It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your True Star Signs: What You Should Know

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayTee
Hey SeaWind do you know of a website that does the charts you speak of?

JayTee, I have my own software. But online, I would recommend a German site -- Astrodienst. Just go to their home page & click on "Free Horoscopes" (or something like that), then on the next page, click on "Extended Chart Selection." Have fun!

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

Originally posted by Human_Alien
So very true OP.

Here's a 'quicky' free site to tell you your rising, moon etc signs. You have to know your hour of birth and of course, location.

Have fun.
alabe.com...

NVM I pasted my results from that sight with a ton of snarky remarks about how inaccurate each one was, but because I got up in the middle of typing out and was gone for about an hour I missed that you said to disregard it.

edit on 28-1-2011 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

Calstorm, the link given by Human_Alien goes to a site that only produces Tropical Charts and a canned reading. I tried to get the Mods to delete that link, but they refused. So people continue to be mislead.

So even if your comments on an incorrect chart had posted, it would have been a wasted effort.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Originally posted by SeaWind

Originally posted by The_Undertaker
I find this all very interesting!

I know there are friendly people in this world. I'm asking you friendly folks, if someone could take the time to gather the information for me, and provide the information here.

I was born on March 21, 1986. I'm not certain of the hour, or day of the week at the moment, but I shall seek out my birth certificate or ask my mom. I know I am an Aires, and have always felt like one, but as if I am at war with myself, in a manner of speaking.

Thanks to all.

The_Undertaker, March 21, 1986 (Friday) was the Vernal Equinox. On the Tropical Zodiac, it's the Aries Ingress. However, on the Sidereal Zodiac your Sun is in Pisces. You may have Aries Rising. But I would need your birth time and birth place to get your Rising Sign (Ascendant) and degree of Moon. U2U me.

SeaWind

Hi SeaWind...do you use a fixed date for the equinoxes?

Was just trying to figure your way out...and noticed in 1986 the Spring Equinox was on the 20th. Maybe its my figures that are wrong...so I thought maybe though that you do use a fixed date for Equinoxes and Solstices.

Just curious.
LV

LeoVirgo, I don't know anyone who uses a fixed date for the Vernal Equinox -- it can vary from one year to the next.

I just opened up my Michelsen Ephemeris (which is set up for noon GMT) and saw that the 1986 Vernal Equinox was near 00:00 hrs on the 21st of March. Which means almost ALL of the Vernal Equinox or "First Day of Spring" falls on March 21, 1986. To be exact, it depends on where in the world you happened to be in 1986.

In Greenwich, England the Vernal Equinox was at about 10:10 PM on March 20, 1986 -- less than two hours from Midnight. I'm sure there were New Forest witches out doing their rituals at that exact moment. But most would have celebrated the Vernal Equinox on the 21st that year. It depends on where you were.

In Tokyo, Japan the exact moment of the 1986 Vernal Equinox would have been about 7:10 AM on March 21.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

Reading for Mutly:

To answer your question about what difference it would make to have your wife born in OR instead of OK at the same moment: Born in OK, your wife has an Ascendant of 9 degrees Scorpio 10 minutes. If she had been born in OR, her Ascendant would have been 29 degrees Libra 29 minutes.

You have been undergoing your Sade Sati ( a difficult Saturn cycle - about 7.5 yrs long) for a few years now. It started on May 25, 2005 and will not end until August 5, 2012. The worst of it is over.

So I have a question for you on this: which period was worse for you: the period of May 25, 2005 to July 16, 2007 or the period of July 16, 2007 to Sept 9, 2009???

To Be Continued in Another Post…

SeaWind
edit on 29-1-2011 by SeaWind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

Reading for Mutly continued:

On the Sidereal Zodiac (using the Lahiri Ayanamsha), you are a “Triple Fire Sign.”

Ascendant 3 degrees Aries 29 min. 36 sec.
Moon 12 degrees Leo 38 min. 36 sec.
Sun 11 degrees Leo 17 min. 28 sec.

As I said before, it’s as if the gods looked down on you and decided to dampen all that Fire with serious challenges.

Your Ascendant is conjoined with Mars – a very powerful sign for Mars (Mars rules Aries). While I was doing your chart, I had a persistent mental image of a wilderness area – snow-capped mountains & evergreen forests.

Do horses mean anything to you? Are you attracted to horses? They might be a totem for you.

Are you of medium height? Have a ruddy complexion? Have red hair? A triangular-shaped face? Moles on the face? Strongly marked eyebrows?

I would say that you had a decent upbringing.

Pioneer is one of the key words used to describe an Arian. Most would use the word in its figurative sense, but with you, I suspect this is almost literal. In another era, you would have been a frontiersman – a natural explorer & trailblazer. You love the great outdoors and wilderness areas -- freedom. When you were young, were you athletic?.

One of the problems of having so much Aries & Leo, is that it tends to make one arrogant & autocratic. As a youth, I’m sure you were and hot tempered. Time tends to knock the p*ss & vinegar out of people. Leo is a royal sign, the shadow side of that is that you probably feel above the herd. The throne is felt to be your natural seat. You have no problem taking command & leading.

You were born right after a New Moon, your Moon was waxing. Unfortunately, the Sun closely conjoined with the Moon is considered to harm the etheric body and your general vitality. If you have children, they are more likely to be male.

This Sun Moon conjunction is joined by Mercury in your 5th House. This is an excellent House placement for Mercury which strengthens the power of the intellect. Your Mercury, Sun, Moon conjunction is also sextile to Saturn in your 3rd House of Communications. This reinforces your mental acuity with common sense and gives you a capacity for self-discipline & hard work. You are probably brighter than average.

Saturn and your Lunar South Node are in Gemini and your 3rd House. Some Hindus consider Ketu (South Node) in Gemini to be Exalted (at it’s best). It confers the gift of spiritual interests & increases psychism.

Are you left-handed? Is there anything unusual about your hands? Do you have any special manual skills – mechanics or sculpture?

Your 6th House of Service & Health contains a Fallen Venus conjoined with and hemmed in on either side by Uranus & Pluto, all in Virgo. Venus rules your 7th House of Marriage & 2nd House of Resources and is considered Maraka of the chart.

Did you meet your wife at work? Is your wife in the health services? Does your wife have health problems?

Does your work involve radioactive material, electronics, hi-tech equipment? Scientific or investigative work? Jobs can end suddenly.

Are you suffering from any kind of illness involving the intestines such as IBS, etc? You probably have an interest in diet and unusual methods of healing.

