It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 to 2012 - Youtube video

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
reply to post by stereologist

yawwwwwwwwwwwwnn

cant you see the years you are posting ?

in this thread we are speaking of

1st January 2011
2nd January 2011
3rd January 2011
4th January 2011
5th January 2011
6th January 2011
7th January 2011
8th January 2011
9th January 2011
10th January 2011
11th January 2011
12th January 2011
13th January 2011
14th January 2011
15th January 2011
16th January 2011
17th January 2011
18th January 2011
19th January 2011

please read the thread from the beginning till the end again thank you stereologist , if you agree with the thread kindly flag it so others may get interested

And we are not only looking at many such occurrences in a short time frame, but the fact that they are in so many different geological locations at the very same time.
There are sites that I have found that are very scientific and they are taking this die off and all the earth changes very seriously.. One site being "Earth Changes and Pole Shift" - Go there!!! Learn something....you naysayers, Carry on Heineken !!! we very much await your informative posts.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by dnvrliz

Planet X was spotted back in 1984 and was covered up.....believe what you want !!! Everyone has a different take on this, mine is that I believe in Planet X....we can agree to disagree !!!

That's not true at all. Back in 1984 the IRAS data was being reviewed and some objects were detected in infrared, but there was no counterpart on plates taken in visible light. This part of the newspaper article came from a statement by one of the astronomers:

So mysterious is the object that astronomers do not know if it is a planet, a giant comet, a
nearby "protostar" that never got hot enough to become a star, a distant galaxy so young that
it is still in the process of forming its first stars or a galaxy so shrouded in dust that none of the
light cast by its stars ever gets through.

The object turned out to be a new type of galaxy. It wasn't a part of the solar system. In fact, none of the unknown celestial objects turned out to be part of our solar system.

Read the newspaper article here:
Possibly as Large as Jupiter; Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered

Here is another place about the IRAS data:
IRAS

The observatory also made headlines briefly with the discovery of an "unknown object" that was at first described as "possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this solar system." However, further analysis revealed that, of several unidentified objects, nine were distant galaxies and the tenth was "intergalactic cirrus". None were found to be Solar System bodies.

The claim of a 1984 cover up is nonsense. At no time was a new planet observed.

There is so much information out there that it is almost impossible to decipher the truth from fiction. You could read about this for days and have hundreds of different answers and conclusions. Who do we believe in the end ? There are rebuttals on the rebuttals, and on and on. Take all the information about any topic, hash it around and then go with your gut, because that is the only truth you will get, it is like that with anything. Things are put out by very reliable sources only to be found that they were wrong somewhere down the road, who can you believe except your own feelings on the subject. If you are of sane mind you are usually best to go with your first instinct. Maybe I am a little too new age for you but it has always worked for me. You can no longer believe what you hear, what you read, or what you even see, but you can always believe your gut.....
Read the book "Alternative 3", it will make you think about things differently!!!
edit on 19-1-2011 by dnvrliz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

reply to post by heineken

and we can confirm this not only by the stars awarded

You think this is a popularity contest? You think some stars are meaningful? That's really low brow thinking. You probably don't have any idea how many people are laughing at your ineptness. You claim to be untouchable, but really the video and its contents stink.

Your first movie was bad, really, really bad. It contained nothing except mistakes.

So far no one in this thread has posted any evidence at all to substantiated the claim that floods are more recent. All that has been done is to post a laundry list, a rather incomplete list, of some floods with no effort to show that this represents any sort of increase.

You still refuse to understand or acknowledge the difference between a pole shift and a magnetic reversal. So the following statement is a falsehood isn't it?

and i aint gonna trust any scientist out there because I KNOW THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON..neither you...and neither me...and i will keep looking for answers

You say you are looking for answers, yet you are avoiding getting even the basics right. How can you find answers if you can't get even the most trivial concepts right? The simple answer is you can't.

(Do you agree with the Mass Suicide??..seriously..answer me dude..dont run away from this question)

What is your question? Do I agree with mass suicides? What sort of a question is that? I realize that English is a second language for you and I admire people that are able to use English as well as you do when it is not their first language. But, I don't understand your question. Please clarify what you are asking. If this has anything to do with the video I didn't bother to watch the video since you never stated why it was included in your post.

