It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ea or ENKI his son Marduk & Tiamat -----ANNUNAKI!----- Do you think these are real stories?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike184ever
reply to post by Annee

jeezo Annee....Im tailgating but will give you the bennifit of the doubt...only we as far as we know and maybe in 6 other solar systems have GOD DNA thats why ...we are very high in an order and I thiks that is where the "enlightenment " movement is going ....apirituality awareness of our order

Okay - - explain please.

What is GOD DNA?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

the Sumerian Tablet texts suggests that Enlil and Enki created us under of course the watch of Anu. Somehow and not sure we humans are seen with a higher order than our guardians...what you mighjt do is read one of the many books, one is "the 12th Planet" by Z. Stichin. Keep in mind that each of these authors will say this and that about the other ,,but at least you get,,( if you havent already) the order of the gods and Creation that makes sence and relation to the Sumerian Text and the Holy Scriptures....Then and only they it is my OPINION that urantia.org will make sence to you if you so desire ....I dont have an iron in your personal fire...only if you are surching in this direction ,,,Here You Go....that is as open as I can make it

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

the Sumerian Tablet texts suggests that Enlil and Enki created us under of course the watch of Anu.

Who is Anu? And you can leave the Holy Scripture out of this.

If you are going to throw Mystical God into the mix - - - you're talking to the wrong person.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Who is Anu?

"Anu: "Sumerian for "heaven", a sky god, father and king of the gods. He is the son of Anshar and Kishar. He lives in the third heaven. The Eanna in Uruk was dedicated both to him and consort. His first consort was Antu. They produced the Anunnaki - the underworld gods, and the utukki - the seven evil demons. His second consort was Innina (Ishtar). He is a god of monarchs and is not friendly to the common people. He is a "King of the Igigi". He is assigned the sky as his domain in 'Atrahasis'. His 'kishru's (shooting stars) have awesome strength. He has the ability that anything he puts into words, becomes reality. He is Niudimmud's (Ea's) father"

Source:
The Sumerian Mythology FAQ
(The above source is highly recommended for a general overview of the topic).

Those interested might also enjoy:
The Assyro-Babylonian Mythology FAQ
The Canaanite/Ugaritic Mythology FAQ
The Hittite Mythology REF

edit on 1/16/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Who is Anu?

"Anu: "Sumerian for "heaven", a sky god, father and king of the gods. He is the son of Anshar and Kishar.

OK.

What is a god?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

What is a god?

You will get different answers about that from different people. Since I find the arguments about the existence/non-existence of God or Gods to be extremely boring and tedious, from my own perspective I would advise: You will probably get more out of this topic if you try to understand myth-systems on their own terms, rather than constantly challenging the foundational assumptions. If you are dead-set on challenging the existence of God in any context it pops up, then my advice is to look at the whole topic as a novel way of understanding the beliefs and psycholoy of people in other times in human history. It's a lot of fun to try to crawl into ancient heads and "put them on," to imagine how and why people and societies thought and behaved. At least that's how I'd go at it.

edit on 1/16/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think Project Camelot - Kerry Cassady had an expert on it. I would send an email to her to point you to the right direction and please post back here.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Annee must be an atheist ,,yes ,,,its coming back to me...Annee if this Topic doesnt fit you or sit with you...dont stop by...and for heavens sake dont act like a 3yr old So without further adue lets keep the conversation about are the Texts real or not.....I got to say YES and there is a lot there to meet the eye..culturaly,physicaly, intelectually.....time frame wise our race went from hunter gatherers overnight to skyscraper builders, master crop demesticators nd irrigators animal demesticators all of it in short order and with a flip of the switch,all of the sudden...Yep the way I see it mankind had help For Sure
edit on 16-1-2011 by mike184ever because: there you go Annee now its Kosher but even that word wont settle with you

