It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 to 2012 - Youtube video

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Do any of the experts out there know if this article, or the agency it comes from is legit? it is kinda 'end-time-ish', so I was hoping for some feedback. Thank you.

Violent Seismic Activity Tearing Africa in Two

"...The earth is in upheaval in northeastern Africa, and the region is changing quickly. The desert floor is quaking and splitting open, volcanoes are boiling over, and seawaters are encroaching upon the land. Africa, researchers are certain, is splitting apart at a rate rarely seen in geology."

www.spiegel.de...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Really? I have to listen to clubbed to death for the seven hundredth millionth time? All while watching an unsubstantial video saying vague meaningless things like "something really is going on". Yes that's right, something IS going on. I'm not sure what planet you've been living on but Earth has been changing for the last 4.5 billion years, its climate has never been entirely stagnate. Oh sure we've had long ice ages and long warm periods but the Earth is not an unchanging place. Variation is the norm. I'm going to mute the song and continue watching.

"A pole shift has been confirmed by the Media"

1) the Media does not decide science

2) Pole shifts are normal and natural and yes that is the accepted answer, scientifically, of course if you want to be paranoid and reject science and run around like a chicken with your head cut off be my guest.

Among the scientific community, there is not enough evidence that indicates a rapid change in the position of the rotational axis. There is evidence of precession and changes in axial tilt, but this change is on much longer time-scales and does not involve relative motion of the spin axis with respect to the planet. However, in what is known as true polar wander, the solid Earth can rotate with respect to a fixed spin axis. Research shows that during the last 200 million years a total true polar wander of some 30° has occurred, but that no super-rapid shifts in the Earth's pole were found during this period.

Source

NASA has confirmed we have a star or planet companion to our sun?

I mean seriously just

So which is it? I'm fairly sure NASA knows the difference between a planet and a star and if they're the ones officially confirming it I think they would have made the distinction. And how exactly does the existence of this planet harm us here on Earth? I mean if its been in our solar system the whole time it would have always been exerting an effect? How exactly is a planet a COMPANION to the sun? Where's your link to NASA making this confirmation?

Earthquakes, how would they be caused by this phantom planet that you claim NASA supports? You are aware that plate tectonics explains why there are Earthquakes fairly well right?

The video is fairly well made so I'll give you points on but that is all you get points on, everything else is painfully wrong.

:bnghd:
edit on 20-1-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lewtra

I don't have to, I think you have come to realize the scale of what H has put across, it ain't perfect, but his heart is in it, do you see.

So you are playing a hunch even though almost everything in the video has been shown to be wrong. The only issue that is in dispute at this time is whether or not flooding is increasing.

Are you saying that you don't have to because you know that the results are going to go against H? I don't think that is the case. Just because the magnetosphere is not unusual and NASA did not find a new solar companion and the other claims were bunk does not mean that the flooding issue is bunk.

Each issue stands on its own.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

dude bang your head harder since you are not going to make fool of me

as explained many times before in my thread...

i am intrigued with the Mayan's knowledge when it comes to our very own Galaxy..

In the mid-1990s, esoteric author John Major Jenkins asserted that the ancient Maya intended to tie the end of their calendar to the winter solstice in 2012, which falls on December 21. This date was in line with an idea he terms the galactic alignment.[56] In the Solar System, the planets and the Sun share roughly the same plane of orbit, known as the plane of the ecliptic. From our perspective on Earth, the ecliptic is the path taken by the Sun across the sky over the course of the year. The 12 constellations which line the ecliptic are known as the zodiac and, through the year, the Sun passes through each constellation in turn. Additionally, over time, the Sun's annual passage appears to recede counterclockwise by one degree every 72 years. This movement, called "precession", is attributed to a slight wobble in the Earth's axis as it spins.[57] As a result, approximately every 2,160 years, the constellation visible on the early morning of the spring equinox changes. In Western astrological traditions, this signals the end of one astrological age (currently the Age of Pisces) and the beginning of another (Age of Aquarius). Over the course of 26,000 years, precession makes one full circuit around the ecliptic.[

