It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your True Star Signs: What You Should Know

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

Drakus, as I said before this is a very interesting chart. Remember I'm a Siderealist, so this may be quite different from what you're used to.

Your Ascendant is Sagittarius (Mutable Fire) ruled by Jupiter, which is very strong in it's own sign (Sag.) and conjuncting the rising degree.

Your Moon is in Cancer (Cardinal Water) ruled by the Moon, which is very strong in it's own sign.

Your Sun is in Scorpio (Fixed Water) ruled by Mars & Pluto. Your Mars is Exalted in Capricorn.

The aspects that I found most interesting were: Sun sextile Mars (exact), Sun conjunct Uranus, Moon opposition Venus, Moon opposition Jupiter, Moon trine Saturn, Mercury conjunct Neptune, Venus quintile Saturn, Venus square Pluto, Venus trine Chiron, Mars square Saturn.

All your Saturn aspects are strengthened by the fact that Saturn is Exalted in Libra.

Overall, I would say this is an unusual personality. The Mercury conjunct Neptune is in Sagittarius 1st House, very important to the overall tone of the chart. The Sun conjunct Uranus in Scorpio (12th House) concerns me – sharp mind, possible genius, but emotionally volatile. As well as the Mars squared Saturn affecting the 2nd and 11th Houses. Danger of extremism.

Physical presence large, both literally and in aura. Personality can overwhelm those around him. Probably born into wealth. Good education. Refined taste, drawn to classical architecture and maybe classical music. Some smugness and emotional aloofness.

Natural athletic ability.

Excellent mother, but occasional conflict anyway. May feel unloved and misunderstood despite good home.

Highly sensitive, may have psychic & healing abilities -- that are denied. Romantic and idealistic, but mixed with very intense, unpredictable, dark Scorpionic emotions. Capable of cruelty. Can be suspicious, possessive and controlling in romantic affairs. Danger of secret affairs. May marry for ulterior motives. Strong appetites.

Given so many gifts in terms of ability. May shoot himself in the foot with an uncontrolled intensity and temper. Watch out for bad judgment. Over-spending. Extravagant nature. Definitely, stay away from drugs!!!

SeaWind
edit on 16-1-2011 by SeaWind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon
reply to post by SeaWind

Thank you.

You may not be as pleased to find out that I am an ex-siderealist.

I spent the first 14 years (half of a Saturn cycle) of my studies as an avid sidereal astrologer, probably for many of the reasons presented in your posts and those of others on ATS.

Then, out of the blue, (a powerful Uranus hit, from memory), I had an epiphany, and from that moment forward practiced only tropical astrology.

This happened 17 years ago, so I simply cannot recall the convictions and realizations I had which turned my astrology world upside down. However, I do believe that both tropical and sidereal astrologies are valid in their own rights. The underlying basis is the same, only the frame of reference differs by a number of degrees.

That's all right, Mysticnoon, it doesn't bother me that you're an ex-siderealist. There's room for all kinds of Astrology. I've just found the Sidereal to be more accurate in my personal experience and in looking at charts of famous people. It's nice to be able to communicate with someone who knows Astrology. We comprise a small bunch. The masses of people have no real interest in it, may be they're not meant to.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWind
reply to post by Golf66

Golf66 Reading

A full reading would go on for pages & pages. I simply do NOT have the time to go into that kind of detail on this or even to type it all out. I do NOT use “canned” readings. So what I’m providing here is a synopsis of a synopsis.

I’m curious about your reaction. Some people do not recognize themselves. But don’t worry, it’s unlikely anyone will read this reading since it does NOT concern themselves. Besides this thread is getting very little attention.

I am not likely to ever meeet or know anyone here and will never give my real ID so I don't care if people see the stuff maybe it can help someone figure our why people choose the military career paths who knows.

Thanks, awesome work I am working on a response for your feedback on each point.

I consider myself to have developed a very thick skin after years of military service and tend to try and recognize my good and poor qualities - as well as I have had superior "rate' and "evaluate" my character for the past 24 years so not a lot of flaws go unnoticed.

Some of these things are spot on: for one I’m on the 3rd marriage all divorces my own fault for poor character and promiscuity.

Been married now for 14 years; however even early on in this relationship (while still dating) I was unfaithful but we worked it out. I seem to sabotage the relationships early so if there is rejection it’s for that reason not some other flaw.... I followed that MO for a long time....