As far as English being a second language in Malta, look it up, ALL Maltese speak English and to some or most it is a first language, it has been this way for many decades.....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnvrliz

Originally posted by heineken

yawwwwwwwwwwwwnn

cant you see the years you are posting ?

in this thread we are speaking of

1st January 2011
2nd January 2011
3rd January 2011
4th January 2011
5th January 2011
6th January 2011
7th January 2011
8th January 2011
9th January 2011
10th January 2011
11th January 2011
12th January 2011
13th January 2011
14th January 2011
15th January 2011
16th January 2011
17th January 2011
18th January 2011
19th January 2011

please read the thread from the beginning till the end again thank you stereologist , if you agree with the thread kindly flag it so others may get interested

And we are not only looking at many such occurrences in a short time frame, but the fact that they are in so many different geological locations at the very same time.
There are sites that I have found that are very scientific and they are taking this die off and all the earth changes very seriously.. One site being "Earth Changes and Pole Shift" - Go there!!! Learn something....you naysayers, Carry on Heineken !!! we very much await your informative posts.

thank you for your positive comments..i really appreciate that

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
My friend.

reply to post by Laurauk

These sorts of events where large groups of wildlife die off are not rare events. They happen. Usually only whale beachings are reported in the news. Then again the news gets on a fad and reports similar events for whatever reason giving the false impression that something is up.

From 2002 its carbs, fish www.thefreelibrary.com...
From 1998 its jellyfish en.wikipedia.org...-off
From 1997 its pelagic birds www.pmel.noaa.gov...

Looking around quickly I found these die offs.

I wanted an older event to toss in and I did a search for bird die-offs 1963 and found the following report.
www2.nbc4i.com...

"In the '60s, there was a roost of up to a million blackbirds on the OSU campus of all places, right here in Columbus, Ohio, and in 1963 they were hit by a severe cold, wet rainstorm," McCormac said. "There was many, many thousands of blackbirds that died there due to natural weather phenomena."

These are not new events. They happen and will continue to happen.

Like I said earlier, I have been following this discussion with great interest, lurking in the backround. I have stopped at this post of yours because it strikes home [to me anyway], and after doing some digging myself I can see that this is indeed NOT a new thing to be happening, because it has indeed been happening for a long time.

Great post indeed, now I'm hoping others can see it too

Our planet and all that resides on it goes through changes all the time, strange things happen in our life times that sometimes we forget to look up past history.

ETA: I do still find it strange that everything that has happend this month seems to be happening all at once. So that begs the question, why is it happening and why is it happening so suddenly?

Be safe be well

Spiro

edit on 20-1-2011 by Spiro because: ETA

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dnvrliz

I believe I've been to that hoax site. Why don't you provide a link so that I can be sure that you are referring to the same hoax site I have visited.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
A small update regarding my video...

some websites really appreciated the effort..for example..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84285371f6dd.jpg[/atsimg]

the internet is a powerful tool!!!

8 K views in 3 days..hope it gets better

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dnvrliz

What is interesting here of course is that you made no effort at all to dispute my case that nobody claimed the discovery of a new planet in 1984.

There is so much information out there that it is almost impossible to decipher the truth from fiction. You could read about this for days and have hundreds of different answers and conclusions. Who do we believe in the end ? There are rebuttals on the rebuttals, and on and on. Take all the information about any topic, hash it around and then go with your gut, because that is the only truth you will get, it is like that with anything. Things are put out by very reliable sources only to be found that they were wrong somewhere down the road, who can you believe except your own feelings on the subject. If you are of sane mind you are usually best to go with your first instinct. Maybe I am a little too new age for you but it has always worked for me. You can no longer believe what you hear, what you read, or what you even see, but you can always believe your gut.....
Read the book "Alternative 3", it will make you think about things differently!!!

You are speaking riddles where there are none. No astronomer ever stated that there was a new planet in 1984. That is a new lie based on purposeful misrepresentations by a few hoaxers. The basis for this story is a lie.

You have a good question. Who do we believe in the end? Well, we certainly are not going to believe the liars that claimed an astronomer stated that there was a new planet. That never happened in 1984.

Here you are suggesting that a hunch, a gut feeling, leads you to the truth. That is a really bad idea. Hunches more often than not are wrong. That is why ideas need to be tested. Take this claim of an astronomer reporting the discovery of a new planet in 1984. Where is the report? Who made the announcement? What date was the announcement made? There was no report.

