It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your True Star Signs: What You Should Know

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
reply to post by SeaWind

what's up, I can wait for what your willing. After all it would be rude for a beggar to be picky lol. I just find this stuff interesting from a laymans perspective.

Korathin, Sorry for the delay. If you want just your 3 most important Sidereal star signs, that's not a problem:

Your Ascendant or Rising Sign is 7 degrees Scorpio 25 minutes. (Fixed Water)
Your Moon is at almost 1 degree Gemini. (Mutable Air)
Your Sun is 18 degrees Virgo 40 minutes. (Mutable Earth)

This is based on the Sidereal Zodiac using the Lahiri Ayanamsha.

If you want a reading -- I have to deal with real world issues this week. I'm not doing any readings online this week. Just don't have the time right now. I will U2U you when I have time to look at it.

SeaWind

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I have the Scorpio symbol tattoo and the only people to ever notice it are other Scorpios. That was until the "new" zodiac change. Everyone asks, "Aren't you mad they changed the zodiac?" And I

Anyway, I see all of this about astrology (the olde science I like to think of it as) and personality. But what I have yet to read is astrology star-mapping and ancient sea-maps. Wasn't astrology also used to sail around the world? Before Greenwich Mean time there was, the Great Pyramid, right?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWind

Originally posted by korathin
reply to post by SeaWind

what's up, I can wait for what your willing. After all it would be rude for a beggar to be picky lol. I just find this stuff interesting from a laymans perspective.

Korathin, Sorry for the delay. If you want just your 3 most important Sidereal star signs, that's not a problem:

Your Ascendant or Rising Sign is 7 degrees Scorpio 25 minutes. (Fixed Water)
Your Moon is at almost 1 degree Gemini. (Mutable Air)
Your Sun is 18 degrees Virgo 40 minutes. (Mutable Earth)

This is based on the Sidereal Zodiac using the Lahiri Ayanamsha.

If you want a reading -- I have to deal with real world issues this week. I'm not doing any readings online this week. Just don't have the time right now. I will U2U you when I have time to look at it.

SeaWind

Cool ty. Hope everything works out for you, just remember to take your time and breathe when you can. Because even if you get everything squared away, people still need to relax and rest.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
I have the Scorpio symbol tattoo and the only people to ever notice it are other Scorpios. That was until the "new" zodiac change. Everyone asks, "Aren't you mad they changed the zodiac?" And I

Anyway, I see all of this about astrology (the olde science I like to think of it as) and personality. But what I have yet to read is astrology star-mapping and ancient sea-maps. Wasn't astrology also used to sail around the world? Before Greenwich Mean time there was, the Great Pyramid, right?

I think the ancients mainly used the star Polaris(I think, could be a different star) and the constellations for navigation purposes at night, and the sun during the day.

But the people using the stars for navigation and the people using the stars for Astrology hardly met and more rare was one who was both.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

Seewind, first of all I need to apologise for my mistake. Actually I went back now and read it over and I thought that the site Alabo.com was a sideral chart generator with reports and that people where complaining about. For the thread was about Sideral to begin with...

Then followed by comments like this:

d on 15-1-2011 @ 07:18 PM this post

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by SeaWind

It's actually in my profile on ATS. My birth date is the 23rd December 1988, I was born at Latitude: 35° 53' 41 N, Longitude: 14° 29' 42 E. The charts are silly and more than suspiciously vague, so I doubt you'll gain anything of any value.

Madnessinmysoul, It will take me a few minutes to glance at your chart. Of course, you already set NOT to agree with me.

SeaWind

The bit of: "already set NOT to agree with me"- Sounded like if someone says something totally true and the other won't give in for spite.

Then when I decided to give my quick input about Golf66 chart and add the comment that I don't identify myself so much with Sideral, I actually thought this was an Astrology Forum! Where stuff is open for discussion...
That's why later on, when I realised this I mentioned that my intention wasn't to jeopardise YOUR thread.

