It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel..Favored by the world???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Unlikely.

Digest these numbers.

Of 175 UN security council resolutions passed from 1946-90, 97 censured Israel.

Of 690 UN General Assembly resolutions during this period, 429 were directed against Israel.

Conversely, the UN kept silent while the Jordanians destroyed 58 synagogues in the old city of Jerusalem and desecrated tombs on the mount of olives (just as it did when the arabs destroyed Josephs tomb on october 12th 2000)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I believe we favor Israel some what

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I'm a big Israel fan people try to say that muslims are indigenous but people conveniently forgot who occupied the land in bible times.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
Unlikely.

Digest these numbers.

Of 175 UN security council resolutions passed from 1946-90, 97 censured Israel.

Of 690 UN General Assembly resolutions during this period, 429 were directed against Israel.

Conversely, the UN kept silent while the Jordanians destroyed 58 synagogues in the old city of Jerusalem and desecrated tombs on the mount of olives (just as it did when the arabs destroyed Josephs tomb on october 12th 2000)

I'll post the same reply to this thread as I did when you posted the exact same words in another thread..
BTW, a source would be good...

So are you trying to say the UN is anti-semantic?

Or maybe it's simply a perfect illustration of who are doing wrong..

BTW, I wouldn't worry too much...
The US vetoed most actions against Israel and Israel simplly ignored and screamed it was all anti-Israeli propaganda anyway..

Funny how Israel calls the UN corrupt on Israeli actions but quotes them on actions against others such as Iran..

Hypocrits much???

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
One must pander the question of why Israel is despised by the international community. There are two sides to every story in the courts so why shall there not be too in the world of public opinion? I am neither a friend nor foe of the state of Israel. While being a strict Palestinian liberation proponent I too acknowledge the rights that the Israeli’s have to land in that Holy region of our Earth.

Before I can make final decision upon your thread however I would like to see some links to prove your assertions in the OP.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JDofENGLAND

Philistines, Ammonites, Phoenicians, Hittites, Egyptians, Hurrians, Aramaeans, and Moabites?

No, no one forgets 'em, it's just that the Israelites commited genocide. Except against the Hittites, 'cause the Hittites had iron and roundly kicked the Israelite's butts every time.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The real irony the people hating Israelis or jews.....

Whether they created the state of Israel, stayed in Europe, or just left Israel right now..... people would still hate them because humans always need an enemy and a justification for everything. No matter what Jews do they, will be hated by many all eternity by some. Its just fact, its just some humans.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Unlikely.

Digest these numbers.

Of 175 UN security council resolutions passed from 1946-90, 97 censured Israel.)

And how many of those UN security council resolutions were enforced? Close to 0, maybe?

Again, resolutions at the UN - be they by the full body of members or by the security council - are meaningless if they can't be enforced.
And as long as there is a veto power for the main nuclear members of the UN security council resolutions, it's a farce anyway. See, all the US has to do is veto any of these resolutions; they still get passed by majority vote, but they cannot be enforced because one permanent member of the security council has exercised his/her veto rights. Israel is definitely favored by born again Christians all over the world, because well "they are the chosen people" and because many Christians believe that the establishment of the state of Israel is prerequisite for Armageddon and the last judgment and all that jazz ...

edit on 13/1/2011 by WalterRatlos because: Grammar and spelling

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What are you trying to prove with these Israeli-Jewish threads?
Some countries do not like Israel? So, Israel is like any other country then?
Your last thread (which was about how there are good Jews in the world) was as obvious as this one.

Your threads seem like bait for Zionists, pro-Israel, anti-Israel, Jews, and anti-Semitic posters.

I'd like to see you touch on a specific, interesting topic rather than trying to prove Israel and Jews aren't all bad.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ah, one of "those" threads...
Moving on.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
Your last thread (which was about how there are good Jews in the world) was as obvious as this one.

Your threads seem like bait for Zionists, pro-Israel, anti-Israel, Jews, and anti-Semitic posters.

I'd like to see you touch on a specific, interesting topic rather than trying to prove Israel and Jews aren't all bad.

*shrug* May be the OP is an Israel apologetic?
Of course, Jews and Israelis are like any people on earth: there are good and bad people in every ethnic group or nationality or religion. Well, his/her premise is that "look at all the awful resolutions against Israel and then compare them to resolutions against Arab countries." It's the Arabs who are the bad guys and the Israelis the good guys. This ignores of course what I stated earlier that there are good people and bad people in all ethnic groups or nationalities.
Usually, the good people are the (silent?) majority, while the bad apples, so to speak, are really a minority.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11PB11
The real irony the people hating Israelis or jews.....

