.
I did however make a copy of it and just need to find that,.
When Obama was first elected,. an article was posted (the source I cannot remember)
And the article stated that Obama was going to have US troops stationed in every major
US city,.in 2011, as per the article,. Something about domestic support,.
I will keep looking for the clip,. Washington Post maybe?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I came accros a site whit a picture of this "Elenin"guy, For all that who could't find it, and that conspiracy people. Its Russian translated (google). There are some explanations to???

translate.google.co.nz...://www.gazeta.ru/science/2010/12/20_a_3471201.shtml&prev=_t

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Would this be the one? It's from December 2008,

Pentagon to Detail Troops to Bolster Domestic Security

edit on 12-2-2011 by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Also I found this one, when I was looking for the one I posted previously. The word 'shift' was nowhere in the key words that I entered into Google's search engine.

At the same time, the consensus behind Mr. Obama’s plan may stem in part from the subsiding violence since Mr. Bush changed strategies and sent more troops in January 2007, a shift that the new president, who opposed it, did not directly address in his speech.

With Pledges to Troops and Iraqis, Obama Details Pullout

Hmm, I really don't know if I want to know the sordid details of the "pullout".

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Great find,. Yes, that would be the story,.
Thank you for the help,.
For me, this added a bit of more mystery to this "potential" event
that somebody may also have known about what was coming,.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I think we never now it before something happens to us??? If, and i say IF a comet smashes in our backyard. ther wil be dying a lot of people. Including our soldiers that have to protect us!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

Originally posted by boondock-saint
When Elenin reaches the sun's gravity and
shoots around the sun, it may vary other
than what is projected.

Elenin is already under the influence of the sun's gravity, and it always is. Comets, like all other objects in the solar system (exepting for the rare occasional rouge object from another solar system), are orbiting around our sun. That means the encounter we have with it is 100% predictable, given 100% accurate observations, and does not have a close encounter with any other relatively large objects. When predictions like this are made, they even take into account the gravity of all the large known solar system objects that might have a gravitational influence on it.
edit on 11-2-2011 by C.H.U.D. because: typo
C.H.U.D
Are we taking into account that the comet could break up
due to the suns heat? change course?
edit on 12-2-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Leonid Elenin did not spot the comet whilst using a telescope, he spotted it whilst searching through images that had already been taken.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Credit to Anton for seeking this out. I think Drummers memory deserves an applause on this one. Excellent team work. The both of you.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

Originally posted by boondock-saint
When Elenin reaches the sun's gravity and
shoots around the sun, it may vary other
than what is projected.

Elenin is already under the influence of the sun's gravity, and it always is. Comets, like all other objects in the solar system (exepting for the rare occasional rouge object from another solar system), are orbiting around our sun. That means the encounter we have with it is 100% predictable, given 100% accurate observations, and does not have a close encounter with any other relatively large objects. When predictions like this are made, they even take into account the gravity of all the large known solar system objects that might have a gravitational influence on it.
edit on 11-2-2011 by C.H.U.D. because: typo
C.H.U.D
Are we taking into account that the comet could break up
due to the suns heat? change course?
edit on 12-2-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

Even if the comet were to break up, the fragments would still stay in more or less the same orbit. It's basic Newtonian physics:- an object continues to travel in the same direction unless another force acts upon it.

We've even seen it in action before with Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 which broke up when it was captured by Jupiter's gravity.

Source: Wikipedia/NASA

The comet had apparently passed extremely close to Jupiter on July 7, 1992, just over 40,000 km (25,000 mi) above the planet's cloud tops – a smaller distance than Jupiter's radius of 70,000 km (43,000 mi), and well within the orbit of Jupiter's innermost moon Metis and the planet's Roche limit, inside which tidal forces are strong enough to disrupt a body held together only by gravity

Source: Wikipedia

That close pass in 1992 is thought to have been the cause of the comet's breakup, and it finally plunged into Jupiter in 1994, having made it's final orbit. The comet fragments made a neat little line of marks where the fragments struck, showing that their orbits had stayed roughly the same.

