It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel..Favored by the world???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Oh the poor jews. The entire planet is supposed to kiss their asses for the next 1000 years because they chose not to fight back against the Nazis. I reckon we need to create a country for the victims of the Khmer Rouge, and the loser in Rwanda. Let's not forget Stalins purges and Mao's as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thread closed?

2nd line.
Nice work Fox.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

The world hates Jews. Nothing new there. I don't, happy to say. I'd say the very word Zionism is out of place. Zionism stopped existing once Israel did. At that point, it merely became nationalism. Nationalism is good and all but it can lead to Hitler and Communist China like places. In other places, it creates a new America.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Zionist Jews are, in my opinion, the most evil people on the planet. How can they be the victims, when they are the ones who hold all the power? The fact remains that the state of Israel should not exist, it is an illegitimate nation that is wholly responsible for most of the turmoil in the middle east.

The palestinians have no standing army, air force or navy to defend its people. they fight their oppressors the only way they can and are labeled terrorists for it.

Zionist Jews are worse than Nazis as far as I'm concerned and I think a lot of people agree with me.

I say....Down with Israel, down with organized religion and down with all other BS agendas

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

NO Country can be built unless its constituents share a heritage, language, culture and religion. If they dont meet this criteria than THAT state is doomed to failure.

So the US is failing because of its freedom? We(english stock) should have remained loyal Anglicans? We should have immediately killed off or forced the conversion of the radical Puritans when they landed in Plymouth, Massachusetts? We should have crushed Universalist and Unitarian groups as soon as they began to appear?

The fine English stock should have prevented the Irish Immigrants, and all other non-Anglicans from getting off boats?

So my country is doomed, for lack of zealously destroying all things and people not Anglican, and all things not recognizing and bowing down to divine right of kings.

That actually does sound like a version of the Zion concept. Holy land, holy ethnic group, holy divinely appointed king, all others to submit or die. Yep, that's Zionism at its core, and it is Bible based.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I don't think you can say Israel is favoured in the world, the only nation that favours them really is the United States. Other than that there are plenty of people in the world who just dislike, either rationally or not. They also live in a very hostile place with neighbours who don't recognise their right to exist, and probably face more hostile neighbours than perhaps any other nation on earth. I wouldn't be a massive fan of the Israeli state, but I'd support them over the likes of Hamas any day.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Israel isn't favoured by the world, but Israel is favoured and nothing can ever wipe them out despite what a lot of the Muslim world might say.
I believe they are protected by a higher power and who's for or against them makes no difference. Heck the last 63 years have proved that while whole nations systems have collapsed and disappeared.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mountain40

Yep, you lost the plot alright!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

If they are favored by a higher power, then it is an evil higher power.

edit on 14-1-2011 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Israel isn't favoured by the world, but Israel is favoured and nothing can ever wipe them out despite what a lot of the Muslim world might say.
I believe they are protected by a higher power and who's for or against them makes no difference. Heck the last 63 years have proved that while whole nations systems have collapsed and disappeared.

This nonsensical attitude, fostered by TPTB, is one good reason why Israel isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

If people can believe that "God" is behind them, come hell or high water, then no wonder things are the way they are.

Usually, the people who are most deluded by this are American and UK "fundamentalist" or conservative "Christians". Sometimes these people are referred to by the seemingly oxymoronic term, "Christian-Zionists".

But you would still want to ask why TPTB are behind Israel. Is it because TPTB are "Jews", as many seem to think? Or could it be that Jews are serving a purpose, "useful idiots" was the unkind term coined years ago (by "them", ironically!).

The fact is, a long time ago, a military "fort" was deemed necessary in the Middle East by those in power, to keep Islam in check. Not that TPTB want Islam destroyed, not at all! In fact, they are also behind the rise of Islam, but since it needs to be a controlled rise, Israel gets to play it's role.

As I've said many times: "Jews" are NOT at the top of the control pyramid (even though some are). They have been identified for their cohesive strengths, their strong identity, and have been harnessed accordingly for the Big Picture.

Even anti-zionist Jews recognize this fact, and speak out against it. They know they're being used, and know where that will eventually lead. When the role the Jews are playing there in Israel is over, they will be discarded by their masters, a new pogrom... predictable really. Many Jews may feel betrayed of course, since they have been so loyal to the global cause, manning the "fort" of Israel, pouring out their blood, and yet, in many ways they will "deserve" what they eventually get. Why? Because they have been "too willing" in this role!