Jenkins suggests that the Maya based their calendar on observations of the Great Rift, a band of dark dust clouds in the Milky Way, which the Maya called the Xibalba be or "Black Road."[59] Jenkins claims that the Maya were aware of where the ecliptic intersected the Black Road and gave this position in the sky a special significance in their cosmology.[60] According to the hypothesis, the Sun precisely aligns with this intersection point at the winter solstice of 2012.[60] Jenkins claimed that the classical Mayans anticipated this conjunction and celebrated it as the harbinger of a profound spiritual transition for mankind.[

loool many tried to catch the galactic alignment with stellarium , they thought the alignment meant that all the planets are all lined up like idiots to the center of the galaxy...shame on them..the alignment the Mayan Spoke bout is entering Dark rift at the center of our Galaxy's disc..here is how we travel through the milky way...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0fc6285b338.jpg[/atsimg]

here is a proof from hubble that galaxy do emit energy through the centre of their disc..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36e867c846e3.jpg[/atsimg]

and here is the dark rift in our Galaxy...

Great Rift: Dark area in the Milky Way

i am still trying to link ice ages to passing through this drift...because its seems ito match..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a2d62b178d2.jpg[/atsimg]

Geomagnetic reversal Another idea involves a geomagnetic reversal (often incorrectly referred to as a polar shift by proponents of this hypothesis), which could be triggered by a massive solar flare, one with energy equal to 100 billion atomic bombs.[91] This belief is supposedly supported by observations that the Earth's magnetic field is weakening,[92] which indicates an impending reversal of the north and south magnetic poles. Scientists believe the Earth is overdue for a geomagnetic reversal, and has been for a long time, even since well before the time of the Mayans, because the last reversal was 780,000 years ago

i will keep on seeking for answers since we are being left without any

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c83802258f7.jpg[/atsimg]

or the ones who come forward makes me laugh..

YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO HELP ME DUDE NOT BASHING ME!!!!!

i'm off to work..i can continue this post until 2012 arrive..

P.S. you comments reqarding the song were pure ignorance since it fits and its awesome and are not a let down to the movie...which you have not presented any fact to prove it wrong..do some research and come back here..i will be more than happy to counter back

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

dude bang your head harder since you are not going to make fool of me

That was never my intention.

i am intrigued with the Mayan's knowledge when it comes to our very own Galaxy..

The galactic knowledge of the Mayans is relative. They knew a lot for their time. There is nothing in the modern scientific understanding of the Galaxy to suggest that the world is going to end in 2012. Making an appeal to the Mayans is an appeal to authority and while an appeal to authority can be helpful if its a GOOD authority the Mayans are out-dated by more than a thousand years here.

Yes, our planet aligns with the Galactic center, this happens every single year at the Winter Solstice and has a total of NO potential to cause any issues with our planet. If alignment with the galactic center really did cause issues don't you think we'd see evidence of those issues in the 4.5 billion year history of the Earth? Unless 2012 is the first time in the last 4.5 Billion years that we've aligned with it (which simply isn't the case).

here is a proof from hubble that galaxy do emit energy through the centre of their disc..

This photo is entirely worthless. You have provided no context for it. It certainly isn't an image of the Milky Way, unless you really think the hubble is outside our Galaxy looking in. The "energy" being emitted appears to be light energy although I don't know for sure because without knowing what the photo is of or what spectrum it is in I have no idea what form the suppose energy is taking.

Some speculate that a greatly diminished magnetic field during a reversal period will expose the surface of the Earth to a substantial and potentially damaging increase in cosmic radiation. However, Homo erectus and their ancestors certainly survived many previous reversals, though they did not depend on computer systems that could be damaged by large Coronal mass ejections.