Source: Wikipedia

In the image above, you can see the marks the fragments left near the bottom of Jupiter. Of course Jupiter is rotating, otherwise the impacts would all be more or less in the same spot.

It's gravity that is the dominant force in space, and although it's possible that the sun's radiation could cause a comet to break up, there has never been any direct proof of this as far as I know.

Likewise, for a comet to to have it's orbit changed, Solar radiation pressure is not strong enough to significantly alter the orbit of large objects. It does however have a significant effect on very small objects like meteoroids, and it has to be taken into account when meteor shower predictions are made.

Smaller meteoroids (solid grains) are more affected by solar radiation pressure as they orbit the Sun, solar radiation pressure increases the orbital period

Source: Armagh Observatory

I was lucky enough to witness the effects of solar radiation pressure in action with my very own eyes in 1998 when Earth passed through a Leonid dust trail that was composed almost purely of fireball class meteoroids, since all the smaller Leonid meteoroids had been swept away by solar radiation pressure.

"In 1998 we passed through material shed by the comet in 1333," says Cooke. "That filament was old and somewhat spread out," so rates never climbed to storm levels. It was nevertheless spectacular because "the smallest bits of dust inside that cloud had been blown away long ago by solar radiation pressure. Only the largest meteoroids remained -- hence the fireballs."

Source: NASA

There's always a small chance that Elenin could pass close enough to an object that is large enough to cause a significant chance in orbit, but space is vast, and even where there a "dense" patch of objects (such as close to the core of a meteoroid stream), the distance between small particles is huge, and the distance between large objects is mind boggling.

There is proof that all of the above is true, and once again I was also fortunate enough to see it with my own eyes in 2001 during the Leonid storm we had that year. The timing of the peaks in 2001 (and since 1999) was predicted to within minutes of the actual observed time, showing that the models and theory behind them must be accurate.

Early in 1999, David Asher and Robert McNaught published a paper giving details on how to predict meteor storms for the Leonids. In general, they noted that each time the comet Tempel-Tuttle approached the sun it released a large amount of dust. The gravitational pull of Jupiter would pull the comet into a slightly different orbit as it exited the sun's vicinity or as it made its next approach. The result was that the comet was laying out a series of ringlets or filaments with clouds of dust. Asher and McNaught noted that after a while the old filaments would diffuse and merge together, but recent filaments would contain fairly dense clouds of dust. They subsequently predicted that a meteor storm would occur on November 18 as Earth passed through a filament produced by the 1899 return of Tempel-Tuttle. They predicted the peak would occur at 2:10 Universal Time, with a peak rate of 1000 per hour. As it turned out the actual peak occurred at 2:06 UT, which was remarkably close to the prediction! Interestingly, the actual rate was over 3000 per hour, so the prediction missed this by quite a bit. Enhanced rates continued from 2000-2002 and the predictions continued to show a high rate of success.

Source: meteorshowersonline.com

It proves that large objects that are in orbit follow predictable paths and are not usually diverted from those paths by smaller or similar sized solar system objects. If the past orbits of comets could not be worked out as accurately as they can, then we could not predict meteor shower peaks like we can now.

Some of the dust trails that have been modeled are hundreds of years old, but even so we have been able to make fairly accurate predictions for shower peaks, meaning changes in orbit caused by relatively small solar system objects that we can't make adjustments for in our predictions must be extremely rare.

edit on 12-2-2011 by C.H.U.D. because: fixed image tags

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Great info C.H.U.D
lets hope this does the same and stays clear of earth,.
However,. would there still be the possibility of this comet crashing into something into the asteroid belt and bumping it in the general direction?
How would that be calculated?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The same applies as I said above. There seems to be a popular misconception that in the asteroid belt the asteroids are close packed and constantly bumping into each other, but that picture is a long way from the truth.

There are lots of asteroids in the asteroid belt, but the total volume of the asteroid belt is so huge, that the density of asteroids is actually very low, although compared to space outside the belt it is relatively high.

The asteroid material is so thinly distributed that multiple unmanned spacecraft have traversed it without incident.