Traditionally, this configuration (Fallen Venus in the 6th House) is associated with psychosomatic illnesses. There is also the danger of venereal diseases and fixating on a “lost love.” This Venus is also squared by Saturn. Not happy for the significations of Venus. Danger of heartbreak & divorce.

The good news is that the 6th House is a “growing” house and things get better over time. Also your Fallen Venus is in Neechbhanga rajayoga because the ruler of Virgo, Mercury, is in the 1st Lunar House. This means “cancellation of Fallen” but brings very mixed results – not an entire cancellation of Fallen.

The Hindu astrologers do not use Uranus & Pluto, but these are very significant in my experience. The other planets have millennia of observation supporting them, these do not. So the meaning of Uranus & Pluto can be mysterious in terms of health, etc. Illness could come suddenly from dark causes. Nervous disorders, depression?

I need to warn you about some potentially dangerous aspects in your chart. Your Sun, Moon, Mercury conjunction in Leo in the 5th House is closely squared by Neptune in Scorpio in the 8th House. (The Sun is exactly squared Neptune.) What this square does is create confusion. It makes you vulnerable to self-deception and deception & treachery from others. It clouds your judgment and weakens your will power. It draws you to the weird and mysterious. It also increases your sensitivity to the Unseen, your psychism.

Stay away from séances, communicating with the dead, Ouija boards, automatic writing, Enochian rituals, Magick that involves spirit calling – you are in danger of being influenced or even obsessed by Lower Astral entities.

Stay away from hallucinogens: '___', mescaline, peyote buttons, magic mushrooms, etc. Really dangerous for you.

In combination with these challenging Neptune aspects, you have your Mars squared by Jupiter (Fallen in Capricorn in the 10th House of Careers) and only one degree from exact. These aspects feed into each other, increasing their danger. Mars squared Jupiter increases your bad judgment. It’s the aspect of the gambler, one who doesn’t know when to walk away from the table, a foolish risk-taker. It increases extravagance of all kinds, but especially financial extravagance.

The 5th House (where your Sun, Moon & Mercury are) also rules gambling & speculation (investments). This is squared by Neptune in the 8th which makes you vulnerable to scammers, con artists, get-rich-quick schemes.

Luckily, in your case, you have some good aspects that increase your common sense and self-discipline to act (hopefully) as counter-weights to these destructive forces.

You have intelligence, sensitivity, talent in some form of communication (writing?), and natural leadership ability.

As always, I believe getting in touch with God within you (meditation) is the panacea for all ills.

“There are as many paths to God as there are breaths drawn.” (Hindu saying)

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

Appreciate your reply Seawind...was just double checking where you were coming from with that.

LV

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Ok, you asked for my feed back so ill comment on what I can. Some things I found really interesting others I can kind of see, others I dont know if they are "off" or if its just something about me im not seeing but others do or what.

Originally posted by SeaWind
reply to post by SeaWind

Reading for Mutly continued:

Your Ascendant is conjoined with Mars – a very powerful sign for Mars (Mars rules Aries). While I was doing your chart, I had a persistent mental image of a wilderness area – snow-capped mountains & evergreen forests.

Do horses mean anything to you? Are you attracted to horses? They might be a totem for you.

Are you of medium height? Have a ruddy complexion? Have red hair? A triangular-shaped face? Moles on the face? Strongly marked eyebrows?

I would say that you had a decent upbringing.

Pioneer is one of the key words used to describe an Arian. Most would use the word in its figurative sense, but with you, I suspect this is almost literal. In another era, you would have been a frontiersman – a natural explorer & trailblazer. You love the great outdoors and wilderness areas -- freedom. When you were young, were you athletic?.

This is one of the bits I found interesting. Skeptics will say its a good guess for someone born in Alaska in early 70s, but where i was raised was the sticks and most of the people raised with me were not grand children of homesteaders as myself and cousins are. The oildfield money started comming in and most of the people I was raised with were outdoorsy, but more along the lines of "lets go take the boat out" or "Lets go back to the cabin". We joke that my mothers bad cooking is why there are no berries growing wild in the area we were raised anymore. The truth of it is close .) My brothers and I would do what people pay thousands of dollars for and call survival training. I learned to cook by taking out a ptarmigan or a salmon on the way out to my fort in the woods and cook it up out there on rocks and sticks and such untill i snagged one of moms cast iron pans.

my cousins lived 3 miles deeper down a trail and I use to run out to them, we would play for a while run back to my house then later ran back to their place and run back in time for bed. In winter my dad and I would fell, cut and drag back home about 2 cords of wood every weekend where I split and brothers and i would stack and haul in the house.

So thats a yes on the outdoorsy, love of woods and athletic. yes to decent upbringing.

Whats medium height? I am the shortest male in my family and I am stocky enough that I dont look as tall as I am from a distance I am told, but I am 6 foot. ruddy complexion, I dont think so. I also dont think so on triangle face. no moles and not sure whats meant for the eyebrows. they are not thin. and for the red hair, top of my head has red highlights but i call it brown, tho it was blond till about.... 6ish i think it was. my beard on the other hand was red, now its mostly white. Mother and brothers and few people on dads side are red heads so again im kinda the odd man out in the fam.

Horses mean bear bait to me, never realy drawn to them. my cousins had a couple horses and they were interesting, but never overly cared for them.

One of the problems of having so much Aries & Leo, is that it tends to make one arrogant & autocratic. As a youth, I’m sure you were and hot tempered. Time tends to knock the p*ss & vinegar out of people.

Im not real sure about this. Well I agree with the temper some, but I was a big kid and if I hurt someone I was told to play with kids my own size (not age, they were all smaller than me and enjoyed getting me angry cause I woud get frustrated that I couldnt strike back and they liked to make the big guy cry) So I always tried to keep it in check or go away to vent. when I got older and moved I did like to pick on bullies .)

Leo is a royal sign, the shadow side of that is that you probably feel above the herd. The throne is felt to be your natural seat. You have no problem taking command & leading.

You were born right after a New Moon, your Moon was waxing. Unfortunately, the Sun closely conjoined with the Moon is considered to harm the etheric body and your general vitality. If you have children, they are more likely to be male.

This Sun Moon conjunction is joined by Mercury in your 5th House. This is an excellent House placement for Mercury which strengthens the power of the intellect. Your Mercury, Sun, Moon conjunction is also sextile to Saturn in your 3rd House of Communications. This reinforces your mental acuity with common sense and gives you a capacity for self-discipline & hard work. You are probably brighter than average.