Liars and hoaxers try to misrepresent the case by reporting part of a sentence or suggesting innuendo, the sort of thing that appeals to people relying on gut feelings, i.e. hunches. The basis of this nonsense is an appeal to emotion and not facts.

To claim that sane people are those that go with their "first instinct" suggests that those making rash decisions are in some way sane. That is certainly no measure of sanity. It is more likely to be a measure of those that do not want to look for evidence or rational thought on these issues. It sounds more like a justification for taking an unbending position no matter how irrational it turns out to be.

"you can always believe your gut". Not an all. Optical illusions are a popular way of showing how easily your senses can be fooled. It's not just visual clues that can be tricked. For example, the old demo of one hand in hot water and the other cold water and then place both hands together in luke warm water. If you haven't tried it please do it and see that any of your senses can be tricked.

To review the pertinent claim that was made - It is a falsehood to claim that any astronomer found a new planet in 1984.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dnvrliz

As far as English being a second language in Malta, look it up, ALL Maltese speak English and to some or most it is a first language, it has been this way for many decades.....

Thanks for the heads up. I never bothered to look. My assumption has always been that people outside of the US do not necessarily speak English as a first language.

Isn't Maltese the official language alongside English? Isn't it possible that heineken's first language was Maltese rather than English? I believe heineken has at least suggested that English is a second language for him.

Let's see what heineken has to say for himself.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malta#Languages]Malta - languages

The Eurobarometer states that 100% of the population speak Maltese. Also, 88% of the population speak English, 66% speak Italian, and 17% speak French.

You were a bit off to claim ALL people in Malta speak English.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

I do still find it strange that everything that has happend this month seems to be happening all at once. So that begs the question, why is it happening and why is it happening so suddenly?

That's an excellent question. To suggest that things are building up to 2012 is absurd. To look into these issues to find out what is going on is interesting. The world is full of interesting events, some of which can be studied by the amateur scientist. By this I mean you don't have to have expensive equipment and a great deal of expertise to do things.

Examples:
1. finding comets
2. doing Christmas bird counts
3. doing migratory studies

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Examples:
1. finding comets
2. doing Christmas bird counts
3. doing migratory studies

you can also make loads of friends and share love

or you can be a troll

btw if you are trying to fill in the page because of my previous post that websites are taking care of my video..i am supposed to post it again later when the US wake up...btw do you sleep since you are always here..do u work?? do you breathe?? have you ever been in love???...just curiosity..you can choose not to reply

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I am still loving how everyone goes back and forth quoting one scientist or another to prove a point.

We ATS'ers are all here to debate topics back and forth, and hopefully to learn something from the reasearch that is presented. However, just like the debate that is being waged back and forth in this thread, each side insists that they know everything because of all of the documented evidence from these 'all-konwing' scientists.

BUT, when I see an article like I read today on Yahoo, it brings me back to my orginal post on this thread of how much these arguments really crack me up and make me laugh.

Again, I am not laughing at anyone in particular, and I mean that. I just find it super amusing how strong both sides believe in something when the fact is that both the community here on ATS, and the scienitfic community still really only understand a little bit about this planet that we share.

Even though it is not exactly related to this thread, the article that I mentioned highlights my point very well. Maybe it is just me and my overly cynical mind, but I do not trust either side telling the so-called truth.

If the scientists don't even know that their were these larger creatures living in Tennessee in the middle of the United States of America, how are they, or you guys, going to prove to me the we 100% know anything.

The Yahoo article:

news.yahoo.com...

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) – A new species of giant crayfish literally crawled out from under a rock in Tennessee, proving that large new species of animals can be found in highly populated and well-explored places, researchers said on Wednesday.

The new crayfish should not have been easily overlooked, as it is huge -- twice the size of other species, the team at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Eastern Kentucky University said."

SO, yesterday we could have been in a thread titled "Youtube video on mytholigcal crayfish". One side would have said, "there is no proof of such a thing", and the other side would have said, "but we believe".

And then today, the believers would have been vindicated, and the scientific spewing side would have gone 'oops'.

SO, keep on having your debate and making me smile.

I hope both sides on this thread keep it up, because the bottom line is that it does not matter at all. You can get hit by a bus tomorrow, or a 9.0 earthquake the day after, or maybe you might even die from having a giant flock of birds die in the sky and crush ya!