Source: wikipedia

Likewise with Comet Tempel-Tuttle (the parent comet of the Leonid meteor shower), and most all other comets - they all have to get through the asteroid belt every time they plunge into the heart of the solar system, and then again on their way out, yet we know their orbits don't change significantly thanks to the observations matching the models.

There is also other evidence that points to the asteroid belt being quite sparsely populated. Despite all the cameras and telescopes we have pointed at space, there has only ever been a single recorded photograph of two asteroids colliding.

As for the chances of a collision between an object in the asteroid belt and the comet being calculated, we would have to have a very accurate map or database with all the orbits of objects in the belt for that. Right now that is an impossible task since we can only see the very large asteroids. The medium sized ones are too small and faint to be seen by even our most sensitive telescopes.

Even if there was a collision between an asteroid and the comet and the orbit was changed, the chances are low that the outcome would be an Earth crossing orbit, and even lower still that the timings would put Earth and the comet in the same space at the same time.

I personally think we are long overdue an impressive comet, perhaps even on that can be seen in broad daylight, but I doubt it's going to be this one.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
A doomsday comet is headed our way and what are we discussing? Deep Impact? I got to page 8 and I had to stop. I have some random questions and would be very grateful if someone could help me out.
1. If that thing came close enough to the earth could it alter our magnetic fields? Aren't they pretty weak right now?
2. Could it cause a pole shift?
2. How big is it? I've been googling all night and can't find anything on it's size.
3. With the comet traveling so close, would it cause a massive gravitational pull on the planets? Could it pull the planets or the moon out of their orbit.
4. Also, due to the close drive-by, would there be massive volcanoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes?
5. Elenin said "Comet Elenin's orbit may be unstable as it may encounter some dark bodies, for example, in the asteroid belt or even some Taurid objects. What would happen in those cases is a matter of luck." and "This comet may carry a significant amount of material with it and if it follows the currently projected orbit, the Earth may very well pass through this material." Huh? Dark bodies? Like dark matter? And Earth will travel through this material? What kind of material is he talking about? Could someone translate this? I'm not the brightest crayon in the box....

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by eurotrash

This Comet is to little to interfear with out magneticc field, And no. No Pole-shift. There is no data of his size!! No earthquakes or doomday senario's . And dark matter..... no way dude. you can't see or touch dark matter. A meteor is iron or stone...no ice, see earlier post with links ! And the tail would be dust of the tail but in so small peaces that they burn before touch the earth. You better read all posts again and provied to read the links. Stay safe

edit on 13-2-2011 by ni91ck because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2011 by ni91ck because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2011 by ni91ck because: because i do

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

1. If that thing came close enough to the earth could it alter our magnetic fields? Aren't they pretty weak right now?

No

As nick says - No

2. How big is it? I've been googling all night and can't find anything on it's size.

We have all been doing that and no, there is nothing about it's size yet. *tin foil hat on* I wonder why that is? Do they know and are not telling us?
*tin foil hat off*

3. With the comet traveling so close, would it cause a massive gravitational pull on the planets? Could it pull the planets or the moon out of their orbit.

Only if it was planet sized itself and that is unlikely!

4. Also, due to the close drive-by, would there be massive volcanoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes?

Not if we assume it is small, i.e. not planet sized.

5. Elenin said "Comet Elenin's orbit may be unstable as it may encounter some dark bodies, for example, in the asteroid belt or even some Taurid objects. What would happen in those cases is a matter of luck." and "This comet may carry a significant amount of material with it and if it follows the currently projected orbit, the Earth may very well pass through this material." Huh? Dark bodies? Like dark matter? And Earth will travel through this material? What kind of material is he talking about? Could someone translate this? I'm not the brightest crayon in the box....

Well for the sensible answer see C.H.U.D's posts above. We are not clear of all potential debris fields until around May however.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by eurotrash
A doomsday comet is headed our way and what are we discussing? Deep Impact? I got to page 8 and I had to stop. I have some random questions and would be very grateful if someone could help me out.