Saturn and your Lunar South Node are in Gemini and your 3rd House. Some Hindus consider Ketu (South Node) in Gemini to be Exalted (at it’s best). It confers the gift of spiritual interests & increases psychism.

in online games I have had alot of leader roles, real world, only somewhat.

im not sure how my etheric body is, vitality has gone down, more so than just with age, ill get to that later. one child, girl, and one on way that we dont know what it is yet.

Of course I like to think im brighter than average .)) but I dont know how true that is. I think I am very logical, love logic puzzles etc, with decent common sense.

also dont know about the increased psychism but definate spiritual interests.

Are you left-handed? Is there anything unusual about your hands? Do you have any special manual skills – mechanics or sculpture?

Mostly right, but somewhat ambidextrous. Left handed writing is messy but easier to read than my brothers main hand writing. I shoot guns right handed but bows left.

Your 6th House of Service & Health contains a Fallen Venus conjoined with and hemmed in on either side by Uranus & Pluto, all in Virgo. Venus rules your 7th House of Marriage & 2nd House of Resources and is considered Maraka of the chart.

Did you meet your wife at work? Is your wife in the health services? Does your wife have health problems?

Does your work involve radioactive material, electronics, hi-tech equipment? Scientific or investigative work? Jobs can end suddenly.

Are you suffering from any kind of illness involving the intestines such as IBS, etc? You probably have an interest in diet and unusual methods of healing.

Traditionally, this configuration (Fallen Venus in the 6th House) is associated with psychosomatic illnesses. There is also the danger of venereal diseases and fixating on a “lost love.” This Venus is also squared by Saturn. Not happy for the significations of Venus. Danger of heartbreak & divorce.

I dont have "work". Alot of fast food and pizza jobs with a little bait fishing as a kid. Most of the time I lost a job was due to parents moving, car dieing (pizza delivery at the time) and mass layoffs. then I joined the navy and got sick. so that was kind of sudden and leads into the illness. after navy had a electronic repair job till i got too sick.

When i was younger i had a cast iron stomach and could eat anything, after getting sick, not so much. my interest in unusual healing didnt come about untill i got sick and normal med couldnt do anything for me. i would be diagnosed with gulf war syndrom if i had gotten to the gulf, but i didnt so its technicaly just a very bad case of fibromyalgia. all over body failing sort of thing. and i have had navy docs tell me its all in my head, so if the chart is right, maybe they are .)) if thats whats meant by psychosomatic illnesses.

First marriage failed which gave me both heartache and divorce. oh she is in the health care field like mentioned before. current wife isnt. First wife was met at work second wife was met in an online game.

The Hindu astrologers do not use Uranus & Pluto, but these are very significant in my experience. The other planets have millennia of observation supporting them, these do not. So the meaning of Uranus & Pluto can be mysterious in terms of health, etc. Illness could come suddenly from dark causes. Nervous disorders, depression?

My illness did start showing up after the shots in boot camp, depending on what theory you go with that could be a "dark cause" yes? never been much of one for depression. well, for letting it get to me i guess. tho a couple people i know would disagree, but in my defence at the time they would say that i was newly sick, divorced, broke and alone. I thought I did well .))

I need to warn you about some potentially dangerous aspects in your chart. Your Sun, Moon, Mercury conjunction in Leo in the 5th House is closely squared by Neptune in Scorpio in the 8th House. (The Sun is exactly squared Neptune.) What this square does is create confusion. It makes you vulnerable to self-deception and deception & treachery from others. It clouds your judgment and weakens your will power. It draws you to the weird and mysterious. It also increases your sensitivity to the Unseen, your psychism.

I have fallen to decievers alot in my past. self deception? yeah prolly. who doesnt tend to think higher of themselves than they prolly should. I am drawn to the weird and mysterious. I also dont know about sensitivity to the unseen. it interests me but i wouldnt say i am sensitive to it.

Stay away from séances, communicating with the dead, Ouija boards, automatic writing, Enochian rituals, Magick that involves spirit calling – you are in danger of being influenced or even obsessed by Lower Astral entities.

Stay away from hallucinogens: '___', mescaline, peyote buttons, magic mushrooms, etc. Really dangerous for you.

never played with hallucinogens. never been overly drawn to seances etc, but a friend in highschools brother and girlfriend were big into ouija and they said that when i was over they got a "better connection" .

In combination with these challenging Neptune aspects, you have your Mars squared by Jupiter (Fallen in Capricorn in the 10th House of Careers) and only one degree from exact. These aspects feed into each other, increasing their danger. Mars squared Jupiter increases your bad judgment. It’s the aspect of the gambler, one who doesn’t know when to walk away from the table, a foolish risk-taker. It increases extravagance of all kinds, but especially financial extravagance.

The 5th House (where your Sun, Moon & Mercury are) also rules gambling & speculation (investments). This is squared by Neptune in the 8th which makes you vulnerable to scammers, con artists, get-rich-quick schemes.

Luckily, in your case, you have some good aspects that increase your common sense and self-discipline to act (hopefully) as counter-weights to these destructive forces.

You have intelligence, sensitivity, talent in some form of communication (writing?), and natural leadership ability.

As always, I believe getting in touch with God within you (meditation) is the panacea for all ills.

“There are as many paths to God as there are breaths drawn.” (Hindu saying)

SeaWind

I dont think I am much of a gambler, losing money that way makes me ill, but I have done it in the past. i do spend money a little to excess at times. i am a comfort spender.

I like to think I have intelligence, in highschool one of those cheap IQ tests gave me a 180. but those are not real accurate. I also think I am sensitive to sometimes too much. My best communication I think is usualy through writing, specialy when i can take time to compose it.

Thanks again for your work on this, and I hope that was the kind of feedback you were looking for. I found it interesting.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

You have been undergoing your Sade Sati ( a difficult Saturn cycle - about 7.5 yrs long) for a few years now. It started on May 25, 2005 and will not end until August 5, 2012. The worst of it is over.

So I have a question for you on this: which period was worse for you: the period of May 25, 2005 to July 16, 2007 or the period of July 16, 2007 to Sept 9, 2009???

I would have to say the July 16, 2007 to sept 9, 2009 without a doubt. very rare and funky medical issues involved with our daughter. born dec 31 08 almost 3 months early on top of it. before that issues with the house and finding out we were pregnant. family being the issues after the birth.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mutly

Thank you, Mutly, for the honest feedback. It does help me.

Mutly: “My brothers and I would do what people pay thousands of dollars for and call survival training. I learned to cook by taking out a ptarmigan or a salmon on the way out to my fort in the woods and cook it up out there on rocks and sticks and such untill i snagged one of moms cast iron pans.”