Now I always tell people I have a wife I don’t deserve and a child I most certainly do….my kid is a challenge for sure - sooooo moody.

Chicks do tend to dig me for some reason - not bragging just saying sometimes it makes me uncomfortable often young girls too but now I know I have the maturity to not act on those impulses.

I had a palm reading at the age of 16 at the October Fest that basically came true and just happens to jive with your chart.

She said, long military or law enforcement career. Many short brief intense love affairs but no true satisfaction in that arena - which I will keep trying to leave the armed fields but always something will prevent it. I retired less than a year ago from the army and already the parole officers here have asked me to join and several people have assked me to consider running for County Sherriff (as ours is nearing retirement age).

Also, I have experienced in my life what I consider a unique phenomena and was wondering how this fit in my chart - this has been observed by some peers as well.

Once a friend and co-worker stated it quite clearly for me. He said, I don’t know how it is that people sometimes just don't friggin like you - you tend to not have many people in between.

Either you have fans or enemies. What he was saying and I have observed is that for some reason - sometimes at first meeting certain people can be just downright hostile or standoffish with me.

I went looking for a reason and just plugged my info into some "past life reading" site and interestingly it came up with eerie coincidence that in a past life I had some sort of power or authority or ability that I used to in a negative way and that people sometimes will not like me for seemingly no reason.

Do you see anything like that in the chart you did? My wife says it’s the way I talk down to people sometimes – ok, being honest most of the time.

If you have pay-pal and want to discuss a full deal I'll pay you the going rate for a full read.

Will give feedback before I go to bed tonight.

Cheers – you are awesome.

edit on 16/1/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/1/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Golf66:

"Once a friend and co-worker stated it quite clearly for me. He said, I don’t know how it is that people sometimes just don't friggin like you - you tend to not have many people in between.

Either you have fans or enemies. What he was saying and I have observed is that for some reason - sometimes at first meeting certain people can be just downright hostile or standoffish with me.

I went looking for a reason and just plugged my info into some "past life reading" site and interestingly it came up with eerie coincidence that in a past life I had some sort of power or authority or ability that I used to in a negative way and that people sometimes will not like me for seemingly no reason.

Do you see anything like that in the chart you did? My wife says it’s the way I talk down to people sometimes – ok, being honest most of the time."

Hi Golf66, I'm happy to get some positive feedback. I'm glad you're open to the idea of reincarnation. To me it's just a fact of human existence. Karma is something we all have to deal with.

A Scorpio Moon sends out very intense emotional energy that some people can pick up on. Mars with challenging aspects in the 3rd House of Communication, can also send out a very masculine, assertive "vibe" to other people. Your 6th House of Service (work & health) is in the sign of Leo, the "Royal" or "Kingly" sign. As I said before, you have no problem dominating other people (especially in the workplace). And if you sound like you're talking down to other people, that fits.

Thank you for your offer, but I cannot accept. 1.) I do NOT want the responsibility for advising someone else about their life. 2.) It really has NOT been my intent to make money on individual chart readings. 3.) I really do not have the time to do a full reading right now -- it takes time.

In old India, each royal court had its astrologer on permanent retainer. That way the astrologer did NOT have to worry about earning a living. A chart reading was NOT tied to money.

I look forward to reading your responses.

SeaWind
edit on 16-1-2011 by SeaWind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I would be surprised if you are not at least pretty. In any case, you have a large, compassionate heart. Probably love animals, especially small ones. You are a natural "Earth Mother." I suspect artistic skill or creative talent. Especially sensitive to beauty in all it's forms -- love of music & dance?

Yes on animals! I have 2 cats and 2 dogs. All are 'rescued' from homelessness.
I do tend mother... everybody and everything. Music & dance-- what would life be without it?!
Art? It is my mainstay, the playground of my soul and my saving grace. I have no formal training. It trains me. Here's a picture (pastel) I drew of a friend's kids, because it's the only way I knew to say 'thank you' to her for helping me thru a tough time... [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce7428e235c3.jpg[/atsimg] I look at this and I remember doing it. I just don't know how. It's a drive and energy I can't explain. Can you? Edit to say: It cut off half the pic and I don't know how to fix that. Sorry!

There are problems though: tendency to float off in to dreamland, but you are sensitive to the Invisible Realm. Possible problems in completing education. Overall, not a bad chart.

