It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa warns solar flare will cause devastation.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

I can totally see Edvard Munch scream face on the left side!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46b769fa21ab.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be74179e2331.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 14-1-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2011 by Wildeagle because: Made an oopsie!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Yes, its good that we hear about it again

We must not forget this, but don't live in fear either.
Just have it in the back of our heads

At the moment I have too many things in the back of my head
But it is interesting to see the amount of doom that is in the press... I can not help but wonder what they are trying to mask (in the here and now) when they push these future doom laden agendas!

Originally posted by Wildeagle
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Thankyou for your comment, and you give a fair point! Nasa seem to think we will make it there, and I hope they are correct, and something doesn't happen that they couldn't forsee. Stranger things have happened!

Although I plan to live my life happy, regardless of what happens. Everyones day comes eventually

your welcome
tho I have a special spot picked out to see any fireworks that happen along
With my feet and a few beers dangling in the Ouse (River) we'll be enjoying a nice picnic* and some fun

*my "bug out bag" is a booze and nibbles laden picnic hamper

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

In which case, apologies for covering old news, but hopefully newer members that missed it will be informed now.

The whole situation is really scary to me, but we can only hope that it doesn't cause such a massive devastation, if and when it happens.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
i wonder what effects this would have on the human body as the particals pass threw it?? would it increase cancer risk or other effects??

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Thankyou for clearing that up for me... I did think that would be the case, but just wanted to confirm.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

Dear Wildeagle,
Firstly my apoligies for not commenting on your OP, which was an enlightening and somewhat scary read.

I was being slightly flippant with my comment, however it is always a good idea to know how to live off the land for a while. Sadly it isn't always the most "fun" experience having to de-feather or skin an animal but when you have to, you have to.

As another posted, I did read somewhere that the sun is in another solar flare cycle so the news didn't come as a major surprise. What I do find somewhat surprising is that NASA waited so long to confirm what was already suspected.

If you are a 2012 believer then this truly does fall right in line with the prediction of "change" happening.

All the best folks,
T

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

Hi torq,

It's alright for some, i now live in a city.

I guess I'd starve as I 've never even caught a fish, well apart from ones in my fish tank.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

If it was going to happen tomorrow it might be worth while being slightly concerned about.

More fear mongering IMHO.

By 2013 you'll have long forgotten all about it and nothing will happen.

MR

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Marlborough Red

imho i dont think it is fear mongering, it is a real possibility that is just waiting to happen, the sun is known for going threw periods of calm and chaos, and its last calm has bien exceptionally quiet, its now in its solar maxium and to be honist people are expecting it to be a highly active one! so i dont see how its a small possibility that a big flare can hit us and cut out electronics. altho we all are entitled to our own opinion

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Great thread, Grabbed this pic the
other day

Regards, rob.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
reply to post by ypperst

While I guess it also good to remind people that NASA is hopeful that we might make it to 2013

edit on 14/1/11 by thoughtsfull because: sentence structure

Well to be fair , 23 December 2012 does sound to me something like " sometime around 2013"
Just saying

edit on 14/1/11 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
This is 6 months old, still despite that this won't be as big of a problem as some would maybe like it to be.
Sure if, and that's a big if a flare large enough to cause any effects on our systems occurs there is a possibilty of power outs, etc, etc...

But there really shouldn't be any excuses for people not being prepared for such things, this isn't new, it's part of the natural cycle of the sun it has been known about for a very long time. The answers are quite simple, just turn the grids off and power down satellites. There will be enough warning time beforehand, after all that's why SOHO is up there. Any minor inconvenience for a short period is better than a major one for a longer period surely. Electricity companies already do this in times of peak usage with rolling blackouts and such, it won't be to disrupting to your daily life if handled correctly.
The only reason for anything to happen is human error by not having plans in place for such an occurance if it was to even occur at all.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Sorry to correct you but it was Edvard Munch who painted The Scream

I must say though it does look like it!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

We here at ATS know about these possible events and senarios and we are watching. Check this thread: Solar Activity Watch 2011

Here it is explained a few years ago:

Notice the spin about y2k.....

edit on 14-1-2011 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Robbo2006

Sorry about size of pic
here is resize.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

Thankyou torqpoc

I think you are lucky to have the skills that you do to survive this way, and should be something more of us should know.

I am indeed a believer of 2012... not in the sense that we are ultimately doomed, but more so that a great change of some sort will occur. It does tie in quite neatly.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz

Sorry to correct you but it was Edvard Munch who painted The Scream

I must say though it does look like it!

Wow, that's rather embarrassing for me! hehe!

Thanks, and edited.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marlborough Red

If it was going to happen tomorrow it might be worth while being slightly concerned about.

More fear mongering IMHO.

By 2013 you'll have long forgotten all about it and nothing will happen.

MR

I'm sorry you feel that is what I am intending to do here. Not in a million years would I do fear mongering.

I am merely stating what Nasa have released as information.

I won't be forgetting this in a hurry either.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
NOW this is where it just prove how many sheeple there are! THE ONLY THING NEEDED TO BE DONE ITS SWITCH EVERY OFF until it passed unless this is where the Illuminati is going to take over and waiting the event.
edit on 14-1-2011 by exactmad because: (no reason given)
It appears great minds think alike lol
edit on 14-1-2011 by exactmad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by exactmad

yes correct

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join