”my cousins lived 3 miles deeper down a trail and I use to run out to them, we would play for a while run back to my house then later ran back to their place and run back in time for bed. In winter my dad and I would fell, cut and drag back home about 2 cords of wood every weekend where I split and brothers and i would stack and haul in the house.”

”So thats a yes on the outdoorsy, love of woods and athletic. yes to decent upbringing.”

SeaWind: So at 6 ft, you’re a bit taller than average. The Aries facial description does not fit, but the red beard and red highlights do fit. It’s interesting that your mother & brothers are redheads. Of course, it can be dangerous to use these traditional astrological descriptions of physical type -- because they have to be modified for race. It sounds like you’re of North European or Nordic ancestry.

Mutly: “Horses mean bear bait to me, never realy drawn to them. my cousins had a couple horses and they were interesting, but never overly cared for them.”

SeaWind: Your Rising Degree (Ascendant) conjunct Mars are in the lunar mansion of Ashwini. The symbol is the male horse (stallion). Of course, horses were very important in the ancient Aryan culture. Some famous horse-lovers have been born under Ashwini.

It’s interesting that you have a daughter instead of a son. Leo is a masculine sign (rules your 5th House) and the male Sun usually overpowers the female Moon, especially in it’s own sign (the Sun rules Leo). Mercury there is considered androgynous – could go either way.

Mutly: “Well I agree with the temper some, but I was a big kid and if I hurt someone I was told to play with kids my own size (not age, they were all smaller than me and enjoyed getting me angry cause I woud get frustrated that I couldnt strike back and they liked to make the big guy cry) So I always tried to keep it in check or go away to vent. when I got older and moved I did like to pick on bullies .)”

SeaWind: This shows admirable self-control. That you liked to pick on bullies, actually fits courageous Aries & Leo at their best: defender of the weak.

Mutly: “I think I am very logical, love logic puzzles etc, with decent common sense.”

SeaWind: Good aspects to Saturn in the 3rd House.

Mutly: “after navy had a electronic repair job till i got too sick.”

SeaWind: Electronic repair job = Uranus in 6th House.

Mutly: “… oh she is in the health care field like mentioned before. current wife isnt. First wife was met at work second wife was met in an online game.”

SeaWind: Very interesting that your first wife was in the health care field and that you met her at work – that’ s on target with a Virgo Venus in the 6th House. Meeting your wife in an online game is very 5th House (Fun & Recreation).

Mutley: “First marriage failed which gave me both heartache and divorce.”

SeaWind: This is typical of a Fallen Venus (ruler of 7th House of Marriage) afflicted by a square from Saturn.

Mutly: “When i was younger i had a cast iron stomach and could eat anything, after getting sick, not so much.”

SeaWind: Your Virgo 6th House rules the intestines & assimilation of food.

Mutly: “…my interest in unusual healing didnt come about untill i got sick and normal med couldnt do anything for me. i would be diagnosed with gulf war syndrom if i had gotten to the gulf, but i didnt so its technicaly just a very bad case of fibromyalgia. all over body failing sort of thing. and i have had navy docs tell me its all in my head, so if the chart is right, maybe they are .)) if thats whats meant by psychosomatic illnesses.”

SeaWind: You have a stongly marked 6th House (3 planets lodged there), plus you have at least four inconjunct aspects. Inconjuncts (150 degrees) because of their 6th House connotations are considered aspects about health issues. I am sorry to hear that you are suffering from serious illness.

Mutly: “I have fallen to deceivers alot in my past…. I am drawn to the weird and mysterious. I also dont know about sensitivity to the unseen. it interests me but i wouldnt say i am sensitive to it…. never played with hallucinogens. never been overly drawn to seances etc, but a friend in highschools brother and girlfriend were big into ouija and they said that when i was over they got a ‘better connection’ …. I dont think I am much of a gambler, losing money that way makes me ill, but I have done it in the past. i do spend money a little to excess at times. i am a comfort spender.”

SeaWind: I am relieved to hear that the worst facets of the Neptune squares and the Mars square Jupiter did NOT come out in your life.

I hope you continue to develop your writing skills, they might result in some extra money for you. Your 11th House also deals with alternate sources of income (among other things). Your 11th House is in Aquarius ruled by both Saturn & Uranus. Your Gemini Saturn is in your 3rd House of Communications, well-aspected by your Sun, Moon, Mercury conjunction in your 5th House of Creativity.

I forgot to add, that Capricorn is the sign on your 10th House of Careers. Capricorn is ruled by Saturn, emphasizing the 3rd House Gemini Saturn. Your 10th House contains a Fallen Jupiter in Capricorn. What you've offered explains how this Fallen Jupiter is showing its effect on your "career" in illness & the resultant lack of career opportunities.

Good luck to you! And thank you again for answering my questions.

SeaWind

edit on 29-1-2011 by SeaWind because: added postscript

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutly

I would have to say the July 16, 2007 to sept 9, 2009 without a doubt. very rare and funky medical issues involved with our daughter. born dec 31 08 almost 3 months early on top of it. before that issues with the house and finding out we were pregnant. family being the issues after the birth.

Thank you, Mutly. That means the worst for you was when Saturn was transiting the same Sidereal Leo that contains your Sun, Moon, Mercury conjunction. This varies from person to person, that's why I asked.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

Hi, I'm new here and this is my 1st post!

Seawind, I admire the way Vedic Astrology is applied, but It doesn't work for me...
I belive we are to see patterns that are meaningful to us so we can relate and make use of them.
When a Vedic reading is done to me, the cultural point of view doesn't match the world I live in...
Comments like: A woman with this aspect, not good to marry! She's lustful, intense, jealous, marital problems! lol I can't recall the aspects now...
Tropical desciption: Very intense, passionate but not purely sexual. Needs emotional ground to relate on a deep level. On a relationship she gives all and expects all in return, definitely not for the week types.
Just an example...

The feminine and masculine stereotypes, What society expects to be a good wife, husband, worker,etc...
Astrology has to be presented in a non-judgemental fashion. We came to a world where everything happens and that good or bad is just a matter of where you live and what you belive in!
There's a type of woman for a specific man...Cancer stereotype won't fulfil all men.
I think that's why maybe Tropical works in the west and Vedic in the east!
I just wish there was a communion between both and then we'd all benefit greatly!

I'm not saying this is the way you do Astrology, forgive me if I gave that impression!
I'm just stating what put me off in several vedic reports I've read.
Besides, the Signs/Houses don't match with me, I'd really love to have Venus in Pisces coz it's exalted(I' have in vedic), but I'm totally Venus in Aries! OMG! The Vedic description just killed me
It would lead me to disbelive Astrology if I wouldn't no better...