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Annee must be an atheist ,,yes ,,,its coming back to me...Annee if this Topic doesnt fit you or sit with you...dont stop by...and for heavens sake dont act like a 3yr old (folks her words on a U2U) So without further adue lets keep the conversation about are the Texts real or not.....I got to say YES and there is a lot there to meet the eye..culturaly,physicaly, intelectually.....time frame wise our race went from hunter gatherers overnight to skyscraper builders, master crop demesticators nd irrigators animal demesticators all of it in short order and with a flip of the switch,all of the sudden...Yep the way I see it mankind had help For Sure

You do know Mike - - it is against ATS rules to post what is said in U2U without the posters permission. So yes - you are acting like a 3 year old.

Atheist only means "no belief in a Deity" - - it doesn't mean no belief in something else.

So - - keep it about the subject.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by alumnathe

shaky foundation of wikipedia......there are lots of books out there and I bet my right .......TOE ..ha ha...you thought I was going to say something else.....I bet a person of just average intel. could spend time in a Public Library and study sume and learn how to read glyfs and oh what a new hobbie that would be

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Rat me out Annee go ahead do it dont just talk all big about something just be a doer of your own rules DO IT

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

What is a god?

You will get different answers about that from different people. Since I find the arguments about the existence/non-existence of God or Gods to be extremely boring and tedious, from my own perspective I would advise: You will probably get more out of this topic if you try to understand myth-systems on their own terms, rather than constantly challenging the foundational assumptions. If you are dead-set on challenging the existence of God in any context it pops up, then my advice is to look at the whole topic as a novel way of understanding the beliefs and psychology of people in other times in human history. It's a lot of fun to try to crawl into ancient heads and "put them on," to imagine how and why people and societies thought and behaved. At least that's how I'd go at it.

And that is basically the point. There is no right or wrong in interpretation of available information.

Where am I challenging the existence of God? That wasn't my point at all.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hard to see how anything from this topic relates to what is going on in most professed christian households today. Any professed christian household should not take part in violevce, war and crimes of lust. So we know there are few christian households in this world, today.

Of course, this is our history whether the educated masses want to believe it or not.

This example of how humans operate, as shown above, is a prime reason why we also fight a lot. We choose to disagree.

We do need to think about and understand more about where we came from, in order to figure out where we are headed. Could that be the big secret and why we are kept in the dark?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Of course, I read that too, including that her home is 12 000 square foot. But... she has energy around her or operating in her. The woman who channels Cassipioans does too, she does so with a Ouji board, and that has read energy too, whole family took a hit. She's doing very well, too. The energy is still there. I think there are perks along the way for doing the wrong entities bidding, much like the our rich and famous demonstrate.
edit on 16-1-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
i think real in the sense that the Sumerians believed them to be true, and explained them in a way that would make sense.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

i have to agree with you...I actually did the same thing...and sad to say I am still digging. I read several books (can't think of the names right now) but every story matches up...this lead me to one obvious coincidence...

Truly I think all the stories around these events are only part of the story...I wish I can get my hands on the full thing...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saigon1914
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

i have to agree with you...I actually did the same thing...and sad to say I am still digging. I read several books (can't think of the names right now) but every story matches up...this lead me to one obvious coincidence...

Truly I think all the stories around these events are only part of the story...I wish I can get my hands on the full thing...

Every translation Sitchin used (he couldn't translate cuneiform) is available at Sacred-texts.com. LINK to them.

Your hands can be on the full thing.

Harte

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
My ancestry on my fathers side is Syriac, (not the modern state Syria) Christian minorities, oriental orthodox churches, that were isolated from the western world and up until the genocide on the armenian and syriac peoples at the start of the 20th century, (not to leave out the Italian occupation of Ethiopia) were not really being paid much attention to. You can check it out on wikipedia

"The Christology of the Orientals has been labeled monophysite, but the Church defines itself as miaphysite - the differences go back to the original Christological controversy of the fifth century, with the former denying that Jesus had any substantial human nature. Similar to the Easterners, Orientals use icons in worship, have a strong monastic tradition, and have focused on the lives of saints for spiritual guidance. "

So it is a form of henotheism, in a way maybe as the followers of Krishna would acknowledge his reincarnations in people today.