Whether they created the state of Israel, stayed in Europe, or just left Israel right now..... people would still hate them because humans always need an enemy and a justification for everything. No matter what Jews do they, will be hated by many all eternity by some. Its just fact, its just some humans.

Odd, the thread topic is Israel, not the Jews..
Why do you wish to change the topic?

UN actions/resolutions against Israel, any comment???

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos

Originally posted by DevilJin

*shrug* May be the OP is an Israel apologetic?
Of course, Jews and Israelis are like any people on earth: there are good and bad people in every ethnic group or nationality or religion. Well, his/her premise is that "look at all the awful resolutions against Israel and then compare them to resolutions against Arab countries." It's the Arabs who are the bad guys and the Israelis the good guys. This ignores of course what I stated earlier that there are good people and bad people in all ethnic groups or nationalities.
Usually, the good people are the (silent?) majority, while the bad apples, so to speak, are really a minority.

There is no need for an "Israel apologetic," given how conditioned people are to believe the opposite of what people who look at both sides know, that being Israel can do no wrong. It would be for once to see a person bring a middle ground that discusses both Israel and its neighbors. Show the good and bad of both sides...Of course that will never work.

At least he or she isn't using the "Israel is a victim" tactic.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

When you give countries like China the same vote as Canada on human rights, or countries like Turkey the same vote as Sweden on treatment of minorities, and then on top of it all you give a few specific countries the right to veto anything from votes to bathroom passes you get a system that's not only flawed at its core, but also ineffective, meaningless, and ridden with politics and agendas.

They might as well have taken all of us and let us vote on these issues.
They might as well have taken that world cup octopus, at least that thing made some sense.

I can accept some condemnation of Israel, hell, I can even understand why there would be a lot of condemnation towards Israel, but that can't be it, Israel can not be the only country on the spot, that makes no sense by no stretch of logic- The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is horrible, but it is *minuscule* in comparison to past and ongoing world conflicts.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

You mean the destruction of all Jewish history in the eponymous "arab east jerusalem" (a name that only has relevance today, seeing all vestige of Jewish history in that part of Jerusalem has been systematically destroyed) and the abscence of an international condemnation, isnt enough proof?

How many of you know that the Waqf has been excavating at the temple mount - WITH ISRAELI GOVERNMENT PERMISSION, to the astonishment of international archeologists and religious Jews and christians, and destroying all evidence of the 1st and 2nd temples.

How much attention does this story get in the western media? The single most important archeological relic of our past, is being destroyed because the new age pagans in the west and the east want to cover up all history of the Jewish people.

Look what the arabs are saying today. They call the western wall - a historically jewish site, Al Buraq. The Arabs never use to call this site Al Buraq (a reference to mohommads mythical horse) but simply called it El-Mabka, the arab equivalent of the Hebrew appelation " the wailing wall".. Now they have the audacity to claim its theres and it has historically been related to them.

This is the crushing of everyhthing held sacred to not just Jews - but christians aswell (seeing they base themselves on the authenticity of the Hebrew scriptures) and appropriating it to muslims and Arabs.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrius
Ah, one of "those" threads...
Moving on.

Exactly. Perhaps the OP should move on too.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Talk about moral equivalence eh? (in regard to china having a vote on human rights)...

This is why people treat the palestinians as morally equivalent to the Jews...or today, startling enough, the victims. Despite their support for Terror and terrorist regimes and a jihadist islamic doctrine.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

I can accept some condemnation of Israel, hell, I can even understand why there would be a lot of condemnation towards Israel, but that can't be it, Israel can not be the only country on the spot, that makes no sense by no stretch of logic- The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is horrible, but it is *minuscule* in comparison to past and ongoing world conflicts.

IMO you are correct..But I see it as a snowball effect..
First obvious crimes are voted on and the US steps in to veto..
This happens a few times and some obviously get peeved, so they put in more resolutions, some frivolous..

It happens, but detracts from the truth..
The UN is a lame duck with these veto powers...

edit on 13-1-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDofENGLAND

I'm a big Israel fan people try to say that muslims are indigenous but people conveniently forgot who occupied the land in bible times.

the Caninites before santa said to the Israelis go forth my basterd children and conquer the poor SOBs
up north of Egyt

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Or perhaps we should all bury those old grudges. My generation did not suffer the holocaust, did not get kicked out of their land, these people are dying and with them the hate, we are their children and grandchildren, but we must not be their mistakes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join