Dreamland? I have a report card from 3rd grade where the teacher commented that I was often in a dream world... lol. Yes, I am attuned to 'invisible realm' --sometimes scarily so. Education tried to be a problem early on, but I did not want to disappoint my parents. (I'm a bit of a pleaser, by nature.) So I dove in and finished high school, college & masters degree by age 21 (When things got hairy, I leaned on the creative side of my brain.)

But yeah, your description was spot on for me... thanks!

edit on 1/16/2011 by new_here because: Edit to say: It cut off half the pic and I don't know how to fix that. Sorry!

edit on 1/16/2011 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWindYour Ascendant is Pisces (Mutable Water) ruled by Jupiter & Neptune. Nakshatra Revati
Your Moon is Fallen in Scorpio (Fixed Water) ruled by Mars & Pluto. It’s also in the Nakshatra Jyestha.
Your Sun is in Gemini (Mutable Air) ruled by Mercury. Nakshatra Ardra

All that stuff went way over my head….

Originally posted by SeaWindThe first thing that struck me about your chart is that you have Saturn in the first house. It’s squared by both the Moon & Mars. You had a hard, difficult childhood and youth. Danger of broken bones, bad teeth, diseases of the bones in general. There may be something unusual about the feet. You tend to be lean.

While, I am sure kids have had much worse childhoods; my parents divorced at a pretty young age and I was raised mostly by my Mom. She was not abusive or anything but she worked a lot and I pretty much took care of myself most of the time; she was often gone before I got up for school and would come home after 1700 or so. So from like age 8 on I made my own breakfasts and a lot of diners too – I also am an only child so spent a lot of time playing alone.

I did break my arm once really bad when I was a kid in a bike accident; compound fracture. As for the reckless part the people at the local ER knew me by name…. Never had dental care till the Army.

The feet thing is interesting since I started walking very young – my mom said about 6 months (don’t know how true that is, seems like an exaggeration). This she explained is why I had to wear leg braces till 3 and corrective shoes until I was about 9. I hated those things and would ditch them before school for tennis shoes and pick them up after in the bushes. LOL once got busted because I was short and in front row on picture day with the wrong shoes on!

Always, was really skinny kid…but have since filled out – never passed an Army weigh in but never had more than 15% body fat. Averaged about 5’9’ 200lbs.

Originally posted by SeaWindYou are a very complicated personality. There is a sincere desire to do good and you have a genuine capacity for compassion. However, there is also a dangerous, sullen temper, the problems of holding grudges, getting even, a recklessness.

Like to help people who can’t help themselves (SF official motto is De oppresso liber (Latin: To Liberate the Oppressed), a reference to one of their primary missions, training and advising foreign indigenous forces.)

I joined the Army for adventure of course to be a Ranger then went Special Forces – love to skydive (we call it HALO) and scuba, rock climb etc. I do have a temper for sure but keep things repressed until I’ve had enough then blow… I also love my revenge and serve it cold and hard. I used to get into fights in school a lot but once I joined the Army I guess I didn’t need the outlet.

Originally posted by SeaWindYou had/have a very difficult mother. Either she was sick or incapacitated in some way. You were deprived of tender maternal care when you were a sensitive, impressionable youth. This lack of emotional nurturance and conflicts with the mother has lead to difficulties in your relationships with women in general.

What can I say about my mom other than – she wasn’t around much like I stated above. Worked a lot, I did my own thing and when she was home she was usually so dead tired she was asleep an hour later. She was not a bad mom but nurturing wasn't her thing - she was a suck it up and drive on type.

Originally posted by SeaWindWomen tend to be afraid of you. You are too brusque and forceful.

Either this is off or I just don’t see it one of the two – I’ve never been verbally or physically abusive to women – the way I deal with them is emotional detachment. I go through hot and cold spurts of wanting attention and wanting to be left alone completely. (Which one wife said was worse than abuse). Chicks dig me for some reaosn - I'm not evn a good looking of a guy, always made me feel great till now - now it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Originally posted by SeaWindYou have a VERY powerful Mars (in Taurus) by position in the 3rd House. This gives enormous vitality and genuine COURAGE. Because you have aspects that show dangerous recklessness, you need to rein it in.