I'd probably leave it at that, say sorry and bye. But when you mentioned the liking or not liking one Tropical Sign over the Sideral other the conversation took it's own course...
I just went over and over to explain that that wasn't the reason LOL!
All signs have bad traits after all and the first 'talks' that I've read over here sugested people with same point of view as me.

Sorted?

Ok, next>>> I mentioned the 9th Harmonic coz I know what represents for the Vedic Astrology, so to mention another type of chart. I know it can be drawn as Tropical as well as Sideral, I know it's the noviles aspect displayed as conjuctions in a wheel chart and not only can be related to marriage but to the soul purpose that embodies the number 9.

I know the difference between both chart systems and know as well the fact that neither of them embody the real skies above..Should both rectify that matter, years of work and research would be lost,
Out with Aries, in with Orphicus (how you spell that?
) and maybe Cetus..Umm one could.try to get percentages of the size of the constelations to fit them in the wheel or triangle [whatever] symetrical or not, no need for real delineations of area limmit then..Do it real! Let's revolutionize for the sake of future generations!

Impossible uh? My mind is too open...

Anyway, I mentioned the different types of Astrology in terms of personality atributes, how they can separate and mingle together. And doesn't matter if they are calculated through stars, seasonal, planetary, cyclic, etc.. even if they are slightly different, they are DIFFERENT and entitled to their own realm!

Anyway, I'm going to find a way of putting both charts working together and not as one being a bad version of the other.
If I'm able to TWIST things as good as you meant, I might stand a chance!

I'd like to ask you , as the Hindu Astrology is more skilled in using/reading the stars what would mean to have the star Spica conjunct the Ascendant and True node? This is a hard one for me to figure...

And do you calculate the stars through the Paran method or Alignment?

Oh Lord, looking back I'm all over the place...hopefully you will make some sense out of it! LOL

Ps: About the criticism bit, well it wasn't very constructive...
But for the reasons I mentioned above on the apologise section, I thought it was a good excuse to have a go at you! LOL I'm glad you found it funny

edit on 2-2-2011 by Filly because: '

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST

Hi AMANNAMEDQUEST, no one changed the zodiac. The International Astronomical Union (IAU) constellations or 13 sign zodiac was never meant to replace the zodiacs used for Astrology. Astronomers are not concerned with reading divinatory meaning into the sky map.

If you were to look at the astrological star map thru the 12 sign zodiacal grid, you would see that Scorpio and Ophiuchus lay parallel with each other. Scorpio has always included the meaning of Ophiuchus -- that's why the Serpent has always been one of the animal symbols for Scorpio, along with the Scorpion, Eagle, and Phoenix.

You are still a Scorpio on the Tropical Zodiac. But if you want to use the Sidereal Zodiac, you might not be a Scorpio.

You aren't wrong: Astrology is the mother of Astronomy. And not that many centuries ago, Astronomy existed for the sake of Astrology and navigation. Astrologers have always used the most accurate astronomical data they had access to, to do their charts. Navigating by the stars was a must for seafarers of old.

Remember the "Antikythera," the mechanical computer recovered in about 1900-01 from the ancient ship wreck off the coast of Greece? It's dated at about 150 -100 BCE. This computer was designed not only to give exact astronomical info, but used the 12 signs of the Greek Zodiac. In other words, an Astrologer could use it's calculations to do someone's Natal chart. But Astrology was not despised back then.

There is no doubt that the Great Pyramid was used for astronomical purposes. Look at Robert Bauval's work.

SeaWind
edit on 2-2-2011 by SeaWind because: add postscript

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Filly
reply to post by SeaWind

Seewind, first of all I need to apologise for my mistake. Actually I went back now and read it over and I thought that the site Alabo.com was a sideral chart generator with reports and that people where complaining about. For the thread was about Sideral to begin with...

SeaWind: Apology accepted.

I'd like to ask you , as the Hindu Astrology is more skilled in using/reading the stars what would mean to have the star Spica conjunct the Ascendant and True node? This is a hard one for me to figure...

