It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your True Star Signs: What You Should Know

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by drakus

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Really? Prove it!

I don't think anyone needs to "prove" their beliefs...
As long as they don't try to force them on you, they're just beliefs...
So, what's in it for you?

Thanks for noticing that Skippy.... Exactly my point...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
First, I appreciate this thread much.
Secondly, I've recently ran into an article telling what you do of the tropical being off. For sun signs, I thought I was a virgo (never felt a real connection to that), then after the adjustment it seems a was born under the sun sign of leo. That made a lot more sense for some odd reason. Can't explain why.
I'm curious of my sidereal, and moon sign and what not, because I've always had a flexible quality that I cannot define but am very thankful for. I guess what I'm saying is that I have quite diverse interests and feelings on things, but they don't necessarily conflict, they do feel like they could be understood through proper astrology instead of sunday paper astrology.

Very interesting connections were made when I read I was in the sun sign of leo instead of virgo...
I always felt my most strongly connected animal was a large feline (panther/leopard/lion). then found out of the leo constellation, just a little syncronicity for me...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I have pondered that question lately. All the contradictions, and what I've found is, at least personally, is that most of us are full of contradictions, but most people don't know themselves well enough to recognize it because our personalities are so incredibly complex.

Just my opinion.. I'm full of contradictions, on the verge of madness.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by skylightsintheillions

Originally posted by skylightsintheillions
The problem is that science is limited.

People keep saying that...but what does that mean? Of course it's limited. It's limited to reality. Works of fiction don't fall under science.

Things which are outside the grasp of science are shunned and scoffed at, until someone comes along every couple hundred years to prove to the rest of the science community something which as been denied, mostly due to pride and paradigm.

I'm sorry, but what? Paradigm shifts don't happen because someone said "Look what you've been denying!", they happen because someone comes along and shows them evidence that proves their ideas were wrong.

What's crazier? This process is why we don't accept astrology as science any longer.

And also, your birthday being effected by Christmas has everything to do with the stars!

No, it has to do with when my parents had sex and the fact that a pagan holiday was masked by a religion that was trying to attract more followers.

Tell me when the winter solstice is!

21 or 22 December (Northern Hemisphere) (1-2 days before my birthday)
20 or 21 June (Southern Hemisphere)

The solstice is not a global event, it's a hemispherical event.

I'm sure you're aware, but Christians aren't the only ones who see that period of time as significant.

You're right, all sorts of other northern hemisphere religious groups did as well...and then the Christians thought "Hey, let's try to make our religion gain followers from this other one!"

Can add lots of links and citations if necessary...

How about actually providing proof that astrology has any merit?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by drakus

Really? Prove it!

I don't think anyone needs to "prove" their beliefs...
As long as they don't try to force them on you, they're just beliefs...
So, what's in it for you?

Thanks for noticing that Skippy.... Exactly my point...

I've re-read the post, you're right, and it was pretty obvious too...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

I'm sorry, but what? Paradigm shifts don't happen because someone said "Look what you've been denying!", they happen because someone comes along and shows them evidence that proves their ideas were wrong.

I see someone has read their Kuhn

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

Well, I did have a philosophy of science class last year. I've also read my Popper...lots of Popper actually. It's actually sort of why these sorts of threads annoy me.

Honestly, what the hell does astrology have to do with psychology, philosophy, or metaphysics?

Psychology...well...nope, not a single way you can connect them. Sure, some people think your 'star sign' influences how you act, but that's not psychology, that's superstition.

Philosophy? Not at all, there isn't even a hint of reasoned argument in the precepts of astrology.

Metaphysics? Wait, metaphysics is a subset of philosophy...huh...anyway, metaphysics...nope, astrology isn't a system of understanding the nature of being...

Seriously, why is this crap in here?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I know you are busy OP but could you do a reading for me when you get the chance?

If you can I will message my information that you will need.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I find this all very interesting!

I know there are friendly people in this world. I'm asking you friendly folks, if someone could take the time to gather the information for me, and provide the information here.

I was born on March 21, 1986. I'm not certain of the hour, or day of the week at the moment, but I shall seek out my birth certificate or ask my mom. I know I am an Aires, and have always felt like one, but as if I am at war with myself, in a manner of speaking.