The Chart above, which I only looked for a few min. seems to describe "Golf66" very well.
From the top of my head:

Ascendant in Aries- A known warrior /Descendant Libra- fights for human rights, justice.

Mars the chart ruler in Gemini in the 3rd House- Great strategic mind, active communicator,constant thirst for knowledge,travel, quarrelsome, fights for an idea etc..

Mercury ruler of Gemini in the 5H Leo- Noble mind in a nobel heart, wishes public reward, playful and joker. He aims to be in command.Fun is a mental game. Natural leader.

MC in Capricorn- a path of rigid standards and ascending slowly to the top of the ladder, but in a stable and durable way. Follows orders strictely. Cold blooded under stress. focused.

Saturn, Mc ruler in the 12H in the critical degree of Pisces(29)-Karmic debt, Enemies which are elusive, deciptful with harsh points of view, applying cruelty under shadowy reasons. Blind faith.

The karmic lesson is probably having to fight his enemies by their same principals and same blind faith in order to win over them which reminds a bitter joke" we are not so different from the enemy, just fight for different ideals":

No sacrifice is too great if justifies a great ideal!
Putting himself through hell to make it happen. A virtual masochism of submission to programs, trials, and cycles. Trancing out on discipline and constraint, yet he's ultimately inspired and infused with a marvelous and even a spectacular self-witnessing capacity and self-reinventing skill that does work if he stays with it forever, and refuse to hear of anything less, no matter how crazy it momentarily seems.

Then, the Moon nodes ( Rahu/Raku in Vedic?)

South Node in Scorpio in the 8H- [What he should leave behind]This man knows very deeply what is destruction and death. It's inborn. He's been there! He's been in hell and knows it's weapons (Uranus in this house?)
Adding the sabian symbol for this degree who speeks for it:

SCORPIO 25
A doctor experimenting on himself with new drugs.
The analytical disposition carried to its furthest extreme. Life itself is barely valued. Individual survival is no issue. What counts is the truth, but sometimes it is a strange truth. A little bit too skeletal and stark and surreal to be a basis for ongoing life. In touch with dark truths, and at times abandoned to the power of death currents of a negative kind. Magnetically attracted to decadent thinking and distorted worlds. Supercharged with an almost random desire to find out what is in there. Clinical, quasi-objective, and piercing. You feel a great need to wake up out of the trance of fate and of darkness to learn to feel again, to have things matter, to have life prevail, and to return to yourself as a sentient being who deserves to be here free and clear.

North Node in Taurus in the 2H- [Where he should go]. Connection with nature, growth of animals and plants, value of life, pleasure of wordly things after knowing misery and death. .
Biggest lesson, to learn the value of life and find what's worth to him.

I belive Golf66 is following his destiny , He just made it there!

Adding Sabyan degree for South Node:

TAURUS 25
Bees returning to their hive.
Thematic worlds coming round again just as before, just like always. The highest and the best, maintained and sustained beautifully, impeccably, superlatively. Knowing inside that what counts, what is essential, is to abide, to be. You are a vast world unto yourself, an extraordinary network of intersecting dynamics. But the witness consciousness is blissfully sitting back in a restful perch, letting everything go by. And in the very center of this dispassion and wakeful scrutinizing, one indwells a Buddha realization attained by hard work in many lives and now being your innermost identity in an identityless way.

I love this Sabyan degrees...I didn't put the ASc/Dsc degrees but I read them and the insight gained is awesome!
Spot on...

So I don't know how much changes when interpreting with a Sideral view, Ascendant Pisces? The Nodes?

Kind regards! X

edit on 30-1-2011 by Filly because: spelling mistake

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Hey Seawind, I'd love a reading as well. Dont mind the waiting for a free service

October 29 1988
Around 7am
1° 31' 50.63" N
110° 20' 39" E

Thanks in advanced!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Filly
reply to post by SeaWind

Hi, I'm new here and this is my 1st post!

Seawind, I admire the way Vedic Astrology is applied, but It doesn't work for me...
I belive we are to see patterns that are meaningful to us so we can relate and make use of them.
When a Vedic reading is done to me, the cultural point of view doesn't match the world I live in...
Comments like: A woman with this aspect, not good to marry! She's lustful, intense, jealous, marital problems! lol I can't recall the aspects now...
Tropical desciption: Very intense, passionate but not purely sexual. Needs emotional ground to relate on a deep level. On a relationship she gives all and expects all in return, definitely not for the week types.
Just an example...

SeaWind: It's true that the way Vedic Astrology states things is rather blunt and, of course, it's couched in a different culture. The modern Western way is more diplomatic.

The feminine and masculine stereotypes, What society expects to be a good wife, husband, worker,etc...
Astrology has to be presented in a non-judgemental fashion. We came to a world where everything happens and that good or bad is just a matter of where you live and what you belive in!
There's a type of woman for a specific man...Cancer stereotype won't fulfil all men.
I think that's why maybe Tropical works in the west and Vedic in the east!
I just wish there was a communion between both and then we'd all benefit greatly!

SeaWind: Of course, I'm a Siderealist so I'm not going to agree with your "I think that's why maybe Tropical works in the west and Vedic in the east!" I use the Sidereal Zodiac because I think it's more accurate -- ANYWHERE. Western astrologers are very resistant to it, because it means they would have to re-evaluate their astrological assumptions and change a system that they're heavily invested in. Especially if they use Astrology to make money. Most people hate change.

I'm not saying this is the way you do Astrology, forgive me if I gave that impression!
I'm just stating what put me off in several vedic reports I've read.
Besides, the Signs/Houses don't match with me, I'd really love to have Venus in Pisces coz it's exalted(I' have in vedic), but I'm totally Venus in Aries! OMG! The Vedic description just killed me
It would lead me to disbelive Astrology if I wouldn't no better...

SeaWind: You are free to believe anything you want.

The Chart above, which I only looked for a few min. seems to describe "Golf66" very well.
From the top of my head:

SeaWind: You looked at the Tropical chart Golf 66 posted and used the House system shown.

MC in Capricorn- a path of rigid standards and ascending slowly to the top of the ladder, but in a stable and durable way. Follows orders strictely. Cold blooded under stress. focused.

Saturn, Mc ruler in the 12H in the critical degree of Pisces(29)-Karmic debt, Enemies which are elusive, deciptful with harsh points of view, applying cruelty under shadowy reasons. Blind faith.

