It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ea or ENKI his son Marduk & Tiamat -----ANNUNAKI!----- Do you think these are real stories?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Mesopotamian mythology is endlessly fascinating. The sheer length of Mesopotamian history means the same stories and same characters are repeated over and over with subtle changes and differences. Each city-state had its own version, and these changed and developed in various directions down through the millenia. There is so much to say and explore, I feel like you could devote your life to plumbing these depths yet never even scratch the surface.

I don't view these stories as "literally true" in the sense of alien encounters, etc., although I love that line of reasoning too, just for its good story value if nothing else. Ultimately, the whole question of literal truth in religion is a bore, and misses the point entirely. Good myths are not literally "true" but they tell us very important --vital, even -- things about archtypes, deep human psychgological and spiritual patterns. They are like the long dreams of humanity, and are boundlessly significant because they allow us peeks at mankind's underlying psychospiritual scaffolding. Myths serve many purposes. They are not only meant to encode literal information, although they do preserve astrological, medical, and historical information through metaphor used as a kind of mnemomic device in many cases. But more importantly, myths help us decide how to procede at different critical junctures, both as individuals and societies. The stories help humanity to grapple with the big themes: life, death, sex, spirit, society, the nature of consciousness, and what is the right thing to do? When approached correctly, they don't necessarily yield up straight answers, but rather provide a template or framework for wrestling with these the issues.

Beyond all that, I personally find two things about the Mesopotamean mythos to be the most interesting :

1) This mythic system provides the earliest known version of some of the Western world's most important foundational stories. It influenced everyone: Egypt, the the Persians, Greeks, Romans, Christian theology...everyone. There is good evidence that it went east as well. Some elements of Chinese, Japanese, and Tibetan myths and thrologies show ancient echoes of Mesopotamean ideas that made their way across the Eurasian landmass indirectly over time.

2) You can see "layers" of mythology in the Mesopotamean system. The oldest generation of gods are part of an older system that was mostly abandoned but preserved as a dim echo-memory. The children of the old gods tell a different story and speak to a different millieu than the old gods themselves. The old gods are from a more rustic, less organized era, while their children are tales for larger and more sophisticated city-states. You can see the same sorts of differences between, say, Sumerian and Babylonian myths, too: as human history changes, the stories we tell ourselves change to address new issues. The Mesopotamean myths track the evolution of human psychology, spirituality, and collective (un)consciousness down through different stages of historical development.

edit on 1/14/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Well written! It's like you were completing my post....

Star for you!

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Excellent post ST.

Well written, with opinions based on some reading and understanding, as well as not closing the door on possibilities.. You Rock!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by igigi
As I understand it, Marduk personifices the planet scientists thinks hit young Earth (Tiamat). This collision resulted in the formation of our Moon.

en.wikipedia.org...
The prevailing hypothesis today is that the Earth–Moon system formed as a result of a giant impact: a Mars-sized body hit the nearly formed proto-Earth, blasting material into orbit around the proto-Earth, which accreted to form the Moon.

thought that moon theory was bad science. And while I'm putting in my 2cents worth isnt Marduk Planet X Nibariu

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
AAAHHHHH THE ANNUNAUKI!!!!

The entities are real. They have been manipulating humanity and history for centuries. I once worshipped Enki and believed this 'father of humanity' to be GOD! He's a real ET. I learned much about the 4th dimensional body such as chakras and telepathic communication. Later I found out this was a limiting paradigm and much of my energy was being drained and consumed by well... you guessed it.

Once you put the pieces together, you realize there is ET influence all around you. Every major religion is victim to these Nordic 'Gods'. They have manipulated humanity and history for centuries, continuing to do so. The stories are most likely skewed, but the authors are real.

Even the military is in contact with advanced blonde aliens. Some may even be masquerading under the name of Anu. Things are never as they seem. Trust yourself, there's a reason humanity is being bombarded in such a way. To believe we are poor primates and children in the grand scheme of things is wrong. Our energetics and genetic codes here are highly prized.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Hello ATS community I see there is more knowledge to share of the ANNUNAKI and their activities.