SeaWind: Which True Node is involved? North or South?

And do you calculate the stars through the Paran method or Alignment?

SeaWind: Which method do YOU use to calculate the position of the stars? : )

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

reply to post by SeaWind

SeaWind: Apology accepted.

Thank you : )

North Node.

LOLLLL..... Both of course!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Filly: North Node.

SeaWind: The Nodes are generally malefic, even when they bear a gift, they extract a price. The meaning of Spica depends, not only what aspects it, but the general tenor of the Natal chart.

Filly: LOLLLL..... Both of course!

SeaWind: If I wanted to see the Parans of a chart, I would use software that does the calculations for me. I'm not an astronomer, so I would not need to use Alignment to find the position of a star.

edit on 2-2-2011 by SeaWind because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

SeaWind: The Nodes are generally malefic, even when they bear a gift, they extract a price. The meaning of Spica depends, not only what aspects it, but the general tenor of the Natal chart.

I thought of that, even the stars have their double meaning...
Though I thought you could have a more basic description so I could relate to houses and aspects then.
It's just too many points altogether...

The aspects are. by Sideral, whole house system:

Ascendant in Virgo @ 29deg14
North Node in Libra @ 0deg42
Spica in Virgo/Libra House cusp @ 0deg

All the above: Square the Moon/MC,
Quintile Saturn in the 10H

Filly: LOLLLL..... Both of course!

SeaWind: I do not believe you. Why don't you explain to me HOW you calculate the stars through the Paran method and Alignment.

Why you don't belive me? I don't calculate them by hand by all means! There's a programme Chart generator that does all that for me...

By alignment, there's the choice to include few important stars with the chart of your choice.
Has all the parans calculated for your chart as well if you chose to.(by Bernadette Green I think)
Or the star map aligned with Zodiac, which includes more Stars.
Those can be calculated by Sid, Trop, Helio, Draco, Vedic, Lahiri...Then harmonics, progressed, synastry, LOTS!
Addicional bodies can be added to the chart, like asteroids, dwarf planets, hypothetical planets etc....

The Paran method is calculated like the ancients used to do. By the rise, culmination, fall of a Star at the same time with another Star, Planet or Axis...
When two objects are rising in parans in a Natal chart it means the "stars of your youth" and they'll impact you through out your life since the moment you born, the "stars of your prime" when in culmination and take effect from this period of your life throughout your life and so on...
Your Heliocentric star means your life path.
This is a brief note, there's some information on the web.

By alignment in latitude or longitude, the stars are read as the planets in the usual charts. Though one has to acknowledge that the stars even on the ecliptic may be too far off and only take effect in a chart if the declination of the star with the related point are within a valid range.

The site is Astrodienst.com, you may create an account, input your birth data in "MY ASTRO", it takes you to different choices and then you choose the last one "different chart selection".
Everything you have imagined is there. It's the most credited/accurate programme on the web.
It has a Forum where you have a section just for sideral or vedic, can't recall now...
Plus has additional tables with positions and degrees to detail of the chart if you wish to view it.

And play as you may!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

SeaWind: If I wanted to see the Parans of a chart, I would use software that does the calculations for me. I'm not an astronomer, so I would not need to use Alignment to find the position of a star.

Yes, as I said above I use software as well, specially on Parans coz it's far too complicated to calculate.

For Alignment all it's needed is a table with the positions of the stars, it's sign, degrees, latitude, longitude and declination.(Trop&Sid). An Astronomic site can provide that.

Alignment is the term used for the stars as in Conjunction aspect, when we look at a chart we see by the degree and Sign of the Star that is conjunct a planet in the same Sign and degree.
For sideral charts, stars are in their original constellations when they were first mapped, For tropical, they have moved in the zodiac 1degree per 70 years aprx. where the constellation of Virgo has progressed through zodiacal Libra and so on...

edit on 3-2-2011 by Filly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Yes, as I said above I use software as well, specially on Parans coz it's far too complicated to calculate.