SeaWind: Under "Whole Sign" Houses, Saturn would still remain in the 1st House, it would not have moved to the 12th House, only the zodiacal signs would have changed.

Adding the sabian symbol for this degree who speeks for it:
SCORPIO 25
A doctor experimenting on himself with new drugs.
The analytical disposition carried to its furthest extreme. Life itself is barely valued. Individual survival is no issue. What counts is the truth, but sometimes it is a strange truth. A little bit too skeletal and stark and surreal to be a basis for ongoing life. In touch with dark truths, and at times abandoned to the power of death currents of a negative kind. Magnetically attracted to decadent thinking and distorted worlds. Supercharged with an almost random desire to find out what is in there. Clinical, quasi-objective, and piercing. You feel a great need to wake up out of the trance of fate and of darkness to learn to feel again, to have things matter, to have life prevail, and to return to yourself as a sentient being who deserves to be here free and clear...

Adding Sabyan degree for South Node:

TAURUS 25
Bees returning to their hive.
Thematic worlds coming round again just as before, just like always. The highest and the best, maintained and sustained beautifully, impeccably, superlatively. Knowing inside that what counts, what is essential, is to abide, to be. You are a vast world unto yourself, an extraordinary network of intersecting dynamics. But the witness consciousness is blissfully sitting back in a restful perch, letting everything go by. And in the very center of this dispassion and wakeful scrutinizing, one indwells a Buddha realization attained by hard work in many lives and now being your innermost identity in an identityless way.

I love this Sabyan degrees...I didn't put the ASc/Dsc degrees but I read them and the insight gained is awesome!
Spot on...

SeaWind: The meaning of the Sabian degrees you post here, do NOT match mine. I know my source of the Sabian degrees is the original: "The Sabian Symbols in Astrology" by Marc Edmund Jones (1953).

What my book is showing for Scorpio 25 is "An X-ray -- This is a symbol of man's organic integrity, or of the unvarying structures of nature on which all intelligence depends..." (I don't have the time to time it all out.)

For Taurus 25, it reads: "A large well-kept park -- This is a symbol of the everyday integrity of society at large, and of the community divisions of labor..."

If you find your Sabian degrees "awesome" -- then by all means, continue to use them. I find it difficult to have much faith in the meaning of Sabian degrees.

Way back in the 1920's, Marc Edmund Jones attempted to help his crippled friend, Elsie Wheeler, create something that would make her life meaningful. Wheeler was supposedly psychic, she meditated on the zodiacal degree signs and came up with these "meanings" -- hence the birth of the Sabian degrees.

I don't have any faith in the usefulness of the Sabian degrees. Which Sabian book are you using?

So I don't know how much changes when interpreting with a Sideral view, Ascendant Pisces? The Nodes?

SeaWind: Golf66's Lunar Nodes on the Sidereal Zodiac remain in the same signs as in the Tropical, the degree changes. Since the Tropical chart Golf66 posted probably used the Placidus house system, you're looking at the North Node in the 2nd House:

Your "South Node in Scorpio in the 8H-" and "North Node in Taurus in the 2H-"

Since I use "Whole Sign" houses, his South Node is in the 9th House and his North Node is in the 3rd House.

Of course, if you want to tout the effectiveness of the Tropical Zodiac, you could start your own thread with that in mind. I'm sure there are lots of people who would want you to do their charts for them.

SeaWind

edit on 30-1-2011 by SeaWind because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2011 by SeaWind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by weeuweed
Hey Seawind, I'd love a reading as well. Dont mind the waiting for a free service

October 29 1988
Around 7am
1° 31' 50.63" N
110° 20' 39" E

Thanks in advanced!

Hi Weeuweed, you'll have to wait weeks. Maybe Filly will do your chart using the Tropical Zodiac if you ask her.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

Hi again Seewind!

Thanks for your reply.
The degrees I'm using are "inside degrees" from Ellias Londsale- Here is the link where you can find the degrees and more information on the author:

spoogle.us...

What do you mean with original degrees? You mean the first ones that showed up? Other authors may have psychic abilities as well. I've checked them all but these ones seem to speek louder to my soul. That is the point isn't it?

I agree when you say that people are resistant to change, but from your reply I found out that works both ways!
Western Astrology has had great changes and continues to. By using different charts compared against in order to go deep in all areas of life/death/karma/dahrma, depth and understanding of the human psych They've been introducing and experimenting other objects in the charts, working to find meanings and paterns. The evolution continues...
While the Vedic Astrology has been the same since the begining! I reckon you don't even consider Pluto, Uranus, Neptune... Uranus is very important in my chart with only squares and oppositions!! It's right on the face! lol

If some time soon we are to have a new moon on our solar system, like some astronomers are forcasting to happen (and they mean soon as in within the period of a million years) how would you interpret 2 moons in your system? Would you stick with the old or FORCED to change?
The Tropical users and the Sideral users are in disagreement over what system should be used. Astronomers disbelive both predictive practices though they use the Tropical system in order to locate the objects...

I don't want to jeopardize your thread nor anything, but one thing made me reply. When I started reading and saw you faced with a "non beliver", I could understand why he didn't indentified himself with your interpretation. It happen to me too...(well not with yours but with several others)
And coz he's a skeptic, you rather belive that he's refusing to accept what you told him...People have no need to lie to you Seewind!

I used Golf66 chart to highlight what he had told us and to show you where I've seen it. Honestly,wasn't too far off at all was it?

I love astrology, and it's just a hobby for me. I'm just starting to grasp a little. No need to be angry with me coz I'm no one really! No need to recommend me to read charts either when people want you...

But as a researcher, are you being strict with Astrological rules and systems or accepting what people really are?

On a different thread someone was asking about what charts to use, and I'll paste here what I replied:

quote:Originally posted by hmm:

Charts Charts Charts

there's so many of them
you have the
natal, synastry, transit, progression (those i'm familiar with)

but then you have
harmonic charts
persona charts
draconic charts
biorythmic charts
(just to name a few)

and just incase that wasn't confusing enough they've added different house systems...

what the hell do they all mean.

other than the standard ones
Which Ones Do YOU Use and when/why?

ME:
I'd recommend you to deal with and search for each chart individually, there's a lot of information available on each. Then you'd process the information on a deeper level, having a better grasp in order to take the conclusions yourself.

Which Ones Do YOU Use and when/why?

I'm still studding and trying to find patterns on every of them that are MEANINGFUL to ME...

There are many ways to catch a fish and the different charts are a tool to catch the fish you want...

