It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel..Favored by the world???

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Ok so muslim kids and adults cutting themselves is totally insane. But a jewish rabbi cutting off a babies foreskin and sucking the blood while the parents watch is perfectly sane.

Gotcha. Cant believe I haven't heard of this before. lol

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Atleast it has a purpose. Its to prevent the bleeding.

What logical purpose is there in this? blood letting??

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Whatever you say man, I'm not taking up for the muslims. But that rabbi thing is way more f**cked on so many levels.

I think most people would agree. I'm willing to bet most people don't know this practice even goes on.

Maybe the Rabbi's are pedophiles who get off on this? or is that not possible in Judiasm?
edit on 16-1-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Atleast it has a purpose. Its to prevent the bleeding.

What logical purpose is there in this? blood letting??

Hmmm OK...Whats the purpose in the first place.??
Many doctors disagree with the practice..

Ohh, any idea when this mutilation of baby boys became a part of jewish religion.???

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I think the difference is intent and purpose- The purpose of a circumcision is not to cause the baby pain, or put him in a state of trance, to make him bleed or anything like that, the purpose is to perhaps separate the newborn from non Jewish newborns? Whatever it is, it isn't the blood or the pain, and I think that makes a big difference.

I have to say though, I've never thought about how primitive the tradition is..

My god, man, he sucks blood off the wound for a second, he doesn't suck the baby's penis, what's wrong with you?
It's an age old, primitive tradition, and that's the only way they knew how to clear the blood to prevent infection, now a days the blood sucking is much less popular as you can imagine...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

It's a primitive thousand year old tradition, who knows what's the purpose..

I can only assume it has something to do with separation from others, or to be able to know whether or not that person is Jewish..

Yeah, it most likely has everything to do with separation from other nations and peoples.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad

It's a primitive thousand year old tradition, who knows what's the purpose..

I can only assume it has something to do with separation from others, or to be able to know whether or not that person is Jewish..

Yeah, it most likely has everything to do with separation from other nations and peoples.

OK, so the Jews decided a part of Man needed to be removed that God has given us. So this was done with great pain to the baby that had no choice in the matter...Then some Rabi would come along and suck the blood from the poor boys penis..

And this goes on to this day regardless of doctors that say it's not only barbaric but also that the foreskin is there for a good reason..

That about sum up this crime against kids with NO rights.???

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

They're 8 days old, what's the big deal? And how do you know how badly it hurts? It's not done with a rusty old knife, you know..

It's 5 seconds of pain in the 8 days old baby's life, that's it. It doesn't understand what's going on..

*Doctors* call it barbaric, or *you* call it barbaric? And I've only heard that it improves hygiene, your doctor might say other wise, but different doctors always have different opinions... Has there ever been a study proving one way or another? Anything to back that claim up?

It's an 8 day old baby! It's not some kind of prisoner! I've never heard of anyone that's grown up and said "damnit! I wish I could have my foreskin back! WHY, OH WHY DID THEY TAKE IT OFF?"
The whole argument is silly..

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

What if the kid grows up and decides he doesn't want to be a Jew? He'll be stuck then with having less pleasurable sex all because of a religion

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad

They're 8 days old, what's the big deal? And how do you know how badly it hurts? It's not done with a rusty old knife, you know..

It's 5 seconds of pain in the 8 days old baby's life, that's it. It doesn't understand what's going on..

*Doctors* call it barbaric, or *you* call it barbaric? And I've only heard that it improves hygiene, your doctor might say other wise, but different doctors always have different opinions... Has there ever been a study proving one way or another? Anything to back that claim up?

It's an 8 day old baby! It's not some kind of prisoner! I've never heard of anyone that's grown up and said "damnit! I wish I could have my foreskin back! WHY, OH WHY DID THEY TAKE IT OFF?"
The whole argument is silly..

We are talking about a religion that DEMANDS this even of grown men that wish to convert..Why??
What is the relationship to religion??
Wny must one mutilate themselves to be a Jew?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I find the whole circumcision thing barbaric too- it does seem pretty strange that if you believe god made us, he gave males a part which MUST be cut off and cause great pain in doing so. I was circumcised when I was about 13, because of medical reasons- believe me, it's one of the worst pains you can imagine. Obviously nowadays there's local/general anaesthetic, but before those days.. Seriously, once that local anaesthetic wears off and you have to go to the toilet, or even walk, you wouldn't question whether it's painful or not. Actually, the first time I tried to go to the toilet after my operation, I passed out because it hurt so much. Noone should have to go through the experience without good cause.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Are you dumb or blind?

I explained it in my earlier post.