SeaWind: Your original question to me was "And do you calculate the stars through the Paran method or Alignment?" I thought the question was very odd since Paran and using Alignment to calculate the positions of the stars are two different things.

For Alignment all it's needed is a table with the positions of the stars, it's sign, degrees, latitude, longitude and declination.(Trop&Sid). An Astronomic site can provide that.

SeaWind: The word "Alignment" is the wrong word to use in this context. What you mean is simply finding the position of a star. If you were doing the calculations manually, you would need an Fixed Star ephemeris that would show the zodiacal longitude of the star. A Fixed Star program would require a specific chart be run before a table would be displayed.

Alignment is the term used for the stars as in Conjunction aspect, when we look at a chart we see by the degree and Sign of the Star that is conjunct a planet in the same Sign and degree.

SeaWind: A star that is conjunct another heavenly body or sensitive point is simply referred to as a "conjunction." A Paran is a relationship between a Natal planet and star or transiting planet that simultaneously cross the same angle. It is a temporal sequence, not spatial. I am looking at my Brady Heliacal stars and parans (a six page report), no where on it, is the word "Alignment" used.

The term "Alignment" actually has meaning in Astronomy. A stargazer can actually find the position of a star using alignment with Polaris in the northern hemisphere.

For sideral charts, stars are in their original constellations when they were first mapped, For tropical, they have moved in the zodiac 1degree per 70 years aprx. where the constellation of Virgo has progressed through zodiacal Libra and so on...

SeaWind: The "Fixed" Stars of the constellations aren't really fixed. They "possess independent motion and are moving through space in immense and unknown orbits."

I looked at your last sentence and was scratching my head. The constellation Virgo has NOT progressed through zodiacal Libra. It the Tropical zodiacal Libra that has moved past the constellation Virgo. Be careful of using the word "progressed" in Astrology, it has a definite meaning among astrologers.

edit on 3-2-2011 by SeaWind because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I don't believe that I am my rising sign. I looked it up & it said my rising is Leo, and it goes on to say that a love being the center of attention & want to appear strong, confident & dominant - all false. I'd much rather be be in the background & I am definitely not dominant (nor strong/confident). My moon is in Sagittarius & it says I'm prefer the grand, beautiful, the good & noble & that I have high expectations & I get upset when they're not met - wrong... I prefer a simple life with low expectations & don't get upset when my expectations are not met, I just go with the flow. Though my chart seems off, it is nice to see that I'm not the only one interested in Astrology, so thanks for the post. S&F

P.S. Thank you, Human_Alien, for the link on the first page!
edit on 2/3/2011 by wickedqueenamanda because: spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by wickedqueenamanda
I'm sorry, but I don't believe that I am my rising sign. I looked it up & it said my rising is Leo, and it goes on to say that a love being the center of attention & want to appear strong, confident & dominant - all false. I'd much rather be be in the background & I am definitely not dominant (nor strong/confident). My moon is in Sagittarius & it says I'm prefer the grand, beautiful, the good & noble & that I have high expectations & I get upset when they're not met - wrong... I prefer a simple life with low expectations & don't get upset when my expectations are not met, I just go with the flow. Though my chart seems off, it is nice to see that I'm not the only one interested in Astrology, so thanks for the post. S&F

P.S. Thank you, Human_Alien, for the link on the first page!
edit on 2/3/2011 by wickedqueenamanda because: spelling

Wickedqueenamanda, did you use the Alabe.com site to have your chart done? That does the wrong chart, a Tropical Zodiac chart, not Sidereal.

SeaWind

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Filly: I thought of that, even the stars have their double meaning...
Though I thought you could have a more basic description so I could relate to houses and aspects then.
It's just too many points altogether...

The aspects are. by Sideral, whole house system:

Ascendant in Virgo @ 29deg14
North Node in Libra @ 0deg42
Spica in Virgo/Libra House cusp @ 0deg

All the above: Square the Moon/MC,
Quintile Saturn in the 10H

Filly, I missed this earlier. I would say from the data you gave me, that you were born on 22 May 1977, in the afternoon. I set charts up for Kansas City, MO when I don't have a location.