Like knowing what's your abilities, how you use them or not, Karmic ties, what's going on at the moment , predictive, past lives,spiritual awearness,purpose for links with other people, etc...

You can as well compare the aspects in between different charts, for example:

What's behind the apparent reason that leads you to catch fish for a different end than eating it? For sport? What drives you?
A hidden Mars conjunct your natal Neptune? Just an example...(Draconic)

You'll have to mix and match and see what you come up with. But one needs to have a good understanding in reading a natal chart, know planets/houses/aspects meanings before moving on and extend it to other levels.

Let your thirst for knowledge guide you and you'll eventually find the answers you are looking for at due time.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I did not recommend any house system whatsoever...Instead, find your own!
Charts work for some and not for others. That's the reason why Astrology is not a science and there's no Standard Operating Procedures that the whole world Astrologers must abye to!

Therefore, a good Astrologer is the one that finds the right chart for the right person...not turning the person into something she is not and making her fit into the system he belives.

I'd like to know how you'd interpret the 3H/9H Lunar Nodes in GOLF66 chart, having already the support of his life story which makes it all easier, of course!

I'd love to have a look at your chart by the way!

Peace&Love

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

reply to post by SeaWind

When I started reading and saw you faced with a "non beliver", I could understand why he didn't indentified himself with your interpretation. It happen to me too...(well not with yours but with several others)
And coz he's a skeptic, you rather belive that he's refusing to accept what you told him...People have no need to lie to you Seewind!

SeaWind: What "interpretation" are you talking about? Use the Username. If you are talking about the people who made the mistake of using the Alabe.com link provided by Human_Alien (on page 1, 3rd post) that only does Tropical Zodiac charts and gives a canned computer-generated reading?

The degrees I'm using are "inside degrees" from Ellias Londsale- Here is the link where you can find the degrees and more information on the author ... What do you mean with original degrees?

SeaWind: The "inside degrees" created by Ellias Londsale in the 1990's with the help of communications from his dead wife? Supposedly based on the Sabian Symbols divined by "psychic" Elsie Wheeler back in the 1920's. Those were the original "Sabian Degrees" -- I do NOT put any stock in them.

I agree when you say that people are resistant to change, but from your reply I found out that works both ways!

SeaWind: I started out in Western Astrology using the Tropical Zodiac. But that's pretty much what the Western Astrologers use because almost all the books are based on the Tropical. Sidereal Astrologers are gaining ground in the West -- because of an increasing East Indian population and because it is more USEFUL. I was blown away by how much more accurate Sidereal is -- hence this thread.

Here are some words on Astrology from a psychic I actually respect, Edgar Cayce:

Reading 2011-3: "If the entitiy would study Astrology, do NOT put the signs in the Egyptian* calendar but in the Persian, for the Persian interpretations are more proficient than the Egyptian....but the VARIATIONS IN TIME HAVE BEEN CORRECTED BY THE PERSIANS and NOT by the Egyptians. The Egyptian calculations are THIRTY DEGREES OFF [ONE SIGN]."

*Egyptian calendar = Graeco-Egyptian Zodiacal calendar (Ptolemy) = Tropical Zodiac

Of course, this bit of Cayce wisdom has been assiduously IGNORED by the majority of Western astrologers for that last 80+ years because it's NOT what they want to hear.

Western Astrology has had great changes and continues to. By using different charts compared against in order to go deep in all areas of life/death/karma/dahrma, depth and understanding of the human psych They've been introducing and experimenting other objects in the charts, working to find meanings and paterns. The evolution continues...

SeaWind: No argument. Much experimenting in Western Astrology that's good. -- But this also produces some highly questionable astrological "tools," i.e. "Sabian Degrees."

While the Vedic Astrology has been the same since the begining! I reckon you don't even consider Pluto, Uranus, Neptune...

SeaWind: You must have missed my post on this. I explain that Uranus, Neptune, Pluto are NOT used in traditional Hindu Astrology, however I use them -- even though observation on their effects are very limited, as compared with the millennia of observation of the other closer planets.

The Tropical users and the Sideral users are in disagreement over what system should be used. Astronomers disbelive both predictive practices though they use the Tropical system in order to locate the objects...

SeaWind: I tried to get this point across to people here who try to use the IAU (International Astronomical Union) 13 sign zodiac or constellations for divinatory purposes. In 1930, the IAU made the decision to use the 1875 northern Vernal Equinox as the starting point of their constellations. (That's like picking a starting point out of a hat.) There is an IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE though with the Tropical Zodiac, the IAU adjusts their constellation positions for Precession. The Tropical Zodiac has NEVER been adjusted for Precession -- which is it's problem.

I did not recommend any house system whatsoever...Instead, find your own!
Charts work for some and not for others. That's the reason why Astrology is not a science and there's no Standard Operating Procedures that the whole world Astrologers must abye to!

Therefore, a good Astrologer is the one that finds the right chart for the right person...not turning the person into something she is not and making her fit into the system he belives.

SeaWind: You are free to do Astrology anyway you want. Pamela Crane wrote her book "Draconic Astrology" based on what Edgar Cayce said -- that the Tropical Zodiac is one sign off. She expanded on what other astrologers had explored before her and promoted the "Draconic Zodiac." It's interesting.

I don't want to jeopardize your thread nor anything...

SeaWind: But that's exactly what you're here for. I expected to hear protests from Tropical astrologers sooner or later.

If someone wants to identify with their Tropical Sun Sign of Aries, because they don't like their Sidereal Sun Sign of Pisces, they are free to do so.

edit on 30-1-2011 by SeaWind because: added postscript

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hi!

The two systems are calculated in a different way, that doesn't mean that one or another doesn't work !
I've read several opinions and the conclusion that I got from the majority is that the Tropical chart is more accurate describing personalities and delving deeper into the human psyche. It's something that fascinates me! The fact that I can relate Psychology with Astrology. It's a good exercise for the mind to be able to understand the complexity of the human mind and how it relates to the outside world. What's the cause/consequence, Body, Mind and Spirit.

Speaking of the Sideral Chart, it's said and I belive that it's very accurate (more than the Tropical) in predicting the life events of an individual. Which is what most people are interested nowadays, a tool to know the future or even someone's pass. Health, children, marriage, etc...

Personaly, I've never been so interested in predicting anything special, maybe because I've never had such a major problem in life so far that I could not resolve by my own means. And besides playing with my Tarot cards relating to a love fling
which never happens LOL I rather live my events as they are to unfold, with bitter and suprising edges, in order to learn my lessons.

So the better insight I have about me/others through Meditation, Astrology, Psychology, Mythology and so on the more efficient will be to find my goals, accept mine and others weeknesses, heal my wounds and most of all to be able to help others around me.