Back to what I wanted to say: In my family I have not once heard the word Christ, Xristos, Cross, or any of the indoeuropean constructs. Rather, Jesus is called Yeshu Mshiho, we refer to the cross as Slibo, literally meaning cross (Salva-tion), and to a Christian as Suroyo/ Suraya, syrian, as is normative, for the middle east, by confession of faith alone, above ethnicity.

About horns and red hair - the horns, dual or single, aren't they supposed to represent antennae for divine communication? And shouldn't Moses be regarded as a title, or the embodiement of certain principles in a man rather than idolization of historical figures? The word horn - corner, carnu, exist even in celtic languages, if you research a bit about the druids. And there is a village in turkey called Qeleth, and all of their inhabitants are red-haired. Also, in the past few months, people have commented that my black hair has gotten a strange reddish tone. Also strange coincidences have started to occur, and certain number sequences reappearing around me, especially after the kundalini awakenings now more than a year ago..

Just felt like sharing some associations, I hope I'm not losing my mind, because it seems everything I come across is somehow similiar..

This is all very intriguing...

edit on 17-1-2011 by planescaper21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2011 by planescaper21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by planescaper21

Wow, that was very interesting, thanks for posting all that. I really wish I knew more about the Eastern churches. There is very little good material in English on Oriental Orthodoxy/Syriac Christianity, or Coptic/Nubian Christianity for that matter. All of these traditions are every bit as ancient as the Western churches but few Westerners know about it. I am also interested in Nestorian Christianity, particularly in Central Asia, Mongolia, and China, but that's another story.

to get back on topic a bit, it would be interesting to ponder how Eastern Christianity in Mesopotamia meshes with the more traditional spiritual picture there. What echoes (if any) of the most ancient strata are preserved in Syriac or Oriental Orthodox Christianity?

Zurvanism is another system to check out: It is a kind of amalgamation of Persian/Zoroastrian ideas with more ancient Sumerian/Babylonian mythological concepts. It is now extinct and its heyday was in the Sassanid era (third to seventh centuries AD). Zurvanism might be related to what is called "Chaldean" philosophy by the Romans, but the ties are hazy. Some of these ideas may have even made it into other religious streams like Gnosticism and medieval heretical movements like the Paulicians and Bogomils.

edit on 1/18/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

reply to post by planescaper21

to get back on topic a bit, it would be interesting to ponder how Eastern Christianity in Mesopotamia meshes with the more traditional spiritual picture there. What echoes (if any) of the most ancient strata are preserved in Syriac or Oriental Orthodox Christianity?

Zurvanism is another system to check out: It is a kind of amalgamation of Persian/Zoroastrian ideas with more ancient Sumerian/Babylonian mythological concepts.

Well, there is an equivalent, if not the same thing as Kabballah, algebraic and numerological analyses of scriptures, preserved in the monasteries. There are strange legends about the saints and monks, like telekinesis and whatnot. Old mythological concepts do survive, in one form or another. There are a lot of rituals associated with older religions and paganism practiced as holidays, that may go by different names, but are exactly the same, and nobody seems to ask themselves where they come from, it is just a tradition. A bit like Halloween if you wish. Also it is not an uncommon discovery for archaeologist to make, that under a mosque is a chrurch buried, and under the church some temple to a god or goddess. When new faiths came and took over, they simply took over the old rituals, just as you wouldnt normally expect an army conquer a land and burn all the settlements in just for fun, and then build their own instead.

Also, I suspect that Sufism has roots in Zoroastrism, so one can see another exampleof religion's incorporation of each other.

I guess it is like Paul says that "I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some."

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join