It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa warns solar flare will cause devastation.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Excellent link to watch, thanks for posting!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle

Excellent link to watch, thanks for posting!

No probs, just trying to add to the compiling evidence that is already out there

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
what is the general concensus, would we (the world) be infomed and given warning. or would the old "mass panic" formula come into affect. Would they let us know?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Originally posted by torqpoc

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
reply to post by Wildeagle

Everything relies on electronics.

Such a solar flare will be a big disaster like we haven't experienced before. Systems aren't in place to cope with such an event.

Just think, shops only supply three days worth of food A scarey thought.

Dear JonoEnglish,
That is why living in the countryside, having a knowledge of trapping and skinning animals, as well as a shotgun and plenty of ammunition is highly recommended.

I'll be eating well, while the townies are beating each other over a loaf of bread.

Regards,
T

Eating well until, of course, the starving masses come looking for your food by the tens of thousands. Dont kid yourself, hungry people will do anything for a meal, include overrunning your farm.

Not sure if there will be many animals left to eat! And if there are, would they be safe to eat if they are radiated?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Out with the old in with the new. Old technology replaced on a global scale / universal scale by Iridium. Not many are seeing it yet but Iridium is very important, it must be, its connected to everything!

I created a thread. I would expect that storm sooner rather than later.
you may want to check the thread regarding a cross seen in russian skies and also my last reply.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkunkSense

Originally posted by SirMike

Originally posted by torqpoc

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Everything relies on electronics.

Such a solar flare will be a big disaster like we haven't experienced before. Systems aren't in place to cope with such an event.

Just think, shops only supply three days worth of food A scarey thought.

Dear JonoEnglish,
That is why living in the countryside, having a knowledge of trapping and skinning animals, as well as a shotgun and plenty of ammunition is highly recommended.

I'll be eating well, while the townies are beating each other over a loaf of bread.

Regards,
T

Eating well until, of course, the starving masses come looking for your food by the tens of thousands. Dont kid yourself, hungry people will do anything for a meal, include overrunning your farm.

Not sure if there will be many animals left to eat! And if there are, would they be safe to eat if they are radiated?

So there can only be 4 options:

1) Everyone becomes vegan
2) Everyone starts to eat each other
3) Mass depopulation occurs so there is enough scarce food resources to feed a selected amount of people on this planet
4) We find a way to grow food and animals on Mars

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

I like to think we would be informed... I guess that is what they are already doing. But I could still see no matter how much we are informed, there may still be an element of mass panic regardless.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I actually quite like the 'out with the old, in with new' idea... If it comes to that, I can't say it would be a bad thing.

Feel free to post the link to your thread here, I would love to have a read through it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

they say the ones who have the best chance for survival are those that keep their wits about them while all else are failing.

just one other thing....was really shocked last night when i saw pres. obama giving a speech, havent seen him for a few weeks and he is going grey fast....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LipanConjuring86
reply to post by tim3lord

The government already has measures in place, The government is going to ride this one out and leave the people to fend for themselves. Considering the structures they are building though, it doesn't look like the people have much of a chance.

They will beg for Gods forgiveness as they can not hide from his wrath. It says right in Revelation that those that hide in the mountains will beg for their death.

And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

bible.cc...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Heres the link hope you enjoy. Quite a bit to read.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think we are totally missing something involving Iridium,Im not only talking about the new system similar to sky net type situation i may have also connected this to BP. Would be very interesting if those that trully read threads will have a proper discussion about it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Does anybody know if this will render all electronics useless or will it just cut the power of for a few days. If it ruins my ps3 who do i send the bill to

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDofENGLAND
Does anybody know if this will render all electronics useless or will it just cut the power of for a few days. If it ruins my ps3 who do i send the bill to

If you notice any strange activities in the sky, ensure you turn your electric breaker off in your house, unplug all your electronics, and fill a huge tank of water outside so you have something to flush your toilet with (as possible electric failure will cause your water pump not to work).

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

cheers for the heads up

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JDofENGLAND

Hahah, no worries. Just think back to when you had a power outage. What did you do during that time and what did you learn from it.

With regards to your PS3, ensure your Warranty covers extraordinary events which can cause damage to your PS3. If not covered under the warranty, and your PS3 becomes obsolete inventory in your home, it could make a great door stopper one day.

I personally have an XBOX 360...so I hope Bill Gates is able to fix any problems which may occur with the console should a solar storm come to wipe out our electronics. Who knows, maybe there will be a video game made from this epic disaster!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

so we have two years until it happens
so why even bother worrying about it?
it's pretty far off, and it's not like it will be the
end of the world or anything.
A few cities will lose power and such,
nothing that we can't recover from.

this is assuming were all still alive after Dec 21 2012

edit on 14-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
more interesting is links between the pineal gland (third eye) and electromagnetic radiation...
could a large solar storm move the seat of our soul to a new place....

kx

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
A few cities will lose power and such,
nothing that we can't recover from.

dude, burning out a power grid can take up
to 5 yrs to replace. The companies that make
the parts for these grids will now have to make
them using an alternate power source. As they
no longer have electricity to run the machines.
So you may be without power for 5 yrs.

edit on 1/14/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
more interesting is links between the pineal gland (third eye) and electromagnetic radiation...
could a large solar storm move the seat of our soul to a new place....

kx

That could depend on how many mushrooms you had to eat....

The concept behind the solar storm and your response must show a link between:
a) radiation
b) electromagnetic field
c) pineal gland
d) soul energy vs solar energy

How can all of these concepts stringed together result in moving our soul to a new place? That is more of a quantum theory/spiritual realm or paradigm shift.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
if i can add anything, we went without power for over a week about 10 years ago now. due to bushfires and all the poles needing replacing.

the first 24 hours are the hardest because you keep going to use it. after that you sought of settle into a routine. you become very practical and you are actually thinking for the first time in a long time and problem solving. it makes you feel good actually. the main thing is too have a source for cooking. be it the bbq, or open fire with a plate or something. if you have that you have food and a nice cup of tea.

my street had 7 houses in it and become quiet a social thing to help each other out. it was summer so in the cool of the afternoon we would gather under a tree outside and have a couple of drinks. when it got dark, you went in and usually went to bed.

it was just a tad upsetting when the power went back on. within 24 hours you are reversed and everyone is caught up in the day to day mundane of living.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join