Circumcision is done on the organ of the body assiocated with life - the phallus in kabbalah is Yesod, which means 'foundation'. it establishes ones relationship with reality. All ones vitality passes through it; whether psychologically, or physically (in coitus). Circumcizing it signifies removing a thick, desensitizing husk which spiritually speaking means removing the husk of the heart; of the emotions. In Kabbalah, Yesod is the lowest extemity of the 6 emotive sefirot. It therefore clarifies emotion and refines it for more spiritual purposes. Its a very noble and dignified practice.

edit on 16-1-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Are you dumb or blind?

I explained it in my earlier post.

Neither, just most of your posts have been insulting rants so I tend to ignore that type of thing.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Therefore circumcision is directly related to the observant Jews way of life.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

This is what you asked

We are talking about a religion that DEMANDS this even of grown men that wish to convert..Why?? What is the relationship to religion??

My earlier post dealt with this subject. If you had read it you would understand how circumcision is related to 'religion' ie; the spiritual.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Its a very noble and dignified practice.

Hmm, mutilating a defencless baby that is not old enough to decide and then having some old rabi suck the blood off his penis..

Yep, tick Dignified and Noble.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Well, I don't understand how it's justifiable to deal this kind of harm without an individuals consent. Okay, so if a man adopts the Jewish faith and understands he must be circumcised, that's fair enough. However, doing it to a baby who can in no way comprehend or have any understanding of Judaism, or any other religion for that matter, is crazy and barbaric. Do people have a right to harm their children needlessly because of their religious beliefs? Where do you draw the line?

It shouldn't really be an acceptable defence that just because something is traditional, we continue to do it- humanity has had many barbaric traditions that were needlessly carried out in the past that we realised were wrong and stopped i.e human sacrifice, slavery. Just look at the pope, he even says god made aliens now- those Catholics really know how to roll with the times, completely contradicting themselves in the process and yet somehow remaining popular/richer than your wildest dreams. Unbelievable

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Oh, come on, now you're just blowing things out of proportion... That's mutilation? It's just a tiny piece of skin! What about piercings, earrings, tattoos, high heels, cosmetic surgery, etc.. That's not mutilation? In our society you call this mutilation?

Defenseless baby? Why must you exaggerate with these descriptions? It's a freakin' 8 day old baby, it doesn't know anything, does this seem like some kind of abuse to you? It's harmless, it's just circumcision, everybody goes through it, and I have never heard not even one person say "Oh man, I hate my foreskin-less penis".. It's a Jewish thing, the baby doesn't mind, the adult it turns into doesn't mind, this isn't a big deal.

A grown man on the other hand is a different issue, but I'm assuming a grown man gets circumcised in a hospital... Why it demands it is beyond me.. Wait, does it even demand it of converts? I'm not sure that it does...

And finally "and then having some old rabi suck the blood off his penis.." come on, man, you're better than this..

We all know it's primitive, but it's not as brutal as you imagine it to be.. Nobody's trying to hurt the baby, or suck its penis, they just cut a little piece of skin to symbolize that it is Jewish.. Why? I don't know, but you don't have to make it sound as if they're cutting its penis off and feed it to the rabbi...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I totally favor Israel in everything they do. Why they are the Chosen People.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Looks like the current topic is Jewish mutilation. Sheesh, not sure that's productive.

Well, I am not a fan of any kind of mutilation, and that includes the popular ones, piercings and tattoos, and obviously, the fact that the procedure is done to a baby is going to be considered by many as a horrific thing.

BUT, to clarify, I think it's possible that the Jewish tradition here, as "barbaric" as it seems, actually measures up quite well against the radical procedure promoted by the medical establishment for males, in some countries over the past decades. The USA is probably leading the pack, even though the tide seems to have turned now.

A typical medical circumcision takes a LOT of the foreskin off, not just the very small (almost token) bit that is performed by a properly trained mohel on a Jewish baby. To compare the two may not be legit, but I can see how some may have the two confused. One is radical mutilation, the other is small in comparison.

My dad used to talk about a gypsy family they knew when he was a kid that practiced ear-piercing of their babies. I don't know if that formed some part of their identity, but if it did, I can see how the generations of gypsies might want to keep that tradition alive. Another way to look at it is that they may feel as if they were betraying their roots, if they failed to carry on the tradition.

SO, considering that religion is also bound up in the Jewish mutilation ritual, in addition to identity, I think that practically speaking, this is one where non-Jews should probably just back away, and mind their own business. I say this not because I like the idea at all, but morally speaking, it may not be any worse than piercing ears, and many in the West have absolutely no problem with that.

Come to think of it, some hispanic people I knew seemed to have all their little girls with pierced ears (I mean, like three-year old kids), so they probably have traditions of their own. I really can't imagine wanting to stick my nose in their business, I can only guess that if I did, they would be offended, and probably not even want to explain their tradition, papa might rather want to punch me instead!

Well, so how about Israel being favored by the world now??

JR

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join