My advice to all of you is to go out and make a child smile somewhere, play with some Lego's, be uber-productive in this society and make lots of money, and always have a when TSHTF bag packed and ready to go.

Carry on with the debate my friends, but always remember to maintain dignity, and no matter where you live in the world, TROLLS suck!

Have a great day!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I think it is fairly obvious that you are trying to avoid finding out about the world we live in. That's too bad. There are lots of interesting things to learn about including why people opt to believe in things which are so demonstrably false.

Years ago I recall reading in Feynman's book about his realization that there were so many unknown in biology that it was hard to pick which of the unknowns to study. He compared this to physics where things are very well known and it is hard to find something new to study.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

There are no two sides of scientists in this thread. It is a case of unwarranted and unsubstantiated speculations and bad guesswork vs scientific evidence to the contrary.

It should be pointed out that this new species of crayfish was known, but not recognized as a separate species.

"This thing had not been seen by scientific eyes until last year," he said.

This is not uncommon. The recently "discovered" rock rat in Laos was known to locals, but not to scientists.
Rodent Discovered in Laos Defines New Family of Mammals

specimens of the unknown rodent were discovered in a local market being sold for food.

If the scientists don't even know that their were these larger creatures living in Tennessee in the middle of the United States of America, how are they, or you guys, going to prove to me the we 100% know anything.

This creature has probably been seen countless times, but not recognized as a new species. That's not unusual. There are times when a known species is difficult to identify due to odd colorations. This happens with birds all of the time. Raptors that are in dark phases are often difficult to identify. Is it a new species or a difficult to identify individual of a known species? I recall trying to identify a bird with a black head and red body. I was sure this was an escaped exotic. I spent hours going through books on birds from around the world only to later realize that this was a sick or injured cardinal that had lost its head feathers.

The fact that there is more to learn is exciting and does not mean that unrelated issues are not well known. For example, the new species does not affect the issue of whether or not flooding is more common. What this discovery probably means is that the world of crayfish is more interesting than previously thought.

SO, yesterday we could have been in a thread titled "Youtube video on mytholigcal crayfish". One side would have said, "there is no proof of such a thing", and the other side would have said, "but we believe".

It's not proof, it's evidence that people look for. These are very different. To believe without evidence is in my opinion weird. That does not mean that the evidence might be limited such as an unexplained set of marks left by a predator or scavenger. That could be used to predict the size and type of creature involved. That could lead to answering the question of whether or not a new species exists.

And then today, the believers would have been vindicated, and the scientific spewing side would have gone 'oops'.

That is a misrepresentation of what happens. The scientific side goes from looking for evidence to using the evidence. This is a good moment, not an ooops. It leads a better understanding of the world around us. That's a cause for celebration, not saying oops.

You might try learning a little more about what scientists do. I think you have a vague idea, but don't understand how science is a self correcting system.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

That is why I keep comming back to ATS, you can have a frank discussion, (without the flaming or demonising, another member). And read or learn ideas, information you havnt thought about before.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Good day to you Sir.

With the enormous amount of time that you put into reasearching data and commenting on other people's threads, I was taken aback by your response to my post.

So here we go:

There are no two sides of scientists in this thread. It is a case of unwarranted and unsubstantiated speculations and bad guesswork vs scientific evidence to the contrary.

It should be pointed out that this new species of crayfish was known, but not recognized as a separate species.

"This thing had not been seen by scientific eyes until last year," he said.

-Hmmm..this species was known? Ahhh, your quote from my quote says "had not been seen by scientific eyes until last year". Unless you mean that has been known since last year. So you are a flat out wrong here, and just arguing to argue, and doing what you claim everyone else does, and that is, missing the point.

This is not uncommon. The recently "discovered" rock rat in Laos was known to locals, but not to scientists.
Rodent Discovered in Laos Defines New Family of Mammals

specimens of the unknown rodent were discovered in a local market being sold for food.

-I obviously agree that this is not uncommon, which is my POINT. We, you, me, and the scientists do NOT know lots of things!!

This creature has probably been seen countless times, but not recognized as a new species. That's not unusual. There are times when a known species is difficult to identify due to odd colorations. This happens with birds all of the time. Raptors that are in dark phases are often difficult to identify. Is it a new species or a difficult to identify individual of a known species? I recall trying to identify a bird with a black head and red body. I was sure this was an escaped exotic. I spent hours going through books on birds from around the world only to later realize that this was a sick or injured cardinal that had lost its head feathers.

