It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 to 2012 - Youtube video

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

We will just have to agree to disagree on the subject of cycles. I'm not really sure what your getting at or what you think a cycle is? I believe that a cycle is not perfect and can be effected by outside sources. Those outside sources could be anything. The thing is that they will always have a beginning a middle and and end, and then a new beginning. Some cycles are small and some large and some intersect with each other. I won't even get into the stock market as I do not play games that are rigged. although I do believe that the stock market will one day have a death.
1. floods do follow cycles we just do not know what they are because we have not recorded back far enough and probably never will.
2. Forest fires do follow a cycle. pine trees germinate through fires or extreme heat to open up their seeds. I felt that my simple explanation was logical enough to get my point across.
3. cycle of extinction I will give you though. Their is no proof that man will come back the same way if we all died. (maybe a spirit or energy form? I don't know, hope so) I think china just released something about bringing back the woolly mammoth though.

now then on to the good stuff. Who is this Eliade? Person, book title? I'm really interested in this stuff so if you could give me more info

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CUin2013?

I'm sorry you have been so clueless in threads where we meet.

Since you want to drag in your failures to another thread let's do it!
1. You refused to understand the difference between a pole shift and magnetic reversal
2. You suggested that a pole shift (involves crust) was actually the same as a reversal (involves core)
3. You misrepresented the flat Earth issue
4. You thought Columbus was under the impression the world was flat
5. You claimed strange earthquake and volcanic activity
6. You supported the hoax of the flash frozen mammoth
7. You supported the failed claims of Velikovsky who was shown to be wrong over 50 years ago
8. You dismissed the purpose of the astrolabe probably because you couldn't understand how this simple device worked
9. You misrepresented a NatGeo article about a baby mammoth
10. You misrepresented a map of finds as whole mammoths, well preserved
11. You resorted to using a creationist site to support your failed claims on geology
12. You purposely misrepresented a reversal event as a pole shift.

Knowing how poorly you have done at understanding and presenting evidence in a truthful manner, let me ask you:

"Do you have any evidence that floods are more common now that years past?"

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

I'm sorry you have been so clueless in threads where we meet.

1. You refused to understand the difference between a pole shift and magnetic reversal
2. You suggested that a pole shift (involves crust) was actually the same as a reversal (involves core)
7. You supported the failed claims of Velikovsky who was shown to be wrong over 50 years ago
8. You dismissed the purpose of the astrolabe probably because you couldn't understand how this simple device worked
11. You resorted to using a creationist site to support your failed claims on geology

Knowing how poorly you have done at understanding and presenting evidence in a truthful manner, let me ask you:

"Do you have any evidence that floods are more common now that years past?"

and all of this was your feeble attempt to read into things that I never said.
I think that is called delusional.

This is real buddy: 100,000 homes flattened or damaged by storms

I think it's time you let the grown-ups have a discussion.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

My parents were at the end of the world and alls i got was this lousy t-shirt. Kidding... regardless i liked the video

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

We will just have to agree to disagree on the subject of cycles. I'm not really sure what your getting at or what you think a cycle is? I believe that a cycle is not perfect and can be effected by outside sources. Those outside sources could be anything. The thing is that they will always have a beginning a middle and and end, and then a new beginning. Some cycles are small and some large and some intersect with each other.

The formation of the Earth is not a cyclical event. It happened once. There is a beginning, a middle, and an end, but no new beginning. The same is true of the change in the atmospheric chemistry.

My point about the stock market is that cycles are imposed on situations that are not cyclic. Just because the market has ups and downs does not mean it has cycles.

1. floods do follow cycles we just do not know what they are because we have not recorded back far enough and probably never will.

What you are saying is that yes there are cycles, but they can't be detected. In fact, at best you can say that there might be cycles, which have not been detected. Just because the water level goes up and down does not mean there are cycles. Records of the Nile flood levels show what is called brown noise. The levels of this year are related somewhat to previous years, but the flood level cannot be predicted.

How do you like that. I go to verify that I properly recalled the Nile flood levels as brown noise and here is a poster suggesting it is red noise
Extended Nile River Record (A.D. 622-1922)

Here is another document that suggests flood levels are predicted using statistical models.
www.iwtc.info...

The flood levels are not cyclical, but are in some way partially predicatable due to past performance, but the outcome has some random nature to it.