If there is "culpability" due because Jews have been helping to bring in the coming globalist Plantation, then perhaps what they get will be "fair", even though they have been mostly duped.

But I wouldn't get too excited yet. I think that the Jews have done so well in their role, as they do their master's bidding, that a few (just enough) will be "rewarded." For those lucky Jews, they will not only be allowed to live, but they will also be handed the whip, and assigned a new role: That of "capo", they will keep their fellow slaves in line for their masters, content to "serve", as long as they can be over the rest. Pathetic yes, but this has already happened, just review what happened in the take over of Russia in the last century.

Israel "favored" by the world? Who cares? As long as our masters favor them, they will be perfectly OK. But after that...

JR

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I thought this thread would be closed by now because the OP did not site any references?
If that poll exists, the OP should have a link at the very least.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I'm afraid it doesn't. You really don't know what you're talking about.

Please. These experiments by the biritsh have been collossal failures. Iraq, Turkey, Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon are CONSTANTLY embroiled in sectarian violence. Lebanon is a massive failure. Lebanon is not even a name of a people; but of a mountain range. Lebanons Shiite, Sunni, Druze, and Christian populations are constantly at war with one another. This nation will never last because its peoples are as far as possible from being at one with one another. As long as nations are built up the way the British have done them; hoping to impose in them from without some fake plastic western culture..It will fail. This is why i said Islam resists the west and for good reason.

You really don't know what you're talking about.

Really? So. you dont think the ideology of the west - moral relativism, contradicts Islamism? If you dont think so than youre the one who doesnt know what hes talking about.

Religion's core principle is moral relativism. ANYTHING is justified, everything is permissible, so long as you claim that god told you to do it.

First you lack an understanding of too many subjects. Firstly, ancient paganism. you dont understand anything about that. Secondly, the 10 commandments, which are incredibly moral and forbid unethical behavior; to Jew OR Gentile.. Agauin. You know not a thing about Judaism whos Talmud explicitly says All the rigghteous of the nations who perform deeds of kindness and charity have a place in Olam HaBa (heaven). Unlike the counterfeit Christian and Islamic traditions - which claim a monopoly on heaven.

if this is what you think, then I want to hear your theory on why the Imperialist Europeans created a Jewish state with a uniquely Jewish identity in the first damned place. You know Israel didn't just descend from the sky, right? It's the product of the United States, the UK, and the USSR saying "hey, let's make Israel" mostly 'cause none of them wanted to accept Jewish refugees.

The British attempted to create a "new Jew", a secularized Jew whose significance lied in his ethnic and cultural history. This smacks the face of 3300 years of jewish history where Judaism - and not simple ethnicity, defined what a Jew was. Any Gentile can convert and become a Jew. The perspicacity in the British creation was dissolving the old meaning of Jew and creating a new one. The state of Israel was never allowed to become a Jewish state. Even one of the big financers of Israel - Felix Warburg emphasized the importance of Israel Never becoming a "religious state"...

Even when great numbers of North African and middle eastern Sephardic Jews immigrated to Israel - the secular israeli establishment made sure these predominantly religious jews enrolled their children in secular schools,. If they refused. They werent allowed to have a job and make a living. Now most of these sephardic Israelis are secular.

As for why there is no word in the Western media about this stuff, my wager is that it's because the article is bullcrap. First off, Ynet has about as much credibility as the UK's Daily Mail, or the US' national Enquirer. It's intentionally sensationalized tabloid horse-pucky. Second, here's a phrase from the article that had me laughing.

All media in Israel is state owned; minus IsraelNationalNews and Ynet - where this story gets frequent coverage.

But. Since youre too lazy to employ google here

Heres a more "reputable" source

Haaretz
www.israelnationalnews.com...
www.jcpa.org...
An archeology blog

the guiding hands of the orthodox furheads.