Source

There is no evidence suggesting that geomagnetic reversal would cause an extinction, there is also no evidence that a geomagnetic reversal will take place in 2012.

i will keep on seeking for answers since we are being left without any

There is nothing mysterious, magical or true about the Mayan Doomsday and there isn't a shred of credible evidence to suggest the world is going to end. And yes answers ARE being offered, as are rebuttals by the scientists who study this stuff for a living.

Here is just one such lecture, from an astrophysicist named David Morrison.

Surviving 2012

YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO HELP ME DUDE NOT BASHING ME!!!!!

I never intended to bash you, I merely offered my opinion of the content of the video. Attacking the material is not the same as attacking the source.

do some research and come back here..

I have been looking into 2012 for the last four years. This Doomsday, like many others before it, is based upon poorly done pseudoscience designed to con the paranoid and gullible. 2012 is one of those dangerous cons that manages to sway people who are normally rational intelligent folks (scientology is another example). There are actually people who believe in this stuff to such a degree that they contemplate suicide and even some say they will kill their children before the world ends to save them the pain. There are also tons being swindled out of money on books and other pseudoscientific materials that are for sale not to mention millions wasted on apocalypse bunkers. 2012 is a dangerous con-job, if you don't believe me than do some research and come back here.
edit on 21-1-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

when christmas arrives do you listen to John Lennon's War is over??

will next christmas be the first christmas you hear it??

its appropriate...and the same goes to clubbed to death..it is appropriate to my movie

so you bashing is innapropriate and childish remark

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I have been looking into 2012 for the last four years. This Doomsday, like many others before it, is based upon poorly done pseudoscience designed to con the paranoid and gullible. 2012 is one of those dangerous cons that manages to sway people who are normally rational intelligent folks (scientology is another example). There are actually people who believe in this stuff to such a degree that they contemplate suicide and even some say they will kill their children before the world ends to save them the pain. There are also tons being swindled out of money on books and other pseudoscientific materials that are for sale not to mention millions wasted on apocalypse bunkers. 2012 is a dangerous con-job, if you don't believe me than do some research and come back here.

i can see y you are so upset by the video..you just realized you waisted 4 yrs of your life

listen my friend...

we just have seen some changes in stereologist attitude and dont really wanna go to a stereologistic event with you now..you can find all my answers in this thread

the point is...

the video is..

- all based upon true events happening in the 1st 2 weeks of 2011
- it concludes that something strange is going on the neither scientists are making us feel safe
- Giving away the most important tip of all ..to join Forums and inform yourself

so basically ..THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE CONTENT AND MESSAGE OF THE VIDEO

P.S. Trolls keep on repeating the same thing..that disasters are nothing new and they happen....
if your partner goes out once in a while with friends , 2 times a year for example..there is no problem at all...BUT if your partner goes out alone very weekend you must be really a coocooked brain to not awake and ask questions

as you can see..its TRUE that i'm untouchable regarding this video and thread not because i'm something special..its because i have been myself and driven from the hearth...thats why i didnt bother putting my name on the video since my intentions are good

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover
Do any of the experts out there know if this article, or the agency it comes from is legit? it is kinda 'end-time-ish', so I was hoping for some feedback. Thank you.

Violent Seismic Activity Tearing Africa in Two

"...The earth is in upheaval in northeastern Africa, and the region is changing quickly. The desert floor is quaking and splitting open, volcanoes are boiling over, and seawaters are encroaching upon the land. Africa, researchers are certain, is splitting apart at a rate rarely seen in geology."

www.spiegel.de...

i kindly ask you my friend to look further into this article since im at work..and it really looks interesting

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

My reason for bashing clubbed to death is a simple one, it is the most overused song on the internet. I literally cannot count the number of videos I've seen in the last six years that have used that song. It is so overused and cliche that I mute any video that uses it. I never judged the content of your video based upon the song, I was merely pointing out I feel the song is a poor choice given how overused it is particularly in conspiracy theory related videos.

i can see y you are so upset by the video..you just realized you waisted 4 yrs of your life