2. Forest fires do follow a cycle. pine trees germinate through fires or extreme heat to open up their seeds. I felt that my simple explanation was logical enough to get my point across.

Only some pine trees germinate through fires. Not all trees are pine trees. What I see here is confusing the life cycle of trees with forest fire events. Just because the life cycle of trees is affected by fire, does not mean that forest fires are cyclic. The fires do come at times, but do not follow a pattern or cycle.

3. cycle of extinction I will give you though. Their is no proof that man will come back the same way if we all died. (maybe a spirit or energy form? I don't know, hope so) I think china just released something about bringing back the woolly mammoth though.

There is a chance that extinction events are cyclic. The periodicity of these events is poorly understood. I've read several papers all suggesting different extinction periods (as in time between events). The evidence is vague because the exact time of the events is vague and it is possible that some extinction events are not well recorded.

Mercia Eliade wrote a book called the Sacred and the Profane. It discusses the mindset involved in ancient religions vs more modern religions. Part of that discussion is the change between cyclical time and linear time. It's used as a textbook in religion courses, but is small and easily read.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

You said all of these things. Anyone can check the thread and see that now you are an unabashed liar.

Still you have not made any attempt to show that floods are more common. Why is that?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

You said all of these things. Anyone can check the thread and see that now you are an unabashed liar.

Still you have not made any attempt to show that floods are more common. Why is that?

I never said floods were more common. See what I mean? All you are is a delusional distraction.

Get some help.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

So your purpose here is to be a troll? You have no interest here with regards to the OP?

You need to get over the fact that you were trounced in other threads and that you haven't got a clue about science, history, etc.

So far all you've done is nothing other than be a pointless bother and troll. That certainly fits with your other posts.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

It really doesn't matter if you said that floods are more common, does it. The discussion until you rudely interrupted was a discussion on whether or not floods were more common. You dumped out some vituperations. How crass.

Do you have anything to add to the thread?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

It really doesn't matter if you said that floods are more common, does it. The discussion until you rudely interrupted was a discussion on whether or not floods were more common. You dumped out some vituperations. How crass.

Do you have anything to add to the thread?

I did add to the op in my original post here. Seems you were the rude one. It does matter that I did NOT say flooding was more common because this is how you always react - blame the other person for your own lack of proof.

Distraction, distraction, misinform.

Many people are on to you here as we can all see with the prior posts in this thread.

Why don't you learn to knit, you might need a warm sweater.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Wildlife deaths are not uncommon. Go to your local university and ask the ornithologists. I did.

thanks the supreme creator of the universe..stereologists are un common too

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Wildlife deaths are not uncommon. Go to your local university and ask the ornithologists. I did.

listen carefully dude...

if u went asking your ornithologist than you are xitting in your pants and this stuff is scaring u to death...and you come here claiming normality

so now everything is normal since your ornithologists said we are fine...tell him from me to find a real job please

seriously man...u are the most obvious example of TROLL
edit on 19-1-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Thanks for another rude and pointless post - just like all of your posts and threads.

blame the other person for your own lack of proof.

The burden of proof lies on those making the claim. In the super fast flip thread your false claims were demolished by a number of posters who showed that your claims were flagrantly false. Stop being a cry baby and buck up.
edit on 19-1-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Really? Do you know anyone doing stereological research?

Did you ask an ornithologist about this issue? I'm sure there are world class ornithologists in Malta that would be more than happy to assist you.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

listen carefully dude...

if u went asking your ornithologist than you are xitting in your pants and this stuff is scaring u to death...and you come here claiming normality

so now everything is normal since your ornithologists said we are fine...tell him from me to find a real job please

So you didn't understand what I suggested. Your suggestion that asking an expert in a field is a show of fear is the sort of nonsensical inference that your video exhibits. Is this why you keep your "head in the sand?" You and your buddy cuin2013 don't want to let your juvenile friends know you are scared?

Do you have any evidence that anything is changing? So far nothing. Pointing to current events and producing a laundry list of current events is not research. It does not provide a comparison with previous time periods.

All we have so far are hunches. These hunches are fear based claims with no evidence at all that things are getting worse.

Maybe you and cuin2013 are way too young to understand how to do research and how to provide evidence for a claim.