HUH? When do Rabbinic Leaders 'guide'? Maybe you should read about how Israels secular leadership does everything possible to stifle the voice of Israels religious. Anyone who knows anything about Jews knows the secularists Hate the religious; wehether in Israel, America, or elsewhere. The secularists disown the religious. The wealthy ones are the secularists. The majority of Israels poor; are religious. The majority of those ousted from Gush Katif in 2005, were religious. Granted. The Shas has become ancillary to Likud and Labor in giving more Jewish land away and playing the 'land for peace' game with the arabs who obviously want nothing but continued war and bloodshed until the Jews who are a mockery and affront to their theology of Jihad are removed from the land.

This sounds awfully German of you.

If you mean religious German Jew circa 1933 who was aware of what the Nazis were planning, i agree. You sound like a Nazi apologist with this dogged defence of Middle Eastern strategy. Nobosdy has more little respect than the British. Their plan is to artifically break (which they have already down with these puppet regimes) the Middle east into one big secularized federation.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the biblical prophets already fortold the demise of this enterprise; of societies elect "those nobles who will no longer be called noble" in their desire to build their tower to heaven; or said differently, to make the world in their pagan/gnostic image. Its gonna fail. Thats why The Brits (with the support of America and Europe) created Israel. Partly to deride the prophecies of the Jewish sages and partly to verify their own twisted theosophical doctrines.

You do know the UN is based on this ideology, right? see Robert Muller and Alice Bailey/Lucis Trust.

Cause if there's something the middle east needs, it's another nation ruled by a war-loving theocratic despotism, amirite?

What are you talking about? First. Comparing Muslim theocracy to Torah is like comparing apples and bananas. Torah has limited boundaries. Islam separated the world into Islam al Habir and Islam al Harb. Meaning, Islam has every intention to conquer the rest of the world; which explains their incredibly bellicose and violent cultures..Even with each other.

Second of all, Islam is thoroughly political. There are 30 - 1 more mentions of politics in the Quran than devotional subjects. The entire Torah spends a great deal of time emphasizing a Jews moral prerogative "You shall treat the stranger (gentile) the same as yourself" "Remember you too were strangers in Egypt"..The Talmud speaks very highly about Gentile wisdom; in one episode a Rabbi opts for a Western astronomical system as opposed to a Jewish one because of its superior precision.

The fact that the Torah defines Israels border from the Nile of Egypt to the wilderness to the Euphrates shows that a Jewish state has defined borders. This idea that Judaism seeks world domination is completely unJewish.

look at the history of Judaism. How schisms have there been since their exile in 70 CE? Lets count. NONE. Not until the 1700s with the European enlightenment was 'reform' judiams created. Conservative Judaism tried to reconcile difference between reform and orthodox though still is inadequate. And now you have many. But the pouint being is that for 1700 years there was ONE Judaism. There may have been different emphasis, liturgies and cultures in Sephardic, Ashkenazi and Chassidic groups; but they all subscribed to the same tradition.

bsurd and paranoid scrawlings made by a tribe of cave-dwelling rapists

I think you may confusing Judaism with Islam.
edit on 14-1-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Torah

As with the bible, it's just a BOOK written by men..
It doesn't hold legal sway where land is concerned and it's more fantasy than history.
Many tales are mere copies from other cultures..

Just a book.........