I'm not upset. Concerned would be a better term. I never fully bought into 2012 even when I first discovered it I was skeptical of the claims but thought it was worth listening to both sides of the argument. When I realized that 2012 believers have only pseudoscience, speculation and gullibility on their side and that the skeptics have every scientific fact we possess collectively as a species to date on their side I saw 2012 for what it was.

it concludes that something strange is going on the neither scientists are making us feel safe

It is precisely the vague speculative conclusion that I disagree with here. You are concluding that something is happening, I agree. However you're implying more than that, you're implying that the "theories" about 2012 are coming true on some level. You're tying together isolated incidents of floods, quakes and animal die offs to connect dots that you have no reason to connect other than to support the preconceived conclusion that the world is ending or that a water shed mass extinction-like event is coming. Quakes, animal die offs, it is all actually happening but your conclusions about these happenings are vague, illogical and premature.

P.S. Trolls keep on repeating the same thing..that disasters are nothing new and they happen....

You cannot label someone a troll when their criticism of your conclusion is 100% valid. The reason they are repeating it is because it's true and it debunks your paranoid vague claims that something bad is coming in 2012.

its TRUE that i'm untouchable regarding this video and thread not because i'm something special..its because i have been myself and driven from the hearth...

Science and truth are not driven by the heart, they're intellectual endeavors, they involve the mind as opposed to the emotions. You're ideas here are what should be scrutinized. I have no doubt that you yourself have good intentions and I bear you no ill will whatsoever I just disagree with essentially everything you've said in regards to 2012 for reasons I've already stated.
edit on 21-1-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

i would have no problem teaming up with you in search for the truth..

i believe that all of us got a lot to loose if something happens....

we can at least agree that the msm keeps on terrorizing us..same goes to scientists ( solar max coming, solar max not coming, earthquakes on the rise, earthquakes at normal, floods on the rise, floods are common)

i am also confused because we have to be mature and honest..things really seems to be lining up with Prophecies...i am a skeptic too..but thats true..

regarding the song..i still stand with the fact that its appropriate and gave my video some little drama which might help in being shared around the globe...i think i did nothing wrong since my intention is to raise awareness as much as possible and youtube seemed to be the most affordable option..since charlie bit my finger got worldwide i hope that such a message could reach as many people it can so maybe we start working out the data and make us humans feel safe.

but to apologize to you personally for the song..i hope you enjoy this one..

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

The mainstream media and 24 hour news cycle rely on hype to get viewers so they definitely do their part to keep people paranoid. I think that the folks at the History Channel are also massively to blame as they have had television shows showcasing the 2012 related pseudoscience without focusing on the skeptical views.

As for the actual scientists they are doing their best. The thing is that the world faces real dangers, such as the Solar Maximum scheduled to be reached some time in 2013. Predicting the solar cycle can be tricky even with modern day tactics (one of the reasons I'm skeptical that the Mayans thousands of years ago could predict modern solar cycles and tell us when we were all gonna die). I don't think they mean to make us terrorized, they want to inform the public of real dangers. The issue is that people blow it all out of proportion and act like we're all gonna die.

This planet has been here for 4.5 billion years, its been inhabited by life for 3.7 billion. Life has survived some pretty crazy stuff, even managed to make it through a gamma burst from a star (nearly killed everything, but life still found a way). We may face some natural disasters in 2012 but that would be the rule and not the exception. I just don't see any evidence that there's anything truly catastrophic on a worldwide scale that is coming.

While I respect your desire to make people aware of things you feel are very important I also think its important to remind them not to be afraid or paranoid about it. There's so much fear around this whole 2012 thing and there doesn't need to be. I understand that we live on a planet where disasters happen and that the uncertainty of it all is quite scary at times but there's just no good evidence that something global is happening in 2012. You have good intentions but many of those who peddle 2012 related materials do not, they just want to make a buck off of the paranoid and gullible.