Thanks to all.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

First, I appreciate this thread much.
Secondly, I've recently ran into an article telling what you do of the tropical being off. For sun signs, I thought I was a virgo (never felt a real connection to that), then after the adjustment it seems a was born under the sun sign of leo. That made a lot more sense for some odd reason. Can't explain why.
I'm curious of my sidereal, and moon sign and what not, because I've always had a flexible quality that I cannot define but am very thankful for. I guess what I'm saying is that I have quite diverse interests and feelings on things, but they don't necessarily conflict, they do feel like they could be understood through proper astrology instead of sunday paper astrology.

Very interesting connections were made when I read I was in the sun sign of leo instead of virgo...
I always felt my most strongly connected animal was a large feline (panther/leopard/lion). then found out of the leo constellation, just a little syncronicity for me...

Skylightsintheillions, thanks for stopping in. I'm glad to see someone on the thread who isn't hostile. Of course, I'm convinced the Sidereal Zodiac is more accurate than the Tropical for natal readings. If you just want your Ascendant & Moon Sign, that's not a problem. You can U2U me your birthdate, birth time and birth place.

Disregard the link to Alabe.com by Human_Alien (3rd post on page 1 of this thread) -- it only does Tropical Zodiac charts.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClinTrojan
I know you are busy OP but could you do a reading for me when you get the chance?

If you can I will message my information that you will need.

Thanks

Hi ClinTrojan, if you can be very patient. A line has formed. Things popped up this week that diverted my time, so I'm behind on my charts. If you just want your Ascendant, Moon & Sun Signs that's no problem, just U2U me your birthdate, birth time, birth place. A reading takes time.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Undertaker

I know there are friendly people in this world. I'm asking you friendly folks, if someone could take the time to gather the information for me, and provide the information here.

I was born on March 21, 1986. I'm not certain of the hour, or day of the week at the moment, but I shall seek out my birth certificate or ask my mom. I know I am an Aires, and have always felt like one, but as if I am at war with myself, in a manner of speaking.

Thanks to all.

The_Undertaker, March 21, 1986 (Friday) was the Vernal Equinox. On the Tropical Zodiac, it's the Aries Ingress. However, on the Sidereal Zodiac your Sun is in Pisces. You may have Aries Rising. But I would need your birth time and birth place to get your Rising Sign (Ascendant) and degree of Moon. U2U me.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Hey SeaWind do you know of a website that does the charts you speak of?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
So very true OP.

Here's a 'quicky' free site to tell you your rising, moon etc signs. You have to know your hour of birth and of course, location.

Have fun.
alabe.com...

NVM I pasted my results from that sight with a ton of snarky remarks about how inaccurate each one was, but because I got up in the middle of typing out and was gone for about an hour I missed that you said to disregard it.

edit on 28-1-2011 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWind

Originally posted by The_Undertaker

Thanks to all.

The_Undertaker, March 21, 1986 (Friday) was the Vernal Equinox. On the Tropical Zodiac, it's the Aries Ingress. However, on the Sidereal Zodiac your Sun is in Pisces. You may have Aries Rising. But I would need your birth time and birth place to get your Rising Sign (Ascendant) and degree of Moon. U2U me.

SeaWind

Hi SeaWind...do you use a fixed date for the equinoxes?

Was just trying to figure your way out...and noticed in 1986 the Spring Equinox was on the 20th. Maybe its my figures that are wrong...so I thought maybe though that you do use a fixed date for Equinoxes and Solstices.

Just curious.
LV

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

The problem with trying to "prove" something to a materialist, reductionist is that they believe we already know how it all works.

It MUST fit in with our ideas of the way the universe and world works, otherwise it MUST be false!

First, you being born around the solstice/christmas still has everything to do with the effects of the stars. Your folks probably had one reason or another (i'm not going to get into conjectures) for conceiving you, intentional or unintentional, but it definitely could have to do with the fact that dec. 21 is a point of great celebration (happy people, lots of food, lots of booze, seeing family).
I won't try and guess what your folks' situation was, but no matter how hard you try, you can't escape the effects of the stars.