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

1. Resolution 42: The Palestine Question (5 March 1948) Requests recommendations for the Palestine Commission
2. Resolution 43: The Palestine Question (1 Apr 1948) Recognizes "increasing violence and disorder in Palestine" and requests that representatives of "the Jewish Agency for Palestine and the Arab Higher Committee" arrange, with the Security Council, "a truce between the Arab and Jewish Communities of Palestine...Calls upon Arab and Jewish armed groups in Palestine to cease acts of violence immediately."
3. Resolution 44: The Palestine Question (1 Apr 1948) Requests convocation of special session of the General Assembly
4. Resolution 46: The Palestine Question (17 Apr 1948) As the United Kingdom is the Mandatory Power, "it is responsible for the maintenance of peace and order in Palestine." The Resolutions also "Calls upon all persons and organizations in Palestine" to stop importing "armed bands and fighting personnel...whatever their origin;...weapons and war materials;...Refrain, pending the future government of Palestine...from any political activity which might prejudice the rights, claims, or position of either community;...refrain from any action which will endager the safety of the Holy Places in Palestine."
5. Resolution 48: April 23, 1948, calls on all concerned parties to comply with UNSC Resolution 46 and establishes a Truce Commission for Palestine to assist the SC in implementing the truce. Approved 8-0, abstentions from Colombia, Ukrainian SSR and USSR.
6. Resolution 49: May 22, 1948 issues a cease-fire order to come into effect at noon, May 24, 1948, New York time. Orders the Truce Commission for Palestine previously set up to report on compliance. Passed by 8-0, abstentions from Ukrainian SSR, USSR and Syria.
7. Resolution 50: May 29, 1948, calls for a four week ceasefire covering Palestine, Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Transjordan and Yemen. Urges all to protect the Holy Places and Jerusalem. Offers the UN Mediator as many military observers as necessary. Further violations and the Council would consider action under Chapter VII of the UN Charter. Adopted in parts; no voting on the resolution as a whole.
8. Resolution 53: The Palestine Question (7 Jul 1948)
9. Resolution 54: The Palestine Question (15 Jul 1948)
10. Resolution 56: The Palestine Question (19 Aug 1948)
11. Resolution 57: The Palestine Question (18 Sep 1948)
12. Resolution 59: The Palestine Question (19 Oct 1948)
13. Resolution 60: The Palestine Question (29 Oct 1948)
14. Resolution 61: The Palestine Question (4 Nov 1948)
15. Resolution 62: The Palestine Question (16 Nov 1948)
16. Resolution 66: The Palestine Question (29 Dec 1948)
17. Resolution 72: The Palestine Question (11 Aug 1949)
18. Resolution 73: The Palestine Question (11 Aug 1949)
19. Resolution 89 (17 November 1950): regarding Armistice in 1948 Arab-Israeli War and "transfer of persons".
20. Resolution 92: The Palestine Question (8 May 1951)
21. Resolution 93: The Palestine Question (18 May 1951)
22. Resolution 95: The Palestine Question (1 Sep 1951)
23. Resolution 100: The Palestine Question (27 Oct 1953)
24. Resolution 101: The Palestine Question (24 Nov 1953)
25. Resolution 106: The Palestine Question (29 Mar 1955) 'condemns' Israel for Gaza raid.
26. Resolution 107: The Palestine Question (30 March)
27. Resolution 108: The Palestine Question (8 September)
28. Resolution 111: The Palestine Question (January 19, 1956) " ... 'condemns' Israel for raid on Syria that killed fifty-six people".
29. Resolution 113: The Palestine Question (4 April)
30. Resolution 114: The Palestine Question (4 June)
31. Resolution 127: The Palestine Question (January 22, 1958) " ... 'recommends' Israel suspends its 'no-man's zone' in Jerusalem".
32. Resolution 138: (June 23, 1960) Question relating to the case of Adolf Eichmann, concerning Argentine complaint that Israel breached its sovereignty.
33. Resolution 162: The Palestine Question (April 11, 1961) " ... 'urges' Israel to comply with UN decisions".
34. Resolution 171: The Palestine Question (April 9, 1962) " ... determines flagrant violations' by Israel in its attack on Syria".
35. Resolution 228: The Palestine Question (November 25, 1966) " ... 'censures' Israel for its attack on Samu in the West Bank, then under Jordanian control".
36. Resolution 233 Six Day War (June 6, 1967)
37. Resolution 234 Six Day War (June 7, 1967)
38. Resolution 235 Six Day War (June 9, 1967)
39. Resolution 236 Six Day War (June 11, 1967)
40. Resolution 237: Six Day War June 14, 1967) " ... 'urges' Israel to allow return of new 1967 Palestinian refugees".
41. Resolution 240 (October 25, 1967): concerning violations of the cease-fire