As for Spica, it's considered by some to have a Venus/Mars nature. (Interesting because you have a Venus/Mars conjunction anyway. This heightens it) Honors & fame. Considered a good influence for scientists, writers, artist-painters, sculptors and musicians. Astrologers of old gave Fixed Stars a very tight orb, no more than 1 degree. And conjunctions were the only aspects used for them, they were not considered to have "rays" as other closer heavenly bodies do. On the other hand, some modern astrologers are treating them as planets with almost a full range of aspects.

As I said before, the Vedics consider the Lunar Nodes to be malefic in general. They're definitely points of Karma. It could bring beauty & worldly desires. Believe whatever makes you happy.

SeaWind

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

Hiya,

Before anything I'd like to post one of the definitions for Alignment:

-Arrangement or position in a straight line or in parallel lines.

Then a citation on Anne Wright's site on fixed stars:

"Effects: There is a permanent blending of the influences of stars that are conjunct one's natal planets. When a transit, arc, or progression, CONJUNCTS a natal planet, it will express the nature of the fixed star that are ALIGNED with that natal planet."(two different words in the same sentence accordingly)

Another from Amy Herring:

"The fixed stars are the stars that are so far out in space that they appear not to move at all, and some of them hold great significance when they are in alignment with planets or angles in your chart."

Note: I've learned that Alignment is the proper word to use when Stars are in "conjunction" with Planets/Stars/Points... Anyway be what the Astrological term be two or more bodies in the sky they aren't properly Conjunct are they? Another term largely applied is "when a star falls upon a planet..."

Just because you never heard the of the term or read it in the report doesn't mean that isn't correct or is not applied. Different sources...
Maybe I should've especified better what I meant inside the context, but even though I'd expect you to understand never the less, instead of picking on it.(reminds me of the Blibical meaning of the "Babel Tower")
Hope you've liked the site! : )

A tabel for the Tropical Stars positions (I've found some time ago with Sideral Degrees but didn't keep the link), as you see I don't need to draw a chart with stars inclusive, I just need to picture them within the chart:

Longitude Name Constellation Nature Mag. Position Lat. Dec.
02 Ar. 35 Deneb Kaitos Cetus Saturn 2.2 Tail of the Whale 21S 18S
09 Ar. 09 Algenib Pegasus Mars/ Mercury 2.9 Horse's wing 13N 15N

LINK:
www.skyscript.co.uk...

Longitude degrees and Parallels by declination apply for the CONJUNCTION, though Latitude is experimental and stands at your criteria to explore it further...

SOOOO... you still didn't answer to my question that I will reformulate:

How do you interpret the stars in a Natal chart, By close conjunction to an important point/planet or by the Paran method?

....................................................................................................................................................
I downloaded some time ago a PDF with the ancient meanings of the Stars. It has a lot of information but the associations are out of place and time. I know Brady wrote an 'update' of those ancient meanings incorporating an understandable " type of language" and a more practical approach to nowaday's life.
I'd like to have the book.

Yeah, I could have sent you my birth data but somehow you matched it right. Don't know if it maked a difference to have been born on the 25/04/77 @19.15pm in Lisbon/Portugal.

The descriptions I found on some stars are confuse, even when It says they are Benefic,the description ended like someone being a murderor, agressive or lyar,,, I guess that from the positive point of view it's good for someone to have this configuration coz while one is killing someone, he's not being killed himself! Lol
Crazy!

So Spica being the best star in the sky don't mean is a good thing uh? Interesting you mentioned the Venus/Mars conjunction coz they rise in paran as well by 0deg.