Anyway thanks for the Pink Floyd

If you want to discuss 2012 further you can U2U me but I think I've said essentially everything I need to in this thread.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

The galaxy in question is the Cartwheel galaxy
Cartwheel galaxy
It has already been explained to heineken what the photo represents and it certainly does not show what heineken claims.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Once again heineken you are fearful of making mistakes. That's not how science works. It's all about learning and getting past mistakes. It's all about doing research.

I have been running a test here in this thread to see if people are actually going to do research or are they saying they do research and actually never do. Sadly, I am seeing that people are not doing research. It is amazingly simple to answer the question of flood frequency. I have dropped all sorts of hints in my posts. I might even have answered the question.

This poster Titen-Sxull has taught me quite a few things in the past. He's an excellent resource. Pay attention and get the information that can lead to you making a video with better content.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

we just have seen some changes in stereologist attitude and dont really wanna go to a stereologistic event with you now..you can find all my answers in this thread

the point is...

the video is..

- all based upon true events happening in the 1st 2 weeks of 2011
- it concludes that something strange is going on the neither scientists are making us feel safe
- Giving away the most important tip of all ..to join Forums and inform yourself

so basically ..THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE CONTENT AND MESSAGE OF THE VIDEO

Don't misrepresent me. You've made plenty of lies and misrepresentations in the video. At this point I have to say that the video is so crammed with lies it is astonishing. You've learned little if anything at all. I might even suggest that you kept your name off the video because you wanted to dissociate yourself from its fraudulent nature.

As I stated before
Repeating false statements does not make them any truer.
1. No pole shift is happening.
2. You are only guessing that a magnetic reversal is happening.
3. The Mayans did not speak of a galactic alignment. That's a New Age hoax.
4. The alignment did not have any effect on the Earth. It happens every year and was best in 1998.
5. The known magnetic reversals are not associated with ice ages.

None of what you state has any truth associated with it.

My little test shows that you are not doing any research whatsoever. Why are you not doing any research?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

pay attention to me stereologist..i never claimed that that galaxy is the milky way..

that image is a prove that plasma energy is released from the galactic center of a rotating galaxy...thats a fact!!!

so i am correct and you are trolling again

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

seriously i love researching...i found something that might interest you..

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

The article is made for general consumption and states things that I think are made for the general public. The African rift valley extends along the eastern side of Africa. It includes a large number of volcanoes including some of the highest places in Africa. There are also salt lakes where natron has been mined (think mummies). This is a place where the geology should look like the spreading ridges under the ocean. The only other place I can think of where land is intersected by a spreading ridge is Iceland.

Although the article might be interpreted to suggest that this rift valley could suddenly become deep ocean bottom that is not what they mean. They are simply saying that the rocks look like deep ocean bottom, not that a deep trench suddenly shows up. They point out that salt deposits suggest recent inundations. This has happened before and recently in geological times.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

that image is a prove that plasma energy is released from the galactic center of a rotating galaxy...thats a fact!!!

That's not true at all and you know it. The photo does not show plasma energy.

Do you even know the wave lengths captured to form the image?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

seriously i love researching...i found something that might interest you..

I do not believe you. You continue to make the same claims as before showing that you've made no effort at all to do research.

You have not been able to pass my simple test. The test is to show whether or not floods are increasing as you claimed in the video. This has to be the simplest possible research. The only person here that has shown an increase in flooding is lasertaglover. They did it quickly and in a way I did not think about using. Their approach was elegant and new to me. I applaud their effort.

No one else has been able to show any changes over time. It's really, really simple. I have shown lasertaglover why I do not believe anyone here is going to find the evidence and then suppress it. People tend to suppress things that do not agree with their point of view. My interest here is simply trying to find out if people actually do the research they claim to do. So far all I see is evidence that no one in this thread other than lasertaglover actually tries to do research.

Come on. I am appealing to everyone to show me wrong. Please do a little research. It's not hard and this information is amazingly easy to locate online. Can anyone make the effort to find out if floods are increasing in either intensity or frequency?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
BTW, I won't bother looking at your pointless video. Don't waste your time finding stupid video clips from horror films. Please spend your time doing research instead of childish ridicule.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join