42. Resolution 242 (November 22, 1967): Termination of all claims or states of belligerency and respect for and acknowledgment of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area. Calls on Israel's neighbors to end the state of belligerency and calls upon Israel to reciprocate by withdraw its forces from land claimed by other parties in 1967 war. Interpreted commonly today as calling for the Land for peace principle as a way to resolve Arab-Israeli conflict
43. Resolution 248: (March 24, 1968) " ... 'condemns' Israel for its massive attack on Karameh in Jordan".
44. Resolution 250: (April 27) " ... 'calls' on Israel to refrain from holding military parade in Jerusalem".
45. Resolution 251: (May 2) " ... 'deeply deplores' Israeli military parade in Jerusalem in defiance of Resolution 250".
46. Resolution 252: (May 21) " ... 'declares invalid' Israel's acts to unify Jerusalem as Jewish capital".
47. Resolution 256: (August 16) " ... 'condemns' Israeli raids on Jordan as 'flagrant violation".
48. Resolution 258: (September 18)
49. Resolution 259: (September 27) " ... 'deplores' Israel's refusal to accept UN mission to probe occupation".
50. Resolution 262: (December 31) " ... 'condemns' Israel for attack on Beirut airport".
51. Resolution 265: (April 1, 1969) " ... 'condemns' Israel for air attacks on Salt, Jordan".
52. Resolution 267: (July 3) " ... 'censures' Israel for administrative acts to change the status of Jerusalem".
53. Resolution 270: (August 26) " ... 'condemns' Israel for air attacks on villages in southern Lebanon".
54. Resolution 271: (September 15) " ... 'condemns' Israel's failure to obey UN resolutions on Jerusalem".
55. Resolution 279: (May 12, 1970) "Demands the immediate withdrawal of all Israeli armed forces from Lebanese territory."(full text)
56. Resolution 280: (May 19) " ... 'condemns' Israeli's attacks against Lebanon".
57. Resolution 285: (September 5) " ... 'demands' immediate Israeli withdrawal form Lebanon".
58. Resolution 298: (September 25, 1971) " ... 'deplores' Israel's changing of the status of Jerusalem".
59. Resolution 313: (February 28, 1972) " ... 'demands' that Israel stop attacks against Lebanon".
60. Resolution 316: (June 26) " ... 'condemns' Israel for repeated attacks on Lebanon".
61. Resolution 317: (July 21) " ... 'deplores' Israel's refusal to release Arabs abducted in Lebanon".
62. Resolution 331: (April 20, 1973)
63. Resolution 332: (April 21) " ... 'condemns' Israel's repeated attacks against Lebanon".
64. Resolution 337: (August 15) " ... 'condemns' Israel for violating Lebanon's sovereignty and territorial integrity and for the forcible diversion and seizure of a Lebanese airliner from Lebanon's air space".
65. Resolution 338 (22 October 1973): " ...'calls' for a cease fire" in Yom Kippur War and "the implementation of Security Council Resolution 242 (1967) in all of its parts", and "Decides that, immediately and concurrently with the cease-fire, negotiations shall start between the parties concerned under appropriate auspices aimed at establishing a just and durable peace in the Middle East."
66. Resolution 339 (23 October 1973): Confirms Res. 338, dispatch UN observers.
67. Resolution 340 (25 October): "Demands that immediate and complete cease-fire be observed, per 338 and 339, and requests to increase the number of United Nations military observers
68. Resolution 341 (27 October): "Approves the report on the implementation resolution 340
69. Resolution 344 (15 December)
70. Resolution 346 (April 8, 1974)
71. Resolution 347: (April 24)" ... 'condemns' Israeli attacks on Lebanon".
72. Resolution 350 (31 May 1974) established the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force, to monitor the ceasefire between Israel and Syria in the wake of the Yom Kippur War.
73. Resolution 362 (October 23) decides to extend the mandate of the United Nations Emergency Force for another six months
74. Resolution 363 (November 29), regarding the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force
75. Resolution 368 (April 17, 1975)
76. Resolution 369 (May 28, 1975)
77. Resolution 371
78. Resolution 378
79. Resolution 381
80. Resolution 390
81. Resolution 396
82. Resolution 398
83. Resolution 408
84. Resolution 416
85. Resolution 420
86. Resolution 425 (1978): " ... 'calls' on Israel to withdraw its forces from Lebanon". Israel's withdrawal from Lebanon was completed by 16 June 2000.
87. Resolution 426
88. Resolution 427: " ... 'calls' on Israel to complete its withdrawal from Lebanon".
89. Resolution 429
90. Resolution 434
91. Resolution 438
92. Resolution 441
93. Resolution 444: " ... 'deplores' Israel's lack of cooperation with UN peacekeeping forces".
94. Resolution 446 (1979): 'determines' that Israeli settlements are a 'serious obstruction' to peace and calls on Israel to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention".
95. Resolution 449
96. Resolution 450: " ... 'calls' on Israel to stop attacking Lebanon".
97. Resolution 452: " ... 'calls' on Israel to cease building settlements in occupied territories".