We're here orbiting the sun for a particular reason, because of our size, etc. The sun is in it's particular place because of the past events that have led it to this point, and so on. There's the constant equilibrium going on, which includes all of the stars and galaxies in our infinite universe.
To deny the effects of stars on our lives and society is to deny the equilibrium which keeps us alive.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
To put it short, it's certain we couldn't agree on such a thing, so a debate is unnecessary.
One of us knows the feeling of belief or faith (not to be confused with any religion).
The other knows the feeling of proof.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

reply to post by madnessinmysoul

The problem with trying to "prove" something to a materialist,

Ok, how do you know I'm a materialist? I mean, I happen to be one...but still, how do you know that I'm one.

reductionist

What's a reductionist?

is that they believe we already know how it all works.

What? Hell no! I don't think we know how it all works. We know how a quite a bit of it works, but we don't know how it all works. Nice straw man though. Man, someone must be making a killing selling those out there this week.

It MUST fit in with our ideas of the way the universe and world works, otherwise it MUST be false!

No, it must be demonstrable or there's no good reason to believe it's true.

First, you being born around the solstice/christmas still has everything to do with the effects of the stars.

Ok, so how do sustained fusion reactions occurring at such vast distances from us that they could die in our lifetime and we would never know effect my life?

Your folks probably had one reason or another (i'm not going to get into conjectures) for conceiving you, intentional or unintentional, but it definitely could have to do with the fact that dec. 21 is a point of great celebration (happy people, lots of food, lots of booze, seeing family).

Except that I was conceived about 9 months prior to that...

I won't try and guess what your folks' situation was, but no matter how hard you try, you can't escape the effects of the stars.

Sooo...because there are cultural events in December, the month I was born in not conceived in, the stars influence things.

I'm sorry, but this is a non sequitur. Your conclusions are in no way drawn from your premise. Where is the effect of the stars?

We're here orbiting the sun for a particular reason, because of our size, etc. The sun is in it's particular place because of the past events that have led it to this point, and so on.

Ok...and how do stars that were most definitely not involved in the formation of our solar system involved?

There's the constant equilibrium going on, which includes all of the stars and galaxies in our infinite universe.

And yet you cannot demonstrate the effect that the other stars and galaxies in our finite universe have. And what is this 'equilibrium'?

To deny the effects of stars on our lives and society is to deny the equilibrium which keeps us alive.

What keeps me alive is an intake of certain chemical compounds to continually fuel mean. They're typically carbon based, though I do have to ingest trace amounts of non-carbon based compounds and copious amounts of water.

The only star that has an effect on our lives is the sun. The only effects that the stars have on society are the ones we make them have.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

To put it short, it's certain we couldn't agree on such a thing, so a debate is unnecessary.

I'd agree on it if you could demonstrate it.

One of us knows the feeling of belief or faith (not to be confused with any religion).

So you know the feeling of not caring whether or not something is real. Quite ignorant.

The other knows the feeling of proof.

Proof isn't a feeling, it's a demonstration. I know reason, the one thing that has most advanced human society.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think the problem is that we are trying to compare things that are inconmensurable, by definition.
Things like Astrology should NEVER be treated as scientific knowledge. And that is NOT dissmisive of it's existence as a "Cultural Construct", thus it HAS value, because it's something born out of our creative capacity. One of (many many) ways that humans relate to the "outside" part of his identity
Scientific Knowledge MUST be constructed/discovered via the Scientific Method, anything else is outside it's scope.

But as Art defines our lives as much as Sciences, there's NOTHING wrong with the practice of Astrology.

I Love science, i'm studying it for that reason. But through my life I've encountered many things and phenomena OUTSIDE the scope of scientific knowledge (As in not being phisically demostrable) that definately SHAPED me and my vision of reality. And I have NO problem with that "paradox", in fact, it makes everything oh so much interesting...

I've had ufo sightings, and i have NO way of scientifically explain them.
I've had spiritual experiences that fail to fit in any stablished dogma.
Etc, etc...

As long as you don't mix sh*t up, it's all valid, in it's own "frame of reference" (pun not intended).
I think...

Drakus.
edit on 28/1/2011 by drakus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join