Your flippant remark that an expert who shoots down one of your hunches should "find a real job" is the sort of remark I'd expect from a whiner like cuin2013 and not you.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

listen carefully dude...

So you didn't understand what I suggested. Your suggestion that asking an expert in a field is a show of fear is the sort of nonsensical inference that your video exhibits. Is this why you keep your "head in the sand?" You and your buddy cuin2013 don't want to let your juvenile friends know you are scared?

Do you have any evidence that anything is changing? So far nothing. Pointing to current events and producing a laundry list of current events is not research. It does not provide a comparison with previous time periods.

All we have so far are hunches. These hunches are fear based claims with no evidence at all that things are getting worse.

Maybe you and cuin2013 are way too young to understand how to do research and how to provide evidence for a claim.

Your flippant remark that an expert who shoots down one of your hunches should "find a real job" is the sort of remark

stereo listen pal...have you not yet realized that i'm untouchable on this issue..i have been calculating my evidence and see if i can counterpart....something i did well with you..and we can confirm this not only by the stars awarded but also since my next movie will blow you away..i know, even if you dont admit it that the first 1 did blow your mind already

For me we amight be heading towards an event never encounter before by Humans and thus No EXPERT is gonna make me feel safe

I'd expect from a whiner like cuin2013 and not you. (you aint gonna buy me with this one dude)

Please show to your World Class experts what a World Class expert came up with...

(Do you agree with the Mass Suicide??..seriously..answer me dude..dont run away from this question)

Listen carefully...THE WORLD AT THE MOMENT NEEDS HEROES

and i aint gonna trust any scientist out there because I KNOW THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON..neither you...and neither me...and i will keep looking for answers

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CUin2013?

Hello, I see you are having somewhat of a civil conversation.

I have been watching a couple of your threads and wanted to point you to this one if you have not seen it yet: Superfast pole shift

It seems that certain people can't leave threads like this alone. They can be rude and immature in their arguments. They take any scientific evidence and summarily call it rubbish - usually without looking at the evidence. I have found the best approach to certain people is to ignore them.

Here is another link that is on your topic you might not be aware of: Magnetic reversal in progress

Thanks for trying to get the word out, even with all the certain distractions.

CU

thank you so much my friend...i appreciate your comments and your contribution to this thread

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Really? Do you know anyone doing stereological research?

Did you ask an ornithologist about this issue? I'm sure there are world class ornithologists in Malta that would be more than happy to assist you.

dont ever try again to make fun with my country ...challenge my brain against yours

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

dont ever try again to make fun with my country ...challenge my brain against yours

What are you talking about? You are so whacked out here that you think a compliment is nasty? Are you actually reading the posts or are you so close minded that you think everything is against you?

Get a life sonny boy.

I suggested that you see a world class ornithologist. There have to be many in Malta. What I am saying is that you have no excuse in not contacting a world class individual where you live. There are world class experts where you live that can tell you whether or not your hunches are correct or not.

Stop being so paranoid. You can do excellent research right where you live. You can contact excellent resources right where you live. Not a problem is it?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

and we can confirm this not only by the stars awarded

You think this is a popularity contest? You think some stars are meaningful? That's really low brow thinking. You probably don't have any idea how many people are laughing at your ineptness. You claim to be untouchable, but really the video and its contents stink.

Your first movie was bad, really, really bad. It contained nothing except mistakes.

So far no one in this thread has posted any evidence at all to substantiated the claim that floods are more recent. All that has been done is to post a laundry list, a rather incomplete list, of some floods with no effort to show that this represents any sort of increase.

You still refuse to understand or acknowledge the difference between a pole shift and a magnetic reversal. So the following statement is a falsehood isn't it?

and i aint gonna trust any scientist out there because I KNOW THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON..neither you...and neither me...and i will keep looking for answers

You say you are looking for answers, yet you are avoiding getting even the basics right. How can you find answers if you can't get even the most trivial concepts right? The simple answer is you can't.

(Do you agree with the Mass Suicide??..seriously..answer me dude..dont run away from this question)

What is your question? Do I agree with mass suicides? What sort of a question is that? I realize that English is a second language for you and I admire people that are able to use English as well as you do when it is not their first language. But, I don't understand your question. Please clarify what you are asking. If this has anything to do with the video I didn't bother to watch the video since you never stated why it was included in your post.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join