The fact that there is more to learn is exciting and does not mean that unrelated issues are not well known. For example, the new species does not affect the issue of whether or not flooding is more common. What this discovery probably means is that the world of crayfish is more interesting than previously thought.

-And you miss my point again here, that science is an evolving field, our knowledge base grows as we learn and discover more, or sometimes by simply putting things into a different perspective. Quite frankly, I agree with your idea that the number of floods has not increased. The issue is not in the frequency, the issue, for me at least, is that our population has never ever been so large, which means that while the number of floods may not be increasing, it is a FACT that the amount of people being affected by them has increased tremendously. Same with the dead animals. The number may not be increasing, but that more people are seeing these die-offs first-hand, and in a world that does currently have food shortages in some countries, it makes people nervous. Insulting others, even when mixed with good data, does not fix the problem of hysteria, it re-enforces those that refuse to see the data. You Sir, are actually making the problem worse.

It's not proof, it's evidence that people look for. These are very different. To believe without evidence is in my opinion weird. That does not mean that the evidence might be limited such as an unexplained set of marks left by a predator or scavenger. That could be used to predict the size and type of creature involved. That could lead to answering the question of whether or not a new species exists.

That is a misrepresentation of what happens. The scientific side goes from looking for evidence to using the evidence. This is a good moment, not an ooops. It leads a better understanding of the world around us. That's a cause for celebration, not saying oops.

-And I agree here as well, but again you miss the point. It would be cause for the scientific community to celebrate, but would they turn around and go 'OOPS' to the believer crowd? Nope, and you know it. But, this is not a misrepresentation at all. It is an over simplified look at the way this world works, and how you yourself have taken issue with the people on this thread.

You might try learning a little more about what scientists do. I think you have a vague idea, but don't understand how science is a self correcting system.

And this last part of yours, this is why people think you are a TROLL, even though by definition, you are not, and I do not think you are one either. I think people call you a troll because of your rudeness, which is wrong of them to do. You do such an awesome job researching and studying facts, but you will never make a difference with your attitude towards others.

To highlight this, I will stoop to your level of conversation Sir:

You said, "I think you have a vague idea, but don't understand how science is a self correcting system."

So back at you, "I think you have a vague idea of how to communicate with others and how to get an important point across, but you don't understand how you really come off so rudely."

Or, you probably don't care how rude you are, which is your absolute right. Personally, when you make posts that have pure data in them, I find them to be highly informative and I thank you for them. But you can't go for more than a post or two without something so arrogant, that your message is completely missed. Using contempt or arrogrance never wins an argument or debate.

Instead of trying to be a smart a$$, why don't you post your own threads with all of your gathered knowledge? In your 9 months here, you have made a total of 3 threads, with a grand total of 61 replies. The OP here not only worked on a video, but went ahead and posted a thread about it. Kudos for his bravery, even if his data is faulty.

You obviously are very passionate about your own knowledge base, it is a shame that you do not know how to communicate it without degrading other people.

You should follow my advice Sir, and go play a little bit. Try some lego's, eat some extra fiber maybe. I will keep on following your posts with great interest due to the data you provide, but like a lot of people that I have spoken with about you here on ATS, I will ignore anything that you post that is demeaning. Your "You might try learning...blah blah" post is amazingly contradictory to the valid points that you do make, and in a eduacted debate, has no place.

Good luck to you, and I really mean that.

And for the sake of the ever-watching MODS, and so that I stay on topic here, it looks like Australia is in for more flooding. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

According to the BBC, "Residents in the Queensland city of Brisbane have been warned to expect more flooding, as waters continue to swamp towns in the state of Victoria."

www.bbc.co.uk...

Have a great day!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Exactly. I leave here everyonce in awhile because of the childish riducule that finds itself in a lot of threads these days, but the information exchange is fantastic.

Originally posted by Laurauk

That is why I keep comming back to ATS, you can have a frank discussion, (without the flaming or demonising, another member). And read or learn ideas, information you havnt thought about before.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover
I am still loving how everyone goes back and forth quoting one scientist or another to prove a point.