As I born in the Western world the spiritual side of me was undermined over a Capitalistic vision.
The Asian/Estearn side has this qualities inborn, and culturally in practice there's no need to dwell so on spiritualism /psychology coz this has been mastered already. Then it's like you say, you are concerned with the practical side of life in order to sustain the spiritual world. Practical Astrology for practical things to improve and easy your experience through out this Life and of the ones you love. If I'm wrong correct me...

As you said you've studied both systems in full, I haven't...
Maybe you are right and a computed readings are crap(most for sure). By all means my Sun is not Aries, I'm all but seff-centered in between other things. My mercury? I wished it could be more brained and quick as the Aries one.
I'm really a slow Taurean thinker, stubborn to the edge as you may acknowledge LoL
Nothing to do with liking my sign or not, we must accept who we are and no one better to identify ourselves then us,our parents, close friends...I never liked to be a Taurus anyway, I'd rather like to be Aquarius or Gemini.^^
What I cannot accept is some description that is supposed to be me. I'd rage with the fury of a Bull if someone told me otherwise...
Just joking! Some vedic descriptions are not too far off. I have a very good friend in Dehli and his aunty gave me an over all, very short though. Somethings fit like a glove others totally wrong.
Never tell no one that if they have Venus conjunct Mars in the 6 or was 12? House of Pisces( by Vedic) that they are very ill people or that their father has a very affected illness.
My dad has 84 years old and is the most healthy person I know...never seen a doctor! Still works and climbs the fig tree quicker than me. Full of youth and stamina. And of course I have his every genes!

Things like this make you wonder...

I think that as a researcher you may be interested in peoples opinions, in the facts of peoples lives and their experiences with different chart systems.
After all, a chart it's just a map, and as with all maps we can still get lost...As any map, shows different ways to follow in order to reach the same destiny and others that we must go back in order to move forward coz the usual road is blocked....
Other times we must choose another map coz that one is limmited and doesn't cover all areas when we are to move to another Zone.
There are many charts that are accurate for different matters, look at the 9th harmonic and it's correlation to the marriage partner...isn't it calculated differently??
Why we must choose one and only one? And not make the most of WHAT IS AVAILABLE TO US?

If my intervension sounded like criticism, take it as a constructive one...
For all I know a little challenge never hurt that much even if you'd be better off without it!

I'm no Astrologer, I don't think anyone here will pay any hide to me.
Besides, you studied a lot and are pretty confident in yourself and your abilities,

All I came here to tell you is, that during your experimental readings in order to do your research if someone tells you that they are not Really the way the chart say they are. It's because there's a real reason appart for their likes or dislikes about themselves.
Be open minded and encourage the people to say the truth coz I belive many would feel rude to tell you otherwise.
YOU ARE, YOU ARE, YOU ARE A PISCES! You want to be an Aries because you don't like Pisces! And refuse to change...;(
The difference between both are ENORMOUS in personality, there's NO place for mistake...
This is no way to do research in my opinion, this is exactly one training himself under the rules it's system applies.
Plus everyone that doens't agree is faced with the option to belive what they want, no matter the facts...Astrology is not a religion!

Many people already accepted that in chinese Astro they are Dragon, Egypsian are Horus, Tropial are Aries, Sideral are Pisces, Mayan are whatever!

The problem is Sideral and Tropical have the same bases but could have well have different animals thrown in the zodiac with slight different meanings like the other types of Astrology have you imagined? They are even joining Chinese sign traits with Western sign traits and they are very different to say at the least!
What's about the Sideral and Tropical war then? Can't they be treated for what they are? Different!
Can't we use Tropical to describe and Sideral to predict?

The way I view roughly their differences is:

I have a house on a field and over the years changes happen above, the stars moved and slowly pass me by while other stars unseen before my window become visibale now. But my house is still on the same place! I acknowledge that nothing appart from my house and ground (Earth) remains forever the same...This new star lights left their original home and ceased shining uppon someone elses home and came to shine uppon my own.(Tropical)

My neighbour lives on a Caravan, he gazes the stars like me... But being different in nature, he moves his own house to follow the stars he've always known... so that him and the stars always feel at home. (Sideral)

After this opinions debate, I'll leave Astrology aside for a while and will start reading tree leafs...

All the best to you Seewind!
xx

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

what's up, I can wait for what your willing. After all it would be rude for a beggar to be picky lol. I just find this stuff interesting from a laymans perspective.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

edit on 1-2-2011 by Filly because: mistake

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

If my intervension sounded like criticism, take it as a constructive one...

SeaWind: It's interesting that you felt I needed an intervention. lol

All I came here to tell you is, that during your experimental readings in order to do your research if someone tells you that they are not Really the way the chart say they are. It's because there's a real reason appart for their likes or dislikes about themselves. Be open minded and encourage the people to say the truth coz I belive many would feel rude to tell you otherwise.

YOU ARE, YOU ARE, YOU ARE A PISCES! You want to be an Aries because you don't like Pisces! And refuse to change...

SeaWind: And as I asked before, name one instance where I have done this -- what you accuse me of. Use a Username. I have given only four readings online on this thread: Golf66, new_here, drakos, and mutly.

People who have complained on this thread about their readings either made the mistake of using the Alabe.com link -- which does a Tropical chart and computerized reading OR had a reading done elsewhere.

What I wrote was, "If someone wants to identify with their Tropical Sun Sign of Aries, because they don't like their Sidereal Sun Sign of Pisces, they are free to do so." How you managed to TWIST this into what you wrote, is amazing.

There are many charts that are accurate for different matters, look at the 9th harmonic and it's correlation to the marriage partner...isn't it calculated differently??

SeaWind: It's interesting that you would bring up harmonic charts. Harmonic charts are based on the Hindu or Vedic system of divisional charts -- adapted by Western astrologers.What the Western astrologer calls the 9th Harmonic chart is called the Navamsha in Vedic.

However, it does not solve the problem of using the wrong (Tropical) chart as a foundation. Yes, harmonic charts are calculated differently -- but rely on a correct Radix or Natal chart to begin with -- but this is not penetrating.

Many people already accepted that in chinese Astro they are Dragon, Egypsian are Horus, Tropial are Aries, Sideral are Pisces, Mayan are whatever!

SeaWind: Chinese Astrology and Mayan Astrology are completely different forms of Astrology based on different cycles and methods. That you would confuse this with the difference between using the Sidereal & Tropical Zodiacs, means you never understood the OPs of this thread to begin with.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join