So my question for those of you who can answer is do you feel these are real stories.
If so how do you view MARDUK EVOL OR GOOD?
Also how do you view EA/ENKI & LLU/ENLIL. EVOL OR GOOD
Thanks in advance

The above is the thread makers own words, everything below was copied and pasted straight from the wiki article. I thought we are supposed to put outside text in quotes or ex form?

In Babylonian mythology, Tiamat is a chaos monster, a primordial goddess of the ocean, mating with Abzû (the god of fresh water) to produce younger gods. In the Enûma Eliš she opposes when Abzû conspires to kill the younger gods, and she warns the most powerful of those, Ea, who puts Abzû under a spell and kills him. Etymologically it appears related to the Sumerian words TI (Life) and AMA (Mother)[1].

Later when Ea's son Marduk creates problems for her by playing with sand storms and tornadoes, she conspires to retaliate by creating eleven frightening monsters and erecting her son Kingu as their general, but this plot fails when Marduk slays them all including Tiamat herself. From Tiamat's body the world is formed, land and sea.

Tiamat was known as Thalattē (as a variant of thalassa, the Greek word for "sea") in the Hellenistic Babylonian Berossus' first volume of universal history. It is thought that the name of Tiamat was dropped in secondary translations of the original religious texts because some Akkadian copyists of Enûma Elish substituted the ordinary word for "sea" for Tiamat, since the two names had become essentially the same, due to association.[2]
link
en.wikipedia.org...-Jacobsen_1968:105-1
Tiamat and Murduk representation of battle.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ccd9d88a186e.jpeg[/atsimg]

Marduk and his dragon Mušḫuššu, from a Babylonian cylinder seal

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f190f470f119.jpeg[/atsimg]

Marduk's original character is obscure but he was later on connected with water, vegetation, judgment, and magic.[3] He was also regarded as the son of Ea (Sumerian Enki) and Damkina and the heir of Anu,[citation needed] but whatever special traits Marduk may have had were overshadowed by the political development through which the Euphrates valley passed and which led to imbuing[who? academics or people of the time? clarification needed] him with traits belonging to gods who in an earlier period were recognized as the heads of the pantheon. There are particularly two gods—Ea and Enlil—whose powers and attributes pass over to Marduk. In the case of Ea, the transfer proceeded pacifically and without effacing the older god. Marduk took over the identity of Asarluhi, the son of Ea and god of magic, so that Marduk was integrated in the pantheon of Eridu where both Ea and Asarluhi originally came from. Father Ea voluntarily recognized the superiority of the son and hands over to him the control of humanity. This association of Marduk and Ea, while indicating primarily the passing of the supremacy once enjoyed by Eridu to Babylon as a religious and political centre, may also reflect an early dependence of Babylon upon Eridu, not necessarily of a political character but, in view of the spread of culture in the Euphrates valley from the south to the north, the recognition of Eridu as the older centre on the part of the younger one.

Peace...

edit on 1/14/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
This would all be worth following and researching if it wasn't relying on the shakiest foundations of research ever invented: Wikipedia. By following one Wikipedia article to another, eventually everything in Wikipedia will appear to be related to everything else. If you really want to gain a useful perspective on the issues that are thoughtlessly compacted into Wikipedia with no checks or balances, then go to the trouble of reading the foundational texts of longstanding works in the fields of mythology, ancient history, and etymology, and other disciplines that painstakingly go over this material with a fine-toothed comb to reveal the truth and lies of it, so that future generations are not looking at history through clouded lenses. In short, don't swallow it all, hook line and sinker.

If you were to take the time to do this (which takes years, decades) you might find that history and mythology are far more mysterious, elegant, and awe-inspiring than anything you have determined here, couch-dredging from the muck of what equates to the National Enquirer of knowledge. Your intentions are honorable; your methods are a trap set up for you to follow endlessly and get nowhere useful.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This thread has sort of revealed to me that there's still people who actually believe old Babylonian mythology and/or religion are actually true.

Why the Babylonian mythology & religion? Why not that of other ancient cultures? Is it just this thread or is there an entire movement of you people out there?

I had never known that people were still following Babylonian religion until this time, and this strikes me as both shocking as well as quite odd.