Well, I do have two purple hearts…. Got wounded twice in action – not a hero just part of the job; did have a Commander tell me next time he caught me busting down a door as team leader he’d relieve me. I am an adrenaline junkie I admit. I feel hollow inside since I am not participating in the war - I need something to do I am going crazy. Was offered a contract job with Blackwater but feel something ominous coming and want to be home and prepared when it happens.

Originally posted by SeaWindYour Venus is powerful by sign (Taurus) which it owns. There is something pleasant about the voice, possibly a melodious speaking voice or singing voice. There’s talent in music.You should do something with your voice – either develop it for public speaking or such. You are a natural teacher.

Have always been a good public speaker (or briefer I guess more likely in the Army) I don’t mind a crowd – doesn’t bother me in the least. Also, a key part of SF is training foreign nationals – seem to be good at that. I also, substitute teach at the county schools 3 times a week in various classes. History and Social Studies are my favorites. The kids neer seem to give me a problem like the other subs.

Originally posted by SeaWindGetting back to the women in your life: you have a VERY strong sex drive which has been difficult to control. There’s the danger of divorce. The women who attract you are very feminine and sensual. The one you marry tends to be practical & sensible. But you are sexually attracted to difficult “naughty” women who have a certain “darkness” about them (not necessarily dark in appearance, but dark in character). They have mystery and a touch of the exotic about them. Women have been something of a real headache & heartache in your life.

My first two wives where what I call my rescues; both from bad situations at home one was a dancer – loll you can go with that as you see fit. The other was abused as a kid. I cheated on every woman I have ever been involved with – thankfully either I grew-up or the kid motivated me to quit that practice. I love my wife for forgiving me and would never do it again.

Got into a lot of trouble with chicks in my day and even had an odd uncomfortable situation with one of my current wives sister’s friends crushing on me a few years ago when she lived with us – she was 18 and it was very tempting ad I was very flattered but I am so glad I didn’t act out there.

I addressed this in the initial response as well – I think I feared rejection from women so much that in the beginning of a relationship I would cheat so if there was an issue I could blame it on that and not feel like I was lacking something,

Originally posted by SeaWindThere is a deep love of the LAND. This can also be expressed as patriotism. Your Sun in Gemini is closely conjunct with Jupiter, this will give you some buoyancy and optimism to counterbalance the melancholy of a challenged Saturn in the !st house.

This is another one of those either I’m missing it or the chart is off somehow – I am the most negative and cynical person I know as my wife will vouch for. Patriotism we got covered and I love my farm and my animals - it is the only thing I have that beings me joy right now. A part of me died at retirement from the Army.

Originally posted by SeaWindAlthough Mercury is not especially strong by sign (Cancer), it is strengthened by its placement in the 5th House. There is intelligence there and a capacity to learn.

Always been pretty smart kid but in school, high school especially I was total under achiever. However, if it’s something I like I will excel at it. Certainly not a genius obviously by my grammar and spelling.

Originally posted by SeaWindLeo rules your 6th House of Service & Health (this is also your Lunar 10th House of Careers). You have Uranus & Pluto (exactly conjoined) and squared by Mars. You have no problem dominating co-workers & subordinates. Workplace often dirty & dangerous, with the presence of Death. Uranus can represent electricity and the sudden release of energy. It’s also very unpredictable. Pluto can also represent explosives & Death. These aspects in particular are often associated with military careers & war. There is the danger of fires in the home, accidents, air accidents. Possible heart problems indicated by Ascendant inconjunct the Uranus Pluto conjunction in the 6th House. Watch diet.

Here I guess the military comes in – In special forces I’ve caused/seen my share of death. Explosives and death is funny cause when I was enlisted I was a Special Forces Engineer (demolitions – LOL).
I have been injured twice on jumps once breaking C5 and 6 vertebrae in my neck. I have high blood pressure 180/120 without meds.

Originally posted by SeaWindTo wrap up, the real thrust of this chart is the search for higher knowledge. The sensitivity to the Unseen, combined with a Scorpio Moon in the 9th House of Philosophy, and Sagittarius (natural ruler of the 9th House) on the MidHeaven ruling the 10th House of Careers. There is a thirst for knowledge of all kinds, you probably have a large personal library. Intrigued by mystery. You are a natural communicator, teacher, maybe a writer. Your intense emotional nature and strong sex drive, sensuality can cause serious problems in your life, but you also have a strong will capable of self-control. Stay away from alcohol, drugs and gambling – especially dangerous for you.