I thought of the "Karmic" N. Node as what could mean with the star,I really have a sometimes uncontrolable urge to get all my creativity into a business, what I really want to do. I found what it is but is impossible to make it happen now. [and support loads of families by working with me ; ) ]
I feel I'm being pulled to it but also that have to 'wait' for the right time, master it and work hard to have the so called gift coz it won't be given on a platter!Like you said all "at a price".

I've noticed as well, that when things go really bad with me and it seems there's no more hope, at the very last I seem to get miracle help, Always! I don't know if that's the influence of the star. But as it gives me luck ONLY when I need it, probably won't let me rise higher either..Can be a Karma thing indeed! :/
But never mind I still have Sun in Paran with Arcturus

I will belive!

Ps: Are you a Tropicl Aquarius? I have a friend who is and his assertiveness is remarkable like yours...and has not much patience sometimes for scattered people [like me] lol
Go easy on me man... will you?

Thanks for your patience anyway
xx

edit on 3-2-2011 by Filly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Filly

Hi Filly, sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm assuming now that English is NOT your first language.
I don't really have time now to fully respond to your latest post, but when a word is capitalized (as you did with Alignment), I assumed you were referring to some specialized technical astrological term or jargon. I did not realize you were using the word "alignment" as just an ordinary word with its common meaning.

I will NOT be on this thread this weekend. (Maybe late Sunday night.) Will respond more fully later.

SeaWind

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by weeuweed
Hey Seawind, I'd love a reading as well. Dont mind the waiting for a free service

October 29 1988
Around 7am
1° 31' 50.63" N
110° 20' 39" E

Thanks in advanced!

Hi Weeuweed, you'll have to wait weeks. Maybe Filly will do your chart using the Tropical Zodiac if you ask her.

SeaWind

I believe this is my chart - I did it via the website astro.com you recommended.

www.astro.com...

would love for your reading even if it's brief so i'll happily wait

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

Yes I used the chart on that site. If I need a different one, can you give me a site address to check it, please? Now, I'm very curious to see what it says.

Nevermind, just saw the post above & went there...checking it out now.

Just figured it out, thanks, Seawind

"Ascendant in Leo, Sun in the Eighth House

At the time of your birth the zodiacal sign of Leo was ascending in the horizon. Its ruler the Sun is located in the eighth house.

People with Leo in the Ascendant seem to possess a flair for the life of nobility and regality. Your life will be in many ways influenced by decisions you make that have been motivated by your pride, desire for power, for authority, and your need to convince others of your courage.

In life you will act with a rather frank, generous, and amiable disposition. The course of events in your life will unfold themselves swiftly, and a life full of chance and circumstances will be the outcome of your desire to rule, to organize, to hold the keys of authority. You should be aware that as a result of overly strong impulses there is the danger of failures and upsets in life. You will be generally regarded as an amiable, sincere and generous person who, however, has much pride and sensitivity. Egocentricity is one of the prices of being born with the Ascendant sign of Leo. Another aspect of this zodiacal sign is that your personality becomes excessively charged with passion and sexual desire. On the other hand, these zodiacal signs grant in life a large dose of vitality as well as a fine physical shape and a strong, healthy constitution.

Willpower is a characteristic of your personality. You seek opportunities and when you find them you go to it, using both your mind and your emotions to strive for success with zeal and determination. You are very self-assured and you implement ideas with a self-assurance that lets nothing get in your way of success.

It would be beneficial to you, however, if you were not so candid and frank and if you did not expect others to act and feel as you do.

Leo will grant you very sincere and affectionate relationships in which you desire to bring happiness and an overall feeling of charitable spirit and warmth to your loved one. In your sexual relationships you appear as happy, strong, playful and even a little innocent.

You will always act better as a leader than a subordinate."

Wow, it basically said the same thing as the other one. Still not describing me. Some of the other info on the chart is correct, though. Maybe, my mom lied to me about the time of my birth LOL

edit on 2/4/2011 by wickedqueenamanda because: added info

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wickedqueenamanda

If you know the hospital you where born in it shouldn't be too difficult to find out your time of birth(but might be tedious going through the proper channels).

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join