98. Resolution 456
99. Resolution 459
100. Resolution 465: " ... 'deplores' Israel's settlements and asks all member states not to assist Israel's settlements program".
101. Resolution 467: " ... 'strongly deplores' Israel's military intervention in Lebanon".
102. Resolution 468: " ... 'calls' on Israel to rescind illegal expulsions of two Palestinian mayors and a judge and to facilitate their return".
103. Resolution 469: " ... 'strongly deplores' Israel's failure to observe the council's order not to deport Palestinians".
104. Resolution 470
105. Resolution 471: " ... 'expresses deep concern' at Israel's failure to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention".
106. Resolution 474
107. Resolution 476: " ... 'reiterates' that Israel's claim to Jerusalem are 'null and void'".
108. Resolution 478 (20 August 1980): 'censures (Israel) in the strongest terms' for its claim to Jerusalem in its 'Basic Law'.
109. Resolution 481
110. Resolution 483
111. Resolution 484: " ... 'declares it imperative' that Israel re-admit two deported Palestinian mayors".
112. Resolution 485
113. Resolution 487: " ... 'strongly condemns' Israel for its attack on Iraq's nuclear facility".
114. Resolution 488
115. Resolution 493
116. Resolution 497 (17 December 1981) decides that Israel's annexation of Syria's Golan Heights is 'null and void' and demands that Israel rescinds its decision forthwith.
117. Resolution 498: " ... 'calls' on Israel to withdraw from Lebanon".
118. Resolution 501: " ... 'calls' on Israel to stop attacks against Lebanon and withdraw its troops".
119. Resolution 506
120. Resolution 508:
121. Resolution 509: " ... 'demands' that Israel withdraw its forces forthwith and unconditionally from Lebanon".
122. Resolution 511
123. Resolution 515: " ... 'demands' that Israel lift its siege of Beirut and allow food supplies to be brought in".
124. Resolution 516
125. Resolution 517: " ... 'censures' Israel for failing to obey UN resolutions and demands that Israel withdraw its forces from Lebanon".
126. Resolution 518: " ... 'demands' that Israel cooperate fully with UN forces in Lebanon".
127. Resolution 519
128. Resolution 520: " ... 'condemns' Israel's attack into West Beirut".
129. Resolution 523
130. Resolution 524
131. Resolution 529
132. Resolution 531
133. Resolution 536
134. Resolution 538
135. Resolution 543
136. Resolution 549
137. Resolution 551
138. Resolution 555
139. Resolution 557
140. Resolution 561
141. Resolution 563
142. Resolution 573: " ... 'condemns' Israel 'vigorously' for bombing Tunisia in attack on PLO headquarters.
143. Resolution 575
144. Resolution 576
145. Resolution 583
146. Resolution 584
147. Resolution 586
148. Resolution 587 " ... 'takes note' of previous calls on Israel to withdraw its forces from Lebanon and urges all parties to withdraw".
149. Resolution 590
150. Resolution 592: " ... 'strongly deplores' the killing of Palestinian students at Bir Zeit University by Israeli troops".
151. Resolution 594
152. Resolution 596
153. Resolution 599
154. Resolution 603
155. Resolution 605: " ... 'strongly deplores' Israel's policies and practices denying the human rights of Palestinians.
156. Resolution 607: " ... 'calls' on Israel not to deport Palestinians and strongly requests it to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention.
157. Resolution 608: " ... 'deeply regrets' that Israel has defied the United Nations and deported Palestinian civilians".
158. Resolution 609
159. Resolution 611
160. Resolution 613
161. Resolution 617
162. Resolution 624
163. Resolution 630
164. Resolution 633
165. Resolution 636: " ... 'deeply regrets' Israeli deportation of Palestinian civilians.
166. Resolution 639 (31 Jul 1989)
167. Resolution 641 (30 Aug 1989): " ... 'deplores' Israel's continuing deportation of Palestinians.
168. Resolution 645 (29 Nov 1989)
169. Resolution 648 (31 Jan 1990)[1] The Security Council extends the mandate of the UN Interim Force in Lebanon until July 31, 1990.
170. Resolution 655 (31 May 1990)
171. Resolution 659 (31 Jul 1990)
172. Resolution 672 (12 Oct 1990): " ... 'condemns' Israel for "violence against Palestinians" at the Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount.
173. Resolution 673 (24 Oct 1990): " ... 'deplores' Israel's refusal to cooperate with the United Nations.
174. Resolution 679 (30 Nov 1990)
175. Resolution 681 (20 Dec 1990): " ... 'deplores' Israel's resumption of the deportation of Palestinians.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The double standards of the world in dealing with Israel is appalling.
Its strange how christians continue to blindly support Israel because they like to believe that the modern day state of Israel is the reborn Old Testament Israel...that it is the promised land of the "chosen people".
I wonder if they realize that zionist leaders who helped found Israel were atheists and marxist.