Lot of books last time we moved the military said I had claimed 5k lbs of professional gear and books – they did an audit all were on warfare or related topics. Would love to write a book someday but am a really poor writer.

Tying chicks in with alcohol is how I always justified my destructive behavior – never did a stupid thing unless I was drunk. Now I know better. I can drink in moderation with the wife out or something but if I go away on a trip I just don't drink anymore - primarily becasue I don't trust myself to stop and act responsibly.

Also, I was addicted to oxycontin after breaking my neck – taking it way longer than I needed to. The doctors kept giving it to me and more and more till my wife said I was like a zombie and either the drugs go or she would. I love her for that - my neck still hurts a lot some days after a hard day on the farm but I was using it as an excuse to stay high for way too long. I have a bottle of percocet that she keeps hidden I ask for it if I really need it. Which is rare nowdays - got 60 tabs 6 months ago and still have 30 left.

While I had a broken neck I couldn’t do much so got addicted to WOW of all stupid things – started as something to occupy my time in the bed and morphed into a full fledged adiction.

I have realized I have a very all or nothing personality. Hard for me to do something in moderation regardless of what it is.

Been WOW free for 12 months and counting – lol !

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

It's nice to be able to communicate with someone who knows Astrology. We comprise a small bunch. The masses of people have no real interest in it, may be they're not meant to.
reply to post by SeaWind

Yes, I'm always glad to encounter other astrologers.

I used to belong to some interesting astrology forums, but I find it too much of an effort to maintain a coherent astrological dialogue. My accumulated astrological knowledge resides somewhere in the Neptunian realms where the details are hard to summon at will.

Incidentally, it is interesting to observe how readily people will open themselves and share their personal lives when you have their chart in front of you. Maybe it is the one time that everything they have experienced in life has some meaning and relevance to another, the astrologer?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
great thread

Im "trying" to learn about astrology. It is so much more involved then I first thought, and I am definately starting to get confused. There are just so many different versions. I have always identified with being a virgo, but unlike my Grandma and Father who are also virgo, I am so different to them. Looser.

Seawind, I would like to appeal to you to do an analysis for me please.And for my son. I had a dream where my bf's dead mother was yelling me the importance of my sons birthday.

I was born in South Australia, Australia , September 20th 1986. approx 5:15pm .
My son was born South Australia, Australia, October 24th 2002, approx 5:30pm

I would be ever so appreciative !!!!!!
Maybe you could recommend me on where to research further. One day I would like to be able to draw up and interpret charts myself.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
SeaWind
That's one quite interesting read. Thank you very much for taking the time and effort in writing this
It differs from other readings i had done. I'll try to explain part by part.

reply to post by drakus

Drakus, as I said before this is a very interesting chart. Remember I'm a Siderealist, so this may be quite different from what you're used to.

Yes it is

Your Ascendant is Sagittarius (Mutable Fire) ruled by Jupiter, which is very strong in it's own sign (Sag.) and conjuncting the rising degree.

Your Moon is in Cancer (Cardinal Water) ruled by the Moon, which is very strong in it's own sign.

Your Sun is in Scorpio (Fixed Water) ruled by Mars & Pluto. Your Mars is Exalted in Capricorn.

The aspects that I found most interesting were: Sun sextile Mars (exact), Sun conjunct Uranus, Moon opposition Venus, Moon opposition Jupiter, Moon trine Saturn, Mercury conjunct Neptune, Venus quintile Saturn, Venus square Pluto, Venus trine Chiron, Mars square Saturn.

All your Saturn aspects are strengthened by the fact that Saturn is Exalted in Libra.

This is pretty obscure to me, i understand that the various "aspects" are more or less expressed according to the "strength" of the interactions. Am i right?
Could you elaborate about the "saturn aspects"? I'm trying to understand the process that is used in the interpretation of these astronomical relations.

Overall, I would say this is an unusual personality. The Mercury conjunct Neptune is in Sagittarius 1st House, very important to the overall tone of the chart. The Sun conjunct Uranus in Scorpio (12th House) concerns me – sharp mind, possible genius, but emotionally volatile. As well as the Mars squared Saturn affecting the 2nd and 11th Houses. Danger of extremism.

I don't know about the genius, that's not for me to say

"emotionally volatile" + "extremism" both describe well my tendency to go from an optimistic, constructive state to depression and frustration pretty easy.