No one in this thread has been discussing the movie Deep Impact. I myself, amoung others, have simply noticed
the striking correlations between the movie and this real life event. I suppose, we should apologise to you, for
being human and even noticing anything at all. Why can't you bring yourself to read it. I think you stopped reading because you became frightened.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
IN stellarium the comet elenin is Elijah bible starchart symbolism announcing the coming of the "savior"configuration during the 3/11/2011 thur 3/12/2011 in starchart formations all over the world.the egyptian/christian religions have risen in the mideast in the eastern sky on3/11/2011 at 22:33:any seconds.the global warming of the mind is covered in other threads as the body doesn't have enough pillars,oops posts,lol to thread yet. This is the time ALL religions and their calenders and their religious stories Begin,yes Begin in the sky again.Dim the sun/son and adams spear/ Atmosphere to see this once in a progression/lifetime event.Use stellarium and you will see what all of the chemtrails are covering up in the sky.Earth is the only planet on one side of this galaxy making all of the other religious/astronomical characters of all the religions visible from their respected airspace during this time.You will have to look from the four cardinal points to see all their religious stories are simply star charts.All religious stories about the "people" are the stars,planets,comets,and moon formations.Right About Yesterday the pope and all other "religious" figures are shaking scared that the sheeple don't find out about the 3/11/2011 thur 3/12/2011 events.the news dont say anything about this once in a progression/lifetime event.they just want us to look down at every thing happening on the ground, at our feet, under the gulf, etc.etc.etc.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

There have been may suitable questions asked pertaining to this scenario.
You, if you havent already, should really read the entire thread,.
The Q &A that has been going on here is very informative and I believe you will find the
answers you are requiring..
AS this will be a awesome event,.
try to view it in a positive manor
My neighbor has a12"x 6' telescope, this thing is awesome
we have used it last summer and am really looking forward
to this summer for this comet '
'

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by admiralvenderfry
IN stellarium the comet elenin is Elijah bible starchart symbolism announcing the coming of the "savior"configuration during the 3/11/2011 thur 3/12/2011 in starchart formations all over the world.the egyptian/christian religions have risen in the mideast in the eastern sky on3/11/2011 at 22:33:any seconds.the global warming of the mind is covered in other threads as the body doesn't have enough pillars,oops posts,lol to thread yet. This is the time ALL religions and their calenders and their religious stories Begin,yes Begin in the sky again.Dim the sun/son and adams spear/ Atmosphere to see this once in a progression/lifetime event.Use stellarium and you will see what all of the chemtrails are covering up in the sky.Earth is the only planet on one side of this galaxy making all of the other religious/astronomical characters of all the religions visible from their respected airspace during this time.You will have to look from the four cardinal points to see all their religious stories are simply star charts.All religious stories about the "people" are the stars,planets,comets,and moon formations.Right About Yesterday the pope and all other "religious" figures are shaking scared that the sheeple don't find out about the 3/11/2011 thur 3/12/2011 events.the news dont say anything about this once in a progression/lifetime event.they just want us to look down at every thing happening on the ground, at our feet, under the gulf, etc.etc.etc.

Another great post. Very intersting in it's: own right.

edit on 13-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Great find,. Yes, that would be the story,.
Thank you for the help,.
For me, this added a bit of more mystery to this "potential" event
that somebody may also have known about what was coming,.

You're welcome. It's okay. I'm glad that it's what you were looking for.

Yes I see what you mean. And, might I add a slightly differently twist? Surrounded by mystery isn't always a good thing. Especially when we can't see what's coming. In light of current events, it seems convenient to station troops stateside in 2011. The cards are stacked in favor of sudden and overt unrest.

It's smart to look to the past to foretell the future.

Yes still there remains one uncontrollable element in survival game and that is and always will be the unpredictable element of surprise.

edit on 13-2-2011 by Antoniastar because: because because because becaaaaaaaaaaaaaause.... because of the wonderful things...

edit on 13-2-2011 by Antoniastar because: it's 'yes I see' not 'yes I can see' LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join