There is also this whole thing out there that Israel are, by default, the good guys in the middle east because they are a democracy and an ally of the US. Israels aggression towards the Palestinians are excused as "self defence"... and Palestinian resistence or lashing back at the occupiers are seen as "terrorism."

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Long list..
Looks to me like Israel's been a BAD BAD boy..

Now where's the punishment.?????

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Oh come on.. The issue isn't whether or not Israel's been bad, it's whether or not it's getting all the attention while other more serious atrocities are being over looked.
You asked for a list, here it is (is that everything? The guy said 400/600 and 100/175), now tell me there shouldn't be 10 resolutions on similar atrocities preformed by the world's super nations, like Russia, China, India, etc for every 1 resolution on Israel.

You're telling me this whole time that Israel has been bad the rest world has been at peace? You know that can't be true.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Oh yes..

Shall we list all the human rights crisis that were occurring in this same period of time 1946-90?

175 resolutions fixated on Israel.

Meanwhile, you have human rights abuses far far worse in other countries; pol pot in cambodia, apartheid in south africa (which had significantly less resolutions directed at them. And they - the british white south africans actively machine gunned the zulus) communist russia, yugoslavia, croatia, alabania, armenia, kurdistan, guatemala, rwanda etc etc. The fact that the Turks have been killing the Kurds on a much larger scale than anything Israel has done to the palestinians should indicate the degree of bias and discrimination in the world against the Jews. Manifest in UN resolutions and excessive media coverage.

Any reasonable person can conclude that this emphasis on Israel is exorbitant relative to the other situations in the world. Its obvious. It is so completely apparent that anyone who cannot see it is drowning in propaganda.

edit on 14-1-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad

Oh come on.. The issue isn't whether or not Israel's been bad, it's whether or not it's getting all the attention while other more serious atrocities are being over looked.
You asked for a list, here it is (is that everything? The guy said 400/600 and 100/175), now tell me there shouldn't be 10 resolutions on similar atrocities preformed by the world's super nations, like Russia, China, India, etc for every 1 resolution on Israel.

You're telling me this whole time that Israel has been bad the rest world has been at peace? You know that can't be true.

I agree...But does that mean we simply ignore the wrongs that are known because we know there are others being done that go unpunished??

A small point, but the majority of the countries you mention have done wrong but mostly to their own people..
Doesn't make them any less evil but it is true..
Israel on the other hand seems to get away with murder against it's supposed allies and other countries...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Israel seems to get away with murder?

So 175 UN condemnations is getting away with murder to you?

It seems people are more than aware of what Israel apparently does.

Question is. Why does the world ignore human offences in other countries if they care so dearly about "human rights"?

To any humanist or liberal THAT should be the question. Where are all the security council resolutions against China and their slave labor conditions and practices? Oh.. right.. Give them a seat and say in what is considered right or wrong as the UN has done

This world is run by the rule of corruption. The exorbitant attentoon Israel gets; whether the obtuse understand it or not - or simply choose to ignore it, is because of a deeply ingrained anti-semitism.

You, are an atheist. you dont understand certain subjects like mysticism, kabbalah and metaphysics which all the wordls elite are deeply engrossed in. So, as lng as you pretend that your attitude has validity, the facts will always confuse you. Which is why you say "its just a book".. OK...To the profane pearls appear as clumps of shiny pebbles...The world is much deeper than you understand and one has to have philosophical bent in order to truly appreciate the gravity of political and geopolitical manueverings.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join