Physical presence large, both literally and in aura. Personality can overwhelm those around him. Probably born into wealth. Good education. Refined taste, drawn to classical architecture and maybe classical music. Some smugness and emotional aloofness.
Natural athletic ability.

I'm pretty tall, but i have absolutely no idea about my aura

You are spot on about the cultural and artistic interests. More than interests are obsessions. (not per se, but as a medium, but that's another story) Add science to that list.

Excellent mother, but occasional conflict anyway. May feel unloved and misunderstood despite good home.

I have a good relationship overall with both my parents. I consider both the best persons i have ever met. (off course, i'm biased)
I know that much of my love for humanity and it's path comes from them.

Highly sensitive, may have psychic & healing abilities -- that are denied. Romantic and idealistic, but mixed with very intense, unpredictable, dark Scorpionic emotions. Capable of cruelty. Can be suspicious, possessive and controlling in romantic affairs. Danger of secret affairs. May marry for ulterior motives. Strong appetites.

modesty aside, i reckon myself to be very empathic, but i could never avoid my own mental "noise" so that's pretty repressed.
Romantic and idealistic, but mixed with very intense, unpredictable, dark Scorpionic emotions.
I don't know which emotions are scorpionic, but the rest of the picture is oddly accurate..
I try pretty hard to be, at least, a good guy. But often i feel that no matter how much "good" i do, a same amount of .. i don't want to use the word evil as it has a moral connotation i don't share, but maybe darker, animalistic emotions build inside me.
I have yet to find the key to redirect this crude, passionate and often tenebrous energy into positive action.

Given so many gifts in terms of ability. May shoot himself in the foot with an uncontrolled intensity and temper. Watch out for bad judgment. Over-spending. Extravagant nature. Definitely, stay away from drugs!!!

This may serve as an example. Over the last years i bought a guitar, a trumpet, a sax, and i'm about to buy a piano. And i never learn to properly play none of those instruments. That can't be good investing

Funny you mention drugs...

What first stroke me was the fact that most (if not all) previous "chartings", painted me as a pretty sociable guy and while i'm no hermit, i prefer to spend my time alone...

Thank you, seawind, i really enjoyed reading it.
Drakus
From the Silver City.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hi again Seawind

I mean no ill will with my questions to you.

Here is my idea about the 3 zodiacs (tropical, sidereal, astronomical).....and why they all will resonate to a point.

Tropical offers 'past' positions, offering a more natural nature to people for they have already been 'of' that alignment. Sidereal offers more of a 'present' but with some short falls such as the limitation of some outside signs, like Sextans. I wouldnt know its worth....if I did not find out I had Venus in Sextans through the astronomical. I think the Astronomical is present as well as offering what needs to be worked on in this life. I think probably 80% of the time, sidereal will offer this, showing something that needs to be worked on, a deeper purpose for this life....with a few exceptions of planets and moon outside the wheel. I have a image you might enjoy...showing how the tropical, sidereal, and astronomical wheel align with eachother....

Its not often I can speak with another of their own Art...and them not shrug at me with anger...so forgive my questions...and my sharing of thoughts...they do not come with ill intent.

Thanks for sharing and offering what you do to so many others....

LV

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Reply to post by madnessinmysoul

You want to know the difference between modern humans and humans of the past?

Humans of the ancient civilizations never dismissed metaphysics. They worked hand in hand with science. People of this era completely dismiss anything that isn't the realm of science

Ancient people had a balance between the two. Modern humans lost that balance to technology.

Balance got to be restored.

I don't even argue astrology or numerology with people who think one sign or number describes you when there's a collection of a few key important signs and numbers that affect you.

-shrug-

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
@madnessinmysoul

That reply was not meant for you sorry. Mobile version confused me

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Education tried to be a problem early on, but I did not want to disappoint my parents. (I'm a bit of a pleaser, by nature.) So I dove in and finished high school, college & masters degree by age 21 (When things got hairy, I leaned on the creative side of my brain.)

Hi New_here, thank you so much for the feedback.

Your pastel is lovely & well done and certainly validates your artistic talent! There's a lot of imagination & creativity in your chart.

As for why I overlooked your educational accomplishments (pretty impressive), it points out the problems in doing a "quickie" reading. I'm slapping myself on the wrist. I will get back to you on that.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Golf66, thank you so much for taking the time to share these details with me. I really appreciate it. It teaches me something about how to gauge the power of an aspect or placement.

