It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel..Favored by the world???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Why do you consistently start threads and then derail them??

Show us the proof and links for whats in your OP..
Discuss the resolutions and votes cast against Israel..
Debate if the resolutions were warranted..
Talk about the veto votes cast by the US...

That's the thread topic..!!!!!
Not how the poor jews have been hated through eternity...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Why is this thread even allowed to continue?!!?... Mods this is nothing more then a SHILL HATE thread and should be removed.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

It also subtracts from the dignity of the establishment- Had it acted on all injustices the US would have had a harder time vetoing in favor of Israel, the UN might have had actual power, the power it was supposed to have, the council that governs the world.

Instead it is a puppet of so many masters that it's lost all credibility and relevance.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad

It also subtracts from the dignity of the establishment- Had it acted on all injustices the US would have had a harder time vetoing in favor of Israel, the UN might have had actual power, the power it was supposed to have, the council that governs the world.

Instead it is a puppet of so many masters that it's lost all credibility and relevance.

stared, except it never had any credibility to lose..
The veto powers were there from the start..
Not really a democratic world voice if that's the case..

To me it seems a great instrument of them masters you mention to be the bullies against smaller nations who have none of the members with veto powers as allies..
Very biased in that sense....

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

So you want me to discuss 97 and 429 different UN resolutions?

pffft. get real.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

pffft. get real.

Why start the thread then???
Your other rants would go better in your other thread anyway.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I find that it's more of a struggle of agendas- The Muslim/Arab nations would usually vote as one, which creates a tide of votes against anything that's Israel, is against Islam, or hurts any one of the nations in this "coalition", then you have nations like China or Russia trying to divert attention from the chaos they're spreading, and then you have the U.S just vetoing whatever the Arab nations are ganging up against, and you have no one raising their voice against big players in the inhumanity field like China, Russia, Turkey, etc.

It's that old rule of politics again- The average Joe gets his focus set on the middle east because the real big players, the ones that butcher by the thousands each year, use their power to make sure no one talks about them.
So while the UN has an urgent meeting every time Netanyahu farts eastwards, other and mostly bigger injustices go unnoticed and unmentioned.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

So while the UN has an urgent meeting every time Netanyahu farts eastwards, other and mostly bigger injustices go unnoticed and unmentioned.

Sorry, I think you know by now I don't buy into the.
"poor Israel, everyone is picking on us" scenario..

Although as I mentioned, many resolutions are frivolous, probably the Arab nations as you suggest, it's also true that "where there's smoke, there's usually fire"

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Wasn't suggesting there isn't.. There's a giant fire and # load of smoke.

Was simply trying to insinuate that the UN became obsessed with every little thing that Israel does in the name of avoiding talking about what Russia is doing in the North Caucasus, or what China is doing to its own people, and everyone around it, or the insurgency in India.

That's how I see it anyway..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

What other thread? Some positive opinions of Jews? nope. I think its clearly and obviously more relevant here.

If youre capable of making connections. My making mention of the lack of reporting of the Waqfs destroying archeological evidence of solomons temple, and the 2nd temple, plus the destruction of Jewish synagogues and cemetaries in old jerusalem, is quite relevant to the partiality the world community shows towards the arabs; and not israel.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Was simply trying to insinuate that the UN became obsessed with every little thing that Israel does in the name of avoiding talking about what Russia is doing in the North Caucasus, or what China is doing to its own people, and everyone around it, or the insurgency in India.

Ahh but that opens a HUGE can of worms..
Then they would need to explain why the west/US seem to only help/invade/finance certain needy countries..
Way too hard..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
They are more favored in the North American continent .. thats for sure

they control major offices.. how did they manage that again ?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

What other thread? Some positive opinions of Jews? nope. I think its clearly and obviously more relevant here.

If youre capable of making connections. My making mention of the lack of reporting of the Waqfs destroying archeological evidence of solomons temple, and the 2nd temple, plus the destruction of Jewish synagogues and cemetaries in old jerusalem, is quite relevant to the partiality the world community shows towards the arabs; and not israel.

Israel have done their fair share of destroying..
The sympathy card has been done to death...
BTW, I'm an atheist by definition so all this fighting over books is beyond reason in my opinion..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Refreshing to see an Israeli be so honest and see boths sides of the argument. A few times recently I've played the anti-zionist role in this forum, but that is purely because it's not right to see a few zionist extremists who see only their side of the argument and believe that they are blameless for the affairs of the past 90 years- both sides must accept some blame, although what portion is hard to tell, what with there being so much propaganda out there from both sides, though at the end of the day it's unimportant.

As to Israels popularity, I don't see much mention of our 2 nations affairs in the UK media- at least, not recently. Obviously Israel is very popular in the USA, at least with the leaders, and at the current moment in time, that's the most important thing

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

pffft. get real.

Nope, but you could start by answering questions? Like how many of those resolutions were indeed enforced? Close to 0?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Starred

Of course, how could you mention giants like Russia, China, and India without mentioning America.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is the list of every ongoing conflict worldwide, you think non of them is committing any atrocities? I can assure you that where ever there's a loaded gun, there are also atrocious acts. The world is in shambles, my friend, and all the information is out there, we're just all too busy looking at whatever we're manipulated into looking at, like the misdirection in a cheap parlor trick.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Those Jews sure are getting desperate for recognition, their Victim hood status needs rebuilding in light of their atrocities against Palestine and it's people are making headlines everyday.. So very Sad for the Jews not to be the victims and stoop to posting these types of threads........LOL

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

Um...UN resolution 242. Calling for Israels withdrawal from the post 1967 borders; which they did,. The resolution also adjured that with this withdrawal, palestinian violence would cease. Of course this didnt happen. not only did it not happen, but terrorists continue to shoot rockets into pre-1967 borders.

Various polls have shown that palestinians do not want peace with Israel and simply use these talks to get more land; ie the motto of the oslo accord "land for peace". They want Israel Gone. If jews dont leave on their own, theyll have them leave in coffins.

Plenty of Arab politicians have mocked Israels stupidity "we get land witth military bases, developed infrastructure and they get a piece of paper!"
edit on 13-1-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

reply to post by WalterRatlos

Um...UN resolution 242. Calling for Israels withdrawal from the post 1967 borders; which they did,. The resolution also adjured that with this withdrawal, palestinian violence would cease. Of course this didnt happen. not only did it not happen, but terrorists continue to shoot rockets into pre-1967 borders.

Various polls have shown that palestinians do not want peace with Israel and simply use these talks to get more land; ie the motto of the oslo accord "land for peace". They want Israel Gone. If jews dont leave on their own, theyll have them leave in coffins.

Plenty of Arab politicians have mocked Israels stupidity "we get land witth military bases, developed infrastructure and they get a piece of paper!"
edit on 13-1-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

Maybe the Arabs could decide the dissplaced palistinians need a new home, give them half of Israel and see how the Israelis react to that..

Hmmm, I wonder what they would do.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Israel have done their fair share of destroying.. The sympathy card has been done to death...

Why look at it as a "sympathy card"? Why is it that people feel they can only have sympathy for one side or the other? Have sympathy for both sides, when deserving.

And I'll tell you something else- I might be an Atheist like you, but I'm saddened by the loss of these sites.. This is my ancestor's ancient history, it is important to me.. I wouldn't go to war over it, but to destroy it for nothing?

Israel destroyed, and the Arabs destroyed- Neither have been rightful.

And I think his point was that the Arabs weren't held to the same standards or scrutiny Israel is held to now a days.. Which is true, albeit a bit irrelevant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join