They're just old myths, people. No more real than the easter bunny.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Yazman

I think you have entirely missed the point.

It isn't 'just old Babylonian myths' when for the past 2000 years we have been killing and arguing with each other over a story which was copied from earlier stories.

Also, you seem to be ignoring the occult/esoteric allegorical meanings and insights... things such as astrotheology or worshipping astronomy.

Another important reason to study this subject is linguistics, like I mentioned in my last post.

Maybe some people do 'worship' these old 'myths'... but IMO they are ignorant.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
reply to post by Yazman

I think you have entirely missed the point.

It isn't 'just old Babylonian myths' when for the past 2000 years we have been killing and arguing with each other over a story which was copied from earlier stories.

Also, you seem to be ignoring the occult/esoteric allegorical meanings and insights... things such as astrotheology or worshipping astronomy.

Another important reason to study this subject is linguistics, like I mentioned in my last post.

Maybe some people do 'worship' these old 'myths'... but IMO they are ignorant.

It just strikes me as bizarre that there's people who think this stuffi s anything but myth. I mean, people literally believe this stuff is true, or that its really about something true but "obscured" (i.e. the names of the various deities are actually references to aliens or whatever)? That strikes me as very odd.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yazman
This thread has sort of revealed to me that there's still people who actually believe old Babylonian mythology and/or religion are actually true.

Why the Babylonian mythology & religion? Why not that of other ancient cultures? Is it just this thread or is there an entire movement of you people out there?

I had never known that people were still following Babylonian religion until this time, and this strikes me as both shocking as well as quite odd.

They're just old myths, people. No more real than the easter bunny.

Perhaps you will detail your theories and research that proves conclusively that the extensive writings of Sumer and Mesopotamia are works of fiction and nothing more...

The study and laborious research in to all the ancient texts are all a part of the journey for knowledge and the expansion of our personal paradigm; there are no set parameters that either include or exclude the total as either being truth or myth; that distinction must be garnered by each individual; we each make our own choices and form our own opinions; to summararily dismiss it all as myth without empirical evidence is to walk blindly down the path, unable to see past the dictated route and never looking past the edge of the road...

As has been said, often truth is stranger than fiction...

seeker

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
Our energetics and genetic codes here are highly prized.

Why?

Why are our energetics and genetic codes highly prized?
edit on 15-1-2011 by Annee because: spelling

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

Originally posted by Annee
Are you sure? I thought it was the other way around.

I thought Enlil was the true blood and Enki half blood to royalty.

Yes, 100% sure of it Annee. Enlil's mum was a Concubine of Anu while Enki's mum was the Dragon Queen, Anu's wife.

Ok. Odd things came up yesterday for me. I was watching this video, which is so so, I mean its pretty good in some terms but sort of distortions too, a bit too much of a focus on the we are Gods, we are One thing, and JZ Knight who channels Ramtha was in it:

What the bleep do we know? Down the rabbit hole. part 1

It turns out the entire thing was put out by Ramtha group, so its connected to JZ Knight, which probably is why I found the Quantum seemed a bit distorted.

Today I remembered that reconpilot had mentioned Ramtha as being Enki. I think he relates Enki/Enlil as fractured and being the same beings.

Now Ram or Ramtha is a ram? devil? centaur? I don't know for certain am trying to research more on this. Also for some reason the message is alot like Ra's, or Law of One.

I don't the music in this video but I think its commonly thought that Enki is Lucifer and Enlil is El,
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
Enki And Ninmah Sumerian Translations 1/2

I've included this because I think its not Sitchin but Oxford

The Electronic Text Corpus of Sumerian Literature (ETCSL) a project of the University of Oxford, comprises a selection of nearly 400 literary compositions recorded on sources which come from ancient Mesopotamia (modern Iraq) and date to the late third and early second millennia BCE.

I had a really bad headache last night after watching that video, my heart was striking and I thought i was going to die, and it felt reptilian actually, so I've been really researching today whats going on.