I hope you find a worthy channel for your abundant energies.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

It's nice to be able to communicate with someone who knows Astrology. We comprise a small bunch. The masses of people have no real interest in it, may be they're not meant to.
reply to post by SeaWind

Yes, I'm always glad to encounter other astrologers.

I used to belong to some interesting astrology forums, but I find it too much of an effort to maintain a coherent astrological dialogue. My accumulated astrological knowledge resides somewhere in the Neptunian realms where the details are hard to summon at will.

Incidentally, it is interesting to observe how readily people will open themselves and share their personal lives when you have their chart in front of you. Maybe it is the one time that everything they have experienced in life has some meaning and relevance to another, the astrologer?

Yes, I understand the difficulty of retrieving specific details from the Neptunian realms. Astrology can be difficult to explain to someone who's not in it.

Yes, nicely put. And sometimes it's nice just to be able to talk openly about facets of your life that you would not share with those in your REAL life.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonpie86
great thread

Im "trying" to learn about astrology. It is so much more involved then I first thought, and I am definately starting to get confused. There are just so many different versions. I have always identified with being a virgo, but unlike my Grandma and Father who are also virgo, I am so different to them. Looser.

Seawind, I would like to appeal to you to do an analysis for me please.And for my son. I had a dream where my bf's dead mother was yelling me the importance of my sons birthday.

I was born in South Australia, Australia , September 20th 1986. approx 5:15pm .
My son was born South Australia, Australia, October 24th 2002, approx 5:30pm

I would be ever so appreciative !!!!!!
Maybe you could recommend me on where to research further. One day I would like to be able to draw up and interpret charts myself.

Hi Moonpie86, South Australia is a LARGE area. I would need exact birthplaces (at least the closest town if it's a really small village or rural area). Exact birth times are needed as well, should be on your birth certificates.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I don't deny that there may be some validity to this Astrology stuff but I am extremely skeptical. Reading through the responses to the OP, a question occured to me;

Why are birth times and dates so important to Astrology? To me it would make more sense to base calculations on the time of conception, the moment when two distinct lifeforms merge to create a new and unique individual. Wouldn't the Planetary bodies influence on ourseles be most important at the moment we become the unique lifeforms that each of us are? If the answer to the previous question is "yes" then it also occurs to me that assuming a nine month gestation period would not be a very accurate method.

Not trolling.... serious question.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hey I find this whole thing very interesting and wonder what my chart would say... Is there anyway you can do a reading for me please?

I was born on November 25, 1993 at 11:43 AM
The location is : 25.73960, -80.21530 which is miami FL

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

Drakus, hope the following answers some of your questions:

SeaWind: “The aspects that I found most interesting were: Sun sextile Mars (exact), Sun conjunct Uranus, Moon opposition Venus, Moon opposition Jupiter, Moon trine Saturn, Mercury conjunct Neptune, Venus quintile Saturn, Venus square Pluto, Venus trine Chiron, Mars square Saturn.

All your Saturn aspects are strengthened by the fact that Saturn is Exalted in Libra.”

Drakus: “This is pretty obscure to me, i understand that the various "aspects" are more or less expressed according to the "strength" of the interactions. Am i right?”

SeaWind: Yes, you are right. The aspects are mathematical relationships between the various planets & sensitive points in the chart. Different astrologers use different orbs or spheres of influence. As an example, let’s say a MidHeaven is squared (a perfect square is 90 degrees) to a Sun, but instead of being EXACTLY 90 degrees, it’s at 99 degrees. If an astrologer is using a 10 degree orb, that aspect is included. If an astrologer uses a tighter orb of 8 degrees, then that aspect is considered “out-of-orb” and NOT used.

But that is not all, one has to consider what signs the planets are in. As an example, if Saturn is in Aries (the sign of its Fall) it does NOT operate at it’s best, indeed the worst tends to come out. In your case, Saturn is in Libra (the sign of its Exaltation) and the best of Saturn has a chance to come out, depending on how it’s aspected and where in the chart it appears.

Which leads us to the Houses in the chart. These Houses define different areas of life.