We ATS'ers are all here to debate topics back and forth, and hopefully to learn something from the reasearch that is presented. However, just like the debate that is being waged back and forth in this thread, each side insists that they know everything because of all of the documented evidence from these 'all-konwing' scientists.

BUT, when I see an article like I read today on Yahoo, it brings me back to my orginal post on this thread of how much these arguments really crack me up and make me laugh.

Again, I am not laughing at anyone in particular, and I mean that. I just find it super amusing how strong both sides believe in something when the fact is that both the community here on ATS, and the scienitfic community still really only understand a little bit about this planet that we share.

Even though it is not exactly related to this thread, the article that I mentioned highlights my point very well. Maybe it is just me and my overly cynical mind, but I do not trust either side telling the so-called truth.

The Yahoo article:

news.yahoo.com...

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) – A new species of giant crayfish literally crawled out from under a rock in Tennessee, proving that large new species of animals can be found in highly populated and well-explored places, researchers said on Wednesday.

The new crayfish should not have been easily overlooked, as it is huge -- twice the size of other species, the team at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Eastern Kentucky University said."

SO, keep on having your debate and making me smile.

I hope both sides on this thread keep it up, because the bottom line is that it does not matter at all. You can get hit by a bus tomorrow, or a 9.0 earthquake the day after, or maybe you might even die from having a giant flock of birds die in the sky and crush ya!

My advice to all of you is to go out and make a child smile somewhere, play with some Lego's, be uber-productive in this society and make lots of money, and always have a when TSHTF bag packed and ready to go.

Carry on with the debate my friends, but always remember to maintain dignity, and no matter where you live in the world, TROLLS suck!

Have a great day!

epic post +1

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I think people call you a troll because of your rudeness

I think people that are rude are the ones making caustic statements about people's intelligence. I have no problem being caustic back to those types of posters.

So back at you, "I think you have a vague idea of how to communicate with others and how to get an important point across, but you don't understand how you really come off so rudely."

I don't find your statement to be rude at all. It's your opinion and very likely to be correct. I admit not trying to be polite. You don't get very far in trying to be polite here. posters like dragonridergal, cuin2013, and others are very rude. There are quite a few posters in this thread that have stooped to ad hominem attacks including heineken.

Or, you probably don't care how rude you are, which is your absolute right.

Rudeness is a perception. I don't find your psots to be rude at all. Others might think they are rude. I do not. I receive so many caustic and nasty posts that I hardly see any of them as being much worse than ordinary posts.

Using contempt or arrogrance never wins an argument or debate.

Agreed. As I stated a few lines above my caustic posts are using in response to someone with their head inthe sand that is lashing out at me.

You obviously are very passionate about your own knowledge base, it is a shame that you do not know how to communicate it without degrading other people.

You act as if I started all of this this bickering. Should we go back over the thread and see threw the first barb?

Your "You might try learning...blah blah" post is amazingly contradictory to the valid points that you do make, and in a eduacted debate, has no place.

I disagree on this point. If someone is claiming for instance that a pole shift is the same as a magnetic reversal and they do not understand the difference and they stick their fingers in their ear and make babbling posts that they are the same, then what is wrong with telling them they need to go get educated.

In other threads people have challenged me and others on issues that are complicated enough to warrant a semester class. Why not tell them to go learn something?

Thanks for the update on the floods in Australia. When the land is already saturated more water is only going to exacerbate an already bad situation.

BTW, I starred your excellent post.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

See... that's very civil of you, and the type of posting that I find very engaging. Starred you back as well lol.

As a contract negotiator, a father of four, and a former non-commissioned officer in the US Army, I am used to dealing with squabbles all of the time (laughing at myself here cause my kids were fighting over the Lego's last night!).

So for me, it does not matter who starts with the ridicule, what matters is how the individual handles themselves throughout the entire matter.

Anyway, enough said, and again, thank you for you amazing research on a number of threads (I followed you on the Benevolents thread for a while, and I was arguing the same thing there as well, that the rhetoric from both sides was overly hostile).

And I do agree completely, that the situation in Australia is not looking good. The ground is indeed saturated, and the forecast not only for the immediate next few days, but also for the next couple of months, is really bad.

I still can't believe there were reports of sharks swimming in the streets. Unconfirmed I know, but amazing to consider nonetheless.

Cheers!

edit on 20-1-2011 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by lasertaglover because: my spelling is killing me

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join