I found this post by reconpilot and the whole thread is interesting. Somehow connected to the Dragon bloodlines and royalty: The Black Sheep Royal line of the Dragon/Lion., page 5

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its very common knowledge by most that Enlil is El and Enki is Lucifer, but.. I tend to think that they're all the same thing really: EYE OF HORUS group. Enki, Enlil, Isis, Ra, Osirus which is Saturn or El too, Zeus, Quetzcoatl. They may not all be the same but these are the Eye of Horus negative controllers to me, this the top of the pyramid, and Saturn is a big connection to the whole thing.

Edit to add: not sure if he's saying ramtha is enki or just says alot of bad about him, I'm doing some more searches currently.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Annee, look into George Kavassilas.

It's hard to put it as eloquently as he does.

Earth is about to go through a major shift, we are already feeling it... this is directly related. It's also a point of major evolution, which these beings are extremely jealous of.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
reply to post by Annee

Annee, look into George Kavassilas.

It's hard to put it as eloquently as he does.

Earth is about to go through a major shift, we are already feeling it... this is directly related. It's also a point of major evolution, which these beings are extremely jealous of.

I am fully aware of the shift.

Never heard of George Kavassilas.

Why would advanced off planet beings be jealous. That really doesn't make any sense.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I looked up George Kavassilas.

This is his opening statement: "Please understand the Spiritual Hierarchy and Galactic Council of Light of which I am a part is not the same as a group calling themselves the galactic federation of light. At the time I gave my 2004 presentation I too was being manipulated by the galactic federation of light, however the majority of information provided is valid. As you read and understand my work this distinction will become important to each and everyone of us."

Anyone besides me see anything wrong with this?

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Hi Unity,

Ramtha is a fake!!

JZ claims him to be an extremely ancient soul.. about 35,000 years old. That's horse-plop. And the reason why is because all souls are far more ancient than that.. most of us have been experiencing this earth for far longer than 35,000 years and before that we were experiencing other worlds on offer.. so we are all Ascended Masters and owe nothing to what amounts to a Toddler Soul claiming to be most ancient and far more advanced, etc.

The second line of proof is simple enough.. the exercises to awaekning that Ramtha has people do leads to nowhere... seriously. What good is calling in the 'Orbs' and then do nothing with them other than to have yourself blind-folded?

JZ is old enought to have learned about the rise of interest in Channeling again in the early 60's, which is most likely where she got the idea to Perform her Channeling in order to gain a Following and live the high-life from that.

ps.. no offence meant to anyone who is a Follower.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I don't concur with her information, and do think its a scam, but....there is an energy there and I've watched a few of the videos on her now, and she has a female energy, whereas the entity, who is No DOUBT lying as to who he is, I think those kind of entities lie alot. Channeling is very dangerous, I'm not talking about connecting to or channeling HS, talking about something else here. I've never been able to read Law of One because of the energy, and the Casseipoian Wave, same thing, my family got hit by negative things when I promised someone I would read it and read a little in it.

Watching the What The Bleep Do You Know Video, last night I had a major headache and went to sleep feeling terrible. I had no idea that the entire dvd was actually made by her Ramtha organization and by her supporters. That association to me explains the hit, only this time I have gotten braver, and I'm actually conducting my own investigation into what she is doing and what its about.

I think she is part of a movement by the bloodlines, that this was not a mistake, maybe she was being handled by them, but she's also channeling something, I think reptilian.

By the way there is something about the Living Game and Soul Traps, and reconpilot mentioned Enki/Enlil was now trapped in it like humans. I don't know fully what this was supposed to mean,but I take it he's supposed to be here now too.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

jeezo Annee....Im tailgating but will give you the bennifit of the doubt...only we as far as we know and maybe in 6 other solar systems have GOD DNA thats why ...we are very high in an order and I thiks that is where the "enlightenment " movement is going ....apirituality awareness of our order

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Tayesin

I don't concur with her information, and do think its a scam, but....there is an energy there and I've watched a few of the videos on her now, and she has a female energy, whereas the entity, who is No DOUBT lying as to who he is, I think those kind of entities lie alot.

You are deluded.

J Z Knight once sued someone that claimed Ramtha came to him as well. She admitted, testified in fact, that Ramtha is her creation and the other person was infringing on her property.

She won.

In other words, she told the court she made it up and the court believed her.

Put it away.

Harte
edit on 1/15/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join