In your case, Drakus, your Exalted Saturn is in your 11th House. In the West, this is considered to rule group associations, friendships. In Jyotish, friends & social life are included, but it is also one of the Houses of worldy desires & money. This increases your ability to perfect your various skills, you get to fulfill most of your desires, it intensifies your interest in music and the other fine arts. In your chart, it’s one of the indicators of wealth. This gives talent & ability in Law, math & logic. You do NOT suffer fools gladly. You can be judgmental, strict, even autocratic. But this also enhances your capacity for self-discipline.

Drakus: “Could you elaborate about the "saturn aspects"? I'm trying to understand the process that is used in the interpretation of these astronomical relations.”

SeaWind: It’s too time-consuming to explain all of your Saturn aspects or how this is all melded in the astrologer’s mind to come up with an interpretation, let me condense this:

you have Moon trine Saturn (this enhances much needed self-discipline, gives organizational ability, capacity for hard work, practicality).

Venus quintile Saturn (gives talent in the Fine Arts, refines taste).

Mars square Saturn (potentially dangerous aspect, ignoring signs of overload, biting off more than you can chew, adds austerity or harshness/cruetly to personality, can frustrate fulfillment of desires leading to much anger & depression, danger of accidents, broken bones).

Jupiter sextile Saturn (adds optimism, supports ability in Law, higher education, organizational skills, enhances self-discipline and caution).

SeaWind: “Highly sensitive, may have psychic & healing abilities -- that are denied. “

Drakus: “modesty aside, i reckon myself to be very empathic, but i could never avoid my own mental "noise" so that's pretty repressed.”

SeaWind: Have you tried meditation? This will lower the volume on your mental noise. You have the discipline to do it, despite all of your restless energy.

SeaWind: ”Romantic and idealistic, but mixed with very intense, unpredictable, dark Scorpionic emotions. “

Drakus: “I don't know which emotions are scorpionic, but the rest of the picture is oddly accurate. I try pretty hard to be, at least, a good guy. But often i feel that no matter how much "good" i do, a same amount of .. i don't want to use the word evil as it has a moral connotation i don't share, but maybe darker, animalistic emotions build inside me. I have yet to find the key to redirect this crude, passionate and often tenebrous energy into positive action.”

SeaWind: As I said in my reading, “Capable of cruelty. Can be suspicious, possessive and controlling in romantic affairs..” – these are Scorpionic emotions. Read up on the meanings of Scorpio and Ophiuchus. Both apply to your Sun conjunct Uranus in the 12th House.

SeaWind: “Given so many gifts in terms of ability. May shoot himself in the foot with an uncontrolled intensity and temper. Watch out for bad judgment. Over-spending. Extravagant nature. Definitely, stay away from drugs!!!”

Drakus: “This may serve as an example. Over the last years i bought a guitar, a trumpet, a sax, and i'm about to buy a piano. And i never learn to properly play none of those instruments. That can't be good investing

Funny you mention drugs...”

SeaWind: This is the danger of having too many opportunities – choosing what to focus on so you can master it can be a problem.

Drakus: “What first stroke me was the fact that most (if not all) previous "chartings", painted me as a pretty sociable guy and while i'm no hermit, i prefer to spend my time alone...”

SeaWind: Even though you have jovial Sagittarius as your Ascendant (which influences how people see you), your Scorpio Sun conjunct Uranus in the 12th House is a strong indicator of someone who needs solitude. Your purpose is probably “Spiritual Transformation” in this lifetime. Solitude is necessary for meditation and inner withdrawal. A young body has its needs, which can interfere. You have so many distractions in your life. But I see an “old soul” who is here to do serious inner transformation.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
I don't deny that there may be some validity to this Astrology stuff but I am extremely skeptical. Reading through the responses to the OP, a question occured to me;

Why are birth times and dates so important to Astrology? To me it would make more sense to base calculations on the time of conception, the moment when two distinct lifeforms merge to create a new and unique individual. Wouldn't the Planetary bodies influence on ourseles be most important at the moment we become the unique lifeforms that each of us are? If the answer to the previous question is "yes" then it also occurs to me that assuming a nine month gestation period would not be a very accurate method.

Not trolling.... serious question.

Thanks

Blarneystoner, assuming you're NOT a troll, you're NOT going to like the answer. You believe that human life begins at conception. I do NOT.

In my belief system, when conception happens, the soul is drawn to the parents, especially the mother, but does NOT actually enter the physical vehicle being formed in the womb.

When the baby is born and draws its first breath, at that time the soul enters the body.

When a person dies, the soul leaves with the body's last breath.

SeaWind

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join